SVD vs AGI Knight ... I'm so lost... - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

SVD vs AGI Knight ... I'm so lost...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fajen123

fajen123

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:36 AM

Hello,

I just came back to Ragnarok after quite a while and started over again with a Knight.

At the moment I'm Level 88 / 50 and full on AGI. I thought AGI is still one of the go to's as a Knight.

Now I'm looking trough the Forum's and see posts about SVD's / DB / whatever all over.

This totaly overwhelms me at the moment.

What do you guys recomend? Should I switch to SVD?

#2 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

SVD support mob leveling due to higher HP Pool.

Agi build more effective for single kill leveling, saving more pots than svd and killing single target faster with autoattack due to higher aspd.

DB build / Dragon Breath skill formula took your current HP&SP to fuel the skill damage, so SVD build knight/lord knight as future DBRK starter build are more compatible than agi build, as you can save your one time free status resets too but remember not to boost your str too high as knight / lord knight if you aim for dbrk build and more focusing on the vit and dex parts instead.

If you already an agi build knight, just proceed to transcend/rebirth and build an SVD LK later if you aim for DB RK, so you can save your free status resets for later use as max level rune knight

#3 fajen123

fajen123

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

I'm a bit worried about the costs for all the pots I'll need during the leveling phase. Any tips to minimize these costs?

#4 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

> Make merchant class with maximum discount skills

> Make alchemist/biochemist/geneticist class to brew your own pots

> Gear yourself with leech gears (adequate leech gears more expensive than thousands of pots though :P)

> Always leveling in party that have acolyte/priest/high priest/archbishop or befriend these class or make your own alts

Edited by DataDrain, 19 August 2017 - 05:24 AM.

#5 fajen123

fajen123

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

Would you recommend to use 1h or 2h sword?

#6 reidzeibel

reidzeibel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

Knights generally want to use 2H Sword due to their Twohand Quicken skill, if you use the skill, go 2H Sword, if you think you need the Shield bonus, whatever it might be, go 1H Sword.

Also, Scatleton Pet for early leveling until you hit RK : http://ragi.al/searc...tleton#item=jSM

Fresh fish only costs 250z and with Scatleton pet it heals quite a lot, saves you money in the long run.

#7 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

there is another meta on SvD knight by having high STR that utilize ignition break

if this knight is really your very first character and you don't have any zeny capital I suggest stay on SvD way till RK, you can utilize Bowling bash + ignition break on early level as RK to support your leveling as IB is better for new player with low level character, DB is good but you need base level and HP/SP where low level RK suffer, most of RK who have access to Ranged Attack gear go straight away to DB but those gear can be considered expensive for new player so I wouldn't recomended that one

once you get 120 you can do ghost palace instance for gray shard farm, and get Thanatos weapon, and at 125 you can do Attack on Airship Instance, the manteau is very good even the blue one is having 10% Netural Reduce and slotted, Thana Katar Sold well and y will also want to have your own thanatos weapon

you can collect money by collecting Eden merit Badges, 2 handed sword build is very good high dps has parry too but you might want utilize RTE (Red Twin Edge) on IB, as starting from 126-141 you going to grid on Scraba, I suggest putting an RTE with 3 Insect Race Card Bonus + Bigfoot Thorny Buckler, Combined with raydric card on Airship Manteau + Ur Plate from mora Village quest you can Have 35% Netural Resistance + 30% Insect Enemy Reduce, as Thorny + Bison Horn gain you a reflect effect it will help Triggering RTE ignore defense Proc often (Yes Reflect attack count as hit) so you can deal + a fire damage with 3x 20% Insect Damage boost slotted weapon with Igntion Break that Ignore Defense,

once y got 141 you have option to reset to DB build or continue with that build to 150, on 150 you have option to do NCT while 141 you can do Bio4, both are your choices at that stage, as at level 140 you already have access to multiple instance to support your future gear,

I understand these instance might be difficult but they pay well, team up with guildmates and clear it and grrab the reward so y can buy better gear

Edited by heickelrrx, 28 August 2017 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users