STAT Reset 3 months cooldown? - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

STAT Reset 3 months cooldown?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#51 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Trans

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

make bad players pay for building bad builds.

stat reset scroll 2000KP #profit

add 12 month cooldown or 1 time use per char.

so many ways they can make money off this.

AUCrI.png

^OH GOD what have you done 

#52 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Been playing since 2004, paid for 2 accounts from 2005 till the game went F2P, stopped playing around 2011 and picked up my old accounts on Chaos in January.

I ground out a pure int swordie to job 50 for a GC/Heal Sader back in pre-renewal as well as a brewer chemist merchant smashing leaf cats with cart revo to get the job exp.

I stuck out my 30 str archer to 99 and stat reset as a minstrel, I'm no stranger to the grind, but unlike back in 2005~2006 when I was an unemployed teenager living in my parents basement, I don't have the 16+ hours a day to dedicate to grinding up characters in RO anymore, I have maybe 2~4 hours a day depending on how I'm feeling after a 9~11 hour shift, or how early I'm willing to get up before work.

I've done the grind already, I'd rather not be forced t do it a second time if I don't have to, and I'd rather not be punished with having to slog my way to 99 to reset if I mess up a build

But thats my whole point, neither do i. I work fulltime sometimes when things went sour at work i had to stay there more then 14 hours on other days i may have more time.

I like the grinding its part of the charm of this game and my point is ,if you cant take the effort and time for this game you need to be in the top 100, you are just have no place in the top 100 , i certainly dont.

I know very well how much time and effort i can put into the game and i know very well, while i work that teenager in thier basemen (just like me ages ago), while camp mvps , grind up thier pure potters etc. and they deserve it, since the do all the work they needed to reach thier goal. I will reach mine eventually or i dont becouse i get bored, have less time or whatever. If i have the time to play casually i dont expect to be at the top of the list, why would i and i dont envy the top of the list, there is no reason ,too. Even if my times of beeing somewhere on the top lines is over, i will defend everyday the well earned right of someone who is at the top ,to be there.

#53 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Baaaaack in the old days people would level 1 character for every build they wanted to make.

What you are saying is to give everyone a way to fast level up (Vip+BM+WoePots+even buffs scrolls) and an instant way to get the build they want with no effort (stat reset)

I want the server to last for as long as possible, but making it so you can easly switch builds, leveling and upgrading equips (+9 equips are really easy these days because of enriched ores) kills the long term challenge for the server. 

So yeah, make the server more pay2win / fastest to finish it.

Edited by Panteperu, 09 August 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#54 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

It doesn't make as much difference as you think dude. Your str stat means quite little, not the difference between 2 or 3 shotting a mob at any rate. 

i will keep that in mind for future builds, thank you.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Feel like you're comparing the server too much to classic, tbh.

#56 Simona

Simona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Northern Europe

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

I like my games to be fun.

Forging is fun.

So is brewing.

Grinding on a character that sux balls isn't.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Simona, 09 August 2017 - 01:03 PM.

#57 Yafilthy

Yafilthy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

resets with cool down are healthy for the market

They help casuals & vets play different templates and bring in more revenue for WP!

Also, the head start early game of server is mostly done at this point they let any new player catch up more easily. 

I know I wont use one unless its free, but if someone wants to fork over the 400kp for 1 time use or cool down sure.

WoE pot & Skill reset is already in game, its like arguing about blue or red Gatorade both just sugar water. 

Edited by Yafilthy, 09 August 2017 - 01:50 PM.

#58 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

Feel like you're comparing the server too much to classic, tbh.

I might however i only playe iro classic very ,very briefly , i used to play on fro before that euro, so my encounter with the iro world is a pretty recent one.

I like my games to be fun.

Forging is fun.

So is brewing.

Grinding isn't.

Well ... ... no grinding in ragnarok ... that like 95% of the game? Dont get me wrong not mean to offend you but still ... is ragnarok the correct game her? (if you like forging... legend of mana best forging simulator of all times... ... really no offense her just an awesome oldshool game you might like some other time.)

#59 Simona

Simona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Northern Europe

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

I might however i only playe iro classic very ,very briefly , i used to play on fro before that euro, so my encounter with the iro world is a pretty recent one.

Well ... ... no grinding in ragnarok ... that like 95% of the game? Dont get me wrong not mean to offend you but still ... is ragnarok the correct game her? (if you like forging... legend of mana best forging simulator of all times... ... really no offense her just an awesome oldshool game you might like some other time.)

I edited the quoted post for clarity. And honestly, ragnarok is a hobby I play when I have time. And I certainly don't have enough of that to get invested in other games (starting with acquiring them on my Linux) or call myself a gamer. But I've known RO for years and it is fun if you don't suck.

#60 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

I edited the quoted post for clarity. And honestly, ragnarok is a hobby I play when I have time. And I certainly don't have enough of that to get invested in other games (starting with acquiring them on my Linux) or call myself a gamer. But I've known RO for years and it is fun if you don't suck.

Fair enough , however its  a single player game and you would find it to be quite easily to get it running on lunix ^^ and yeah can even make a lot of fun if you do 'suck' when you enjoy it why not

As always i stay to the mantra ,everyone decides how much effort he puts into this game, no matter the reasons, if your goal is to be the very best potter on the server, i wish you all the good luck (and dex) you need.

#61 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

• More competitive WoEs
  • Game purity where people leeched/botted pure woe builds and nobody else!

who is botting woe builds?

#62 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

Baaaaack in the old days people would level 1 character for every build they wanted to make.

What you are saying is to give everyone a way to fast level up (Vip+BM+WoePots+even buffs scrolls) and an instant way to get the build they want with no effort (stat reset)

I want the server to last for as long as possible, but making it so you can easly switch builds, leveling and upgrading equips (+9 equips are really easy these days because of enriched ores) kills the long term challenge for the server. 

^

keep server alive longer when it takes longer to do things

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

who is botting woe builds?

WdVeyNX.gif

You're right, smart people make sure the botting is reserved for making money for the woe guilds. Probably wild roses and cyfar and obbs kinda thing. 

But nonetheless, it's happening. 

Edited by Xellie, 09 August 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#64 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

what woe guilds are doing that? gms should ban them

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

I agree! 

#66 Yashirro

Yashirro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

TL;DR

Stat resets and build swaps are a COMMON thing in modern day RPGs/MMORPGs
So why would WP NOT implement it?
Its going to kill it sooner then later, the Community that is

People get older and dont have that much time anymore like 12 years ago.
3 shifts family tight schedule just to name a few things that keep you from playing

And EVERYONE wants to see progress or adapt to new things without having to go through the whole new character thing just for a different build

#67 Wil676

Wil676

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

Salty mad grampy. sorry we dont live to our parents house,they dont pay our bills and whaever we need. not like u guys. CAn grind the whole 6 months not worrying real life. lol

Edited by Wil676, 09 August 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#68 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

I don't really care about stat resets either way.  I have already invested time into levelling a pure-build character, but having resets would open up options for a lot of people.  Forge smiths will already take a huge hit when sages come; most of the effort required to be a successful Potter chemist comes after reaching a high level.

I care a lot more about whether or not WP will give and keep their word about their future implementation one way or the other.

#69 LastPlaceLarey

LastPlaceLarey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

TL;DR

Stat resets and build swaps are a COMMON thing in modern day RPGs/MMORPGs
So why would WP NOT implement it?
Its going to kill it sooner then later, the Community that is

People get older and dont have that much time anymore like 12 years ago.
3 shifts family tight schedule just to name a few things that keep you from playing

And EVERYONE wants to see progress or adapt to new things without having to go through the whole new character thing just for a different build

I strongly feel that one of the reason so many mmorps have failed is because they set up a system where there is no reason to make new characters.  Your character can just respec in to whatever you need at any time.  The result?  There is nothing to do in the game.  This was my experience in swtor.  I hit a point where my character was already geared, there was no reason to make a new character as I could respec into different rolls, and so I never played the game anymore.  Once a week I would do the hard mode operation with my guild and then I would log out till the next week, and swtor isn't anywhere near as bad as Rift was in this manner.

Having lots of classes with lots of builds gives people a reason to actually make new characters and actually play the game.  Having build diversity increases a game's life span.  If anything Gravity should be taking steps to make sure there are more viable builds in each class so people want to have multiple (insert class here) with multiple builds.

The skill reset is bad enough, but that combined with a stat reset is just a games death. 

I understand that people only have so much time to invest in hobbies, but a lot of the "quality of life" requests are more like "I don't want to actually play the game" to me.

Edited by LastPlaceLarey, 09 August 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#70 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

I understand that people only have so much time to invest in hobbies, but a lot of the "quality of life" requests are more like "I don't want to actually play the game" to me.

It's just like real life now. Snowflakes always be asking for handouts.

#71 Yafilthy

Yafilthy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

#WP #SUPPORTWORKINGMAN

1724-Sean-Connery-does-not-take-NO-as-an

#72 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

Honestly, I don't mind stat resets, but overall the server would better benefit without it.  I recall remaking my Knight 4x before being satisfied, and it was far easier to hit level 80+ each time I reset due to better equipment, better game knowledge, etc.  This was old old RO, prior to 2-2's initial release.  It's not the only character I remade either.  I built a Crit Sin, then disbanded it for a Dagger Sin.  At the time slots were limited, so I had to work with mistakes or rebuild.  Sure it takes time, but Old RO pre-Juno (and exp increases), versus Juno and Lighthalzen changes to EXP, versus RE:Start is something like this:

Old RO -> Level 80 in 4 months @ 5 hours a day, 99 in roughly 1 year @ 5 hours a day.

Juno/Light changes -> Level 80 in 3 months @ 5hrs/day, 99 in roughly 6 months @ 5hrs/day.

RE:Start -> Level 80 in 1 week w/out VIP @ 5hrs/day, 99 in roughly 2.5 weeks w/out VIP @ 5hrs/day.

However, given Gravity will potentially see money to be made, I expect it to happen on some level.  I'm down with a one time allowance of removing 20~40 points when 3rd classes come out, but only for those characters who are present at the time, and have achieved Transcendence.  However I'm hoping the Reset Stone system is altered and used for other things, like special features, as an addition to the Silvervine, or the Silvervine system is just used for everything, from special VIP-only instances for non-VIP to the Summoner (which is almost guaranteed to see a release due to being a good Zeny sink).

I mean if we do see a reset system, maybe a permanent allowance of 20 points only, so you can't completely change builds, or maybe 30 points as a 3rd class, and no more.  That would allow for slight tweaks, but would negate a complete build change, just slight adjustments to improve aspects of a build type.

#73 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

yeah for what I made a lvl 80int swordy then? :0

a grand cross crusader, assuming you didn't job change into a knight already

Edited by 3565150713142656837, 09 August 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#74 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

Yep. I already know people who are making multiples of the same class for different purposes. With a reset in place, what would be the point to invest this extra time? We need things to preserve the longevity of the server, not shorten it.

#75 BiteRAWR

BiteRAWR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Thor || Odin

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

Salty mad grampy. sorry we dont live to our parents house,they dont pay our bills and whaever we need. not like u guys. CAn grind the whole 6 months not worrying real life. lol

hmmm weird ...

Well i don't live with my parent, pay my own bill and whatnot. can still play casually and even liked the slow pace of the game. 

WP give the customer what they need [a game that is enjoyable for a long time] not what they want [i want this and that cuz i pay]..   :p_swt:   :p_swt:

your customer do not really know what they want other than quickie sex with the game. cum3.. next one... [there's a meaning behind this ] hahahahahaha...   :heh:   :heh:

dont take this seriuosly as im just typing what i felt .

Whatever the team of WP decide i don't mind.

just think it carefully. and do it slow and steady~~~ yeaaaaaahhhh~~~~ hehehehe   :p_laugh:   :p_laugh:

haaaaaaaaaaa   :p_omg:

Too fast in progress i think will kill the anticipation of building the intended class = boring = people left the server.

I play Thor server rarely nowadays cuz it feel to fast that i stop playing since i dont feel the game anymore.

i bet this server will be left alone after awhile if the progression is too fast.

The Dev team need to give us what we need and not what we want since most of the time what we want came from greed.  :p_sick:

Hoooomaaan is evil...

need better stable with less bot environment ingame  :p_love:  :p_love:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users