need help with stat for bowling bash - Swordsman Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

need help with stat for bowling bash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

how much aspd do you need to have 0.5s delay after attack?

how long is bowling bash cast time?

how much castreduction (dex & int) do you need to do 0.5s bb cast time?

Edited by NamzaKaren, 16 August 2017 - 04:36 AM.

#2 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

you can get the cast time down to around 0.3 seconds with 70 total dex and no int investment, and any aspd over  about 180 will get it under 0.5 delay, actually around 0.3 sec delay at 184.

#3 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:12 PM

I'm not sure about idRO, since you seem to play on that server more often, or as often?  On iRO there's a fixed cooldown of 0.5s.  That one you cannot get around.

However, the Cooldown can be treated much the same as the delay. as it does factor in the animation of cast and cast delay itself (which is aspd based...though aspd has a much smaller affect on the actual cast animation), given it starts immediately after the skill cast time ends.

Actual cast-time is .7s, with just 1 point in both dex and int, and job level 1, you actually have a .6s cast time (.678s or so).  At 12 DEX (6 base + 6 job @jl50) and 1 INT, you'll have a .5s cast time.

There's still the cast delay you have to work around, which is ASPD based.

Essentially, to make a decent pure BBer...a decent DEX and AGI range is:

DEX 54~64 (recommended 64 base) + 6 (job)

AGI 28~38 (recommended 38 base for better spamming) + 2 (job)

You can go 36 AGI given the +12 from a level 10 agi up.  I'll assume +10 foods as well.

That will put you about the cusp of where BB is as fast as you can get it as a Knight without culling your ability to deal real damage due to STR, or HP pool due to VIT.

You can even fit in 20 INT if you want if you go:

72+8

38+2

80+10

20+0

64+6

9+4

Then Bless + AGI UP + Food (+10 to AGI / DEX / INT) = .2 cast time and .3 delay.

Problem with the delay is you won't see much distinction in improvement from a .3 to a .1s delay due to the cooldown.  So essentially it's cast-time that's the biggest deal, which I guess is why you're asking.  However if you really pump much more into DEX...maybe 74+6, and go for 62+8 STR...you'll still end up with a 0.2s cast time.  To get that down to 0.1s, you'd require about 99 base DEX and 58 base INT atm, assuming +10 foods, job bonuses, and Bless.

So that's about the peak for spamming and dealing damage.  You can even go for 28 Agility if you want given the difference in aspd is minor (not even 1 point for 2h swords without gear that adds an additional point of agility, but it does make a larger impact for Spears and 1h Swords going 38 instead of 28 AGI), and change it to something like this:

82+8

28+2

80+10

11+0

64+6

1+4

I would definitely recommend the extra points in INT rather than LUCK, as you can still get that nice .2s cast time if you can scrounge an additional +3 DEX with that 11 base INT (again I'm also factoring in +10 foods and Bless/Agi).

#4 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

@everyone

thanks for replying.

@ignasia

i had actually played more hours in iRO than idRO, but i quit iRO when gravity closed the old idRO server and open a new one.

I know about BB 0.5s cd. That's why i quit leveling my physical rk in iRO. I already did some test in idRO, and i am certain there is no cat paw/cooldown after casting BB. The 0.5s cd seems to be unique to iRO. I read it was because of some cheat abuse in prerenewal? Luckily (unfortunately?) our GMs were not as active as yours, so now our BB still have its original aspd based delay and no cd.

72+8

38+2

80+10

20+0

64+6

9+4

Then Bless + AGI UP + Food (+10 to AGI / DEX / INT) = .2 cast time and .3 delay.

I thought you need more stat to get those delay & cast time. I like your build. It's a lot similar to what I have in mind. I'm just not sure about agi/dex/int and I won't be putting any point to luk.

Is 0.3s delay with 2h sword+quicken or 1h sword+shield. I forgot to mention I will be using 1h sword+shield. I will also be using all stat food because in idRO you keep the buff after death. We also have akareje (+10% aspd for 20 min) and popping candy (+25% aspd for 1 min). They stack, but the popping candy is kinda too expensive for me because of its duration, so I'll only use akareje most of the time.

btw this is my current stat at level 83

str 80 (in case i get a giant whisper card)

vit 80+20 (including job bonus and food)

agi 9

int/dex/luk 1

tl;dr

new question:

Does attack delay start at the beginning of casting or at the end?

If my BB has 0.3s cast time and I have 0.4s attack delay, will it be spammable every 0.4s or 0.7s?

Edited by NamzaKaren, 17 August 2017 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users