Where is your favorite levling map? - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where is your favorite levling map?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hello Everyone! 

So tell us, where do you love the most to level? What environment gives you the kick to keep leveling? 

My personal leveling spot must be Zant, I absolutely love the bees, the woopies, the town. Zant also has the only music which I can listen to over and over and over annnndd OVER again!

Will be fun to hear yours!  :p_hi:

~ Buffiies

Edited by Buffiies, 01 August 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#2 MeneseJ

MeneseJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Kenji beach   :p_love:

#3 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

Hmmmm,

I would have to go with....Oblivion temple ?!?!?
Although the new orlo map looks great!

#4 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

Current - Zant/Kenji. Zant for the reasons Buffies mentions, it brings back fond memories of when I started in iRose 12 years ago. It saddens me that it's a ghost town now. I miss it being shop heavy with tons of characters in town. Kenji because I like the mobs and the map itself.

Days gone by - Gorge of Silence. With the experience rates in iRose I must have spent a month or two in that map. You didn't even consider red mobs let alone purple ones back then. Big parties of people chasing down Worm Dragons. I really loved that map a lot.

Despised - I have always hated Eldeon and Mt. Eruca. The maze layout of the maps is frustrating and annoying, the mobs aren't all that interesting either, but the maze annoys me to this day. I spent as little time as I could this time around there, moving on to Orlo the second I hit 180 and just chased down purple mobs since. To be honest I don't love Orlo either, the mobs are either very aggressive (yes I realize the level difference matters), or too spread out, or both depending on the map in question.

To be quite honest I think the quality of the maps has declined since Junon was created, quite significantly. This isn't a shot at the devs, it's a lot of things combined, but nothing past Junon is as well thought out or as enjoyable in my opinion. Add to that the fact that most of the maps before Luna are easily surpassed in a week of casual playing and the first few maps can be jumped in an hour :(

Edited by calder12, 01 August 2017 - 01:04 PM.

#5 MrsJolly

MrsJolly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

Hmmm, this should be a pretty simple question, but when I got thinking about it I realised that I am not sure I actually have a favourite leveling map. As a massive Rose saddo (I spent the downtime last week looking through ancient screen shots) I love pretty well all the maps for their different qualities and leveling is just a by product of exploring them. If you had asked this question ten years ago, no doubt I would have said Goblin caves (immense farming with loads of skill books dropping from ghosts and for a while cart schematics/castle gear mats etc) really fun parties, and possibly the best music in the whole game. Now of course, many maps have been added but also many old friends have left so partying is not much of a thing for me these days :( I've always loved the Forest of Wisdom because it's so, so pretty and the Gorge of Silence because it's just interesting with all it's little alley ways and lanes.(many many fun times there fighting in the north west corner by the worm dragon cave.)  I loved Mount Eruca in the past but these days it is almost redundant as by the time we can go to Luna we are already more or less too high to fight there :( Forgotten Temple was always loads of fun too, great exploring/getting totally lost and omg the insane shaman <3 and of course absolutely everybody loves the Mana Snowfields (well those artillery penguins are just the best fun aren't they?!) I could go on all night, so, I conclude, I just love this game and I think each map has it's own special quality, which is maybe why it takes me so damn long to level, but hey, what's the hurry :)

#6 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

I agree MrsJolly, I actually think leveling should have been left out, I know I didn't really answer with any regard to that lol.

I loved and hated the Forgotten Temple in iRose. There were always high levels there just sniping noobs, and I've always been the type of player that pushes to higher level maps the second I can survive them!

#7 MrsJolly

MrsJolly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

I have to agree with you Calder, about Orlo. I always hated the place. Utterly boring landscape (but yes, outside Muris is significantly improved since the remodelling) mobs far too aggressive (in particular since friends left, too much like hard work with my weak old mage) and mobs too spaced out, especially for my poor old, not so quick on their feet characters, only really any good for those with distance attacks such as scout/battle cleric/bourgs. I do like the new map though, I can usually find a nice out of the way corner to level in. I don't agree about Junon having the best maps. Personally I have always liked all the maps on Eldeon and there was a time for a few years I felt like I was the only person on Luna but I loved the place :) Still haven't quite got over my sadness about Adventurer Plains being remodelled ... it used to be much more interesting :(

#8 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

As I said, my issue with Eldeon is the maze quality most of the maps have. Yeah, you remember eventually how to get through them, but they're frustrating in the beginning, and I find running that distance (even with a mount) boring. I like how most of the Junon maps have multiple ways to get to every place on them, rarely do you find yourself in a dead end and having to run all the way back in another direction. Orlo doesn't have that, neither does Luna with the exception of Eruca.

I actually always really liked Luna too, I like the mobs and the landscape.

I always hated the new AP and even more so the removal of Birth Island. There was something about both that really bothered me, probably for nostalgia reasons.

But at the end of the day we all are going to have different favourites for different reasons, and that's cool :)

PS. While we're on the topic of things I hate (lol). The quest dialogs SUCK. Seriously, especially at Mildun I am always swinging the camera around to be able to read them. Put a bloody overlay under them and in front of the game for the love of all that is holy! I could have sworn they used to be on a black background no? When they first went to the full screen ones.

Edited by calder12, 01 August 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#9 MrsJolly

MrsJolly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

Ugh 100% agree about the quest dialogues ... as you say Mildun is a massive pain in the rear. I don't even remember if it was different in the past. I think the nostalgia thing is a problem for a few of us. I like change. Real life changes, but of course, we all like happy memories too :) I actually like the maze type maps. Yes frustrating at times ... I bet if I went to Eruca now I would be lost in no time :D Got some lovely screenies of the place though ... kind of worth the struggle of getting to the very top of the map since it's so pretty :)

#10 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

Canyon city of Zant, purely because of the nostalgia and the (imo) best music track in the whole ROSE universe (although I must admit the old Junon sound track  was beautiful as well, and the old Adventure plains sound track was top notch too). Like others have said before, the nostalgia of it being packed with shops, parties outside the gates and for being a muse that actually had to run away of my ass getting Whooped. And Breezy Hills, especially the island with the baby dolphins with the waterfall in the background. Breezy Hills was the place where I met a person with the unique Zamadar, first time seeing a unique weapon and have been in love with the Zamadar ever since.

Speaking of sound tracks, loggin' in to ROSE at the login gate and hearing the music was the best experience I had as a teenager new to the MMORPG world, later to find out the servers were full.

Edited by Phreshes, 02 August 2017 - 12:11 AM.

#11 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

Zamadar easily my favourite unique in the game. I was given one by a friend in iRose, used them for quite some time, even though I was a soldier lol. Thankfully she gave me a full G7 set so I could actually use the Zams without screwing up my stats :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users