12 replies to this topic

#1 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

Mages get a 15% enhance damage buff from mental focus (It's way too much, out of proportion)

When a mage is buffed, they can get up to 37% Enhanced Damage! ?!?!?!!?!?? and dealing magic damage aswell?! Basically, every class has more defense than magic defense.

So the basics of what I would do when I build a mage is...

Accessories: Ferrel guild ring[100 ap] or Nature Force[30int 10str], Hirea's tear[40int.60charm], Aura Earing[45ap.50crit] or Nature Force[30int 10str] ALL WITH RUNES.

Armour set: Luminous set. [head skill power] [chest anything ap related] [glove enhanced damage] [boot mspeed]

Weapon: Enhanced damage

back item: Doctor back arms or Shaman's cape

then for stats, i would go:

110str

51dex

425int

110con

250cha

105sen

then call it GG. Overpowered stat for AttackPower and debuff. It's even got a magic defense down ability that last 5seconds horray!! I will spam this ability because it has a 2.5second cooldown. Shread that magic defense away forever =DD!! because even if they do have harmful effect resistance, I can totally get 2 tries to refresh it's cooldown horray!!!!

Who needs con stats when a mages dodge down scales so well! =D ahaha <3 ahaha yay!! I totally built that charm for the scaling and critical defense!! Omg omg omg!!

Try to dodge me hawkers!!! I'll debuff that dodge woohoo!!

Try to tank me soldier!!! I'll debuff that mdef forever and ever!! :D

Try to kill me first dealer!!! HAHAHA you can't because I got this absorb ability. I'll kill you first!!!

-_- you get the point.

Absorb!!! Well. we can just laugh at that because of how much INT stat I have stacked, my mana pool is huge!

I don't actually have a mage.. but theoretically this class is given too much. they can build harmful resistance and mute resistance.. then along with good positioning, they would literally need to be outnumbered in order for them to die.

It's about time for a tweak. Make them less overpowered. =/

Edited by henrycao, 04 August 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#2 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

They are using 220 two piece and 240 two piece Luminous for a combined 40% skill power, one thing I wanted to point out to you. Regular Luminous set would net them 30% skill power. There's already so much more that needs attention, it's a far cry to ask for class balancing when there's already a bunch of different things they have their attention towards. Shamans cape definitely negates more damage than doctors backarm by about 30% when you have 10% pierce magical\def. Another big reason why they are so strong is because of the way pierce defense and m-def work, at a certain threshold stacking pierce outweighs sub stat by a large margin.. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

but, I'd hope for class balancing some day, but again, it's a far cry to be heard right now with the way things have been.

#3 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

full lumi give you 50% not 30...if u played the class you would understand that mages use lumi for the 10%mp consumption and recovery (does a lot for a mage)...sure the skill power is a nice bonus but magic dmg is on its own little playing field anyways.

im assuming this popped up because of the tourny? mages can be taken down easily but ofc you have to play smart, you cant let them keep their range and aoe/skill freely

#4 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:13 PM

whatever you're playing that benefits you the most you're going to defend, so i'm not going to bother.

artisans could use a nerf, but that's crazy talk

mage getting a nerf, but that's crazy talk

raiders getting a nerf, but that's crazy talk

doesn't even matter anyway, changes won't be made

#5 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

This is ten percent skill, twenty percent luck
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent speed, fifty percent passives

And a hundred percent reason to remember the game!

Edited by Cortiz, 05 August 2017 - 01:51 AM.

#6 noobazov

noobazov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

Like an half year ago , dp was mage less , now some ppl are starting to work hard on mages and rune it.

the fact that some mages are doing good (just some , i seen bad mages aswell) . doesnt mean the class is broken.

to me it looks like ur just raged about the tourney , mage are indeed a strong class , but to nerf them looks kinda extreme to me ,  the only thing that need a really nerf are the champ buffs/debuffs , which make one team superior big time over the other.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

This is ten percent skill, twenty percent luck
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent speed, fifty percent passives

And a hundred percent reason to remember the game!

I'm going to cut you if you do that again Cortiz, I swear to god xD 

#8 Elovin

Elovin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

Mages get a 15% enhance damage buff from mental focus (It's way too much, out of proportion)

When a mage is buffed, they can get up to 37% Enhanced Damage! ?!?!?!!?!?? and dealing magic damage aswell?! Basically, every class has more defense than magic defense.

So the basics of what I would do when I build a mage is...

Accessories: Ferrel guild ring[100 ap] or Nature Force[30int 10str], Hirea's tear[40int.60charm], Aura Earing[45ap.50crit] or Nature Force[30int 10str] ALL WITH RUNES.

Armour set: Luminous set. [head skill power] [chest anything ap related] [glove enhanced damage] [boot mspeed]

Weapon: Enhanced damage

back item: Doctor back arms or Shaman's cape

then for stats, i would go:

110str

51dex

425int

110con

250cha

105sen

then call it GG. Overpowered stat for AttackPower and debuff. It's even got a magic defense down ability that last 5seconds horray!! I will spam this ability because it has a 2.5second cooldown. Shread that magic defense away forever =DD!! because even if they do have harmful effect resistance, I can totally get 2 tries to refresh it's cooldown horray!!!!

Who needs con stats when a mages dodge down scales so well! =D ahaha <3 ahaha yay!! I totally built that charm for the scaling and critical defense!! Omg omg omg!!

Try to dodge me hawkers!!! I'll debuff that dodge woohoo!!

Try to tank me soldier!!! I'll debuff that mdef forever and ever!! :D

Try to kill me first dealer!!! HAHAHA you can't because I got this absorb ability. I'll kill you first!!!

-_- you get the point.

Absorb!!! Well. we can just laugh at that because of how much INT stat I have stacked, my mana pool is huge!

I don't actually have a mage.. but theoretically this class is given too much. they can build harmful resistance and mute resistance.. then along with good positioning, they would literally need to be outnumbered in order for them to die.

It's about time for a tweak. Make them less overpowered. =/

So my main char is a Mage, I play this char for two years now and i would not consider this class as op. You are mention optional skills mages can use but u forget that also mages have a certain amount of skill points to use.

you can actually play mage in many different ways, which i consider as quite cool.

To the Absorb. It got nerfed..we have a 6 seconds cooldown on it so we cant spam it anymore, easily u can "bug" it when u stun in the correct moment so the mage is down, same on mutes. (6 seconds are long when u consider how many people sometimes attack a mage at the same time, or when u consider the dots on it)

Mages usually dont have a high HP and with all the dots the shield also is down in seconds, so either u r lucky and can recast shield or its on cooldown and u know u are dead.

To the crit def, trust me the dot is hurting a lot and crits are still very painfull!

Mages do damage that is true since its magic damage, but usually mages are papercanons. Plus in wars or dp or elsewhere mage mostly is first target. Go on a mage with a few people or stun/mute her shield and the "problem" is solved.

Also mages need tons of accuracy or dodge down debuffs. Hawkers are hard to hit, so mages actually would do damage but cant cause they miss.

Arti is a skill timing. usually the one is down who first manages to sleep or stun.

Also "young" mages are not OP at all u really have to get a lot of items and gear to make ur mage "op"

I mean in the end its about knowing ur char and knowing about your opponent. I know mage is always a surprise package cause u dont know for sure what this mages skill build looks like (will u get coldsnapped when u want to run? Will u get muted? Could she decloack me when i hide?)

To kill a mage its all about timing, get rid of the shield or stun her in the right moment and u won it, but dont wonder when u have a good mage as opponent who knows how to get rid of u. (samen on any other class tho)

In the end i am pretty sure i died more often than u did.

Maybe start playing a mage to understand that its not op and that it has its advantages and disadvantages like any other class

Cheers

#9 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

Mages are OP, that is that.

You can't argue that they're not when it is what it is

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

The one class that was supposed to be strong to mages/clerics, are the classes that the last balance phase made weak to mages.

There's a reason Hawkers are high in magic defense from a base point. It's not natural that Mages have an accuracy passive that's as high as it is, or that it's rewarded from their base stat [INT] which means it doesn't require specifically investing into. 

You want Mages to be weak[er]? Take away their accuracy ratio passive, and leave the two baseline % ones. Ice can keep it's Dodge downs, and nerf the wind skills dodge down scaling. This make Ice viable, wind not as over powered, and in general require actual investment to hit the class they were supposed to be weak to in the first place. 

Problem solved. Hopefully Pegasus will come up, and I can get these types of things addressed. 

#11 Elovin

Elovin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

The one class that was supposed to be strong to mages/clerics, are the classes that the last balance phase made weak to mages.

There's a reason Hawkers are high in magic defense from a base point. It's not natural that Mages have an accuracy passive that's as high as it is, or that it's rewarded from their base stat [INT] which means it doesn't require specifically investing into. 

You want Mages to be weak[er]? Take away their accuracy ratio passive, and leave the two baseline % ones. Ice can keep it's Dodge downs, and nerf the wind skills dodge down scaling. This make Ice viable, wind not as over powered, and in general require actual investment to hit the class they were supposed to be weak to in the first place. 

Problem solved. Hopefully Pegasus will come up, and I can get these types of things addressed. 

So since i also noticed that Hawkers might be the hardest opponent i could get ingame i fully build my Mage, so that it atleast has a chance vs em. I did go for high accuracy, (i know we have that passive, but trust me it aint enough since dodge nowadays has a reach numbers up in the heaven) So I do have passives, I do have wind debuffs, but even with my rune which gives me Acc i still struggle on hitting often enough.

Mages are ment to be paper canons, please dont shout about the Damage, imo the more damage u do in the game the bigger is ur lack of def, so its kinda balanced (check arti, huge damage and hit rate but it can drop faster than some people drop Zulie) (tbh they could need to be a little more tanky)

The Ice dodge debuff gives you 35% dodge down, what do you expect we get from wind? Yes on wind you have two aoe debuffs, the one u can cast from distance gives 25% and i know it sounds like a lot, but you will still struggle a lot with misses.The second aoe is one u cast around yourself and depending on ur stats so when u dont go with high charm for example it will have less than the Ice skill, plus u have to run into the crowd. The duration with 10 seconds is quite long lasting i agree on that but again imo Hurricane with its 25% does not make it way easier to drop hawkers nowadays.

Imo nowadays people more start playing and at the same time complaining about mages because a lot of mages start playing with range. So for example in dp there is somewhere a mage behind a wall free skilling, even with misses that mage has enough time to keep spammign skills cause noone is on it. Mages free skilling is pain, but so is a scout or an arti. The difference is that mages do have more aoes, but since the damage is split up, the damage is hilarious depending on the amount of people who are getting attacked. I used to spam aoes in wars and aa back then but since the aoe nerf i more go for single target to have a bigger effect, yes there are classes which i know i can easily kill, especially when they are far away or in a war busy with hitting someone else. If an arti turns its back to me i know i am on it and have it down in no effort (what about more mdef for artis :hmm:)

I do not see the problem with "normal" mages tho who aint hiding behind walls, there is always a chance to easily bring it down, scouts can free hit me from distance and when i ran to them they cloack, when i move away they are on me again, raiders are pretty tanky vs a mage and can easily make it right beside me and stun my shield down or just dot me to death(i wont start with the stacking).

Bourg burns down my shield and almost my full hp, arti sleeps and stuns me and with the right timing gets me down without me being able to do a single skill.

I admit that i myself as a mage try to avoid other mages in pvp area, but thats only cause it will take like forever to fight vs each other. (ofc depending on the build, but except all the new mages, there are a few good mages ingame which u know and whichs build u kinda know)

Since there are so many ways of playing a mage, everyone has met a mage in pvp zone whichs skill build was ment to get exactly his or hers class down. But please again, know ur class and ur char, if you go with ur champ on a mage and dont own a mute, then yes u will probably drop :p_omg:

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:20 AM

I read about half, and you seemed to miss my point.

The only thing, Mages have ever struggled with, were Hawkers, more specifically Raiders. All classes should have a weakness. Raiders weakness is physical defense and low HP pools [at base]. Which means Accurate heavy damage [Snipers/Dealers] should be their weakness [They're not cause they're doo damn squishy and can't decloak them often enough but whatever].

Point was, Mages hit everything, either really hard, or frequently enough they don't struggle. No other class can say that. Not while retaining the survival spam that a Mage has. 

#13 Elovin

Elovin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:05 AM

Well i tried to say that Mages do still have hawkers as an opponent.

I play my mage for quite a bit now and still struggle with them sometimes, tho i gotta admit i also can kill raiders, depending on the opponent i guess, I do drop often enough tho.

Mages are OP in 1vs1 yes, but I rarely have a 1 vs 1. And still not every 1vs1 i have i can win. Stun me in the correct moment or mute me and im down :p_swt:

We can not spam that shield!! And since its usually more than one person on a mage i really dont see a problem in killing it. Yes u might have to focus on a mage first, same on arti bourg or fs.

Just know how to pvp and if u r on ur own vs a fully geared mage then maybe think about it twice to attack, depending on ur class and ur char.

To the hitting, no we do not hit everything, u overestimate our accuracy and the debuffs and again its only an option to go for wind skills(dodge down). I can use my highest dodge down skill and still miss the opponent which is fair. But i also geared, skilled and statted my mage into this direction to have a CHANCE to kill a raider

I am just sick of people crying about mages so am i sick about mages popping out of every corner cause they r called OP nowadays. I also dont cry when i drop non stop cause i play mage and get focused. Advantages and disadvantages, but a mage is just strong when u really put time in gearing it.

Edited by Elovin, 10 August 2017 - 05:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users