14 replies to this topic

#1 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

After a tons of disconnects i finally decided to make this topic, the main reason is because i want to know if someone else have this problem too

Usually i only get the random dc's while doing F7, Spaming F1 or something else. If i just stay around in a town or somewhere else i dont get the dc, i only get it when im doing something.

The Disconnects works like this: Playing F7, randomly get a dc in it but while the dc i can still see everybody using skills, chatting and pretty much see them doing everything, but i notice i get the dc because i cant do combos anymore to the monsters and gets kicked out of it like 15 seconds after it.

This problem starts getting annoying because i cant do much about it, and im sure it isnt my fault since the problems started after the DDoS Attacks and i only have this problem with Dragon Saga.

Would be nice to know if some other people having this problem too or i just have bad luck.. because i really would like to play the game but yeah.. I dont wanna stay around doing nothing all day.
And no, im not trying to blame the game i just want to know if some other people having this problem, or maybe if it is possible to fix it or i just have to wait some more days/week until the server is more stable again

#2 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

If it happens while you're doing something, are you by any chance trying to cancel skills?

#3 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

If it happens while you're doing something, are you by any chance trying to cancel skills?

Dont think so, atleast not on purpose. Happend on my Sorcerer, Summy and Twin the disconnects so far
(I dont play any other chars except these 3)

Edited by nighty007, 19 August 2017 - 11:07 PM.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

Did you try to use the pre-patched download from the topic in the tech section? Such strange things CAN happen when the patcher corrupts files.

The patcher is not really stable (working on that currently) but if there are any kind of connection issues (weak internet connection, DDoS, whatever) it gets worse sometimes.

If you're in the mood try the pre-patched download and let me know if it is better then.

#5 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

Did you try to use the pre-patched download from the topic in the tech section? Such strange things CAN happen when the patcher corrupts files.

The patcher is not really stable (working on that currently) but if there are any kind of connection issues (weak internet connection, DDoS, whatever) it gets worse sometimes.

If you're in the mood try the pre-patched download and let me know if it is better then.

I already re-installed whole Dragon Saga around 2-3 days ago and pretty much changed nothing, still the same problem. Wouldn't this have fixed the problem too or are these files "different"? Asking because this would take a while to download for me..

I only have like a 2k internet connection and i'm from germany, maybe it is because i have a "weak connection"? but i never had a disconnect before, it started after these DDoS Attacks. And i dont get them every time, around 8 from 10 F7's i get the dc.
Few days ago i even had them when i was doing daily quests, but i didnt got a single dc for 4 days now while doing dailys so it kinda got better (but still have them in F7)

Edited by nighty007, 20 August 2017 - 02:32 AM.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

Usually a simple re-download of the original installer does not work. The patcher tends to corrupt the files over and over again. That's why I said please try out the pre-patched version.

#7 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:15 AM

if you playing dragoon is normal the skills  spin it bear, spear jab, ascending dragon and cross blade may dc you if you try animation cancel

#8 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:19 AM

Usually a simple re-download of the original installer does not work. The patcher tends to corrupt the files over and over again. That's why I said please try out the pre-patched version.

Ah makes sense, alright im going to download it then (going to take a while) and give you an Update probably tomorrow because i have to test if i still get disconnects.

#9 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Okay.. still have the same problem as before.
Made 1 F7 run and got a disconnect in Stage 35, nothing changed.
So far the past days i only got disconnect in F7, in galaxy, expert and some other things are working again so far. I guess i just have to wait to for the Server to be more stable again.
And yes.. i downloaded the pre-patched files and changed them all.
I guess im just going to wait some more days/weeks because trying to fix this is pretty annoying.. thanks anyways all for the help

Edited by nighty007, 20 August 2017 - 10:21 PM.

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

I am from Germany as well and I can't confirm any problems. There can be more reasons why this might happen:

- you are using a Wi-Fi/WLAN connection and the signal is weak or unstable

- you are using a network cable connection and it is broken for example

- you have updated your anti-virus solution and it considers DS network packets as suspicious/dangerous

- you have updated your firewall and it considers DS network packages as suspicious/dangerous

- the route of your ISP to the servers in California is faulty in some way

Do you get a crash to desktop or do you get any error message?

If you get constant DCs without any error message the problem is probably on your end and has nothing to do with the connection. Connection problems usually result in "Server not responding" error messages.

#11 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

I am from Germany as well and I can't confirm any problems. There can be more reasons why this might happen:

- you are using a Wi-Fi/WLAN connection and the signal is weak or unstable  

- you are using a network cable connection and it is broken for example           

- you have updated your anti-virus solution and it considers DS network packets as suspicious/dangerous

- you have updated your firewall and it considers DS network packages as suspicious/dangerous

- the route of your ISP to the servers in California is faulty in some way

Do you get a crash to desktop or do you get any error message?

If you get constant DCs without any error message the problem is probably on your end and has nothing to do with the connection. Connection problems usually result in "Server not responding" error messages.

- I'm using LAN (cable)
- It cant be broken because it only happends in Dragon Saga (not other Games)

- I dont have any Anti-Virus programs.
- Firewall.. i dont know, could be but it would be weird if it makes me dc in F7 most times and not on other maps like Port of the Winds and others.
- I dont know, could be i m not experienced in this to know if its possible or not

Every time i dc i ALWAYS get kicked back to the LOG IN and get the Message "Server is not responding" (Game doesnt close)
Thats what makes the disconnect so weird.. Like my last disconnect, i can see everybody moving, chatting and i can see them doing everything but i cant do anything anymore, cant chat or attack monsters but can still see them doing stuff and then i get kicked out like 15 seconds after this.

If you want we could write German as well if it easier for you to ask me questions xd (since my english isnt as good as yours )

EDIT: Just saying, the problems started around 1 week after the first DDoS Attack past few weeks and i dont get any disconnects when im doing nothing(Like staying around for hours in Port of the Winds for example). Right now, im only getting disconnects in F7. Few days ago i even got them after like every third daily quest but this didnt happend for a while now.

Edited by nighty007, 20 August 2017 - 11:46 PM.

#12 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

Update: It is working again for me for pretty much no reason. I didn't do anything but it working again for 2 days already now.
Did around 7 F7's already without any disocnnect problems, seems like other people got random disconnect problems now, seems like it is a curse :D

#13 9851170220163549840

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationQueen City of South - Cebu, Philippines
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

Update: It is working again for me for pretty much no reason. I didn't do anything but it working again for 2 days already now.
Did around 7 F7's already without any disocnnect problems, seems like other people got random disconnect problems now, seems like it is a curse :D

The curse was transferred! :Emo_17: :Emo_17: :Emo_17:

#14 Nocny

Nocny

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

Same problem..

#15 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

Same problem..

For me it is working again without any problems, i literally didnt do anything. Maybe you have to wait a few days as well

Edited by nighty007, 24 September 2017 - 12:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users