#1 FIint

FIint

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hello guys, how are you? Hope you fine.

I'm starting in iRO RESTART and i intend to build a crusader, even they dont released it yet. I'll just create a swordsman and wait until they release it.

My priority is to play woe. But i want to leveling without difficult, so i'll show you what i expect to do and hope you could help me sending critics and/or guides and tell me what do you think about this build. Any help will be thankfull.

Skills (ALT+S)

Swordsman (37/50)

Sword Mastery (??)

Provoke 5

Endure 10

Bash 10

Improve HP Recovery 10

Magnum Break 1

Crusader (50/50)

Faith 10

Cure 1

Peco Peco Ride 1

Cavalier Mastery 5

Holy Cross 10

Grand Cross 4

Guard 5

Smite 3

Shield Boomerang 3

Shield Reflect 5

Sacrifice 2

1. Should i maximize Sword Mastery?

2. Provoke lv 5 and Magnum Break lv 1 thats  enough?

3. Should i decrease Holy Cross and increase Sacrifice? Or just down the skill Cure and increase Sacrifice by 1 point?

Sacrifice:

at lv 2 grants 2 links, 8 cels range and 45s duration.

at lv 3 grants 3 links, 9 cels range and 60s duration.

at lv 4 grants 4 links, 10 cels range and 75s duration.

at lv 5 grants 5 links, 11 cels range and 90s duration.

Remember, i want to play WoE. So the skill Sacrifice MUST BE at least lvl 2.

Stats (ALT+A)

I'm not including equipments, just buffs (Bless+Agi).

str 73+17

agi 16+14

vit 99+7

int 1+16

dex 57+13

luk 1+5

I could use this or you reccomend to modify anything?

Thanks a lot guys.

See ya

Edited by FIint, 12 August 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#2 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

So I don't know everything, I can give you some tips from what I do know, or what I've heard or seen.

1) If you plan to use a shield, you will need to max Sword Mastery to 10.

2) Endure is disabled in Woe, thus rendered useless.

3) Please use an up to date builder to ensure you have proper skill names. Smite is now Shield Charge, Sacrifice is now Devotion. I recommend the one on http://ratemyserver.net/skill_sim.php

4) Devotion is a risky skill to use in any situation. You take damage based on the defense of the players who are effected by it and within range. So I would keep it rather low.

5) Why Calvary Mastery? There isn't much reason to fight on a Peco, so you could pump those 5 points somewhere else.

Everything else seems fine, but as I said before, I don't know everything.

#3 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

@op

Holy Cross deals double damage with 2hand spear. If you don't plan to use 2hand spear at all, then use bash for offense, drop holy cross to 6 (just for prereq), and get defender 5 to counter barrage of arrow showers and (later) acid terror.

3) Please use an up to date builder to ensure you have proper skill names. Smite is now Shield Charge, Sacrifice is now Devotion. I recommend the one on http://ratemyserver.net/skill_sim.php

I don't know if it's the same in Odin, but in iRO Chaos we use the first one. The latter are from other localized servers which most private servers also use.

Use irowiki.org or divine-pride.net for guides. Infos fromrenewal.playragnarok.com are from private servers and a lot of them are wrong. And don't link torenewal.playragnarok.com, I think it's against forum rules.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 13 August 2017 - 04:04 AM.

#4 FIint

FIint

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

So I don't know everything, I can give you some tips from what I do know, or what I've heard or seen.

1) If you plan to use a shield, you will need to max Sword Mastery to 10.

2) Endure is disabled in Woe, thus rendered useless.

4) Devotion is a risky skill to use in any situation. You take damage based on the defense of the players who are effected by it and within range. So I would keep it rather low.

5) Why Calvary Mastery? There isn't much reason to fight on a Peco, so you could pump those 5 points somewhere else.

Everything else seems fine, but as I said before, I don't know everything.

1. Ye, i plan to use a sword+shield until i reach job to become a crusader.

2. Well, then i think there is no necessity to increase endure lvl 5 too.

4. Although devotion be a risky skill, it is extremely necessary to play woe.

5. I intend to use a peco coz' i wont have Spear Mastery, and peco peco riding grants:

• Allows Spear class weapons to inflict 100% damage regardless of the size of the enemy.
  • Increases Weight Limit by 1000.

Any damage will be welcome.

@op

Holy Cross deals double damage with 2hand spear. If you don't plan to use 2hand spear at all, then use bash for offense, drop holy cross to 6 (just for prereq), and get defender 5 to counter barrage of arrow showers and (later) acid terror.

I don't know if it's the same in Odin, but in iRO Chaos we use the first one. The latter are from other localized servers which most private servers also use.

Use irowiki.org or divine-pride.net for guides. Infos fromrenewal.playragnarok.com are from private servers and a lot of them are wrong. And don't link torenewal.playragnarok.com, I think it's against forum rules.

Thats the reason i increased Holy Cross to lv 10, even without spear mastery, using a 2h spear will grants me doubled damage. Bash isnt a badly skill, but the holy cross damage is better, and its doubled, haha.

Thats a good point about defender, but i do not know if it will be really necessary, at least, for now. 

@edit

And i remembered a good point, i can just maximize spear mastery and spear quicken, we have Neuralizers in the server, haha.

Edited by FIint, 13 August 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#5 fakezinhu666

fakezinhu666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

are you guys sure about Holy Cross dealing double damage with 2h spears? Isn't it only in renewal ?

Btw, do spear mastery increases its damage?

#6 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

are you guys sure about Holy Cross dealing double damage with 2h spears? Isn't it only in renewal ?

Btw, do spear mastery increases its damage?

In other revo-classic servers, it deals double damage with 2h spear. Don't see why Odin should be any different. Revo-classic is just renewal server restart from episode 1.

#7 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

In other revo-classic servers, it deals double damage with 2h spear. Don't see why Odin should be any different. Revo-classic is just renewal server restart from episode 1.

Welcome to Odin REStart how may we confuse you today?

#8 Boffs

Boffs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

Endure level 10 gives you 10 MDef, what means 10% freeze and stone curse resistance. 

#9 FIint

FIint

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

Endure level 10 gives you 10 MDef, what means 10% freeze and stone curse resistance. 

Indeed. But it is disabled on castles.

:p_sad:

#10 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:48 AM

Indeed. But it is disabled on castles.

:p_sad:

no, its not.

@ts

dont like your build, sorry =)

Edited by roflcopter123456, 14 August 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#11 FIint

FIint

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

no, its not.

@ts

Well, if endure still working on castles, i'll keep it lv 10

@build

There is no problem =)

Could you tell why u dont like it? And perhaps suggest any change?

Im thinking about decrease agi to lv 1. If i maximize spear mastery+spear quicken i will get 181~182 aspd, guess thats enought to give me easility to leveling.

After the leveling ends, i'll use a neuralizer to rebuild the skills.

Edited by FIint, 14 August 2017 - 02:15 AM.

#12 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

im not an expert in renewal but... sacrifice higher lvl benefit is range. dunno if lvl2 is enough. 99vit. well. seems to be a waste for me. as someone already said... swordmastery10...

mb1 is for status effects. its enough for woe. but you can use mb for lvling in lowlvls. gef1 - mob 50 spores - 1mb - lvlup xD thats how i did my swordy, used reset later... but its overbotted now im.

but i have no problem especially with your build. i just dont like these kind o character. but good in lvlin? i dont think so.

#13 FIint

FIint

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

im not an expert in renewal but... sacrifice higher lvl benefit is range. dunno if lvl2 is enough. 99vit. well. seems to be a waste for me. as someone already said... swordmastery10...

mb1 is for status effects. its enough for woe. but you can use mb for lvling in lowlvls. gef1 - mob 50 spores - 1mb - lvlup xD thats how i did my swordy, used reset later... but its overbotted now im.

but i have no problem especially with your build. i just dont like these kind o character. but good in lvlin? i dont think so.

You are totally right to say the sacrifice higher benefit is the range. Because of this im thinking about follow the complete spear skill tree, then use a neuralizer to fix my skills.

I think there is no problem to maximize mb, after all, i also like the skill to mob at low lvls.

I guess the only difference i'll find in another sader holy cross builds its the lower agi, but dont think this will become a problem to leveling.

Thanks for the support!

Edited by FIint, 14 August 2017 - 02:22 AM.

#14 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

about vit. i know 99 vit is needed for pala. but crusi? why? its not better having highdex to reduce devo casttime to make devo-emergency call or sth? sorry, i just know about old builds in classicmechanics ;)

Edited by roflcopter123456, 14 August 2017 - 02:43 AM.

#15 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:00 AM

no, its not.

@ts

make a swordsman on restart and check the skill...it says it is disabled in WoE.

in fact here is the exact description of the Endure skill from my level 60 swordsman;

Enables attacking and movement while receiving damage, but is automatically cancelled after skill duration or after caster is hit by 7 attacks. 10 sec cast delay. DISABLED IN WAR OF EMPERIUM.

The only thing you get out of Endure in WoE is the MDEF and that is it.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Crusader

that link should give you some help concerning Crusader builds

Edited by 3565150713142656837, 14 August 2017 - 06:06 AM.

#16 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:32 AM

We all know that endureeffect is disabled in WoE and you get 10 mdef from it at lvl10. Thats y you should get it.

so the skill is not disabled. its just limited for woe but its still worth top do it for woe cause 10 mdef is not that bad.

Edited by roflcopter123456, 14 August 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#17 FIint

FIint

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

make a swordsman on restart and check the skill...it says it is disabled in WoE.

in fact here is the exact description of the Endure skill from my level 60 swordsman;

Enables attacking and movement while receiving damage, but is automatically cancelled after skill duration or after caster is hit by 7 attacks. 10 sec cast delay. DISABLED IN WAR OF EMPERIUM.

The only thing you get out of Endure in WoE is the MDEF and that is it.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Crusader

that link should give you some help concerning Crusader builds

Well, i'll keep endure 10, hehehe.

Thanks for the link, i'll analyse some builds and see what i can do about my character.

@ALL

Thanks for the support guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users