• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

Nah, its not.

I can tell you the places he went so you can test it yourself:

He went to Magma dungeon, he's 85 knight

Was doing minimum 4.5M exp/hour and 1M zenny/hour.

He was using Bubble Gum and Battle Manual. He's also VIP

Now go test yourself, bye.

I don't need to test myself because that's bull-_-. I'm making 12m exp per hour and 700k zeny per hour leveling fairly casually.

I don't see how he could be getting that little amount of exp, yet he's making more zeny than I am, even though I'm getting like 3x the exp. Sounds like fake news to me.

#102 LastPlaceLarey

LastPlaceLarey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

I remember back in the day after transes were released but before renewal people were able to get huge amounts of zeny from doing thinks like farming antelope horns or greading orc dungeon 2.  So much zeny that is caused horrible inflation on the market.  People then used that money to buy unlimited white pots from the npcs.  

I don't really see how this is any different or any worse.  If anything it isn't as bad because this is causing less horrible inflation on the economy.  

Edited by LastPlaceLarey, 01 August 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#103 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

I remember back in the day after transes were released but before renewal people were able to get huge amounts of zeny from doing thinks like farming antelope horns or greading orc dungeon 2.  So much zeny that is caused horrible inflation on the market.  People then used that money to buy unlimited white pots from the npcs.  

I don't really see how this is any different or any worse.  If anything it isn't as bad because this is causing less horrible inflation on the economy.  

Greeding caused inflation but antelope horns were player to player and didn't add zeny to the economy? 

Fat whites from npc is good because that takes zeny out of the economy. So in theory woe whites are going to cause inflation. 

Edited by Xellie, 01 August 2017 - 10:33 AM.

#104 LastPlaceLarey

LastPlaceLarey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

Greeding caused inflation but antelope horns were player to player and didn't add zeny to the economy? 

Fat whites from npc is good because that takes zeny out of the economy. So in theory woe whites are going to cause inflation. 

Fair point, the antelope horns didn't cause inflation.  Just mentioned both together since I remember them happening at the same time, and using either method you were able to easily get nearly limitless amounts of white pots from the npc.  I don't really see how this is any worse.

#105 dididanger

dididanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/bangrj
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Transex

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

+1

#106 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Fair point, the antelope horns didn't cause inflation.  Just mentioned both together since I remember them happening at the same time, and using either method you were able to easily get nearly limitless amounts of white pots from the npc.  I don't really see how this is any worse.

You dont get WoE pots for zeny, at most zeny just change hands when you buy silvervine. This is the main difference. The second one: WoE pots are WAY cheaper (in case of silvervine again) than NPC pots so some players just chug them without care and without needing any support and still profit.

#107 taesijr123

taesijr123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

They need weight
*I find it awkward they didn't add weight to the boxes when its clearly viciously very useful in any scenario*

As a knight lmao...

Meet an MVP running out of Pots? Open a box till 89% weight! who cares about SP! LETS KILL IT

Fighting 10 mobs? got 11k hp? Chug them pots...

Bowl em bash em = Ez zennies

Oh im out of potions! *Open a box!*

Technically right now the best class and overpowered ones are the knight that uses those potions...

*They can literally kill any mvp with the right gear...* and chug em like a fountain...

a rare drop or two..

(*They can buy unlimited supply of those potions to no end and the cycle continues*)

This doesn't feel classical at all...
Priest before used to be loved in any scenario

"Priests feels worthless except from going to anubis and turning undead them..."
As well as being a *BUFF BOT* by opening another client and just buffing your character... :D

Who needs priest again? *open a box!*

As for the rest of the classes they can do the same...

"you can build hunter as arrow-shower build" not as strong as a knight why even bother?

"Wizards? Feh guys like these just stuck in animation getting your booties crushed..."
"Assasins Okay? i feel sorry for these guys that can't for the love of them Mob more than 8-10 due to flee penalty unless they vit build..." Kukukuku

Overall they broke the knight class by having this potion without weights~ just saying...

"Oh blacksmiths? they can do the same as knight but not as powerful..."

Edited by taesijr123, 01 August 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#108 Arctism

Arctism

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

They remove the box and that will also create unhappy customers. Unhappy customers leave the game which results in company revenue loss. They will as well lose revenues from selling the box which is undisputedly the best selling item.

Not everyone wants to duel client. I for one don't want to have a priest slave. Honestly they should have buff scrolls in cash shop seeing how priest is already irrelevant due to duel clients.

Pm me here when you decide to leave the game. I would love to be the person to receive your in game items.

Savage.

#109 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

The forums ate my reply. 

basically people buying whites from the npc combats inflation, whereas woe whites increase inflation due to less of a zeny sink. 

Also it's worth considering that recovery items are a large part of a new server's economy. Having reasons to pass zeny from player to player, this is particularly true of SP items. Infinite SP items never were part of the game and it really helps certain classes excel over others, more than they usually would.

I said something about priests being less useful too. I love priests but pots are better. 

Edited by Xellie, 01 August 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#110 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

You know what else having to buy NPC whites would do? Reduce the player base.

The player base has changed over the years hence why this version of RO is so popular. Having to level in inefficient maps due to not being able to afford supplies is a quick way to upset what we have here. There is other ways to deal with the economy without neutering players. 

If you really wanted to remove WoE supply boxes you'd have to, revert to a classic exp table, reduce skill and magic damage to classic formulas, return Heal to it's classic formula.

Your ideas would be better suited for the new Frigg server.

#111 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

The player base has changed over the years hence why this version of RO is so popular. Having to level in inefficient maps due to not being able to afford supplies is a quick way to upset what we have here. There is other ways to deal with the economy without neutering players.

If you really wanted to remove WoE supply boxes you'd have to, revert to a classic exp table, reduce skill and magic damage to classic formulas, return Heal to it's classic formula.

Isnt that what becoming rich was for? I mean we spend to get better gears, more supplies in order to pull this kind of stunts. Right now there is no real reason to upgrade gear, besides elemental armors & woe gear, since a non zenny source fullfill that job. But that is another story.

As someone said, we arent supposed to go from 0-> best in slot since the begining, its healthy to upgrade slowly,

#112 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

You just talking. blablablabla. Player base has changed blablabla.  Some whining nubs are not the player base. Also the rest you say is blablabla. You have to do a -_-. Just remove WoE Supply and you are done. You are just lazy and want them because you think you fail without. Just dont lie and tell the truth. "ye its easy so its good for me. lets fake some arguments".

#113 6332130511074022587

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

WOE supplies are fine the way it is. PERIOD. No changes needed, only the other players jealous behaviour needed change. 

#114 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Wow strong arguments. Impressing. They are fine. Well when YOU say its fine. It must be true!

All other arguments from alle the players are bullsh.it then. at least its easy to lvl for you and you feel comfortable. selfish :/

Edited by roflcopter123456, 01 August 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#115 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Isnt that what becoming rich was for? I mean we spend to get better gears, more supplies in order to pull this kind of stunts. Right now there is no real reason to upgrade gear, besides elemental armors & woe gear, since a non zenny source fullfill that job. But that is another story.

As someone said, we arent supposed to go from 0-> best in slot since the begining, its healthy to upgrade slowly,

You don't just go from 0-> best in slot with the WoE pots either. There is still efficiency and yes even cost. 

Sure, you might be able to go to Magma 2 at level 75, but if you're going through 10 WoE boxes in 5mins it's not very efficient is it? I still do places like Sphinx 5 and Magma -1-  to save money. WoE supply boxes, greed scrolls, res tokens all add up. 

I'm not sure why you're so against people having fun. Clearly what they have now is working. The player base is STILL growing. Surely if it was such a concern to people there would be a much larger outcry other than a few people on the forums, hrm?

#116 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Because potslashing and onebuttonhitting is no fun compared to organized partygaming? Its getting boring fast. I play Knight. It sucks. no challenge. Less motivation.

#117 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

You don't just go from 0-> best in slot with the WoE pots either. There is still efficiency and yes even cost. 

Sure, you might be able to go to Magma 2 at level 75, but if you're going through 10 WoE boxes in 5mins it's not very efficient is it? I still do places like Sphinx 5 and Magma -1-  to save money. WoE supply boxes, greed scrolls, res tokens all add up. 

I'm not sure why you're so against people having fun. Clearly what they have now is working. The player base is STILL growing. Surely if it was such a concern to people there would be a much larger outcry other than a few people on the forums, hrm?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

if you think woe pots break the game

78ee863106b219ec318130dcac387da81d9a40f2

#118 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

now dont get me wrong, the fact that i am against them for what they cost doesnt mean i am not using them. i admit it, i use them i spam them and i mob like crazy with NPC gear.

the thing i am against it is that there is no reason to spend zenny on npc items. i am against that zenny is just acumulating and growing while there is no constant output. becouse seriously, no one will npc theyr zenny unless the fat whites are at the same price of the woe box, and even then i have my doubts due to blue (100kp=1m ).

that or they make upgrading events, but i guess most people from chaos can tell you how that worked out

Edited by Wolfen, 01 August 2017 - 01:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users