Event WoE August 10th 2017 - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event WoE August 10th 2017

136 replies to this topic

#51 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

again, how are these smaller / poorer guilds (assuming they can even afford as many KP as the bigger guilds for woe boxes) going to have any more chance at taking a castle against any current powerhouses. the numbers, level disparities, and equipment will be much bigger deciding factors

the only reason i mentioned the OG teams is because even people ~13 years ago [when the game was young] knew more than you guys do after all this time. it's hilarious & frustrating listening to the nonsense you spout

They won't. A small and new guild of 20 people would never be able to take down a 60-people established guild regardless of potions, buffs, nerfs or whatever you come up and I don't even think why you're thinking that way. I mean, small guilds need to realize that they're small and need to grow in order to fight against the bigger ones, but the bigger and old ones will ALWAYS have the advantage over it. Else, you could ally with some other small guilds and then take down a really big guild, that's what have been happening since the first RO WoE.

The thing about cheap WoE pots is that at least it'll make small guilds have the possibility to actually WoE. If they were expensive I doubt most of them would even bother to appear there because they wouldn't be willing to spend 700k on a single day, while 100k is much more accessible. With that said, they now have the chances of getting a castle because again, they're actually WoEing.

Regarding "OG Teams" it really seems you were just a meatshield back then if that's really your mentality. Even 13 years ago, big guilds were big and small guilds were small, this never changed. Big guilds could be formed by a merge of smaller guilds or after a big guild quits and their players spread between the small guilds but a 30 player guild was NEVER able to take down a 100 player one. And no, they didn't know more than actual guilds. Those guilds most of the times didn't even have a proper roster, and most of their player's builds were all screwed up. If somehow, someone managed to revive Wild-Blades with all their players from 2003, they'd still get rekt by a guild with the same numbers nowadays. But I won't continue on this matter, it's just clear that you're with your nostalgia glasses and I won't be the one to take it off so I'll let the server's WoE do that for you.

#52 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:41 AM

i really don't want to get dragged into a mess of pointing out everywhere you're wrong again, because if past instances have taught me anything it's that you're far too deluded to ever consider you might be wrong about anything

if anything, enabling woe potions will make it a requirement for any guild wishing to participate to spend money on them. i mean, you completely agreed with me that having access to the pots won't change anything, then you go on to say it will give them a chance to participate? what?

then, again, you agree with me about other factors being much bigger deciding factors than pots ever will, and proceed to assume i was  "just a meatshield" lmao. also, no one would care if wild blades were reformed, they were a bunch of -_-ters and you can ask anyone in WAVE or geffen if you want confirmation. we all used to laugh at how they even got into WAVE (then the truth about a GM giving them MVP cards came out lol)

stop trying to act like a big-shot. the only thing you're ever going to win is a darwin award

#53 HKHKHK

HKHKHK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:04 AM

We currently have 1,094 members

Why not take a poll with the community?

Because out of those 1, 094 members, maybe only 300 use the forum.

And maybe 90% of the 300 don't have common sense.

( •᷄ὤ•᷅)?

#54 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Why is Kafra Card scratched out? RODEX is still a larger pain to use and you can't mail WoE Pots from the boxes.

Edit: Also, dunno if it's the same FB group but the one that was being advertised on this forum at the beginning was labelled BR RE:Start so I never joined it.

Edited by Ambur, 03 August 2017 - 08:26 AM.

#55 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Can a GM confirm the WoE pots are still use-able? You just can't open the box when inside a castle?

& back slide isn't on the disabled skills list but it's disabled on the other restart servers. Wondering if that was an error, or changed here?

#56 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

maybe is the custom change of iRO that got carried to this.

#57 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

I am not sure if it has been fixed already, but, will wanderer card be disabled? (also antonio card, thought there is not one available i guess)

#58 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

make a pvp zone where unique (only usable in that zone) white pots are free from a vendor and see how long people bother PVPing in it

#59 rusher25

rusher25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

Before August 10, maybe the GMs should get rid of the bots in gef_fild13(Britoniah) first. That place is swarming with bots.

#60 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

They won't. A small and new guild of 20 people would never be able to take down a 60-people established guild regardless of potions, buffs, nerfs or whatever you come up and I don't even think why you're thinking that way. I mean, small guilds need to realize that they're small and need to grow in order to fight against the bigger ones, but the bigger and old ones will ALWAYS have the advantage over it. Else, you could ally with some other small guilds and then take down a really big guild, that's what have been happening since the first RO WoE.

The thing about cheap WoE pots is that at least it'll make small guilds have the possibility to actually WoE. If they were expensive I doubt most of them would even bother to appear there because they wouldn't be willing to spend 700k on a single day, while 100k is much more accessible. With that said, they now have the chances of getting a castle because again, they're actually WoEing.

Regarding "OG Teams" it really seems you were just a meatshield back then if that's really your mentality. Even 13 years ago, big guilds were big and small guilds were small, this never changed. Big guilds could be formed by a merge of smaller guilds or after a big guild quits and their players spread between the small guilds but a 30 player guild was NEVER able to take down a 100 player one. And no, they didn't know more than actual guilds. Those guilds most of the times didn't even have a proper roster, and most of their player's builds were all screwed up. If somehow, someone managed to revive Wild-Blades with all their players from 2003, they'd still get rekt by a guild with the same numbers nowadays. But I won't continue on this matter, it's just clear that you're with your nostalgia glasses and I won't be the one to take it off so I'll let the server's WoE do that for you.

You'd be surprised.

#61 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Server:iRO

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

Can you guys stabilize the server first before giving us a laggy and probably buggy woe that will only turn people off even more than many already have been? Especially considering we all know there will be issue with WoE even after the test woe which will only add to the already existing problems. I am for the test woe but I do hope you guys push back releasing the real WoE until you guys sort the current issues first.

#62 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

Can a GM confirm the WoE pots are still use-able? You just can't open the box when inside a castle?

& back slide isn't on the disabled skills list but it's disabled on the other restart servers. Wondering if that was an error, or changed here?

^ need answers please

#63 Aromat

Aromat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

how we can start with woe when the gm still got that damn Bot Problem? I play every day so much I can (only 2-3h/day :() )
and every noob who bot 24/7 with 10 accs got 30times more money with do nothing rofl..

Edited by Aromat, 04 August 2017 - 01:31 AM.

#64 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:15 AM

What's the participation prize?"

#65 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

I'm not sure if my guild will be attending, is anyone able to give me a space in their guild so I may attend? =) thanks

you guys are also getting so concerned over things that are silly, like the woe pots...first of all they are called woe whites/blues. you can buy them w/ silvervines/zeny and there are tons of sellers every day. They are very affordable for anyone who actually plays the game, as an hour of farming or less will give you enough zeny to get plenty of potions. Do you want to struggle to survive?

SIX Silvervines gets you a single box, or five kafra points. I don't think this is very pay to win, and there's no requirement to use them. if anything, it just makes SP items more accessible, since you can buy whites for nearly the same amount overall via NPC.  This is a good thing. Again. 6 silvervines, currently the prices are around 30k for 10. I can make far beyond that playing the game alone and even casually.  if you can't afford it, someone else can, and people are always buying things via cash shop to sell to help their own gains, that's often how MMOs work.

Either way, this is for a test, right? an event/threshold, not a serious woe. just to see how things work. Why get all bent up now when we haven't even gotten to woe yet? I think you guys are thinking too hard . let everything play out so we can even get an idea of what things are like first hand.

#66 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

why sight blaster is banned?

#67 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

people can use it in combo with other things to disconnect everyone on screen

#68 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

Make sure WoE Realms have its own map server.

#69 phamtrong

phamtrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:21 PM

NO FLEE REDUCTION?

#70 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:51 PM

NO FLEE REDUCTION?

^2

#71 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Make sure WoE Realms have its own map server.

I'm hoping for this soooo much. I can't even farm atm due to the lag. The server population seems to be growing and so it's the lag. The input delay is dangerous at higher levels. I'm not sure if i should continue playing atm or wait a month or 2 till the server settles down, this is sadly becoming very stressful :/ I never expected lag free ofcourse not, but this is bad atm.

Edited by hungrymuch, 06 August 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#72 eleeson

eleeson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

WoE: The Death of Ragnarok Online.

#73 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

NO FLEE REDUCTION?

oh no knights r going to have to put bash on their hot bar

#74 siamore

siamore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

so why on earth is Phen card blocket, even with the cast time mages have with their skills and now we wont even be able to use our skills since we cant even cast our skills.

#75 phamtrong

phamtrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

oh no knights r going to have to put bash on their hot bar

Sorry, but Bash is +50% Acurracy instead of HIT!

50dex K9 has about 340 hit,

But 90 agi Hunter will be more than 340 flee!

This means both normal attack and Bash will miss 100% (1.5x0=0).

I think flee reduction is needed!

Edited by phamtrong, 07 August 2017 - 10:00 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users