LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Not sure if it is DDOS, but whatever the reason it is this is getting ridiculous. I was afk-leveling my geneticist's Homunculus S, and I happened to disconnected 3 times. Each time I logged back in, I noticed the number of players dropped to around 300-600. This is absurd, I already said that the only compensation I would ask for is a stable server in future, looks like they are unable and unwilling to provide such a minor compensation so far.

#5 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

this is wasting my supplies  time and sky fortress ticket, wtf WP

#6 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

yeah it's that Korean guy, he's the one doing this. There was a guy spamming similar trash threads over and over again in Korean on the forum just a week ago. How come nobody mention anything about this?

Edited by RogerKhan, 14 August 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#7 Pituitary

Pituitary

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:47 AM

RIP ET run

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

yeah it's that Korean ...mother .... He's the one doing this!!. I swear to god, there was a guy spamming similar trash threads over and over again in Korean on the forum just a week ago. How come nobody mention anything about this?!!! I don't understand, it's very obvious that the hacker is living in Korea.  It's that mother f...kre.  Do we have to accept reality that this problem will never go away??

txK5RdS.gif

#9 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

txK5RdS.gif

Lost control there lol. It just went on for way too long, and nothing seem to permanently fix it.

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:09 AM

DDOS attacks happened throughout the weekend, and sadly continue to today.

#11 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

Yeah definitely sad. And to think that this might be a permanent issue.

#12 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

Not sure if it is DDOS, but whatever the reason it is this is getting ridiculous. I was afk-leveling my geneticist's Homunculus S, and I happened to disconnected 3 times. Each time I logged back in, I noticed the number of players dropped to around 300-600. This is absurd, I already said that the only compensation I would ask for is a stable server in future, looks like they are unable and unwilling to provide such a minor compensation so far.

If it really is a DDoS, like it was more recently, are you really so uninformed that you think they can permanently stop it?

Ok with the post from camp, it's not an if anymore.

I get that people are upset. Even outright angry. But no matter how much they WANT to make it "stable" there's only so much that can be done about a DDoS.

Edited by Ispano, 14 August 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#13 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

i'm beginning to accept a new RNG to this game which is DDoS attack. Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't.  :yawn:

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

DDoS or not but I've been getting D/C a lot lately. I think Odin is over botted and it affects Chaos lol

#15 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

ok just refund my vip please.

#16 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

ok just refund my vip please.

lol

#17 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

I also cannot connect to patch server and can only access the website through VPN. This really sucks for free vip weekend.

Edited by Kuurus, 14 August 2017 - 11:53 AM.

#18 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

If it really is a DDoS, like it was more recently, are you really so uninformed that you think they can permanently stop it?

Ok with the post from camp, it's not an if anymore.

I get that people are upset. Even outright angry. But no matter how much they WANT to make it "stable" there's only so much that can be done about a DDoS.

You are right, my words were a bit too strong. I never complained about the DCs before, just I was a bit shocked that it has been 2 weeks and the issue was still unresolved. Just this makes me pessimistic about the future of this server, I wont leave no matter what but some ppls will get fed up and go away. WP needs to make money, the loss of paying players will be disastrous for them. I hope WP will solve the problem and find a way to stick together, but it is business and you cant be in the business when making a loss. The longer the DDOS persists, the more it worries me about the future of this server.

#19 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

You are right, my words were a bit too strong. I never complained about the DCs before, just I was a bit shocked that it has been 2 weeks and the issue was still unresolved. Just this makes me pessimistic about the future of this server, I wont leave no matter what but some ppls will get fed up and go away. WP needs to make money, the loss of paying players will be disastrous for them. I hope WP will solve the problem and find a way to stick together, but it is business and you cant be in the business when making a loss. The longer the DDOS persists, the more it worries me about the future of this server.

Yup, this is the problem that most don't see. People not realizing that WP literally cannot do much more than they already are. And what they already are doing is likely costing them quite a hefty chunk of change. Most of it because they don't actually understand what's happening. Which then leads to people to stop supporting the company, ie it's a lose-lose situation for WP, and one they can't much more about either.

https://www.reddit.c...panies/d62rotm/

A post on a thread I found about what can happen in these situations. For websites and similar, you can use cloud services like AWS or Cloudflare. But before anyone brings it up, you can't use something like that for an MMO server. There's way to much data that would have to be cloned INSTANTLY for it to work. Primarily because MMOs work in near realtime. This is why a DDoS is so disturbingly effective against one.

I just want people to understand what they're complaining about. Think about how it feels when you have someone complaing to you about something in your field, you know they're wrong, but they don't care. You can't do anything about the problem, or not as much as they'd like and it's already costing your company to do that.

One of those things, until it happens to them, they won't make the effort to really understand I guess.

Edited by Ispano, 14 August 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#20 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

Isn't it Korea which jails people for cyber crime? Can they legally punish these punks for DDOSing? Jail time is deserved.

#21 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Isn't it Korea which jails people for cyber crime? Can they legally punish these punks for DDOSing? Jail time is deserved.

Can't jail someone when you have no way of knowing who or where they are. The devices sending the packets in the botnet, be them zombie computers or other home devices, are not owned by the people starting the attack. Finding the person who started it is as much of a pain, if not more, than defending against the DDoS in the first place.

Edited by Ispano, 14 August 2017 - 02:26 PM.

#22 pedrocombo

pedrocombo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

yeah it's that Korean guy, he's the one doing this. There was a guy spamming similar trash threads over and over again in Korean on the forum just a week ago. How come nobody mention anything about this?

I wonder what did his posts said hehee

Edited by pedrocombo, 14 August 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#23 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:42 PM

maybe a request for extended 4 days vip would be a nice compensation again? its my last day of vip so maybe extend?7huehuehue im not done yet my plans in my alt accounts so i need that 4days again im so close for the 110 level on my ranger go go go WP

#24 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

I wonder what did his posts said hehee

I can't read what it said either but each threads have a huge ass paragraph in Korean which seem be to be a bunch of random email addresses. It seems like he was attempting to crash the forum by manually posting the same -_- over and over again. After about 15 minutes, those threads had been all removed by the staff. The most surprising thing for me was nobody talk about it like nothing happen. It could just be some random Korean guy trying to get attention ,but I personally think that guy is the DDOS attacker. I don't see any other reason why someone would do that.

Edited by RogerKhan, 14 August 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#25 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

me: I'm too busy suspecting private servers, but yeah, can we check it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users