non-Mado blacksmith plausible, or should I just go Genetic? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

non-Mado blacksmith plausible, or should I just go Genetic?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

Looking at the downsides of Mechanic, and their need for LOTS of funding to function (in addition to the stillpresent bugs and numerous Greed alternatives), I'm wondering if making a Geneticist over my current smith would be a slightly better solution? I just want something that can PvM reliably, as I tend to shy away from WoE and wander around a lot by myself.

tl;dr should i delete my smith for alchemist? Will it have better long term viability for leveling/turnins/sitting in town and vending? I didn't know about the issues Mechanic had when i first made the smith.

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

I don't know much about Mechanic but Genetic will be the complete package. You can do anything you want with a Genetic.

#3 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

Geneticist will most likely always be the better option, no matter which class you compare it to. Its just the nature of the class being most versatile without any downsides it seems. But then again ... for me it is boring to always see the same class being played. knowing they only do it for the same opportunistic reasons.

#4 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

people always play the mainstream classes. In my humble opinion I love mechanic classes. If you do some research, you will find the fun in playing the mechanic class. I 175'd mine just about a week ago, i played my mechanic from 100-173 without depending on parties too much.

#5 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

I have 3 axe mechanic(perman stuck at turn in low,mid,high) but i much more prefer on my gen in adventuring the game.(search & destroy and card loot only...no misc looting).

#6 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

According ot tresearch, Axe Mechanic performs rather poorly in PvM, and while I need to do more testing, i foudn myself almost unable to do teh same damage as a comparable Gene -or- any other PvM built class in Sakray. I don't know if cutting against the grain is [currently] a thing i can handle long-term, simply because I can't seem to 'keep up' in terms of survivability or damage.

Is that fixable somehow? or will i NEED a Madogear at some point? hmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users