PSA: There is currently no endgame content in RE:Start. (MVP) - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PSA: There is currently no endgame content in RE:Start. (MVP)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#26 PinkWing

PinkWing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:tranquility

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

Agreed. What gets me about this is that they apparently haven't even bothered to ask WHY exactly this change was made, going by Camp "assuming" it's for balance reasons - which is BS in the first place.

Let's be real, considering it's already been said that pRO and thRO will be selling them via cash shop down the line, it's pretty damn obvious why they've been removed.

Now, taking into account that Camp has also said that won't happen here, there's absolutely no reason for them not to drop.

just ctrl+c ctrl+v  th and p ro builds  without understanding and bothering to adjust , now make lousy excuses

#27 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:None.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

just look at the basic card drop rate its already low using bubble gum might get the rate to normal probably. thats why bubblegum is implemented so people would use them and buy more vines. Normal players tend to play only at certain hours and bots does seem to go on about 24 hrs so basically bots get more card drops than most people that manually do card hunts thats why when card hunting for hours and hours u get bored and then just fail then feels stupid, why did i even waste so much time?

normal = 0,01%

#28 abar

abar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

I promise you I've played renewal roph and I can say is the card drop rate is BAD

#29 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

They should add one of these drops to the mvps instead of their cards: pole axe, war axe, ice pick, bazerald, orc bow with 0.01% -0.05% chance.

These weapons are useful and will make it worth to hunt mvps for everyone.

Edited by Panteperu, 24 August 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#30 firedrop555

firedrop555

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

=[ i wanted to camp ghostring, but there's really no reason to without a ghostring card to drop

#31 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Let's be realistic. I'm not sure if cards drop at the old 1/10k or the newer 1/5k rate on this server, but even with VIP and the 5K, you'd have to kill, on average, 3333 bosses to get ONE boss card. The overwhelming majority of players, no matter how active, will NEVER get a boss card. When I think "endgame content", I think challenging fights, instances, BGs, WoE, hard dungeons, rare gear, etc. Sure, the fact that almost every boss drops a lottery ticket is nice, but much like I don't plan my RL cash around winning the lottery, I don't plan endgame around the ridiculously low chance that a boss card will drop, someday, maybe, and to claim that no boss cards means endgame has been removed is frankly, absurd.

That said, with the exception of GTB (which just plain breaks the game) and probably a very short list of other boss cards that aren't as immediately obviously broken as GTB is (but are still game-breaking), I don't see why the rest of the bosses shouldn't drop their cards. So I agree that most bosses should have their cards... I just don't see it being a big issue in any way, and as this is a progression server, waiting on their release seems just fine to me... they're being very careful with power creep, and these obviously affect that even at extreme rarity.

#32 LowRoar

LowRoar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

When I think "endgame content", I think challenging fights, instances, BGs, WoE, hard dungeons, rare gear, etc. 

- Challenging fights: 3 people on PvP at max.

- Instances: not in the game

- BGS: not in the game

- WoE: not in the game

- Hard Dungeons: not in the game (and some [like majorous] had been nerfed)

- Rare gear: only through OBB

Yeah, when you think of endgame content you think of future content. The only thing you can do >right now and from the past 2 months< that bots can't do is MvPing

#33 PinkWing

PinkWing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Server:tranquility

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, when you think of endgame content you think of future content. The only thing you can do >right now and from the past 2 months< that bots can't do is MvPing

well. only matter of gear because of insane magical damage ,

#34 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Do you really consider MVPing end-game? Seriously? IMO end-game is WoE, and while some MVP cards ruin WoE, others contribute to unfairness in WoE...

#35 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

Do you really consider MVPing end-game? Seriously? IMO end-game is WoE, and while some MVP cards ruin WoE, others contribute to unfairness in WoE...

Are you saying that my PvM end-game is not as good as your PvP end-game? Seriously? IMO end-game is PvM, and while some dumb people ruin PvM, others contribute to unfairness in PvM...

:yawn:

#36 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

MvPs not dropping cards right now is not going to turn the server into a ghost town, lol.

#37 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

If you think end-game = MVP cards, good luck collecting all of them. 

#38 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

I will never likely someone who gets a hand on a mvp card i hardly will ever be able to invest that much time and effort into the game, that it could be likely to get one. That beeing sad i of course dont bother if the arnt in the game, but i really can see why people who are putting that much effort into MVP hunting are upset, i would be too.  This topic is yet another one that could have been completly avoided if there were better communication on WP's site.

Dont get me wrong i wont give them 20 rows of crap now, i done that in the past more than enough .

So i rather state i dont bother if they dont get implementend in the future IF the cards get replaced by good rare gear that is otherwise just obtainable by OBB, Woe Treasure Boxes (except GL pieces of course) or limited Quest (lv 4 weapon quest).

Another possiblity would be a OCA tier list.... ,hear me out on this one for a second . There was once an event on euro where you could take cards and mix them into a OCA ... ... now my suggestion would be 

Basic cards mix into an Card Album ,that contains other basic cards (poring,lunatic, alarm etc cards that have limited or no use)  ,  than like 100(1000?) Card Albums mix into a Old Card album (based on this a album without the cards in the basic list... and that still drops from monsters/mvps)  and like 100 OCA  go into a Ancient card album (Mini Boss Cards) ... ... and maybe a legendary Card album with top tier (not broken) MVp cards on the top on the ladder?   Dont know....just to put it out there ,might be still the worst idea ever balance whise o_O. 

But i rather suggest something half stupid than again bash on WP since i think the already got the basic concept on what is wrong now in the community...hopefully.

#39 suzup

suzup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

who said they want to collect all of them? they mvp for money, and the off chance that one of the mvps they camp drop a card. whats so hard to get?

if you rotate all your mvps, you can get quite a lot a day. and if you do that everyday, how is it not reasonable to think that your RNG may turn for the better and get a card? i've gotten a doppel card in 3x rates before, and it was a fluke "hey, lets kill dop" incident. yeah, it was a -_- card, but still felt like a trophy. people like the idea that they can randomly kill mvps and hit the jackpot. do you think that to get a card you'd honestly have to kill 10,000? it could be your first kill to your ten thousanth.

#40 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

It's amazing to read some of these comments. There are some single-track minded people that can't understand the fact that for MVPers - the end-game is killing that bossess over and over, on a rotation. We do it because there's a thrill to it. That's the one thing that keeps us coming back to kill them. They appear once ever 1 hour to 2 hours. There's competition as there's only one at the time.

The fact that they silently removed the cards means that some of us spent weeks hunting them, keeping timers, waking up at night to kill them, and all that fun stuff. Just to discover that we didn't even have a chance to get anything. We feel lied to, manipulated. There's no WoE, we worked extra hard to hunt the MVPs as soon as we could. Did we waste our time? Probably. 

I'm not playing the game as much as I used to when I heard about the drops. It's pushed me to the point where I'm considering quitting, but like a drug, you're in too deep. Quitting now would confirm that I wasted my time. But it doesn't change the fact that I feel like utter sh-. 

This is our end-game in PvM. And it's probably yours too if you had the time and dedication to do it. A bot will do normal monster farming better than you. Leveling? Reaching 99 is not hard at all. 

#41 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:06 AM

MvPs not dropping cards right now is not going to turn the server into a ghost town, lol.

Over exaggeration of the year goes to this guy!

#42 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:20 AM

Over exaggeration of the year goes to this guy!

Why exaggeration? There are 6k+ ghosts running on the server. The server is theirs, so it can be called "ghost town".

#43 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:22 AM

The PvM community is not as small as you think, and those that are not MVPing right now -were- gearing themselves towards that. With this news, the only thing that is left to do is pretty much wait for WoE and hope that it keeps people interested long enough before people get bored and stop logging in.

I'd really like for Campitor to listen to the community and enable the MVP drops as they should be. This server is not going to be selling MVP cards or making them available through any other means other than going out and hunting for them.

#44 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:32 AM

MVP card have never been considered end-game content, but luxury items. Still the point stand there is little to no end game content at this point, just like in the first years of the game. This is not a problem, the only problem is the people rushing to the end mindlessly expecting there to be more. This is supposed to be a nostalgic experience and back in the day the grind was the game.

#45 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

Your argument would be perfectly fine if we knew about these things from day one, which we didn't. This was not disclosed. Loot tables have been modified and the drop rates of items are not shared. And before you go and throw the "Oh, we didn't know those rates either back in the day!" - I'd be fine with that... if this game was not 15 years old with a player-base mature enough to know when they are getting a stick to the rear.

#46 Omocho

Omocho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

PSA: This isn't reddit

#47 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

Why exaggeration? There are 6k+ ghosts running on the server. The server is theirs, so it can be called "ghost town".

Are we calling bots ghosts now just to justify a crappy way to claim a server is on its way to being dead already? I've been sitting in payon dungeon buffing noobs and have met a lot of REAL players that just started playing. MVPing is for a small and loud minority base of this game. You all rushed to 99 and now have nothing to do but make alts. The only fault here is yours.

#48 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

What difference does it make how fast some1 gets to 99.

The point is without mvp cards there is 0 motivation to hunt them if you're geared enough for your needs, be it pvm/mvp/woe or all of them.
Its literally the only thing keeping you busy, and giving you incentive to log in.
And now they just removed that element from the game.

GJ admins, maybe by the next bot purge wave you will notice the change in login activity.
I for one dont see any reaon to login atm.

#49 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

What difference does it make how fast some1 gets to 99.

The point is without mvp cards there is 0 motivation to hunt them if you're geared enough for your needs, be it pvm/mvp/woe or all of them.
Its literally the only thing keeping you busy, and giving you incentive to log in.
And now they just removed that element from the game.

GJ admins, maybe by the next bot purge wave you will notice the change in login activity.
I for one dont see any reaon to login atm.

Then go play something else? You completed the current content. Congrats. Now you have nothing left to do. This is the same thing with people that speed run a game then bitch about how long DLC takes to come out.  If they're re-looking at how things went badly in the past and trying to correct them it doesn't matter how long it takes because in the long run it'll be for the better. This isn't 2003 where games are limited and downloading a new one takes days to download. 

#50 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:54 AM

Are you [Removed]?
This has nothing to do with speed running a game. If it takes you more than 2 months to get to 99 on 1 char i feel sorry for you. Maybe this 15 year old game isnt for you. The real point is that if the Re:start staff wouldnt have artificially changed the droptables to -_- this game/server would have content. Instead it got nothing. How is that so hard to get.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 27 August 2017 - 03:18 PM.
Please be polite & don't call people dumb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users