Event WoE August 10th 2017 - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event WoE August 10th 2017

136 replies to this topic

#26 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

they're so cheap everyone can afford large amounts of them, and would make sieges so fkn boring with everyone spamming whites

people will spam pots in woe regardless, this isn't 1995

disabling will just hurt small/poor/new guilds

on the other hand it creates a good zeny sink to have them disabled

Edited by senpa1, 02 August 2017 - 12:54 PM.

#27 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

What Deluge does to Emperiums is pretty simple to understand, but weird that it happens.

What it actually does is exactly what deluge is supposed to do: Increase Max HP by 5-15%. But the way it does this is it increases the HP of Emperiums base HP (100 HP), not the HP it is given by castle econ/def.

So say you use Deluge 1, the Emperium's max HP is now 105 instead of whatever the value is supposed to be when castle econ/def affects it.

This kind of bug would affect anything that has it's HP increased above the default HP for the monster in the database. That's why new monsters that can spawn at various HP values always have their HP lower than their max value (Faceworm Queen and Celine Kimi for example). I would assume if kRO increased the base value of Emps HP to the same value as 100/100 econ castles, and then recoded econ/def to lower the HP (in similar fashion to how FQL and CK works), the bug would no longer exist. But if there is anything a renewal player knows, it's that kRO doesn't do anything for WoE.

Edited by Toxn, 02 August 2017 - 01:06 PM.

#28 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

You mean to say after X number of years and new servers they haven't figured out how to fix that? Deluge actually has a legit use in pretrans :(

Welcome to renewal my love Xellie, every fix in renewal mean disable for years and never get a real fix.

Autoattack was never enabled in woe.

There are some ways, at least i know 2 work perfectly in renewal.

In regards to Deluge, now would be the perfect time to test and report the issue to the studio to force a fix. So were going to remove that restriction and have a few GM sages on hand to test that waterball report.

So, every time someone ask you for a fix in renewal forums was only "blah blah blah" as ever for years?

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Welcome to renewal my love Xellie, every fix in renewal mean disable for years and never get a real fix.

There are some ways, at least i know 2 work perfectly in renewal.

So, every time someone ask you for a fix in renewal forums was only "blah blah blah" as ever for years?

We send the bug reports, but we never get feedback. Even when we ask for a status update. For all I know it was fixed in an update that is in the past. But if the bug persists now is the perfect time to force them to go through and fix several issues that have stuck around.

#30 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

That really sucks. Is iRO the only iteration that pushes to change the game for the better?

#31 znoikavs

znoikavs

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

What about the WoE Time? For Players from europe it will be in the Night 2 am to 4 am (UTC +2). Wich Time will be sceduled, when woe will be released?

Is it Planet to open Europe Time server?

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

What about the WoE Time? For Players from europe it will be in the Night 2 am to 4 am (UTC +2). Wich Time will be sceduled, when woe will be released?

Is it Planet to open Europe Time server?

The time for the test was based on staff availability to monitor. The final time is based on server demographics.

#33 znoikavs

znoikavs

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

Is the Final time already known? I can not find this Info.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Is the Final time already known? I can not find this Info.

They said it's yet to be determined.

It'll probably be bad for me and my guild tho so I'm not really putting in any effort into WoE

#35 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

• Expect Lag 
  • There will be a participation prize for users that attend

• Expect Lag,  Expect, LAG.

whats the participation prize? if it is something worthless just

e618cdd2e83bd6bf0d28c1e61ff9c446--funny-

Edited by ShekelShark, 02 August 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#36 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Deluge not blocked? Rise of the Waterball Wizards!

No seriously, waterball will destroy everyone! XD

Edit: nvm sages arent out yet

Edited by mlmf, 02 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#37 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

That's truly a dumb reason if that's why deluge has been disabled since ever, but then getting kro to fix things like this seems to be like pulling teeth.

It's a great spell in pve and pvp- provided you have a deluge sage so it can be used on more than just stings.

#38 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

Please remove 50% skill damage pls! This only existed because trans and 3rd jobs have powerfull skills, but killing anyone with classic 2-1 jobs will be impossible with non spammable skills. Only the knight will stand a chance with their bash and bowling bash frenzy.

#39 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

you don't woe alone.

the reductions are fine.

#40 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

Please remove 50% skill damage pls! This only existed because trans and 3rd jobs have powerfull skills, but killing anyone with classic 2-1 jobs will be impossible with non spammable skills. Only the knight will stand a chance with their bash and bowling bash frenzy.

2-1 / 2-2 woe : whoever brings more pots wins. Everyone is equipped with auto pot

3-1 woe : whoever one shots faster wins. Auto pot is irrelevant 

Pick your destiny 

#41 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

you don't woe alone.

the reductions are fine.

Does venom dust effect allies? If my assassins cant kill maybe i can go poison support. Still hoping 90+str + infiltrator can consistently take down a few classes.

Also is flee reduced? No mention from the OP.

Edited by mlmf, 02 August 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#42 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

Does this mean that backslide is allowed..?

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

It doesnt, and poison status is useless against players.

And flee should have a 20% reduction.

#44 JoaquinPonce

JoaquinPonce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

sages are not implemented so why you block deluge and hocus pocus?

#45 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:58 AM

The time for the test was based on staff availability to monitor. The final time is based on server demographics.

But the day will be Thursday?

I have an international group of Ragnarok REstart on Facebook and I will share with you the data about the countries of origin of the members. Of course this is my group's estimate and not the whole server but you guys  get an idea. 

Brazil            376

Philippines    176

Thailand        93

United States 67

Indonesia       65

Malaysia         51

Canada           27

India                26

Chile               16

Mexico            13

We currently have 1,094 members

Why not take a poll with the community?

Edited by GenkakuBR, 03 August 2017 - 04:01 AM.

#46 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

cause -_- doesn't work that way and 90% of the time the community are self-serving idiots. ever heard the phrase "a camel is a horse designed by a committee"? that's why polling is stupid

people will spam pots in woe regardless, this isn't 1995

disabling will just hurt small/poor/new guilds

on the other hand it creates a good zeny sink to have them disabled

ragnarok wasn't around in 1995 so ????? no idea what you're even trying to say

disabling will just hurt small / poor / new guilds? ummm. so, you think cheap whites & blues will give them a fighting chance? is that your entire argument? i'm glad you're so concerned about smaller & poorer guilds, but cheap pots won't win them castles

also, if they're poor, why are you assuming they have the KP for woe boxes? how will spamming whites when they're a smaller guild help them beat teams with higher numbers + higher level players?

did you even think before posting that? you're the leader of p2w or something right lmao

man, the OG teams would wipe the floor with you muppets if they were still around

#47 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

Why not take a poll with the community?

Simply because there's no way to satisfy everyone and polling it would just be super counter productive and would cause tremendous amounts of drama between nationalities. There are some stuff that requires a firm decision.

Also, the fb group you just mentioned is advertised only on Brazilian communities and even started as a Brazilian community hence the multiple Portuguese posts there everyday. You can't use that as a parameter.

#48 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

cause -_- doesn't work that way and 90% of the time the community are self-serving idiots. ever heard the phrase "a camel is a horse designed by a committee"? that's why polling is stupid

ragnarok wasn't around in 1995 so ????? no idea what you're even trying to say

disabling will just hurt small / poor / new guilds? ummm. so, you think cheap whites & blues will give them a fighting chance? is that your entire argument? i'm glad you're so concerned about smaller & poorer guilds, but cheap pots won't win them castles

also, if they're poor, why are you assuming they have the KP for woe boxes? how will spamming whites when they're a smaller guild help them beat teams with higher numbers + higher level players?

did you even think before posting that? you're the leader of p2w or something right lmao

man, the OG teams would wipe the floor with you muppets if they were still around

Cheap Potions make WoE more accessible to small/poor guilds, bigger guilds will indeed have potions regardless of what's the server's configuration.

Without these boxes, white potions would cost 912z each (Discount 10) and blue potions would be even more expensive.

However, since we have those boxes and specially because we got silvervine boxes, you can pay 100k for a 100-Silvervine Box and exchange it for 16 potion boxes (800 WoE White Potions & 400 Blue Pots). With that said, you basically paid 125z to each white potion.

If we didn't have those, to get 800 pots you'd have to spend 729k. The big guilds would have that money to spend weekly but would the smaller guilds have it? I doubt so.

And get over with the nostalgia, the "OG Teams" won't ever play again.

Edited by Tanzanito, 03 August 2017 - 04:41 AM.

#49 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:48 AM

Simply because there's no way to satisfy everyone and polling it would just be super counter productive and would cause tremendous amounts of drama between nationalities. There are some stuff that requires a firm decision.

Also, the fb group you just mentioned is advertised only on Brazilian communities and even started as a Brazilian community hence the multiple Portuguese posts there everyday. You can't use that as a parameter.

WTF?

The group started being posted here in the forum and youtube. And it never started being a Brazilian community.

We have post on many languages (Primarily English)no just in portuguese.

The reality is that Brazilians, Filipinos and Thais are majority on the server, just enter any group at any level to prove it.

My point is: Voting would be a way for administrators to take the will the community's opinion just that.

This schedule especially was horrible for those who play in Europe too.
Even not being the definitive and just a test.

It was my opinion anyway

Edited by GenkakuBR, 03 August 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#50 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:52 AM

again, how are these smaller / poorer guilds (assuming they can even afford as many KP as the bigger guilds for woe boxes) going to have any more chance at taking a castle against any current powerhouses. the numbers, level disparities, and equipment will be much bigger deciding factors

the only reason i mentioned the OG teams is because even people ~13 years ago [when the game was young] knew more than you guys do after all this time. it's hilarious & frustrating listening to the nonsense you spout

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users