Do we really have to copy thRO and phRO? - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Do we really have to copy thRO and phRO?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 DemiGod

DemiGod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

This is probably a pointless topic but I think it should be addressed given the revealing of loot drops from certain MvP's. It's become glaringly obvious that we are getting copy pasted versions of this game directly

from foreign iRO servers (thaiRO, phRO) that have almost zero in common with our community. I also understand that there is a time-line and game-plan associated with our server that has most likely been laid out

even before server launch so I am not blaming our GM team for this. My only hope is that iRO has a say in what changes occur and that you take the liberty to use that freedom and make our server better. I feel

there is a large problem when a large majority of MvP cards do not drop in the game, even those that are not particularly useful or strong in any sense (Doppelganger, Stormy Knight, Moonlight Flower. The list

goes on). I question who is making these decisions and why you're following them blindly. When OCA was enabled and you guys received the drop list, I felt as if you were editing them appropriately, was this not

the case? It was changed several times which suggests you have the ability to do so. I don't see the reason for MvP's not dropping cards (with the exception of GTB) when they are already extremely rare and

almost always niche use. As a player who spends the majority of their time killing MvP's this comes off as incredibly disingenuous. I recall a post saying GTB card was removed when the reality was almost every

card is removed. You guys have gutted a very large portion of end-game content on a server that has little to none already.

This leads me to my second point:

With the current update schedule and transcendent classes being an unknown time away, I don't see this server even making it to that point. We don't have the player-base to sustain such a long time without

receiving any new content. Players get bored, they lose interest and they lose motivation, especially with the decisions and horrible bot problems. The sheer amount of bots (6k+) on the server have already

inflated our zeny to a point several times higher than that of phRO and thaiRO even though they have been out for much much longer. The addition of WoE boxes has removed a large zeny sink and item prices

have already started to reflect that, there is no reason to spend zeny on anything in game currently besides trading it to another player. If someone told me there was 100 billion zeny on the server already I

would believe them without question. What happens when we reach trans? I can only imagine that high tier mvp loots will cost several hundreds of millions of zeny. How does a new player even get a foot hold in

this server? The only redeeming quality this server has over classic is that we haven't discovered anyone duping yet. Please alter your time-line to accommodate the fact we are a North American server with a

2.5k player population.

The game is 15 years old, act like it.

#2 BazzXD

BazzXD

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

swamp ass

#3 Yafilthy

Yafilthy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

renewel mechanics

git gud

Edited by Yafilthy, 23 August 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

I thought camp posted that they would be putting them all back in

#5 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

They're putting it back in when tRO/pRO starts to sell them through their Cash Shop. The problem is that we have no idea when this will happen or IF it's actually happening.

@WP

This MvP card should've been announced way before you guys announced that the GTB card was removed. That statement left us with the thought that GTB was the only non-dropable MvP card.

Edited by Tanzanito, 23 August 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

This is probably a pointless topic but I think it should be addressed given the revealing of loot drops from certain MvP's. It's become glaringly obvious that we are getting copy pasted versions of this game directly

from foreign iRO servers (thaiRO, phRO) that have almost zero in common with our community. I also understand that there is a time-line and game-plan associated with our server that has most likely been laid out

even before server launch so I am not blaming our GM team for this. My only hope is that iRO has a say in what changes occur and that you take the liberty to use that freedom and make our server better. I feel

there is a large problem when a large majority of MvP cards do not drop in the game, even those that are not particularly useful or strong in any sense (Doppelganger, Stormy Knight, Moonlight Flower. The list

goes on). I question who is making these decisions and why you're following them blindly. When OCA was enabled and you guys received the drop list, I felt as if you were editing them appropriately, was this not

the case? It was changed several times which suggests you have the ability to do so. I don't see the reason for MvP's not dropping cards (with the exception of GTB) when they are already extremely rare and

almost always niche use. As a player who spends the majority of their time killing MvP's this comes off as incredibly disingenuous. I recall a post saying GTB card was removed when the reality was almost every

card is removed. You guys have gutted a very large portion of end-game content on a server that has little to none already.

This leads me to my second point:

With the current update schedule and transcendent classes being an unknown time away, I don't see this server even making it to that point. We don't have the player-base to sustain such a long time without

receiving any new content. Players get bored, they lose interest and they lose motivation, especially with the decisions and horrible bot problems. The sheer amount of bots (6k+) on the server have already

inflated our zeny to a point several times higher than that of phRO and thaiRO even though they have been out for much much longer. The addition of WoE boxes has removed a large zeny sink and item prices

have already started to reflect that, there is no reason to spend zeny on anything in game currently besides trading it to another player. If someone told me there was 100 billion zeny on the server already I

would believe them without question. What happens when we reach trans? I can only imagine that high tier mvp loots will cost several hundreds of millions of zeny. How does a new player even get a foot hold in

this server? The only redeeming quality this server has over classic is that we haven't discovered anyone duping yet. Please alter your time-line to accommodate the fact we are a North American server with a

2.5k player population.

The game is 15 years old, act like it.

The goal given to us is to match the Thai content in a manner that makes sense for our population. For example, the MVP cards.

Thai has removed them from the game and were assuming for balance reasons. But should they decide to implement the cards through any means then we will as well, but with our own implementation plan which is the drops from the appropriate monsters.

Each community is it's own thing but the generally base game should be the same. 

#7 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

I don't understand why would they remove all the MVP cards except for bapho and evil snake lord.  This just doesn't make sense.

Edited by Lilp, 23 August 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

So camp, what are you going to do about the Orc Hero card that already dropped?

#9 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

Did it really drop, Xellie?

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Yes

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

There are no items with that card slotted being moved around OR any of those cards being picked up, received from a monster, traded, vended, mailed, etc.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

I'm going to PM you

#13 DemiGod

DemiGod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

The goal given to us is to match the Thai content in a manner that makes sense for our population. For example, the MVP cards.

Thai has removed them from the game and were assuming for balance reasons. But should they decide to implement the cards through any means then we will as well, but with our own implementation plan which is the drops from the appropriate monsters.

Each community is it's own thing but the generally base game should be the same. 

If it was for balance I would understand but so many of these cards cause no game imbalance at all. In fact I can't think of any MvP card currently that causes game imbalance besides GTB which was planned to be removed. Any player with relatively decent game knowledge understands this version of the game is different.

My list of overpowered MvP cards:

GTB

Tao Gunka

Fallen Bishop Hibram

I wouldn't even include Orc Hero on this list anymore as stats work differently now. Almost every build requires less of their main damage stat, casters don't need as much dex. You can literally get stun immune and have almost no build problems.

#14 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Tbh, if it wasn't because of my friend playing I would never touch this server.

The bot is ridiculous 

Zenys are already WAY inflated for a 1 month server

MVP cards are randomly turned off (which I am honestly OK with but really just makes it feel like a private server)

People are probably RMTing from those gold sites for cheap zeny

The actual population of the server is only ~2k which is really low for a server just starting off

I actually just don't know what you guys can do to fix this but it really just seems like another server that will die off in a few month. 

#15 DemiGod

DemiGod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

It doesn't exist because these are not recent drop changes, these have been the drop tables since the server started and are only now being revealed.

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10858 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

"The sheer amount of bots (6k+) on the server have already inflated our zeny to a point several times higher than that of phRO and thaiRO even though they have been out for much much longer." 

I died! lol

#17 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Do we really have almost no MvP cards in the drop table?

What in the actual -_-.

MvP cards is one of the best parts of MvPing on RO because you have the chance to hit the jackpot every time you kill it. Don't take that away because pRO/thRO are going to eventually sell them in their cash shop.

Edited by Hrishi, 23 August 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#18 hoshhosh0

hoshhosh0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

Seems like the kRO or whoever was on the backend had kept quiet about this policy change and failed to inform to iRO team. That's what I'm seeing from this fiasco. And imagine if the drop table and other transparency measures were not released, people would probably never know until the end of time. There's probably way more messed up -_- in the databases that we don't know of.

I don't mind MVPs not being implemented temporarily but that should have been clear from the start of the server, else it's simply disingenuous. On the other hand as I said it doesn't seem iRO was aware of this sneaky change so I can't quite blame them. 

Secondly, I hope that bot protection will hurry up because it only takes a daily packet change to flush out the majority of bots before more players get discouraged and leave the server. 

Proper planning and more staff would be helpful on this project. If kRO would be willing to allocate more resources to supporting iRO rather than simply being lackadaisical then I can see this server going really far and earning tons of money for them, but still they seem stubborn and unwilling to invest.

#19 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

So it's possible that phRO or thRO will be selling MVP cards through cash shop? *shiver*

#20 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Then why aren't migaos, stings, and majorous fixed yet?

Migaos were disabled on thRO because they abused the clone skill but iRO has always disabled the clone skill. Fix them!

#21 abar

abar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

MVP cards are untradeable right? and god the card drop sucks here compare to renewal cause this is part classic and a hybrid they came up with.

#22 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

This is honestly the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people to leave this catastrophe of a server.

Even if you put up with all the lag, DC, login server problems, 4 hour maintenance every week, emergency maintenance & rollback and the biggest problem of all: the army of bots, literally 6k+.

Even if you manage to ignore those things and spend real money on this server, you are being rewarded by not being able to find any good mvp cards. Thats insane.

If i wouldnt have invested so much time and money in this server, that news alone would instantly make me quit or pause.

#23 firedrop555

firedrop555

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

do miniboss cards drop? ghostring, angeling etc?

that's really stupid MVP cards don't drop.. nothing left for lvl99s to do but afk in town wishing they could hunt mvps for good cards

#24 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

MVP cards are untradeable right? and god the card drop sucks here compare to renewal cause this is part classic and a hybrid they came up with.

Hybrid Do we have to be cheap copycats ThRO , ROPH, have no

talent for fun gaming then RO better die, before players call it

another undead low life game!

#25 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Then why aren't migaos, stings, and majorous fixed yet?

Migaos were disabled on thRO because they abused the clone skill but iRO has always disabled the clone skill. Fix them!

yea idk why these maps are nerfed to garbage, the maps are very limited as is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users