DA Katar - Grimtooth mobbing, gear and stats - Thief Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

DA Katar - Grimtooth mobbing, gear and stats

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SmokieDude

SmokieDude

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

So I keep flipping between mains and now want to focus on a sin.  It seems like DA is much easier to get going without massive amounts of money so that's my choice.

A few questions I had was:

1) Is it viable to grimtooth mobs to farm easily? Or am I going to be primarily leveling by killing mobs one at a time?

2) As far as gear goes, I already have a mage ready to job change to sage to be an endow slave.  With that in mind, am I right in thinking that I should overupgrade Jur [3] and have triple saharic, etc. for the elements and just endow with the element I need? I'm not sure how the damage calcs work, but what would be more powerful a +7 (maybe even +5?) double carded katar or a +8-10 triple carded Jur?  For WoE and HOs I figure a bloody infiltrator is my best bet?

3) What sort of stats should I be building for this kind of build? Their seems to be some variation from all the posts I've read so any guideline would be appreciated! Thanks.

#2 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

The main issue you're going to experience is due to overcrowding, your mobs will get stolen a lot.

#3 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Also Boned Infiltrator is better than Bloody Infiltrator for pvp/woe

#4 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

So I keep flipping between mains and now want to focus on a sin.  It seems like DA is much easier to get going without massive amounts of money so that's my choice.

A few questions I had was:

1) Is it viable to grimtooth mobs to farm easily? Or am I going to be primarily leveling by killing mobs one at a time?

2) As far as gear goes, I already have a mage ready to job change to sage to be an endow slave.  With that in mind, am I right in thinking that I should overupgrade Jur [3] and have triple saharic, etc. for the elements and just endow with the element I need? I'm not sure how the damage calcs work, but what would be more powerful a +7 (maybe even +5?) double carded katar or a +8-10 triple carded Jur?  For WoE and HOs I figure a bloody infiltrator is my best bet?

3) What sort of stats should I be building for this kind of build? Their seems to be some variation from all the posts I've read so any guideline would be appreciated! Thanks.

On 1) Yes it is as soon as you get comfortable with grimmtooth and your mobbing skills ,you are able kill big mobbs pretty efficent, without using to much potions.

On 2)  A +7 Katar is a good choice with endow even more so it performs better than a triple carded jur

On 3) For a DA/GT build:

~70-80 str

~80-90 agi

~ 30-50 vit

~ 1-10 int

~ 40~60 dex

~ 1 luk

the variations in builds is a result of renewal mechanics they are far more forgiving than classic used to be that opens up a lot of variation or at least a lot more than it used to be

The main issue you're going to experience is due to overcrowding, your mobs will get stolen a lot.

Other sin dont tend to steal your mobs ... well there may be one or to very destinct classes that tend to do this... if you however mobbed the right way they start to question thier life choices and usually dont tend to try to steal it a second time.. .

Also Boned Infiltrator is better than Bloody Infiltrator for pvp/woe

correct of course even an infiltrator should be somewhat  upgraded to make it wortwhile

#5 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

Grim mobbing KS does happen since DA Katar weapon is the worst U could equip ur Thief with. Should be Daggers to max damage when using the GrimTooth skill.

#6 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Grim mobbing KS does happen since DA Katar weapon is the worst U could equip ur Thief with. Should be Daggers to max damage when using the GrimTooth skill.

1. thief arnt assasins

2. daggers cant be used with grimmtooth

3. if you done it right a mob has lost a good portion of its health before anyone can ks it 

4. if you mobbed right they lay on the floor beggin for ress if you try to run into your mobb or eat a massive amount of pots

Edited by RealGarion, 29 August 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

dont bothet with him, 90% of his posts make 0 sense lol

#8 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:15 AM

It makes sense if you play Journey where grimtooth is a thief skill and doesn't have weapon restrictions, but that a very different game.

#9 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

1. thief arnt assasins
2. daggers cant be used with grimmtooth
3. if you done it right a mob has lost a good portion of its health before anyone can ks it
4. if you mobbed right they lay on the floor beggin for ress if you try to run into your mobb or eat a massive amount of pots

Dagger Rogue/ASS Skill Grimtooth u can use dagger u =change job ! Imbeciles know and U don't ? As for stats mobbing ASPD Agi/Str yet potting adjust the autocombat to 70% HP then use pot.

#10 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

dont bothet with him, 90% of his posts make 0 sense lol

Just want to make sure that no one listen to this guy   v 

Dagger Rogue/ASS Skill Grimtooth u can use dagger u =change job ! Imbeciles know and U don't ? As for stats mobbing ASPD Agi/Str yet potting adjust the autocombat to 70% HP then use pot.

No... 

#11 youalllovekevin

youalllovekevin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

Ok so I have a similar question, except i am curious about all my gear.. lol im making a DA assasin, and feel that i may have wasted some hard earned zeny on my mocking muffler and all my knights gear, thats the only thing i kept (got muffler so other chars could use it, now i doubt ill have any that will need it) and besides that iv'e heard of some pantie undie combo i maybe should have used my whisper card in...RO is much different than when i played 10 years ago and ive already ruined one character and wasted lots of zeny and time so i figured i should ask for advice basically curious on what gear to aim for first , in every slot.. currently i got about 10m rn a snake hat and a mocking muffler... thanks for any advice!!!

oh and should i save for the infiltrator or jus go with the katar with a skel worker an hydra? an work on my other gears first, hes only a thief now and im still playing my blacksmith mostly jus to get the cash to gear him up

Edited by youalllovekevin, 22 November 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#12 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Ok so I have a similar question, except i am curious about all my gear.. lol im making a DA assasin, and feel that i may have wasted some hard earned zeny on my mocking muffler and all my knights gear, thats the only thing i kept (got muffler so other chars could use it, now i doubt ill have any that will need it) and besides that iv'e heard of some pantie undie combo i maybe should have used my whisper card in...RO is much different than when i played 10 years ago and ive already ruined one character and wasted lots of zeny and time so i figured i should ask for advice basically curious on what gear to aim for first , in every slot.. currently i got about 10m rn a snake hat and a mocking muffler... thanks for any advice!!!

oh and should i save for the infiltrator or jus go with the katar with a skel worker an hydra? an work on my other gears first, hes only a thief now and im still playing my blacksmith mostly jus to get the cash to gear him up

Starting gear :

Pantie + Undershirt & +x Damascus 2x Andre (Novice cutter with some upgraded until jobchange is fine though, since you have mocking muffler pantie undershirt isnt needed)

Some Basic  starting Weapons:

+7 Double Saharic Katar (2x drainlair)   -> byalan to farm, later anolians (lv 80+)works well is cheap 

+7 double Hallowed Katar (2x santa poring) -> from jobchange onwards at bathorys, later you can go rays for farming with this quite well

+7 double smashing Katar (2x Orc Lady Card) -> from jobchange onwards at high orc ,tend to loose it uses past lv 70+

+7 double beholder Katar (2x peco peco egg Card)  -> Alarms basicly from 75-85 easy grimmtooth targets

Assasin are very efficient with gear you basicly dont need to much to get to lv 99 and can get away with the least amount of gear and pots . However you are useless in MVP/WoE szenarios.

Some other gear suggestions:

2x Fortunes Sword, 2x yoyo clip/rosary , endure amistr bag + choco card, shoes + wild rose 

This gives you a really pot efficent mobber that can outpace (if you get comfortable with it) most other mobber classes.

About armors its pretty straight forward ,you want any Ele Armor Card anyway and at one points +9 superior(firelock card) shoes/boots or at least fledged  (verit card).

Useally a mocking muffler doesnt help you that much past lv 80 and looses its value quite quickly to immune

#13 youalllovekevin

youalllovekevin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Starting gear :

Pantie + Undershirt & +x Damascus 2x Andre (Novice cutter with some upgraded until jobchange is fine though, since you have mocking muffler pantie undershirt isnt needed)

Some Basic  starting Weapons:

+7 Double Saharic Katar (2x drainlair)   -> byalan to farm, later anolians (lv 80+)works well is cheap 

+7 double Hallowed Katar (2x santa poring) -> from jobchange onwards at bathorys, later you can go rays for farming with this quite well

+7 double smashing Katar (2x Orc Lady Card) -> from jobchange onwards at high orc ,tend to loose it uses past lv 70+

+7 double beholder Katar (2x peco peco egg Card)  -> Alarms basicly from 75-85 easy grimmtooth targets

Assasin are very efficient with gear you basicly dont need to much to get to lv 99 and can get away with the least amount of gear and pots . However you are useless in MVP/WoE szenarios.

Some other gear suggestions:

2x Fortunes Sword, 2x yoyo clip/rosary , endure amistr bag + choco card, shoes + wild rose 

This gives you a really pot efficent mobber that can outpace (if you get comfortable with it) most other mobber classes.

About armors its pretty straight forward ,you want any Ele Armor Card anyway and at one points +9 superior(firelock card) shoes/boots or at least fledged  (verit card).

Useally a mocking muffler doesnt help you that much past lv 80 and looses its value quite quickly to immune

thank you brobro! appreciate it

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

I personally used a +7 double boned katar for both pasanas and anolians

and nobody seems to have mentioned this but get backslide for mobbing! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users