Relvl knight or stick to it? Need help with stat adjustment - Swordsman Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Relvl knight or stick to it? Need help with stat adjustment

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Djmy

Djmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

I don't know if it'll make a difference relvling a knight cause of my stats but..

Lvl - 65

Str - 40

Agl - 67

Vit - 30

Dex - 30

I'm hearing that SVD (Vit) knights are the strongest end-game/PvM farm wise for BB pot spam. Did I mess up on my build or should I start pumping in on vit? 

-Thanks and much appreciated!

#2 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

If you are SVD then you should not put any agi man..

#3 Djmy

Djmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Yea in the beginning, I was focused on doing agl cause thats what I did back in 2003. First time back since that year and seeing a lot of youtube videos and comments on Vit knights.

#4 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Yea in the beginning, I was focused on doing agl cause thats what I did back in 2003. First time back since that year and seeing a lot of youtube videos and comments on Vit knights.

By the look of things you can still be a decent svd knight, just more aspd than normal at the cost of a few points of vit. Increase str and vit and maybe 40-50 dex. You dont really need to go all the way to 18k hp, having 70-80 vit is managable with potions. Stop increasing agi right now if you still wanna go svd route.

#5 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

spend real world moneys. buy neutralizer box. reroll stats. haza

#6 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

spend real world moneys. buy neutralizer box. reroll stats. haza

Neuralizer only resets skills not stats

#7 Djmy

Djmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:32 AM

Okay thanks!

#8 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

If you are SVD then you should not put any agi man..

This was true in old old old old RO mentality.  Then SVD Knights on iRO took some notes from Korean players, who added in 40 total AGI for Pierce spamming or BB spamming.  Hell, even Brandish Spear, Spear Boomerang, and Spear Stab increase in effectiveness, as their animations are affected by AGI.

Most smart Lord Knights figured out that a little AGI in their build actually helps a little with even pure Clashing Spiral builds.

It took awhile, but even Rune Knights going pure Dragon Breath figured the same thing out, because virtually all in-game animations are affected by AGI, allowing bypassing skill delays by figuring out the right AGI to get around animations, allowing faster spamming, and even near perfect cast without maxing out Dexterity.

I know there are some people who adhere to this mentality still, but most of them have never experimented with builds, or they'd know better.

mlmf is quite accurate in his assessment.

This is particularly true if you want to actually kill high HP value targets quickly.  You don't need a lot.  40 AGI goes a long way.

That said this guy is a bit high for most SVD, and is instead a hybrid build, a bit closer to my own, and while it's effective, the HP pool will definitely suffer a little.  SVD in renewal really should be retitled VSD given priority should be to VIT first.

#9 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

This was true in old old old old RO mentality. Then SVD Knights on iRO took some notes from Korean players, who added in 40 total AGI for Pierce spamming or BB spamming. Hell, even Brandish Spear, Spear Boomerang, and Spear Stab increase in effectiveness, as their animations are affected by AGI.

Most smart Lord Knights figured out that a little AGI in their build actually helps a little with even pure Clashing Spiral builds.

It took awhile, but even Rune Knights going pure Dragon Breath figured the same thing out, because virtually all in-game animations are affected by AGI, allowing bypassing skill delays by figuring out the right AGI to get around animations, allowing faster spamming, and even near perfect cast without maxing out Dexterity.

I know there are some people who adhere to this mentality still, but most of them have never experimented with builds, or they'd know better.

mlmf is quite accurate in his assessment.

This is particularly true if you want to actually kill high HP value targets quickly. You don't need a lot. 40 AGI goes a long way.

That said this guy is a bit high for most SVD, and is instead a hybrid build, a bit closer to my own, and while it's effective, the HP pool will definitely suffer a little. SVD in renewal really should be retitled VSD given priority should be to VIT first.

My build is a pure spear SVD and currently lvl 85,on my observation, with 9agi, i can still do Pierce over Pierce on monsters and not bad for me, The Brandish though, have delays cast and after cast.

Are you saying that if im to pump some agi, those cast delays can be bypassed or shorten? I could show you my current stat and i would be thankful if you assess my build then.

#10 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

My build is a pure spear SVD and currently lvl 85,on my observation, with 9agi, i can still do Pierce over Pierce on monsters and not bad for me, The Brandish though, have delays cast and after cast.

Are you saying that if im to pump some agi, those cast delays can be bypassed or shorten? I could show you my current stat and i would be thankful if you assess my build then.

The same way a hunter with more aspd can use more double strafes in a second, same goes with any skill thats is stated in irowiki to have aspd skill delay. So pierce will be faster the more aspd. Also if youre hunting medium or small monsters bash is a better option to pierce, especially when you have fatal blow

#11 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

I see.,but what could be the minimal points to spend on agi as SVD knight goes?

#12 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

I see.,but what could be the minimal points to spend on agi as SVD knight goes?

Somewhere between 30-50 agi, just look for that one aspd point you get between those numbers.

Once you get the aspd point, you can stop increasing agi.

Edited by mlmf, 07 August 2017 - 06:56 PM.

#13 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Ok i got it.,thanks!

Edited by Reuduciel, 07 August 2017 - 08:52 PM.

#14 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

The same way a hunter with more aspd can use more double strafes in a second, same goes with any skill thats is stated in irowiki to have aspd skill delay. So pierce will be faster the more aspd. Also if youre hunting medium or small monsters bash is a better option to pierce, especially when you have fatal blow

It's more than just aspd delay.  For whatever reason aspd seems to affect the actual animations for at least all non-magic attacks (I'm unsure on magic, since the only agi I've used with magic is an Auto-bolt Scholar/Sorcerer).

I'll have to find the videos covering insta-cast Dragon Breath without actually getting real insta-cast stats (and before Dex Temporal boots were available, and without hacks or grf edits) by abusing animation speed using AGI.

So yes, even Brandish, which isn't affected by AGI directly, does seem to be faster with higher AGI in my Rune Knights.

As per Reuduciel's post:

It's not that AGI affects delays on Brandish...it doesn't.  It seems to affect the actual speed of the animation of using the skill, and for whatever reason, around 40+ AGI, it's fast enough to slightly bypass the skill delay, as I can reasonably spam it a bit faster than once every second, but it's a matter of timing and I think something to do with how the game encodes the hard delay versus the actual animation, where the animation itself allows getting around the hard delay.  It's kind of an exploit I guess, but the game is built around this, and it affects every single class, and has been like this since the original game.  So it's a factor of the game-code itself.

I really need to find that post in the Renewal forums about insta-cast DB to give you an example of how this works with that particular skill:

Damn...I can't find it.  One of the odd things was too much aspd actually pushed the animation speed to a point where it couldn't bypass the delay, so it's a happy medium where the aspd hits a certain point at 40 AGI, I think total?  I think Hayroh made the original post and videos, but I can't find it now.

#15 Reuduciel

Reuduciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

It's more than just aspd delay.  For whatever reason aspd seems to affect the actual animations for at least all non-magic attacks (I'm unsure on magic, since the only agi I've used with magic is an Auto-bolt Scholar/Sorcerer).

I'll have to find the videos covering insta-cast Dragon Breath without actually getting real insta-cast stats (and before Dex Temporal boots were available, and without hacks or grf edits) by abusing animation speed using AGI.

So yes, even Brandish, which isn't affected by AGI directly, does seem to be faster with higher AGI in my Rune Knights.

As per Reuduciel's post:

It's not that AGI affects delays on Brandish...it doesn't.  It seems to affect the actual speed of the animation of using the skill, and for whatever reason, around 40+ AGI, it's fast enough to slightly bypass the skill delay, as I can reasonably spam it a bit faster than once every second, but it's a matter of timing and I think something to do with how the game encodes the hard delay versus the actual animation, where the animation itself allows getting around the hard delay.  It's kind of an exploit I guess, but the game is built around this, and it affects every single class, and has been like this since the original game.  So it's a factor of the game-code itself.

I really need to find that post in the Renewal forums about insta-cast DB to give you an example of how this works with that particular skill:

Damn...I can't find it.  One of the odd things was too much aspd actually pushed the animation speed to a point where it couldn't bypass the delay, so it's a happy medium where the aspd hits a certain point at 40 AGI, I think total?  I think Hayroh made the original post and videos, but I can't find it now.

no wonder i see some BB swinging his sword very gently and the other one is like he need to go toilet very fast. the animation of the skill differ.. i would want to see that video,i hope you find it lol

#16 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:56 AM

kRO Warlock, Jack Frost with 174 vs 193 Aspd

Afaik, all skills have aspd based delay, but it's only relevant in cases where your animations are longer than the hard skill delay on the skill. There's also animation delay that can't be reduced by aspd/strings like Sonic Blow and Arrow Shower.

@op

BB and Brandish also have cast time that is reducible by dex/strings.

SC utilizing hawkeye (+200 dex) to spam BB faster.

^ Don't they have gutterline in kRO?

Edited by NamzaKaren, 13 August 2017 - 05:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users