August 16th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 16th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

135 replies to this topic

#26 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Just spoke with my neighbor down the street, same ISP as me, obviously different DHCP IPs from our ISP, though.  He's able to get in with no problems whatsoever ...  Why can't warpportal or their IT admins get sh** straightened out?  I don't understand the difficulty of doing this job.

We got hit with 50+ ddos attack attempts over the weekend and are still getting hit. As long as the attacks continue the network will remain strained and mitigation will continue.

#27 tommy31

tommy31

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

We got hit with 50+ ddos attack attempts over the weekend and are still getting hit. As long as the attacks continue the network will remain strained and mitigation will continue.

Understandable, Camp.  But why can't my IP, and IP addresses of others that aren't attacking, be unblocked or set as a "known-good" IP address so it doesn't get blocked during these attacks.  This isn't the first time it's happened to my account.  During that week-long attack I was unable to log in, so apparently they think my account/IP as part of the attacks.  As I'm sure you can imagine, it's extremely frustrating to spend $70 in two months of this server being open and have the pain of being able to play < 50% of when I'm able to play (Literal percentage, as I work shift-work and RO seems to mostly be down on the night/day cycle I'm home).

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

Understandable, Camp.  But why can't my IP, and IP addresses of others that aren't attacking, be unblocked or set as a "known-good" IP address so it doesn't get blocked during these attacks.  This isn't the first time it's happened to my account.  During that week-long attack I was unable to log in, so apparently they think my account/IP as part of the attacks.  As I'm sure you can imagine, it's extremely frustrating to spend $70 in two months of this server being open and have the pain of being able to play < 50% of when I'm able to play (Literal percentage, as I work shift-work and RO seems to mostly be down on the night/day cycle I'm home).

There are several reasons, it could be that the DNS you are using forgot we existed. If you are using a proxy is could be black listed. (Please see here: https://forums.warpp...y-issues-ddos/)

You could also submit a ticket asking for your IP to be double checked and make sure its not blocked. I think I heard that the GMs were doing that.

The gears are grinding on more long term solutions besides more mitigation but I don't know much besides that the paper work is happening. 

#29 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:34 PM

its a clone of the normal single slot shield, buckler, and guard. Just with the sprite of the MB,

That would be a lot better if the Mad Buddy Shield was just a Costume.

#30 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:45 PM

We reach 10k bots soon. When will you solve the botproblem? new players cant levelup their chars cause lowlvlareas are completely overcrowded with bots. you lose lots of cash and players right now.

We understand about being frustrating about bots but please DO NOT spread false info

- Newbies can still level up, mandragoras and some maps are not crowded by bots because there is no valuable drops for botters but the loots still make few zeny for newbies. Even for training grounds alone you can just talk to NPC in middle and move to area 2 to 5 which bots only bother in area 1....Research the maps and play by your own pace... Most guides will misleading you for builds and levelings because you will be assumed to competing and dealing with bots.... This is same as zeny farming too, you don't need to farm Thara Frog cards like idiots and slapped by bots to farm zeny....

- WP didn't lose profit because even botters can spare $5 to WP for VIP and cheap kafra shop items... I don't think real players means people who spent $1000 for this game...

- Making party in this server is still easier than Chaos server at this moment when I played. It's completely wrong if you say the server is dying or losing players.... I agree if server being dominated by bots but you really never experience the real condition of "Server Dying" when I've played classic Loki and Thor server...

Edited by Exvee, 15 August 2017 - 04:46 PM.

#31 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

can magma dungeon 1 and 2 be put on another map server? its pretty bad for the majority of the day

#32 Refuze2lose

Refuze2lose

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

Can you guys do something about the lag in magma dungeon. At points during the day the map is unplayable due to lag. Might be because people have been tp'ing tons of random bots to juno, maybe not. Is there anything you guys can do, like maybe move the map server to one that lags less.

#33 Die4weasely

Die4weasely

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

We understand about being frustrating about bots but please DO NOT spread false info

- Newbies can still level up, mandragoras and some maps are not crowded by bots because there is no valuable drops for botters but the loots still make few zeny for newbies. Even for training grounds alone you can just talk to NPC in middle and move to area 2 to 5 which bots only bother in area 1....Research the maps and play by your own pace... Most guides will misleading you for builds and levelings because you will be assumed to competing and dealing with bots.... This is same as zeny farming too, you don't need to farm Thara Frog cards like idiots and slapped by bots to farm zeny....

- WP didn't lose profit because even botters can spare $5 to WP for VIP and cheap kafra shop items... I don't think real players means people who spent $1000 for this game...

Would you be so kind to share warpportals profits for ragnarok restart or is your information just best guess like the person you shot down? Zeny farmers generator new accounts automatically so I highly doubt they put VIP on them. But maybe you put VIP on your bots.

I'm also glad you gave other suggested areas for low level players to level but i personally think people shouldn't have to sacrifice leveling where they would obtain more experience or high zeny turn over because of the bot problem. But you don't want real people on the same map as your bots now do you!

#34 YSaffari

YSaffari

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

i keep on disconnecting. whats wrong with this server?

#35 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

- Making party in this server is still easier than Chaos server at this moment when I played. It's completely wrong if you say the server is dying or losing players.... I agree if server being dominated by bots but you really never experience the real condition of "Server Dying" when I've played classic Loki and Thor server...

- you cant lvl up at mandragoras till job50

- every normal player will spend more than 5$ in his ro-career so yes they lose money. 5$ is not even 1 month vip....

- many player on this server already start to quit because of the situation. read forums. many new player deinstall after some minutes because of bots. so we lose players. thats no discussion its a simple fact.

#36 Kamona

Kamona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Re:Start (Odin)

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

Bots are a problem.
But how is it hard to lvl up with bots on the map ?
Many maps have instant respawn and it's "really" easy to level up.
And I say it as a newbie on Odin.

But yes, bot is a problem, though I doubt complaining about it HERE will change anything.
But it's worth having it mentionned a bit everywhere, just so it's not forgotten.

(Although I highly doubt it'll be forgotten).

By the way.
Have a nice day everybody :3

#37 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

Not adding new headgears to the silvervine npc? :(

#38 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:02 AM

Would you be so kind to share warpportals profits for ragnarok restart or is your information just best guess like the person you shot down? Zeny farmers generator new accounts automatically so I highly doubt they put VIP on them. But maybe you put VIP on your bots.

I'm also glad you gave other suggested areas for low level players to level but i personally think people shouldn't have to sacrifice leveling where they would obtain more experience or high zeny turn over because of the bot problem. But you don't want real people on the same map as your bots now do you!

I'm not talking about WP needs $10000 profit but there are simply few people that can invest thousand $$ regardless there are bot problems or not....

and when I'm talking this I'M NOT USING BOTS to level and farm zeny.... I'm using map sources when it's not best EXP/zeny gain but thanks to bots the map become better to conveniently play and make profit because no one sells it (even botters) and I can just sell some drops high price....

- you cant lvl up at mandragoras till job50

- every normal player will spend more than 5$ in his ro-career so yes they lose money. 5$ is not even 1 month vip....

- many player on this server already start to quit because of the situation. read forums. many new player deinstall after some minutes because of bots. so we lose players. thats no discussion its a simple fact.

I'm not mentioning mandragoras as the only leveling map and newbies shouldn't expect 10 mil zeny or 1 hour to 2nd class unless they pay for VIP. You don't want walk with gangsters in the road then avoid their usual spots. Now assume that with bots while you can report them to police...

What player numbers you expect? It seems you want tRO's 20k players that causing many server's problem... I'm not whining player numbers unless there is no community activities which only concerning on old servers for iRO... The only thing that caused people over-stating server dying is because it affects the server's economy and you don't want your free WPE/zeny/any kind of RMT sources gone because of player's number...

#39 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

Its cute to see how people defend WP. They have only few people, awwww. WP has no money. Awwww. Poor WP *pat*. They are so poor have limited ressources. T_T. As if. Rofl. Im sure its a profitable company trying to build as many cashcows as possible while offering cheapest limited support.

on weekends? its like dead here. at night? the same. they take 24/7 your money but dont offer support during this time.

its p2w with subscription mode. so they have maximum cash. so its time now to invest some money in support, botprotection and GM-Staff. Maybe they didnt expect so many players, but now its time to act...

You are a paying customer. Stop beeing a believer....

#40 Nightseph

Nightseph

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:36 AM

Please Fix the abnormal lag in the Ayothaya Island maps

#41 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:36 AM

Its cute to see how people defend WP. They have only few people, awwww. WP has no money. Awwww. Poor WP *pat*. They are so poor have limited ressources. T_T. As if. Rofl. Im sure its a profitable company trying to build as many cashcows as possible while offering cheapest limited support.

on weekends? its like dead here. at night? the same. they take 24/7 your money but dont offer support during this time.

its p2w with subscription mode. so they have maximum cash. so its time now to invest some money in support, botprotection and GM-Staff. Maybe they didnt expect so many players, but now its time to act...

You are a paying customer. Stop beeing a believer....

At least on my post I'm not even defending WP. It's more about why people still expect WP can do something that will satisfy players.. Especially it's not fair if Odin server magically can solve bot problem while old servers are not...

Just think about my position when I've tried almost all servers era but only donating fair amounts (maybe around $100-$200 total for 4-5 months with just VIP/cheap kafra shop) because WP is not much different than when I'm still newbie in RO years ago... I probably not veteran players that played RO since 2004 but I know more about WP for years..... When WP announce this server, old players are debating against it already and our predictions are more and less 90% correct...

#42 ratinhow

ratinhow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Rio de Janeiro

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:39 AM

Hi fellas o/
Everybody knows RO is a dead game, why did u still complain about that?
Restart is just a new server that a broken company launched to make some profits. Nothing is gonna change this is a 10+ years game free to play, this is not WoW. Gravity is not Blizzard, Just accepted the fact that bots will continue. GMs will not do their easy job (just check maps and help some people, literally a nine year old child can do).
Futherwise this gonna be more p2w server, like all the rest.
Quit or accept, let GMs/CM or someone else pretend they are doing their job and we pretend we believe.

Peace

#43 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:45 AM

At least on my post I'm not even defending WP. It's more about why people still expect WP can do something that will satisfy players.. Especially it's not fair if Odin server magically can solve bot problem while old servers are not...

Just think about my position when I've tried almost all servers era but only donating fair amounts (maybe around $100-$200 total for 4-5 months with just VIP/cheap kafra shop) because WP is not much different than when I'm still newbie in RO years ago... I probably not veteran players that played RO since 2004 but I know more about WP for years..... When WP announce this server, old players are debating against it already and our predictions are more and less 90% correct...

What you misunderstood is that botproblem is as far as i know.... iroexclusive. On the officials i played on we didnt have these problems. When you started botting expect to be banned after a couple of hours.

Its no excuse to fail since 2004. Do you really expect we say "hey wp you fail since 2004, so it would be unfair to expect you will solve problems one day?... lol.

Edited by roflcopter123456, 16 August 2017 - 04:46 AM.

#44 PedroRoscoe

PedroRoscoe

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:46 AM

Please fix the lag at magma dungeon...for like 10 days only bots are able to lvl there.

Also, please fix the Majoruros spawn at gl_dun02...

#45 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:50 AM

Hi fellas o/
Everybody knows RO is a dead game, why did u still complain about that?
Restart is just a new server that a broken company launched to make some profits. Nothing is gonna change this is a 10+ years game free to play, this is not WoW. Gravity is not Blizzard, Just accepted the fact that bots will continue. GMs will not do their easy job (just check maps and help some people, literally a nine year old child can do).
Futherwise this gonna be more p2w server, like all the rest.
Quit or accept, let GMs/CM or someone else pretend they are doing their job and we pretend we believe.

Peace

no, y? maybe thats how you do. accept things. so i wont quit and i wont accept. ill continue complaining as long until it gets fixed.

they were announcing first step of botprotection next week. we'll see....

#46 ratinhow

ratinhow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:06 AM

no, y? maybe thats how you do. accept things. so i wont quit and i wont accept. ill continue complaining as long until it gets fixed.

they were announcing first step of botprotection next week. we'll see....

You seem like a good person, i really hope you're happy person, and really hope something changes, but let be honest with ourselves, when did u see anything change in cases like that, a company likes WarpPortal doesn't give a foda about this things, they made some profit in the past, now made some, and eventually they will launch another game, will make some profit and life's go on.

If they wanted change things, they would have already done it. 

And i don't want to fight with u,  just respect u, and hope u remain a good boy.

They would have already done it

#47 mokopoko

mokopoko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:21 AM

So....Sage is coming after today's maintance? or...?

#48 ratinhow

ratinhow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

So....Sage is coming after today's maintance? or...?

Updates:

• Path to 2-2 Classes
    • Before we can start releasing 2-2 Classes we need to get WoE going. Currently the process is as follows:
      • WoE Test pt 2 (Announcement Soon)
      • Fix issues with WoE
      • WoE Launch
      • Launch Sage

#49 arfarf

arfarf

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

IRO RESTART Maintenance

August 16th 11:00pm - 3:00pm PDT

Fixes:

• VIP Compensation: we're going to ask the billing team to attempt another add. The target is this weekend. 
  • Distributing the Event WoE participation prize. 
  • Mad Bunny Shield Event
    • Small chance to slot any Buckler, Guard, or Shield into a slotted Mad Bunny looking shield with the same stats using silvervine.
    • Flat rate to turn any slotted Buckler, Guard, or Shield into a slotted Mad Bunny looking shield with the same stats using silvervine.

Updates:

• Path to 2-2 Classes
    • Before we can start releasing 2-2 Classes we need to get WoE going. Currently the process is as follows:
      • WoE Test pt 2 (Announcement Soon)
      • Fix issues with WoE
      • WoE Launch
      • Launch Sage
  • Summer Fishing Festival Continues until August 31!
    • If you haven't started the Fishing Festival yet, speak to Westley on the Alberta Docks to begin. There are a variety of rewards that are still available! :)
  • Costume Box II: Gothic Egg
    • Costume Box I is staying for now, so new players just joining us can continue to buy.
  • Costume Box III: Helmets Galore
  • Race to Second Job Event continues until August 23rd.
    • Any character that reaches second job during this event will get a unique reward.
    • Reward distribution continues! Speak to the Silvervine NPC in Prontera to claim your reward of a Costume King Poring Hat.
  • Some small work to try and address some lag issues.

Server Status: OPEN

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

i 've confuse it say 11pm to 3pm PDT time is the maintenance, so it took a two days maintenace 11pm of august 16 and end of 3pm august 17. do you got me?

Edited by arfarf, 16 August 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#50 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

so the mad bunny shield def is same as of guard etc. def unlike in iro chaos/thor has a 0 def but it has a effect of atk/matk 3% and +3aspd , it looks like mbs is just for fashion hehe , anyway about 2-2 jobs i think you should make a strong anti bot shield cuz if the rogue job is available well y'know what that means right? hehe /shy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users