PSA: There is currently no endgame content in RE:Start. (MVP) - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PSA: There is currently no endgame content in RE:Start. (MVP)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#51 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

dear gms,

when i first heard about this server, i was pretty hyped. ragnarok online - the game ive played since 2004, more or less 13 years of my life ive spent in that game (with a lot of breaks tho). euRO (european ragnarok online published by bura:ic), fRO (french ragnarok online, piublished by gravity eu) and some crowded pservers as well.

playing a pserver is never the same feeling as playing an official one. playing on officials makes you feel better, because you know that its legal and that all the time youre playing it isnt wasted - most of the official servers are gonna stay for long so all of your reached goals arent for nothing and youre gonna benefit from it even if you take a break for some months.

to get you a better understanding of my point of view i have to admit that ive never played renewal and refused to do so. gravity decided to make renewal standard globally and except for iRO classic there wasnt any other officlal server catching my interests. iRO classic wasnt an option either, because a lot of people told me its full of bots and too laggy to play it on a decent level from EU so its not worth trying. another problem for me was, that its open since a couple of years and the people who are playing it are miles ahead - no chance to get on their level (equip, money etc. pp.).

i think now you can maybe imagine how it makes me feel when this server opens its doors. i was very happy about it, so i did some investigation how i can handle the lag-problem first. after getting some information about it, i started to fix it with some tools (leatrix, wtfast. pingzapper and so on) and it WORKED WELL.

the first 2 weeks on this server were incredible for me - no bots, no lags, a decent market, a lot of players (3-4k) and the most attractive part: NOSTALGIA. it didnt even bother me, that it wasnt classic and there were a lot of renewal-mechanics i had to deal with. i invested a lot of money into it, because i liked it.

from time to time more "players" (bots) infested this server, market was flooded by low-tier-drops, maps were crowded, lags made it impossible to play and server got ddosed for more than a week.

nope, i didnt enjoy it to play at this time, but im a ragnarok-online-player, so ofc im patient ... im used to get over those things, because i love this game and ive never played on a server where everything went well from start until end.

so ... what did i do? i can tell you what. investing more money into this server, because i was trusting you guys. ive read the forum here a lot and i was sure, you are doing all you can do, to stop the bots, stop the ddos and to make this server great again. at least ive talked to some old friends of me and make them gonna play this server too. i never felt that it was risky or something because i was 100% sure this server would be "our home" for a huge amount of time.

and i was right. you have stopped the ddos-attacks, you have solved the bot-problem and you have lowered the ping/lags drastically, thanks.

you made this server playable for 2 days. TWO -_- DAYS.

AND NOW?

its worse than before. bots are back, perma disconnects, market is broken, zeny-inflation is real ... and BY FAR THE WORST THING IS:

THERE IS NO END-GAME-CONTENT BECAUSE ITS USELESS TO MVP. ARE YOU -_- KIDDING ME TO SHOW ME THAT KIND OF LOOTTABLE AFTER PLAYING 2 MONTHS ON THIS SERVER? WHY ARENT MVP CARDS INGAME? ARE YOU -_- INCOMPETENT OR WHAT. AND YES IM RAGING HERE, BECAUSE YOU ARE DESTROYING THIS SERVER WITH YOUR -_-TY DECISION. I WANT MY MONEY BACK, BECAUSE I INVESTED MY MONEY TO PLAY OFFICIAL RAGNAROK ONLINE - A GAME CREATED BY GRAVITY. MVP CARDS ARE A PART OF THIS GAME IVE BEEN PAYING FOR, SO GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO GET THEM.

thanks.

Edited by Philione, 26 August 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#52 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

Just release mvp cards in cash shop. I'm ready. [Snip] those MVP campers. I'll buy my way to have mvp cards

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 August 2017 - 02:23 PM.
Do not attempt to bypass the word filter please.

#53 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

THERE IS NO END-GAME-CONTENT BECAUSE ITS USELESS TO MVP. ARE YOU -_- KIDDING ME TO SHOW ME THAT KIND OF LOOTTABLE AFTER PLAYING 2 MONTHS ON THIS SERVER? WHY ARENT MVP CARDS INGAME? ARE YOU -_- INCOMPETENT OR WHAT. AND YES IM RAGING HERE, BECAUSE YOU ARE DESTROYING THIS SERVER WITH YOUR -_-TY DECISION. I WANT MY MONEY BACK, BECAUSE I INVESTED MY MONEY TO PLAY OFFICIAL RAGNAROK ONLINE - A GAME CREATED BY GRAVITY. MVP CARDS ARE A PART OF THIS GAME IVE BEEN PAYING FOR, SO GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO GET THEM.

thanks.

+1

#54 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:58 AM

Just release mvp cards in cash shop. I'm ready. [Snip] those MVP campers. I'll buy my way to have mvp cards

[Snip] off to thairo/phro/pserverro pls thx.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 August 2017 - 02:23 PM.
Do not attempt to bypass the word filter please.

#55 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:03 AM

[Snip] off to thairo/phro/pserverro pls thx.

Sorry no, I only play official servers. Pserver is against my morality to not supporting intellectual property robber. I know who are MvP campers, good luck with ur hack this and hack that. Better release mvp cards in cash shop

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 August 2017 - 02:24 PM.
Edited in quote

#56 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

People better than u = hack.  :heh: 

#57 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

People better than u = hack. :heh:

Some people have more money than you LOL money talks. Skill second.
The hack was known since long time ago. No argue for that

Edited by 10204130206637636, 26 August 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#58 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

This will solve MVP exploiters ... also remember that when competition gets out of control, it's a disaster. Speaking from my experiences, when people can't compete, they will rage quit. Gotta be careful!

Beside that some of these salty tears are so delicious hahaha I literally died reading some comments xD

#59 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

This will solve MVP exploiters ... also remember that when competition gets out of control, it's a disaster. Speaking from my experiences, when people can't compete, they will rage quit. Gotta be careful!

Beside that some of these salty tears are so delicious hahaha I literally died reading some comments xD

You realize this isnt about competition right?

Its about card drop.

Dunno why you baddies cry after losing your mvp for exploits and tools.
Just be better next time. Gl.

#60 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

Are you [Removed]?
This has nothing to do with speed running a game. If it takes you more than 2 months to get to 99 on 1 char i feel sorry for you. Maybe this 15 year old game isnt for you. The real point is that if the Re:start staff wouldnt have artificially changed the droptables to -_- this game/server would have content. Instead it got nothing. How is that so hard to get.

Waith... Do you mean the purpose of this game isnt to sociallise and make "adventures"?.

-_- it, i have been playing this game wrong. If i knew that i wauld had rushed my whole acount to 99.

/sarcasm. The thing is the content of the first 2 months was aimed for >99 l. Problem was that people speed ran it expecting more at the end, only to find nothing. Sadly for you, you have to waith a few months for more content (after they fix the glaring isdues like ddos and bots, wich meams it might take a few months more), wich makes it that people who enjoyed noobing around might catch up

Edited by VModCinnamon, 27 August 2017 - 03:19 PM.
Edited in quote

#61 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

A word from Camp regarding the MVP/miniboss cards would be nice since there's some MVP/Miniboss cards are already in game.  Knowing most MVPs don't drop their cards made me stop doing MVPs.  I'm pretty much set for my hunter/knight/monk gear and 1 year+ of woe/pvp supplies.  There's nothing for me to do now other than pvp/woe and wait for updates.

Edited by Lilp, 26 August 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#62 Yafilthy

Yafilthy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

HONEY BADGER DONT CARE

Edited by Yafilthy, 26 August 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#63 MateusRoscoe

MateusRoscoe

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

I know GTB should be disabled it's completely broken as of right now but c'mon, ALL MVP CARDS? (and mini-bosses), end game content is now exclusively WoE (which is kind of unplayable with so many bots, a lot of guilds are funded by bots, you can't really compete with that right now)

#64 Combattent

Combattent

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2094 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Sorry no, I only play official servers. Pserver is against my morality to not supporting intellectual property robber. I know who are MvP campers, good luck with ur hack this and hack that. Better release mvp cards in cash shop

Intellectual property doesn't exist.

Server that sells MVP cards = PRIVATE. Period.

#65 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

Intellectual property doesn't exist.

Server that sells MVP cards = PRIVATE. Period.

Intellectual property doesn't exist LOL yes if you re from a 3rd world country that produces knock off products.

#66 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

A word from Camp regarding the MVP/miniboss cards would be nice since there's some MVP/Miniboss cards are already in game.  Knowing most MVPs don't drop their cards made me stop doing MVPs.  I'm pretty much set for my hunter/knight/monk gear and 1 year+ of woe/pvp supplies.  There's nothing for me to do now other than pvp/woe and wait for updates.

#67 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

Since when MVPs are end-game content :D? Odin has no end-game in general.

No boss cards dropping is good for the current server status IMO. I don't mind. We don't even have all the classes yet and people would love to run around with tao gunka vit knights

#68 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

:ani_swt:  :ani_swt:  :ani_swt:  :ani_swt:

#69 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Since when MVPs are end-game content :D? Odin has no end-game in general.

No boss cards dropping is good for the current server status IMO. I don't mind. We don't even have all the classes yet and people would love to run around with tao gunka vit knights

Some people think stuff that is somewhat of a challenge = end game. I mean if people really think RO is a competitive game when it comes to MVPing they probably wouldn't do well in actual competitive stuff. They have to settle somewhere. The silly thing is this is the only game where doing PVE grants you an item that makes you a god in PVP. Basically they aren't good enough to PVP without their MVP cards so they come to the forums and whine about it. 

#70 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

cool story bro. your 82 sin hurts.

#71 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Some people think stuff that is somewhat of a challenge = end game. I mean if people really think RO is a competitive game when it comes to MVPing they probably wouldn't do well in actual competitive stuff. They have to settle somewhere. The silly thing is this is the only game where doing PVE grants you an item that makes you a god in PVP. Basically they aren't good enough to PVP without their MVP cards so they come to the forums and whine about it. 

:hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:  :ani_swt:  :ani_swt:  :ani_swt:  :ani_swt:

#72 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

I think it has a lot to do with where they came from... in terms of where did they play before coming to iRO. It's really fun seeing tryhards rage about not getting god items and mvp cards in their first month of playing. I guess you feel me on that one :D

If I had to say what end game content is in Odin at its current state is preparing for new classes to be released and stocking up on usables to sell in the right time :D but that's me, I like to  buy&sell stuff in this game. For others as of now since there are no really challenging high level dungeons or instances it COULD be some mvps, I'm trying to think of one that could be challenging enough to really consider it an end-game content, cant right now though.

Dudes, just keep farming the MVPs like you used to. A lot of their loot is actually pretty useful right now to people and the supply isn't that big yet. You can still make a big buck or two off MVPing. Doesn't have to be a freaking Turtle General card for your 99 lvl sin, which btw really isn't that awesome.

Or in other words, just do whatever the -_- you want to do, it's an open world game.

#73 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Hello folks,

Please be polite to one another.

Posts demanding a user to stop posting in a discussion are not constructive and a derail to the topic.

Some posts had to go.

So kindly stay on topic, thank you.

#74 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

Hello folks,

Please be polite to one another.

Posts demanding a user to stop posting in a discussion are not constructive and a derail to the topic.

Some posts had to go.

So kindly stay on topic, thank you.

Thank you.

--

It's quite entertaining to read some of the posts from those that are defending the decisions taken by some other server in another region, and us being forced to follow suit because -reasons-.

Throwing terms such as "tryhard" and using it in a negative connotation, using it as an argument to devalue the opinion of someone that plays the game differently, just for the sake of it, is quite annoying.

We want the MVP cards back. Most of us will never see a card dropping. How many times have you killed that one monster while you leveled and you never got a card? I'm sure that more than one will say that they've killed 999999 Raydrics and they never got a card. Imagine us, the MVP hunters, that can only kill an MVP once every hour, with competition, and we invest consumables that are not cheap in the process. 

This is not only about the card dropping. We want the thrill of knowing that there's a very small chance that after our 9000 kill we'll get something good. Chances are this won't happen, but it means a lot to us. In a game ruled by RNG, we like that feeling.

Now. A lot of the problem currently lies on the fact that we didn't know that cards were removed from most MVPs. We feel betrayed. If we had known this was a thing, we might have not invested so much time gearing up or hunting for the slim chance of getting something good.

The fact that we're 99 and we have gear to MVP doesn't mean that we rushed through the game to do this. We leveled at our own pace. If that differs from yours that doesn't mean that our argument is less valid. We want to like this game, we want to play it. But it feels bad when the company behind the game does things like this. It alienates us.

The way you play the game might be more common than our style. But in the end, you need us as much as we need you.

Edited by MetalKitten, 26 August 2017 - 03:11 PM.

#75 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

^ I couldn't agree more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users