Banking, Offline Vending, AH, Gold Cap, ETC - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Banking, Offline Vending, AH, Gold Cap, ETC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

There are a few changes to Ragnarok that I believe would greatly improve everyone's experience. Here goes:

1. GOLD CAP- Limiting players to holding 2 Billion Zeny per character is ridiculous. Look around, we have +15 Eddga Hats, MVP cards and god items that are trading way above this price. It's very cumbersome to change characters and make multiple transactions just for the purchase/sale of one item. At minimum we should be able to carry 100 Billion Zeny on any given character. This could also open shops up to vend more expensive items instead of cluttering Eden F1 with excessive chatrooms selling items worth 1 billion+ Zeny. Next entries correspond. 
  2. BANKING- To solve the gold cap issue we should instead implement an account based banking system. Rather than having individual characters carrying certain amounts of Zeny why not have an account-wide balance linked to and accessed by all characters. Cap this at 1 Trillion Zeny.
  3. OFFLINE VENDING- This has been a personal issue for years and I know I'm not the only one. Ragnarok is in desperate need of an offline vending system, PERIOD. We shouldn't have to run our computers 24/7 just to vend some items on the game. I have so much stuff I'd love to vend but can't always keep my computer running and my client doesn't always stay connected. If offline shops were connected to the server then they could theoretically stay connected until next account logon or until maintenance. I've heard the arguments for and against this and I've got a solution to address the argument against it. See following entry:
  4. INCREASE VENDING CAP- With the addition of 3rd classes and all of these wonderful cart upgrades why not upgrade the vending skill as well. A short quest for Mechanic/Genetic to attain "Adept Vending" or something like this would be incredibly valuable to the community. We are able to hold 100 different items in our carts, yet can only vend 12 items at max level. I know some people that have 10+ accounts just for vending items. This is ridiculous and unnecessary. You could reduce the number of accounts needed to vend the same amount of items AND reduce bandwidth use by hosting the vending accounts on the server side. 
  5. AUCTION HOUSE- The 1st floor of Eden is a mess. Some days I find it difficult to click and navigate my character through this room due to the excessive chat rooms. These people are trying to sell any and all items worth 1 Billion+ Zeny. I'm really disappointed that Ragnarok has still, to this day, failed to launch a viable Auction House. Almost all of these suggestions go hand-in-hand. If gold cap is increased or account banking is implemented then we could have a successful auction house. This could be a safe place for people to bid on God Items and Components, MVP cards, High +++ Equipment, and more. This would eliminate the need of so many AFK chatrooms in Eden F1. 

I'd really like to see some traction on these issues. This game has been around for what, 15 years? Ragnarok is very unique in many aspects and I love it more than any other game I've ever played. That's probably why I'm still playing it to this day and have come back to it time and time again. With that being said, there are many things that need to be done to improve overall player experience and server health but I think the above suggestions are a great place to start.

UPVOTES ANYONE???

#2 ParkWonJae

ParkWonJae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

kRO already has the banking system and offline vending.

#3 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

kRO already has the banking system and offline vending.

Yes, but I don't play on the kRO server... I brought up the offline vending topic years ago. Not being able to vend offline is the #1 reason my storage is constantly at 600/600. Seems like it would be very easy to implement and should not have years of lag time behind other servers.

Edited by shawnja, 03 August 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#4 Freok

Freok

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

up

#5 johnroman19

johnroman19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:16 AM

up

#6 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Offline vending(OFFV)= Auction, Merc. Vending= MERCHANT class. Banking=Storage Slots=bag, Zeny or Gold cap must all be expounded by admin. System(AS).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users