• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AxcessDraw

AxcessDraw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

I finally farmed enough to fund my assassin, now I'm a bit doubtful about the stats. I'm thinking of 50 ~ 60 dex, but my main doubt is how much vit and luck. The wiki recommends at least 30 luck (some cheap extra attack and flee, the extra crit won't really matter) but I wonder if there is any use in putting any vit at all, or int too, which is 0 right now.

Also, how should the str to agi ratio be? I'm trying to keep agi around 10~15 points ahead right now. I'm using the undershirt+pantie combo right now along with the snake head, and will be buying 2 matyr's leash until I can afford the slotted brooches and cards. I also wonder if there are any cheap cards to use with the adventurer's armor for a DA katar for leveling, since I can't afford pupa or peco as of now, or any of the elementals.

#2 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

70-90 agi
70-99 str
40-50 dex
Rest to luk and/or vit

DA is prioritized over crit but can miss so dex is important. Getting 27 luck gives 10 crit so it becomes 20 for katars and an extra proc for whan DA doesnt. Its entirely up to you whether to get vit or luk or both. A bit more dps or bit more survivability.

#3 Nilkoff

Nilkoff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:31 AM

Well, after some consideration i decided that getting STR and AGI up to 90-99 is completely pointless. It was sound decision in classic, but now mechanics are adverse on maximising stats. Why? Because difference between 94 and 74 str is just 200 dps. With 74 i got 1800, with 94 i got 2000. The difference between 70 and 90 agi is also just slight. You can get these 20 flee from gear easily, and you still will be hit by high level mobs. And the difference in aspd is also slight as it gives around 200 dps. So you better spend your precios points on gaining high dex and high vit, which will help much more. So i've come up with such build:

STR - 74

AGI - 70

DEX - 62

INT - 0

VIT - 58

LUK -13

I ve got enough hit, dps and flee to fight almost every monster i want without problems, and enough survivability to survive oneshot skills, decent status effects protection and 120% more effective potions. And 3000 more hp.

Edited by Nilkoff, 07 August 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#4 TipsyCat

TipsyCat

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin (Restart)

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Well, after some consideration i decided that getting STR and AGI up to 90-99 is completely pointless. It was sound decision in classic, but now mechanics are adverse on maximising stats. Why? Because difference between 94 and 74 str is just 200 dps. With 74 i got 1800, with 94 i got 2000. The difference between 70 and 90 agi is also just slight. You can get these 20 flee from gear easily, and you still will be hit by high level mobs. And the difference in aspd is also slight as it gives around 200 dps. So you better spend your precios points on gaining high dex and high vit, which will help much more. So i've come up with such build:

STR - 74

AGI - 70

DEX - 62

INT - 0

VIT - 58

LUK -13

I ve got enough hit, dps and flee to fight almost every monster i want without problems, and enough survivability to survive oneshot skills, decent status effects protection and 120% more effective potions. And 3000 more hp.

This seems amazing.

#5 AxcessDraw

AxcessDraw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

STR - 74

AGI - 70

DEX - 62

INT - 0

VIT - 58

LUK -13

Yeah I've been making some tests with the calculator and came up with a similar build, haven't been able to close the stats yet as all my equips haven't been decided. I'm investing a bit more in luck and less vit as I rely mostly on flee, and the agi I've left in around 80~90. You're completely right about the str, it's just not worth it to invest so much. I'll leave dex on either 55 or 60, haven't decided. And int is 0 too, as there aren't many skills worth using as assassin.

#6 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

My base stats goal is either 70 str 80 agi, or 80 str 70 agi, with 62 dex, and 50 vit, with some points left over I can put a few more into one stat if needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users