117 replies to this topic

#51 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:23 AM

Just an example for you: for WoE boxes being usable in PvM to be fair - silvervine price should be 1mil/100. As they are now they are the most damaging thing for economy because they essentially remove very large zeny sink - npc potions.

What are you smoking? The price is one of the reasons ALL players can afford them. What you're suggesting either makes only the richest able to use them or makes no one want to use them. 

You can't have WoE pots in for an entire month, amass riches and then have them removed. No new player wants to play on a server where the old players got a SIGNIFICANT advantage. Maybe it would work on Frigg, but don't attempt to destroy this server because you like spending millions on white pots.

With the higher damage skills / magic from enemies these pots are almost -required-. 

#52 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:None.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

+1 Threadopener.

Remove them or at least make them much much much much more expensive. Alchemists coming soo. tPotionmaker will be totally useless.

#53 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

But Campitor, WoE supply boxes should be disabled in WoE zones, yes. Or given weight equal to content inside the boxes.

BUT WoE potions should be disabled everywhere but towns and WoE zones.

Just an example for you: for WoE boxes being usable in PvM to be fair - silvervine price should be 1mil/100. As they are now they are the most damaging thing for economy because they essentially remove very large zeny sink - npc potions.

What are you smoking? The price is one of the reasons ALL players can afford them. What you're suggesting either makes only the richest able to use them or makes no one want to use them. 

You can't have WoE pots in for an entire month, amass riches and then have them removed. No new player wants to play on a server where the old players got a SIGNIFICANT advantage. Maybe it would work on Frigg, but don't attempt to destroy this server because you like spending millions on white pots.

With the higher damage skills / magic from enemies these pots are almost -required-. 

Dartha has a really good point here, White Potions are actually the only effective money sink Ragnarok has and its not even a really good one tbh and yes 1 mil/100 silv sounds a lot but see it that way :

100 Silvervine can be farmed right now and they can be bought by players,  by tying silvervine boxes ingame zeny and real life money together you stabilize the value of zeny,silvervine .

Lower players can farm silver , rich ingame players can buy silver from other players and players that put money into the game can sell them to other players aswell, but effectivly no matter how much zeny inflate at least you know 1m is at least worth 100 silvervine wish is at least 100 Karats ,wich is at least 10 woe supply boxes. 

You tie other kafra shop items as well with this .  Other MMo use this system to tie thier ingame currency to other currency as well like Eve Online ,you can even go a step further and allow players to buy Vip with silvervine ,effectivly enable everyone to get it, with either zeny grind ,silvervine grind or real life money.

#54 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

At very least they should be removed from silvervine merchant.

#55 Paragon

Paragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:37 AM

I don't know what needs to be done, but something needs to be done.

They can't stay the way that they are.

The Bowling Bash pot spam nonsense is somewhat boring, and totally not what I remember and enjoyed about this game.

Oh and, I'm a Knight.

I feel like I'm locked into playing a Bowling Bash WoE Blue Pot spam build because it's the most effective.

#56 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

The good news for who dislike that potions is that the price of silvervines is raising every week, so it will reach a level where the economy is gonna change to the standard bot supplied strawberry + aloe leaflet.

#57 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

At very least they should be removed from silvervine merchant.

Then only people that spend real life money can buy them. You're not thinking this through. Less people buying silvervine, less whales buying KP, less money for WP.

#58 satoshixsin

satoshixsin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:52 AM

The admin wont touch the price of silvervine just because of one woe potion. The most they can do is increase woe box silvervine per box to make it more expensive. The best way would be reducing the amount it heals. It should only be slight better than white potions but not huge amount.
This potion is just broken.

#59 tings

tings

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

Indeed, it is more usefully for certain classes, but isnt their fault. Every class could use, and every class needs health and mana. If your class cant mob, dont blame the other one that cans. Every class do their jobs.

The newer players doesnt need to spent 1m zeny buying 100 potions. The silvervines can be bought through cash shop, but they are also bought through zeny. If a newer player has difficulty to farm because he do not have potions, he could just pay 130k for it or even farm it through mini bosses.

The silvervine 100 grants 16 boxes (800 white and 320 blue) and they are so usefully to newer players that do not have enough zeny to buy potions.

800 white potions costs around 7.2m, i do not think this quantity could be spent at potions for newer players that wants to farm gears.

Well, thats >MY< opinion, you do not need to agreed, but try to understand my point of viewer.

Edited by tings, 01 August 2017 - 02:18 AM.

#60 Paragon

Paragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:28 AM

I don't like that it's created an awkward meta and changed the way people play their characters.

I'd like to see a new server without WoE Pots and Snake Head Hats.

fONYTPL.jpg

#61 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

Indeed, it is more usefully for certain classes, but isnt their fault. Every class could use, and every class needs health and mana. If your class cant mob, dont blame the other one that cans. Every class do their jobs.

The newer players doesnt need to spent 1m zeny buying 100 potions. The silvervines can be bought through cash shop, but they are also bought through zeny. If a newer player has difficulty to farm because he do not have potions, he could just pay 130k for it or even farm it through mini bosses.

The silvervine 100 grants 16 boxes (800 white and 320 blue) and they are so usefully to newer players that do not have enough zeny to buy potions.

800 white potions costs around 7.2m, i do not think this quantity could be spent at potions for newer players that wants to farm gears.

Well, thats >MY< opinion, you do not need to agreed, but try to understand my point of viewer.

A newer farming players can use cheaper vendor pots or meat or fish or whatever else, that would also help newer merchant players that struggle to sell those items. This creates a healthy economy and a zeny sink.

Right now there is NO zeny sink on pots: players either buy WoE pots with KP or silvervine (that come from KP or quests). Hyperinflation is the result (bots add to this as well).

#62 Paragon

Paragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:46 AM

Why does everyone keep using 'new players' as an excuse for these WoE Pots.

New players shouldn't have these potions....

I didn't even know about these potions until I was at least level 50.

#63 tings

tings

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

New players shouldn't have these potions....

I didn't even know about these potions until I was at least level 50.

Isnt a excuse.

When you start at a new server you do not look for information? Well.. I do.

#64 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:04 AM

The good news for who dislike that potions is that the price of silvervines is raising every week, so it will reach a level where the economy is gonna change to the standard bot supplied strawberry + aloe leaflet.

thats nowhere near good news...

#65 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

Because they dont really care about those 'new players' or server and just want to protect their status quo.

#66 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:19 AM

Other than that be thankful there aren't crazy p2w items on the cash shop.

This. iRO is the only revo classic server without crazy OP gears coming out of RNG Eggs. Even though those potions aren't really THAT balanced it's still pretty good that this is our most unbalanced item.

#67 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

Because you can mail pots to yourself that way as well.

You can't mail the WoE boxes ^^

#68 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:26 AM

Well Mr. Shark,

Its not that we don't care what users think but we have to consider them in terms of goals set for the game itself. Disabling WoE supply boxes and Kafra cards inside WoE castles (But allowed on the realm) makes sense as you aren't supposed to have unlimited supply access in an active pvp map. Removing them from the game is not something were willing to do as we need some revenue and potions are one of the least damaging sources of cash shop revenue versus say, Gatcha Boxes.

i understand that and i completely agree Mr. Camp that it is a needed item in terms of revenue for WP. the thing is that it still kills the zenny sink of the game.

Perhaps the best way to look at this is with another way of doing things. either add an NPC that sells other things that are usefull, best i can think so is something that makes raffles and prices are silvervines, sloted basic gear, etc. (something like an upgraded diamond rafle npc from comodo).

or the plan B would be to take the aproach in wich you nerf the price of those boxes in a way that you only afect the ones in the silvervine system (for example make them cost 6 sylvervine and 20white herbs +/or 10 blue herbs). somehow i belive that way the supply will limit how much of them can be adquired via zenny and thus make it neaer on par with buying whites from the NPC, without affecting how much you sell via KP sales (perhaps increase them since the alternative just became more expensive).

eitherway without any change, this server is on fast track to the point where 100kp = 1m either the players want it or not due to no money sink until then.

#69 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

Wont lie, while woe potions do kill npc potions as a zeny sink, they allow me to go to places that would otherwise cost more in healing items than the worth of the junk I would bring back, unless I farmed wolfs and byalan dungeon until I'm lv90.

Probably because I'm playing a bsmith though, tbh I'm probably gonna put him on the backburner and make a hunter which ain't gonna chug potions nearly as much simply because ranged means not getting hit.

All in all woe potions are too good and kill whites as a zeny sink, but their cheapness means everyone can take advantage of them equally and chievo boxes, novice potions and job 50 job change bonuses ensures that anyone can afford them.

In this sense, are they really that bad for general content?

#70 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:35 AM

Well Mr. Shark,

Its not that we don't care what users think but we have to consider them in terms of goals set for the game itself. Disabling WoE supply boxes and Kafra cards inside WoE castles (But allowed on the realm) makes sense as you aren't supposed to have unlimited supply access in an active pvp map. Removing them from the game is not something were willing to do as we need some revenue and potions are one of the least damaging sources of cash shop revenue versus say, Gatcha Boxes.

You sell VIP and Manuals 400C each box. So there is absolutely no use to destroy classes and gamemechanis for a sh.it of 5c woe supplys. Sorry but what you say is absolutely not true. think 1 minute about it but please tell people who know this game 10-15 years not such a weird story. Remove this boxxes or change mechanics so they dont destroy complete classes, partygame, woe and mechanics.

you say it would not be so bad. i cant believe thats what you are thinking. maybe its "official talk". nothing more.  if you cant see whats happening you are blind or just have no clue about this game. you kill priests, bards, alchemists, and say its not that bad? you kill nearly complete partyplay, tt/bio3partys later, and so on. and you say its no problem? you make a mmo to a potsmashing stupid bowling bash(or insert any skill here) one button hacknslay and say its not that big problem? something is damn wrong here. if you really think like this its time to leave. 1000 ways exist to make revenue and you tell us its needed to sell fking 5C WoE Supplys which you can get by killing ONE SINGLE MONSTER though quest? roflmao. thats what you call a revenue? 5 Cents?!?!

If you would not sell the woe supplys people would need many more manuals before they are 99.

What you say is ecenomically 100% nonsens. so if this doesnt get changed quick this server is over.

let people make bards, alchemists and FS Priest as its intended. whatever you do with your cashshop - we will use it and buy it. but always offer stuff in cashshop which offers additional benefits. please do not replace classes or items with snake hats or woe supplys. you already offer extra XP or better dropchance. this is also sh.it but we can accept this but we cant accept opcashshopshi.t.

also snakehat should be available only temporary. please remove it, so sidewindercard has at least any value. make special offers limited in time. one week snake hat one week woe supply one week anything else, but dont give unlimited access to these items.

only happy customers will pay for a long time. start listening to them or die like other servers did before.

So for me the situation is clear. If nothing doesnt change next maintenance im gone. No more revenue from my side then. Im sure many people will follow cause so many people are complaining about the Supplys...

Gl with your revenue then.

Edited by roflcopter123456, 01 August 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#71 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

WoE pots don't replace alchemists. lol. People will still be buying slims.

#72 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

keep the tears coming i love to swim in them, the boxs are only a cheap way to help EVERY class level, knights have been solo BBing ever sense the skill came out way back, and do not get me started on the people in woe carrying 1000+ slim whites. this box changes nothing, even if the box is removed or changed, guess what it changes nothing.

tumblr_o70zlbZ2S71upb1vpo1_500.jpg

Edited by VModCinnamon, 01 August 2017 - 08:24 AM.
Edited font style, red/bold is reserved for moderation, please use other colors for normal posting. Thank you.

#73 MCMilly

MCMilly

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

anything roflcopter posted

Exactly how are priests and bards useless because of potions? I didn't know potions made you able to get buffs and remove delay from your skills, increase your max HP, increase your attack speed.  Apparently partying is dead but aldebaran and Geffen high orcs have at least 5 parties each at any given point in the day, which is usually at least 8 people per party.

If nothing doesnt change next maintenance im gone.

Alright, bye then.  The very fact you made a rant about bards being useless because of pots means you just don't get the game anyway.  Alchemist I can sort of see your point, but ranked potions heal more, so ideally people would use them (especially since lots of people are now getting white herbs and blue herbs) and Priests have 2 healing skills and all of their other skills are buff and debuff skills, so they are useful beyond healing every now and then.

The only point that I agree with in this thread is that there's no big zeny sink at the moment, so not much money is leaving the server.  But eventually, once cash points become more expensive, people will buy less potions and resort to NPC potions (or using their own money) and then it'll sort of reset again.  It would be nice to see something added that gives us reason to spend zeny to NPCs instead of just trading it between each other.

Edited by MCMilly, 01 August 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#74 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:52 AM

only happy customers will pay for a long time. start listening to them or die like other servers did before.
So for me the situation is clear. If nothing doesnt change next maintenance im gone. No more revenue from my side then. Im sure many people will follow cause so many people are complaining about the Supplys...
Gl with your revenue then.

They remove the box and that will also create unhappy customers. Unhappy customers leave the game which results in company revenue loss. They will as well lose revenues from selling the box which is undisputedly the best selling item.

Not everyone wants to duel client. I for one don't want to have a priest slave. Honestly they should have buff scrolls in cash shop seeing how priest is already irrelevant due to duel clients.

Pm me here when you decide to leave the game. I would love to be the person to receive your in game items.

Edited by DoentMatter2U, 01 August 2017 - 05:54 AM.

#75 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Priest healing isn't enough to sustain a group now anyway. With the renewal formula it's nigh impossible to rely solely on priest healing. It supplements the pots as you'll see in any party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users