Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth of Heaven
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

maybe let woe box be usable only on woe maps . like , you know , name suggests

The tears from such a change would be epic.

#27 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Well I personally think its TOO OP.

Any melee class can buy 100 silvervine (130k tops).

With 100 silvervine comes 16 boxes.

With 16 boxes comes 800 health potions and 320 mana potions.

Each health potion with some VIT heals about 1600 health.

That makes a knight mob 10 mobs that he cant solo 1 without the helps of potions and SPAM AOE skill.

With that, he farms 1M/h zenny and about 4M exp/hour at the right spot.

How do I know the numbers? My brother is playin as a knight and I see him leveling...

What does making that possible takes away from the game??

Well,

priests -> they heal / hard to solo = NOT NEEDED

wizards -> they can spam AoE / hard to solo / nerfed as hell = NOT NEEDED

I appreciate that there's no p2w items... but this box takes away entierly 2 classes from the game...

Of course WoE potions right now are a problem, but is just question of time, since the KP is getting more expensive (1st week every silvervine 100 box value was 40k~60K now is 90K~150K) since the economy is now something and no a new anymore, now about your post about wizzards and Priest, i see Wizards soloing very well, i cant tell you about the exp per hour yet, i have my Mage but i save for Sage release, now the Priest is the class can solo and leveling more fast (thank you Anubis and Niflheim) without potions and the key is Bathory card.

#28 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

If what PinkWing said happens, it'll already improve alot...

But if the community doesnt say anything, things will just stay the same...

At first I tought you disagree with me, you seemed against. If you are in favor of any changes, you shouldnt go against posts that tries to change things...

Dont you agree that removing WoE supply box for leveling would improve the game experience?

again as i said you think they will change anything as a 15 year veteran i can tell you they do not care what we the players think 98% of the time.

tumblr_inline_nzcqfbUsxy1qijymb_540.jpg

#29 vmenezes

vmenezes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

again as i said you think they will change anything as a 15 year veteran i can tell you they do not care what we the players think 98% of the time.

Well, I feel really bad for that... I believe in you...

Seems like its going anywhere but down... at least for me

#30 PlowMe

PlowMe

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

:p_smile: even the bots are using them

#31 vmenezes

vmenezes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

:p_smile: even the bots are using them

lol thats funny!

#32 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

It's not that they don't care as much as what they are/aren't allowed to change. KRO is the pilot to this plane..so its soar high into the skies or crash n' burn (they decide).

#33 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

No doubt about having a easier to train class. The real problem is to have some classes that can solo places that was supposed to be played in party.

One thing is to SPEND money to level really fast, the other is to PROFIT ALOT from that, that brakes it.

I mean I get where you're coming from, but some people just want to solo level. I will admit that woe boxes are incredibly cheap. When I first saw them my first thought was "well this is gonna be easy".

My brothers and I all enjoy this game and our favorite thing about it so far is that leveling isnt a pain in the ass anymore because of these boxes. They usually get bored of RO after a certain amount of time, but because getting pots is easy now they actually have been grinding away.

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Well Mr. Shark,

Its not that we don't care what users think but we have to consider them in terms of goals set for the game itself. Disabling WoE supply boxes and Kafra cards inside WoE castles (But allowed on the realm) makes sense as you aren't supposed to have unlimited supply access in an active pvp map. Removing them from the game is not something were willing to do as we need some revenue and potions are one of the least damaging sources of cash shop revenue versus say, Gatcha Boxes.

#35 vmenezes

vmenezes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

I mean I get where you're coming from, but some people just want to solo level. I will admit that woe boxes are incredibly cheap. When I first saw them my first thought was "well this is gonna be easy".

My brothers and I all enjoy this game and our favorite thing about it so far is that leveling isnt a pain in the ass anymore because of these boxes. They usually get bored of RO after a certain amount of time, but because getting pots is easy now they actually have been grinding away.

I understand that part. For me and my brother I'd rather play as a group. We've created 1 priest for healing, 1 wizard for AoE and 1 knight for mob.

We just wont play as a party since we are just dead weight on the knight... he can solo better and faster than the 3 of us can.

#36 vmenezes

vmenezes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Ok, I get it:

The game is not about grouping up and do something, its about go solo with some OP solo class and solo everything alone.

Good thinking, MMO!

#37 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Your exp and zeny per hour numbers are wrong so yeah, that kinda invalidates your whole argument.

Those boxes are probably the thing they make the most money off of. If they were to remove them you can bet your ass we would be having lucky boxes show up in the cash shop shortly after. I've seen parties on every single map that ive been leveling and hunting on so obviously supply boxes arent killing parties.

Edited by Easly, 31 July 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#38 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Well Mr. Shark,

Its not that we don't care what users think but we have to consider them in terms of goals set for the game itself. Disabling WoE supply boxes and Kafra cards inside WoE castles (But allowed on the realm) makes sense as you aren't supposed to have unlimited supply access in an active pvp map. Removing them from the game is not something were willing to do as we need some revenue and potions are one of the least damaging sources of cash shop revenue versus say, Gatcha Boxes.

Mr, Camp

as i said i would be fine if WoE pots were used for in woe only, if not maybe you should change the name? and as i said over the years 98% you guys do not care, and if that's not the case you guys sure do go out of your way to make it seem that way.

only a few i have known that gave 2 -_-s Heimdallr being one of them.

whale-shark-feeding-funny-shark-meme.png

Edited by VModCinnamon, 01 August 2017 - 08:19 AM.
Do not use red font in that manner, it's reserved for moderation. Replaced font color to blue.

#39 vmenezes

vmenezes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

Your exp and zeny per hour numbers are wrong so yeah, that kinda invalidates your whole argument.

Those boxes are probably the thing they make the most money off of. If they were to remove them you can bet your ass we would be having lucky boxes show up in the cash shop shortly after. I've seen parties on every single map that ive been leveling and hunting on so obviously supply boxes arent killing parties.

Nah, its not.

I can tell you the places he went so you can test it yourself:

He went to Magma dungeon, he's 85 knight

Was doing minimum 4.5M exp/hour and 1M zenny/hour.

He was using Bubble Gum and Battle Manual. He's also VIP

Now go test yourself, bye.

Edited by vmenezes, 31 July 2017 - 07:42 PM.

#40 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

I understand that part. For me and my brother I'd rather play as a group. We've created 1 priest for healing, 1 wizard for AoE and 1 knight for mob.

We just wont play as a party since we are just dead weight on the knight... he can solo better and faster than the 3 of us can.

I'm also about being efficient as possible so it might be why I love these boxes xD. As an Assassin I love that I don't have to look for group that's around my level and then hope they stick around the whole 30 minutes that my BM is active lol. If I were playing another class that requires group play I understand how the boxes may impact you however they implemented the new party exp share bonuses to help out with that.

All n all they are OP for the price they are currently going for, but if they increase the price they'd just look greedy. If they remove it it's loss of revenue. Best thing to do is for them to do nothing, but balance them WoE wise. Maybe change the name of them xD

#41 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

Do I need to say anything?

Am I the only one that thinks it should be removed?

Edit: Some infos copied and pasted from below

Well I personally think its TOO OP.

Any melee class can buy 100 silvervine (130k tops).

With 100 silvervine comes 16 boxes.

With 16 boxes comes 800 health potions and 320 mana potions.

Each health potion with some VIT heals about 1600 health.

That makes a knight mob 10 mobs that he cant solo 1 without the helps of potions and SPAM AOE skill.

With that, he farms 1M/h zenny and about 4M exp/hour at the right spot.

How do I know the numbers? My brother is playin as a knight and I see him leveling...

What does making that possible takes away from the game??

Well,
priests -> they heal / hard to solo = NOT NEEDED
wizards -> they can spam AoE / hard to solo / nerfed as hell = NOT NEEDED

I appreciate that there's no p2w items... but this box takes away entierly 2 classes from the game...

Forgot to say they weight NOTHING!

People multi-client and if anything this is more harmful to classes than this box. This box, as stated by Camp, generates revenues to the company and the company needs it to operate.

It is more sensible and realistic to disable multi-client or ban if found guilty rather than remove the box from cash shop./

#42 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Well Mr. Shark,

Thanks for listening to my suggestion.

Is it possible to disable opening mail inside castles as well? Because you can mail pots to yourself that way as well.

#43 ultrahiangle12

ultrahiangle12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

Well Mr. Shark,

amazing news to hear! Surely a good decision for the health of pre-trans WoE.

#44 satoshixsin

satoshixsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

Nerf the woe potions i see knight mob and solo like nobody business. There is no balance. Decrease the healing from the potion. Knight is too OP now. Please consider our opinion campitor.

#45 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

the woe potions aren't a problem if there's no way to get more without going to town, they will run out 

#46 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

First of , i am fine with woe Boxes ( no i dont play a knight, i hate this class... no offense) .

I use them myself for leveling and i actually would like to see them removed, from most part of the game so basicly:

- Make Woe potions only useable inside a castle sight (castles and the map that contains them) 

- Boxes & Kafracrads useable only outsight from woe castles

that would be my suggestion, at least when woe starts becouse i do understand that woe boxes are actually that what keeps the server running and paid for right now 

#47 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

Well Mr. Shark,

How about some changes/nerfs then? Example, instead of being potions with the "itemheal" command, switch it to a fixed self cast heal? This would still get thedesired result of people being able to buy self sustain whenever they want, but it would be the same amount healed for everyone, a Novice would heal for, say, 500 per potion always, no random component, and a 99 Knight with 110 Vit would heal for 500 per potion always. Or maybe, make them heal for MORE but add a considerable use delay, like Yggdrasil seed levels of healing with, let's say, 5~15 seconds delay.

I am 100% on the F2P train with "burden ease" moneytization model, but these WoE supply boxes are not healthy for the game, they are becoming pay to win in clear particular cases, and these should be addressed.

"Gatcha Boxes" aren't that bad, as long as you implement them correctly, look at Blizzard games right now for example, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm have an amazing system for this, and everything unlucked this way is a cosmetic item, that can also be unlocked through progression, and guess what! you already have a Progression system in the game through the Achievements Menu, all you'd need to do is change the rewards to different quality Boxes, oh and remember to make them all just cosmetic items, from simple costumes to even super rare quest hats (like, Kitsune Mask).

#48 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:18 PM

Well Mr. Shark,

This is great, but I think we need a new name for the potion boxes. Battle Supply Box? Hunting Supply Box? I don't know I'm terrible with names.

As long as the boxes are kept out of WoE I think most players will be happy. It would be far too destructive to remove them entirely from the server now. I and many others are far too accustomed to them.

#49 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

Well Mr. Shark,

But Campitor, WoE supply boxes should be disabled in WoE zones, yes. Or given weight equal to content inside the boxes.

BUT WoE potions should be disabled everywhere but towns and WoE zones.

Just an example for you: for WoE boxes being usable in PvM to be fair - silvervine price should be 1mil/100 or Box price in Silvervine and Kafra shop should be way higher (5-10 times). As they are now they are the most damaging thing for economy because they essentially remove very large zeny sink - npc potions.

Edited by DarthaNyan, 01 August 2017 - 01:31 AM.

#50 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

BUT you can buy them with silvervine. You buy silvervine with zenny.

You can buy 800 health potions and 320 mana potions for about 130k ZENNY. Not $$

Oh. Then it should be removed from the silvervine cash shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users