60 replies to this topic

#26 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

What if Etran Shirt / spirit king rings / kafra blossom cards are not an option ?

Regards

if you dont have access to a deviant etran (DRE) or gtb, then you want to avoid using any deviling-carded garments entirely. gtb nulls magic, and etran removes dr's negative penalty, which magic your mdef situation less of a nightmare. if you use a DR by itself you're going to take insane damage and drop immediately.

your next best option if you dont have these gears at the moment is to use 2x RWC pendants with double spell enchants. grab a +9 FAW with spell enchants and a raydric card. you could allocate either 2x zerom cards, 2 (normal) scarab cards, or a phen card and one zerom/scarab into your pendants.

the entire point is to use the dungeon's cards as a form of upgrading your gears. each piece of new gear lets you mob just a little bit more than you previously could. find a card, make some zeny get some new gear go back at it.

also there is one other thing that i find interesting. if you can kill super quick, then survival doesnt matter as much anymore. im at a point where, when FCP runs out and maybe i havent made it back to the entrance yet and im now at risk of getting dispelled/divested/broken gear, i dont have to worry as much because all scarabs drop within the first 3 hits of psywave's 7-hit attack without runaway being active. they pose less of a chance of even getting near me enough to do those things... because of damage.

if survival gear is a problem, then attempt switching to damage gear. if you can pass a certain 'invisible cusp' of damage:survival ratio, then it is actually possible to live without fcp. so far i think i've managed to go for about 3minutes and change without FCP so i know its doable.. although you live with a certain fear while leveling that 'damn it could happen to me anytime'.

i hate to say it but this guide is really meant for the middle-upper class players of the game. i mean.. its meant for anyone overall but only that tier of players would be capable of affording the necessary gears to go at it (outside of RMT). not only that but its a guide meant to teach people to mob the dungeon hardcore, so its hard for me to recommend cheaper gear because the dungeon's difficulty level actually requires you to come out swingin', so to speak. you want to mob as much as possible so your card chance and money intake is increased and for that, you really need what's listed.

#27 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

Can I do this on a 133 sorc? :) I'm just too lame to level. It's doable on rk with the right gears and I managed getting a few cards, but still 10x harder and I stopped soon as I realized I was wasting my gum time aftet watching sorc replays :u

I forget, did you have Eddga or only GTB? If you do have Eddga, you'll be extremely efficient on that map as soon as you get instant cast or close to instant cast Diamond Dust. Just kite 24/7 and you won't need a single defensive gear. You've probably seen the video I uploaded!

#28 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Edited by StunTosMati, 17 August 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#29 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

What if Etran Shirt / spirit king rings / kafra blossom cards are not an option ?

Regards

if you dont have access to a deviant etran (DRE) or gtb, then you want to avoid using any deviling-carded garments entirely. gtb nulls magic, and etran removes dr's negative penalty, which magic your mdef situation less of a nightmare. if you use a DR by itself you're going to take insane damage and drop immediately.

your next best option if you dont have these gears at the moment is to use 2x RWC pendants with double spell enchants. grab a +9 FAW with spell enchants and a raydric card. you could allocate either 2x zerom cards, 2 (normal) scarab cards, or a phen card and one zerom/scarab into your pendants.

the entire point is to use the dungeon's cards as a form of upgrading your gears. each piece of new gear lets you mob just a little bit more than you previously could. find a card, make some zeny get some new gear go back at it.

also there is one other thing that i find interesting. if you can kill super quick, then survival doesnt matter as much anymore. im at a point where, when FCP runs out and maybe i havent made it back to the entrance yet and im now at risk of getting dispelled/divested/broken gear, i dont have to worry as much because all scarabs drop within the first 3 hits of psywave's 7-hit attack without runaway being active. they pose less of a chance of even getting near me enough to do those things... because of damage.

if survival gear is a problem, then attempt switching to damage gear. if you can pass a certain 'invisible cusp' of damage:survival ratio, then it is actually possible to live without fcp. so far i think i've managed to go for about 3minutes and change without FCP so i know its doable.. although you live with a certain fear while leveling that 'damn it could happen to me anytime'.

i hate to say it but this guide is really meant for the middle-upper class players of the game. i mean.. its meant for anyone overall but only that tier of players would be capable of affording the necessary gears to go at it (outside of RMT). not only that but its a guide meant to teach people to mob the dungeon hardcore, so its hard for me to recommend cheaper gear because the dungeon's difficulty level actually requires you to come out swingin', so to speak. you want to mob as much as possible so your card chance and money intake is increased and for that, you really need what's listed.

What about Immune Hero Cape +10 or higher?

#30 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

bonislav is from euRO/fRO so no OCP gears for him unfortunately.

#31 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

bonislav is from euRO/fRO so no OCP gears for him unfortunately.

Or alternatively, he could just quit euRO and play on iRO. I always wonder why they did not merge iRO(Chaos) with euRO, both servers are in English and the population aint overcrowded.

#32 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

I forget, did you have Eddga or only GTB? If you do have Eddga, you'll be extremely efficient on that map as soon as you get instant cast or close to instant cast Diamond Dust. Just kite 24/7 and you won't need a single defensive gear. You've probably seen the video I uploaded!

actually i ditched a bryn and antiknockback altogether. flattery robe = endure. why bother with eddgas when you can spam endure, kite, and still have runaway?

#33 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

actually i ditched a bryn and antiknockback altogether. flattery robe = endure. why bother with eddgas when you can spam endure, kite, and still have runaway?

I just default a Tao there for more SP when casting Indulge because I'm lazy to swap, and they don't knockback if you constantly kite. And Endure doesn't hold a candle to Eddga. Runaway Magic isn't too useful either when you 2 shot with DD.

#34 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

oh i know without a doubt, but cost wise i mean. its much easier to obtain a flattery robe than it is an eddga.. and even though you have to actively spam endure the delay isnt too bad if you're kiting. i generally only get caught in hitlock for about 1-2 seconds after using endure while kiting but the mob has to be huge for that to happen since i roam around on a halter anyway.

i did at one point want to make eddga bangungots though.. perma agi + endure in that map would be nice with 2 shotting. just a nice gear overall honestly. but the reason i still choose to use runaway is because when it procs off i one shot everything now and 2 shot normally with DD. psywaves drop from 3 hits to 2 killing everything. having endure lets me mob 20+ bugs easily without death or worry. using the flattery is what changed this (came close with the mob scarf edition but it wasnt enough).

its all about your own situational gear stacking though. not everyone has access to this or that.

Ku this actually looks like a great substitute. stacking a ray card gives 45% total? 5% shy of a dr card's 50% neutral resist. its basically like wearing just the positive side of a dr card and nothing else except the flee. i havent tried it personally, but i will recommend this anyway as garment potential.

Edited by Fuuton, 17 August 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#35 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

oh i know without a doubt, but cost wise i mean. its much easier to obtain a flattery robe than it is an eddga.. and even though you have to actively spam endure the delay isnt too bad if you're kiting. i generally only get caught in hitlock for about 1-2 seconds after using endure while kiting but the mob has to be huge for that to happen since i roam around on a halter anyway.

i did at one point want to make eddga bangungots though.. perma agi + endure in that map would be nice with 2 shotting. just a nice gear overall honestly. but the reason i still choose to use runaway is because when it procs off i one shot everything now and 2 shot normally with DD. psywaves drop from 3 hits to 2 killing everything. having endure lets me mob 20+ bugs easily without death or worry. using the flattery is what changed this (came close with the mob scarf edition but it wasnt enough).

its all about your own situational gear stacking though. not everyone has access to this or that.

Lol, definitely. Cheaper by about 49b with the price Demeris is currently buying one for!

You should look into using Authoritative Badges, I didn't see them mentioned in the first post. They increase movement speed, can't be Dispeled, and can be used with GTB equipped.

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

And they negate Agi down movement speed reduction too :)

#37 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

dont they also drop relatively easy? ..sohee i think?

EDIT: i will add these into the list of items for OP, thanks ya'll

E2: i just realized the reason i never used these is because back in the day they only lasted like 10-15 seconds ahahaha. at some point they increased the time limit and i never did hear about it.

Edited by Fuuton, 17 August 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#38 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

did it really used to last that short?
As far as my memory of RO goes, since way back then a decade ago it was this time, only if that was like on beta/eps 2/3

#39 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

it has been like 9 years since i popped an A.badge shuck lmao. i remember the first time i popped the duration was so short i was like "omg never using this again".. so i really have no clue when this was changed. that's crazy O_O

#40 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

And they negate Agi down movement speed reduction too :)

They don't negate the agi down movement speed reduction, but their duration is pretty decent (Around 3 minutes or so) so they're worth the shot

#41 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

They don't negate the agi down movement speed reduction, but their duration is pretty decent (Around 3 minutes or so) so they're worth the shot

They cast agi up, so its not negating but just dispelling the agi down with an agi up. Not immunity, just recovery.

#42 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

Actually, it's speed increment stacks with agi down's speed decrease. So it's similar to normal movespeed when both effects are active.

#43 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Yes, the main reason i'm asking all these questions is i'm on euRO and we don't have crazy gears [and probably never will] like:

Etran

Enchantable FAW

Spirit King Rings

Kafra Blossom Card

Mob Scarf

The best gears would be

Weapon TSOD 

Upper: Skull cap / Zaha Doll

Mid: Black Devil Mask with Gierath

Lower: bubblegum

Garment: GGSS 3xINT

Acc : RWC Pendants 

Armor: Hero Magic Coat

Temp Dex Boots

Alice Shield Valk or  Aeon

So i'm fine with not mobbing 20 bugs at once. I guess the gear i mentioned should be sufficient for mobbing smaller packs.

Regards

#44 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

in that case a raydric GFSS with INT enchants would be your best shot. You still get HP from GFSS and the 20% neutral reduction.

#45 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

you'd also do better with a cigarette for the 3% dmg reduction from insects. its small but it helps. chewing gum is ok if you cant yet afford to gum nonstop though.

#46 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Haven't tried with sorc yet :u I went there with rk and it was really nasty

#47 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, wouldn't DB RK handle this dungeon well ?

Regards

#48 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:01 AM

i've seen some DB RK in there.. except they have to deal with this so i dont know how that works out.

unknown.png

unknown.png

You would think defending aura + stone skin would be a nightmare for DB RK, but if you've got powerhouse gear then you may be able to push through it idk.

#49 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:28 AM

if you can have the best gear avaiable for DB rk, its very probable that you can have ok ish gears for casters and be many times more efficient than RK there :v

#50 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

i need to upload my Mech down there........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users