Real Talk: Chaos or Thor? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Real Talk: Chaos or Thor?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

WoE schedules will be based on USA west coast times if they do merge. Not like they're going to have GMs clock in the middle of the night outside of Campitor.

Thor woe has been fine despite the fact that it's our schedule

So Chaos woe dudes cant be trusted afterall :v and ye guys treat us like toxic piece of manure

#27 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:53 PM

I played Chaos for several months but i left chaos because (of several reasons)

Chaos

Pros

1. A good PVM server

2.Huge Population (at least for now)

3.Many will definitely help you (The last day i log in my HP, i was given with an OCP item, I'm happy for that <3 )

cons

1.WOE is dead

2.PVP isn't...that friendly...(I get occassionally killed even though i'm just watching)

3.You can't hunt MVP peacefully, lots of bots (lol) and tons of boss cards and gods.

4. PVP in Chaos is more toxic that Thor.

Thor

(I currently in Thor playing with the allied guild of my mother Guild)

Cons:

1.Market is not good (You can compare the Thor market as layers of the internet. so this is the reason why thor's market isn't that good for beginners)

2. WPE shortage (wanna have money? you got WPE? this is a good starting business since WPE supply isn't stable here)

3.Monopoly

Pros:

1. People are friendly (Like me, I can offer you a ride in our Bio lab 4 runs for free, and you might get invited to our guild :heh: )

2. WOE and PVP in thor is friendly and nice. (Slightly toxic but bearable)

3. In terms of Interaction, Thor is kinda Warm to everyone. To be honest, we got some indonesian players there playing under different Filipino guilds especially the major guilds who participate in the Alliance wars and  they are comfortable here. actually one of them is my guild mate who though that I am a real underage female :heh:( ​I'm a man, and not underage).

#28 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

Thor woe has been fine despite the fact that it's our schedule

So Chaos woe dudes cant be trusted afterall :v and ye guys treat us like toxic piece of manure

The fact remains that iRO's servers are located on the west coast of the USA so the staff are going to pick times that are suitable for their work schedules. And I doubt that's going to change with the existence of southeast Asia servers that actually work in those timezones.

#29 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

^

Either they trust Thor or just dont give a fff then if thats what yer tellin since well,we've been at it for sime time now

Edited by lorenz1375, 12 August 2017 - 12:12 AM.

#30 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:30 AM

The only way things will change is if they start hiring 3rd shift staff to handle southeast Asia timezones and it's rather obvious they can barely hire enough to handle North and South America timezones.

#31 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

off topic mister GMs and Miss GMs

may i know the future or time line of the new server REstart?

is it going to the path of doram and 3rd jobs?

planning on making some accounts maybe 2or 3 for preparations and play when it has dorams

thanks hehehe

PS
i accept all the consequences just to merge and have to meet other players... ok chaos timezone no problem to me i can play on any timezones in the world huehuehue

Edited by aentunei, 12 August 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#32 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

It will take like 2 or 3 to reach Doram on restart. I'm sayibg decade. At that point renewal will be stagnant of updates making restart catch up.

#33 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:26 AM

It will take like 2 or 3 to reach Doram on restart. I'm sayibg decade. At that point renewal will be stagnant of updates making restart catch up.

That is slightly dissappointing but I wish WP will get updates up to the Infinite space. man i mean that's one of the best instance, You can max your characters on that instance

(And also Bio 5, when it will came? *super excited for  thaT*

#34 FreecsBourne

FreecsBourne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:ChaosxThor

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

if they really are doing it please do it soon... i mean very soon since there are some elites left in Thor and many more on chaos i think... don't make this as your last resort when the situation gets worsen in the near future...

#35 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Theyll do it when everyone lose their interest

#36 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

You have to download the DLC and then you can pick the 3rd path, which is re:start

#37 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

They should merge Thor and Chaos,really.

:p_sad:

Not gonna happen. Too many issues.

#38 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

Not gonna happen. Too many issues.

Yeah. Like chaos players being scared that thor players might dominate them. Or vice versa.

#39 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

There isn't really any issues, just their insecurities

#40 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

That is BS.

So lots of Thor stuff from pRO. Lots of +15s. It would be unfair to Chaos to allow that BS to come here. So how? Does WP do a full gear wipe? That's not entirely fair to Thor either. Thor players come from PRO. That server died, the people moved to Thor, Thor died, you cannot say there is not a player problem.

Saying there are no issues is incorrect - your assessment of the situation is a massive understatement.

Edited by MintRoyale, 13 August 2017 - 12:18 AM.

#41 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

That is BS.

So lots of Thor stuff from pRO. Lots of +15s. It would be unfair to Chaos to allow that BS to come here. So how? Does WP do a full gear wipe? That's not entirely fair to Thor either. Thor players come from PRO. That server died, the people moved to Thor, Thor died, you cannot say there is not a player problem.

Saying there are no issues is incorrect - your assessment of the situation is a massive understatement.

Your reason is childish. Do you want a proper reason why it's impossible? Ok I'll tell you some.

● Some limited item from Chaos are not limited in Thor (ice cream on a friggin head, note headpone, bjofnil wings, shaman set from that nds game to name a few, well who cares about rarity in ro)
● Many items not yet introduced in Chaos are available on Thor (not really a big problem, we can just throw everything on the floor and disappear)
● Market saturation- This is already happening but will become more noticeable when Thor joins in (who cares though, everyone probably doesn't need anything from someone as e eryone can do their thing solo)

About overuped gears, that's really not an issue as: 1. Probably, Chaos has much more than that, 2. Who cares on +xx gears when WoE is even dead, pvp is deader and the only possible use to them is in pvm aspect and most pvm is instance, meaning it's you versus the monster and not us versus the monster

Yeah I know, TL;DR says you.....

#42 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

lmfao that +15 BS, you don't know thor at all then  :heh:

also please take note... like I've been saying for the nth time now

IF YOU THINK WE ARE ABLE TO USE THOSE ITEMS WHICH YOU SAID AREN'T IMPLEMENTED IN CHAOS THEN YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, BARELY ANYTHING WORKS ANYMORE

Midgard Serpent Hat was only implemented when it was released in Chaos

same goes to HWHB

And the rest of our so-called OP gears are made useless, RWC Cap2012? Boitata? Aeon Shield? Runeboots?

Even the effin Anael's Balloon (Odalicious Trashy Balloon) aint even half of what it is before. What the heck you people are you still refusing to see that there really isn't much difference between the two? wtf

#43 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

Let me give you a good hindsigh about the equipments of Thor.

If you follow my comments about how WP ignored the thor's request to fix the bugs that we have as well as the decreasing population. Most of our items that are exclusively on pRO are not Working. Let me give you a Short List.

1.pRO 10th anniversary equipments :Super useless, its not working anymore

2.Reignalf (wrong spelling) headband : This one should have effects, but it was state as Placeholder. so it means WP doesn't fix this

3.RWC 2012 indonesia hat : ASPD+ 1 isn't working. and WP will never fix this no matter how many times I said about this Bug

4.Shield of Aeon : Not working, even if it is + 12333423121, it will never work.

5.Biotata armor: Not working (The 7% decrease to "nothingness" if i remember, this is neutral decrease.please correct me pRO guys)

6.Anael's Balloon (or Odalicious balloon) ASPD isn't working

and the list goes on.

second: Overup? Chaos has more Overups than Thor. Lol for 8 months i stay in Chaos, I saw more Overups in that server than Thor. The most common overups here is +11 (mostly Glorious set) but most of them are deleted ​thanks to that corrupted file given by level up​. +15 is rare...very very rare. Only the Most elite Players (Guys who spend thousands of money and under the table transactions to the pRO GM have that) .

-=Edit=-

As a guy who is more focus on Stats rather than Gears. No matter how many OP gears you have and you don't know how to play your class. you are useless... I'm playing for 7 years. I already proven the Knowledge about your class> gears .

Gears are just amplifiers, your knowledge about your class will still be your basis

Edited by Icarus05, 13 August 2017 - 02:43 AM.

#44 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

NOT WELCOME.

#45 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

^therefore I conclude you are just an insecure son of a tank

Edited by lorenz1375, 13 August 2017 - 02:52 AM.

#46 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:27 AM

NOT WELCOME.

LOL. i admit thor people AKA asians can really dominate players like us. an averaged geared asian can kill fully geared with no talent at all. that's the reason why I want the merge. to be better and play with skilled players. (also to merge my thor and chaos items and characters kek)

#47 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

^no said chaos, since a chaos player dominated the sura v sura before

Just turned out the dude's Asian as well lmao

#48 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:58 AM

lmao, you folks destroyed pRO and are almost done wiping Thor.

Now you wanna help kill Chaos and you want us to welcome you as you do it?

* shrugs *

I am against it no matter what you say. The fact that you need to call me a son of a *** proves my point on how low you are.

LMFAO

#49 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:56 AM

I don't think players are to blame because of a server's down fall, after all the management sets the rules. pRO went down because of corruption and greed. In Thor, none of these exists and I can only think of 2 main reasons why the population in it has declined 1.) pRO is back 2.) Regional pricing does not exist in iRO therefore forcing some players to transfer to an official server that is much cheaper.

I do not understand why you or some Chaos dudes here are against a merge, as some already mentioned that the OP gears you guys are so afraid of are NOT working. A merge could help revive PvP or WoE(depends if most Thor players can participate) so new rivalry, competition which in turn will push players to play and fight for something again.

If Thor players could participate in WoE I imagine it'd be like RWC, players from different countries battling it out. It may make rival guilds become allies with each other just to beat up a guild from the other server.

Edited by Usurper, 13 August 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#50 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

The most probable reason for Thor's lesser population was caused by:
●dismayed players about the migration- no need to drag this
●lack of information about the migration- most players or even majority of them were blind about the migration and some had quit before it even happen. Hell, pRO fb page had lots of likers than iRO and you could still find posts asking this and that after the closure
●advertisement- lack of ad selling telling players that iRO is the new home for Ph and mostly SEA before roph

It's just crazy that some people have a hard time distinguishing p from official server. That's where 70~80 percent of the players went before roph. If those were done perfectly then Chaos' population would just be a joke compared to Thor. That is bots included.

Well, there is roph now so it won't be legal to get them to play to Thor. Most people didn't even bother to play on Thor in roph. It must be the name. Loki has far greater population than Thor in roph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users