13 replies to this topic

#1 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Specifically reflect from Fallenbishop and beelzebub. Is there a way to find out if they have magic reflect on? I tried to observe many times, and i simply cant see any sign that it has activated magic reflect.

Each time opening BB and if u get one of these, you will have to guess if it has magic reflect on. Its like 50/50 chance. And i always guess wrong...

Is there a way to tell reliably if they have it on?

#2 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

A trick given to me by another WL while fighting Beel is that once it pops from the bb, you must tank it around 30 secs (Recommended to do it spamming White Imprison) while the Magic Mirror fades, then since it has like a 1 or 2 minutes cooldown you'll have that time to actually kill him, he usually uses the mirror after doing physical contact with you and it can be noticed by a special sound which i have never heard since i have RO's music out Imao. FBH case use quagmire to avoid the physical contact = preventing him from using Mirror.

So far i think the only way to actually notice it is the sound it makes when activated thought for me is hard to notice

#3 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

A trick given to me by another WL while fighting Beel is that once it pops from the bb, you must tank it around 30 secs (Recommended to do it spamming White Imprison) while the Magic Mirror fades, then since it has like a 1 or 2 minutes cooldown you'll have that time to actually kill him, he usually uses the mirror after doing physical contact with you and it can be noticed by a special sound which i have never heard since i have RO's music out Imao. FBH case use quagmire to avoid the physical contact = preventing him from using Mirror.

So far i think the only way to actually notice it is the sound it makes when activated thought for me is hard to notice

That trick with beel, thank you. It will help tremendously. For FBH can you tell me what sound it makes and if you have soundbit that would be best? Cause I dont even know how to google that.... "What sound FBH makes??" Google will start thinking im mad.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

It's basically just a geneic sound effect+ generic visual effect.

#5 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

It's basically just a geneic sound effect+ generic visual effect.

I notice that for that valk looking mobs. But for FBH and Beel it doesnt show that visual clock thing and also no sound, if im not mistaken its just castbar and u have to guess. Maybe i miss the visual/sound que but so far only gabriel's solution seem to be workable.

Edit: that clock thing is for cast slow debuff not magic mirror. So i cant see anything in the video that can help differentiate magic mirror ON or OFF.

Edit: Ah i see now, that valk morroc thing cast magic mirror exactly on 0:05 in the video. This makes it extremely hard to tell. So only way to fight beel and FBH is to wait 30-35s after first contact before casting anything. fml

Edited by icecream2, 17 August 2017 - 04:57 AM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

The clock thing is Slow Cast, not Magic Mirror

#7 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Direct look at how to do it https://www.youtube....h?v=oMHwF6hjt1E.

This was before OCP gears so atm it has become hundred times more easy than what it looks like in here (Etran for example)

#8 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Does Beelzebub even use Magic Mirror anymore? I can't recall any instances where he has reflected magic (in 2nd form, obviously).

#9 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

ET he does almost as soon as he changes to 2nd form, bb's are pretty much the same, in CL's case last time i fought him he didn't used it and died pretty fast but i think it was because i didn't let him get too close to me. 

#10 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

ET he does almost as soon as he changes to 2nd form, bb's are pretty much the same, in CL's case last time i fought him he didn't used it and died pretty fast but i think it was because i didn't let him get too close to me. 

I'm having a hard time believing you but my memory might be failing me.

Barring extreme luck, the video posted above wouldn't have worked at all if he did use it. He recasts it once every 30 seconds and that matches up with its duration, so he would have 100% uptime not accounting for his other skill casts.

I'll RODex 50m to anyone that can post a replay of him using it.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

i killed myself on Bee already on my oboro during some ETs with friends, so i have to believe he does. (cicada would block any other attack he has, and i was the only one with magic damage there)

#12 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

I'm having a hard time believing you but my memory might be failing me.

Barring extreme luck, the video posted above wouldn't have worked at all if he did use it. He recasts it once every 30 seconds and that matches up with its duration, so he would have 100% uptime not accounting for his other skill casts.

I'll RODex 50m to anyone that can post a replay of him using it.

Now where to encounter a wild Bee so i can kill myself against it for some easy 50m Imao, haven't done access quest to his spawn map so time to climb ET

#13 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

K tried killing FBH, made it without much troubles (A couple deads cause of curse), indeed kiting is the solution to Magic Mirror in combination with quagmire + any item that could increase your movement speed, dmg was decent enough with CL and did it in a closed space (Entrance to Juperos Ruins) so it's totally posible to do it!

#14 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

well at least a Warlock under soul link can defend against a reflected single target magic skill.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users