#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

`

Edited by Fuuton, 20 January 2019 - 11:12 AM.

#2 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

haha paul...exposed........LOLOL

#3 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

This is a very wonderful guide Fuuton! I would also like to add that my mechanic can also survive down there gtb-less.

#4 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:41 AM

This is a very wonderful guide Fuuton! I would also like to add that my mechanic can also survive down there gtb-less.

thanks Marty, feel free to add a mech guide and i'll edit it into this if you're up for it?

edit: man i actually want to see a video of that. if you're ever bored...

Edited by Fuuton, 15 August 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#5 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:41 AM

Gold farms, iron or steel, coal my instincts tell me

dungeon and dragons lifestyle really turned u players

into ravenous cavemen.

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:45 AM

So you are practically saying that, the only way to do this is to use a Sorcerer? Neither Warlocks nor any physical classes like RK/GX/Geneticists/Rangers can do it? In other words, one should stop reading if he/she doesnt have a Sorcerer character?

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 15 August 2017 - 04:47 AM.

#7 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:50 AM

what to do, stone skin messes up physical classes in there  :ok:

#8 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

So you are practically saying that, the only way to do this is to use a Sorcerer? Neither Warlocks nor any physical classes like RK/GX/Geneticists/Rangers can do it? In other words, one should stop reading if he/she doesnt have a Sorcerer character?

i hate to say it but sorcs are the best farming characters for GS if we're talking DPS and spammability. i have seen RK wreck GS too, but those were early days. i think those RK either switched to sorcs or just stopped farming or quit, but it can be done. i don't know the specific gear setup but the basics are similar. you definitely should not stop reading because the basics are what you need to expand upon into your own style. its free knowledge should you wish to use it as a base to push the currently known limits.

#9 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:56 AM

i hate to say it but sorcs are the best farming characters for GS if we're talking DPS and spammability. i have seen RK wreck GS too, but those were early days. i think those RK either switched to sorcs or just stopped farming or quit, but it can be done. i don't know the specific gear setup but the basics are similar. you definitely should not stop reading because the basics are what you need to expand upon into your own style. its free knowledge should you wish to use it as a base to push the currently known limits.

I see. Yeah spammability is important here, Warlocks hit harder than Sorcerers per cast, but do not have spammable skills like Sorcerers do. Other physical classes, umm, guess they are nullified by Stone Skin. You mentioned RK, perhaps Dragon Breath's damage formula isnt affected by Stone Skin? Has anyone tested and confirmed this, or the other way around? If I get my gf to play this game, I will make her play Sorcerer, then the guide will be a lot more useful for me. :D

#10 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:12 AM

Solid advice.

Respect for sharing.

This kind of approach is what IRo is all about.

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:12 AM

thanks Marty, feel free to add a mech guide and i'll edit it into this if you're up for it?

edit: man i actually want to see a video of that. if you're ever bored...

Im never up for anything, laziness is my specialty lololol.

I might just make a video on that actually.....mind you though it kills slowly, just that it can mob alot in one go.

#12 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

I would rebuke you for taking away one of my few money making options, but since 16.1 robes are a better alternative for zenymaking, and I know that this is not an easy stunt to pull even with a guide, congratulations for the guide. It's easier to survive there on a Warlock, because we have cheaper and more accessible elemental resistant gears, but the farm is less efficient because Dispell dispells memorized spells, and CR Cooldown sucks.

#13 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

\m/

#14 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

I would rebuke you for taking away one of my few money making options, but since 16.1 robes are a better alternative for zenymaking, and I know that this is not an easy stunt to pull even with a guide, congratulations for the guide. It's easier to survive there on a Warlock, because we have cheaper and more accessible elemental resistant gears, but the farm is less efficient because Dispell dispells memorized spells, and CR Cooldown sucks.

Once Bio5 gets implemented it will start being a little bit more easier for WLs to decently farm this kind of dungeons, then again it's gonna take some time to do so. I've personally tried it both on Sorc and WL and i have to admit it was definetely easier doing it on Sorc because of the spammability, WL damage was awesome yes but in the CD time it was hard to deal with the GS remaining or that had spawn around the dead mob

Edit: This was done before many of the current OCPs 

Edited by Gabrielr04, 15 August 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#15 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

-------------------------------------------
there is debate among farmers about whether or not gold scarabs are "boss" types or not. i have personally tested a royal shield VS insect shield and i take more damage from using a royal; less from using insect (abysmal knight and bigfoot cards). i have looked at the main websites that list whether or not monsters have a 'boss' tag on them, and every single site has listed all forms of gold scarab without the boss tag. there is only one monster in GS dungeon with a boss tag listed, and that is the huge red version of a normal scarab... which also roams the GS dungeon and drops normal scarab cards. again, this has been the only monster listed as "boss" that i have seen. all other monsters are listed normally. for this reason, i suggest using a
--------------------------------------------

Wrong, just tested again to be sure, but they see a GX when using exceed cloak, so they are most certainly boss type, Alice card all the way.

Also soul linkers would only be useful if you have GTB, since it would prevent the dispel and kahhi would remain on.

Mostly right about everything else though :heh:

#16 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

If they weren't, any spell would wreck you when you use Alice Card, because of the increased damage from non-boss monsters.

Also, that furious scaraba is the only one that is NOT boss besides the eggs.

So, well, why not? Here are the basic gears for farming with a Warlock. You can add them to your guide if you want, Fuuton.

*Earth Armor (pref Hero Magic Coat with Sandman card, no need for a Flattery Robe);

*Golden Rod everything that you can except staff (but you can take one item at a time to know which is the best damage dealt x damage taken - irrc, last time I went there I only used 2 accessories);

*Alice Shield, pref Immune Shield;

*Flame FAW - not needed, but will greatly increase the efficiency;

*+9 or greater OBMH of Fire - When Bio 5 hats come, they might make Warlock's efficiency on par with Sorcerer's.

*Giearth Card on mid headgear. Mine is on Hexagon Spectacles, so the Mob Scarf combo is completely needless.

*If you can't keep FCP on all the time, just relog when they divest you.

If you can one-shot them with a non-amped Crimson Rock, and survive a Level 20 Thunder Storm, you can do it, else you can't.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 15 August 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#17 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Wrong, just tested again to be sure, but they see a GX when using exceed cloak, so they are most certainly boss type, Alice card all the way.

Also soul linkers would only be useful if you have GTB, since it would prevent the dispel and kahhi would remain on.

Mostly right about everything else though :heh:

you know i never thought to once test that -_-

i just went off of the information sites and the royal shield test and i swear i was taking more auto attack dmg with a royal than an insect.. but now that i think about it the royal was a valk shield and the insect is an immune shield.. i may have been experiencing that extra resist from the immune. but i was indeed surviving and mobbing hardcore with this setup despite that. but i will edit this anyway, thanks freeze.

@ku thanks much for the warlock setup, i'll edit to include this as well! i wonder... was that your warlock in that 4-man combo when the dungeon was first out?

#18 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

If they weren't, any spell would wreck you when you use Alice Card, because of the increased damage from non-boss monsters.

Also, that furious scaraba is the only one that is NOT boss besides the eggs.

So, well, why not? Here are the basic gears for farming with a Warlock. You can add them to your guide if you want, Fuuton.

*Earth Armor (pref Hero Magic Coat with Sandman card, no need for a Flattery Robe);

*Golden Rod everything that you can except staff (but you can take one item at a time to know which is the best damage dealt x damage taken - irrc, last time I went there I only used 2 accessories);

*Alice Shield, pref Immune Shield;

*Flame FAW - not needed, but will greatly increase the efficiency;

*+9 or greater OBMH of Fire - When Bio 5 hats come, they might make Warlock's efficiency on par with Sorcerer's.

*Giearth Card on mid headgear. Mine is on Hexagon Spectacles, so the Mob Scarf combo is completely needless.

*If you can't keep FCP on all the time, just relog when they divest you.

If you can one-shot them with a non-amped Crimson Rock, and survive a Level 20 Thunder Storm, you can do it, else you can't.

wrong armor...........

well u still not know why we using wind armor for farm in there..........!

u can try between earth armor n wind armor+earthproof pot

Edited by StunTosMati, 15 August 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#19 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

yeah i definitely still prefer wind armor over earth armor since you can stack the earthproof pots and not take any extra damage

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

Fuu, no, I wasn't playing in iRO when that dungeon came out. XD

wrong armor...........

well u still not know why we using wind armor for farm in there..........!

u can try between earth armor n wind armor+earthproof pot

Why wrong armor? We can have 45% wind resist from accs and shoes, plus the damage reduction from Alice Card and possibly Immune Shield. Why the heck would I want to take more damage from their Heaven's Drive?

EDIT: Just to mention, I have tried wind armor with earthproof pots before, and died more with this setup than with Earth Armor.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 15 August 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#21 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

Can I do this on a 133 sorc? :) I'm just too lame to level. It's doable on rk with the right gears and I managed getting a few cards, but still 10x harder and I stopped soon as I realized I was wasting my gum time aftet watching sorc replays :u

#22 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

Can I do this on a 133 sorc? :) I'm just too lame to level. It's doable on rk with the right gears and I managed getting a few cards, but still 10x harder and I stopped soon as I realized I was wasting my gum time aftet watching sorc replays :u

i think the earliest i've ever went into this dungeon is 147 or 148 with my first sorc? i dont even actually know if there's a requirement or not since you unlock it the moment you unlock normal scarab dungeon lvl 2. i think someone would have to probably test the level requirement.

as for survival.. i would guess it would be rough as hell on a sorc that low unless your gears are all +12 or higher or you're packin gtb

#23 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:22 AM

What if Etran Shirt / spirit king rings / kafra blossom cards are not an option ?

Regards

#24 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:17 AM

What if Etran Shirt / spirit king rings / kafra blossom cards are not an option ?

Regards

Then use GTB.

Spoiler

#25 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:09 AM

Obviously GTB is not an option either :)

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users