Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

Ever since the release of Rock Ridge a certain shuckle intrigued me with an Auto Cast Sorcerer using the Elemental Set.

Though my build to this day only ever kept the armor from this set, the entire concept was fun to play with.

Now there are two ways to really achieve this build. The cheaper and sustainable way is to use the CD in Mouth as the primary catalyst.

However, with the release of the most recent OCP you have the option to ditch the CD in Mouth and go for the Lunar Rainbow instead.

Now as far as I am concerned, both have their pros and cons, but at the end of the day the Lunar Rainbow wins by a country mile.

The CD in Mouth build is cheap as -_-, and the core pieces of gear are honestly the Magical Rings + Magician's Nightcap + CD in Mouth, everything else was to give extra assistance to achieving more DPS or ASPD without the need for multiple buffs. This build purely focused on bolt damage and honestly could pull over 100,000 dps easily on most mobs since it always proc'ed in HUGE burst when coupled with Double Bolt (this pretty much makes it just continue forever).

If you have a linker, you can also add Hindsight to increase the damage by a -_- LOAD, I would recommend Lightning Bolt seeing as you can get a lot of extra damage from that, but if you have a highly upgraded NAM garment on hand Fire Bolt also does well.

The biggest pros about the CD in Mouth build was the Nightcap would provide 5 solid ASPD, which meant you could EASILY swap between the four summons to suit your target. You could also use w/e shield you wanted, so you could roll something like a Valk shield for more defense or a Platinum Shield for some nice mitigation as well. The biggest con was damage. I rolled a +15 Crimson Rod to make up for the MATK loss of the Mob Scarf, since it gave quite a bit onto itself and it gives 1 more ASPD over using something like a dagger. I personally never used books, they are -_- and there isn't a book in the game that is truly worth the time. Elemental Origin had promise, but the Elemental Cape doesn't have a slot, so you lose NAM, which means your fire damage drops it like its hot. Which sucks because the best bit about the full Elemental Set was the 5% chance to cast a maximum level Fire Ball when using physical OR magical attacks. If it had a slot, then yes, the game changes like no one's business.

With the Lunar Rainbow, obviously you can use not only the Mob Scarf, but you can also technically still use a Crimson Rod as well, however there is a reason why I am not. Personally, even though Crimson Rod will give well over 280 more MATK, at the end of the day it only has two card slots, and what makes an auto cast sorc shine is spamming as many magical attacks at any one time, and if you can only use half of the Lunar Rainbow's set bonus, that is a huge drop in casts. Though if you were to use a Crimson Rod, Fire+Wind and Water+Earth would be the combo I would go with. Sadly, because a mob scarf is too good not to use with the Lunar Rainbow, it means you have to drop Hero Mask and find some reflect elsewhere (because reflect is amazing and almost as important as 7 hits per second). This means Mad Bunny Season. For me personally as well, since I was losing the Crimson Rod in favour of casting all four types of magic, I also lost ASPD from my FAW, since I wanted to recover as much magical attack as possible, so I had to settle for an unslotted Mad Bunny Shield for the extra 3 ASPD, so that I could get the most magic attack as possible. I would have kept the FAW at a max ASPD roll, if it would help, but honestly losing the 5 solid ASPD from Magician's Nightcap hurts, and even a Ventus summon will only even the odds. And you lose 1 ASPD versus a one handed staff when using a dagger.

Essentially, the whole point is that you have to give and take if you want to keep up ASPD versus DAMAGE versus PROC CHANCE. It's a game of balance, and it is very fun, though a little expensive.

Luckily, by not having any ASPD on my accessories, this lets me swap them to whatever I want whenever I want. Magical Rings are almost always the best in slot, ESG is good for huge mobs but otherwise stupid as -_-, Magician's Glove is great if your targets have more than 40% damage reduction versus magic (anything less is pointless reduce since you are pounding them with frequently well powered attacks and the overall reduction isn't worth fighting for), and if your target hates fire? Use an Alchemy Glove. That -_- is amazing, increases fire damage, has a 5% chance to cast a level 5 Fire Ball when dealing physical or magical attacks. You can't go wrong.

The only minor issue I have is that sometimes it can be hard to hit certain mobs, and if you don't hit them you don't auto cast. Luckily with things like VIP Buffs, Green Trans Candy, Military Rashion B and +20 DEX/LUK Food, you can add a good 76 HIT at any given time.

But yeah, I hope some people love auto cast sorc as much as I do, can't wait to max level the -_- for the full mob scarf/magical ring bonus.

-Mike

Edited by Nirvanna21, 25 August 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

thanks for making a 'test' of build i have yet to try (havent played in weeks):

Lunar rainbow + mob scarf set + valk knife with pitman hillwind ferus and laurell

#3 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

Rainbow certainly gonna make me re-roll stats and some gears orz. I was content with 90 AGI with MNC, but now I need at least 100 AGI or keep Ventus as main pet. As you said, balancing ASPD and damage is a bit tricky. Now I dont know if HBP is enough, and should I change to ASPD FAW+Temp AGI/AD to reach 193?

And yes, the shield is the -_-tiest part. Now I have to stuck with unslotted MBS for extra ASPD, it make me pretty defenceless. I always see HS Sorc full of opening, as we can't do anything while we rain down bolts on enemies, thanks to cast delay. So its either losing ASPD or defense here.

Say, what do you think of Arc Elder as NAM substitute? With Earth Spike and Heavens Drive auto cast at max lvl, could it be useful?

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Rainbow certainly gonna make me re-roll stats and some gears orz. I was content with 90 AGI with MNC, but now I need at least 100 AGI or keep Ventus as main pet. As you said, balancing ASPD and damage is a bit tricky. Now I dont know if HBP is enough, and should I change to ASPD FAW+Temp AGI/AD to reach 193?

And yes, the shield is the -_-tiest part. Now I have to stuck with unslotted MBS for extra ASPD, it make me pretty defenceless. I always see HS Sorc full of opening, as we can't do anything while we rain down bolts on enemies, thanks to cast delay. So its either losing ASPD or defense here.

Say, what do you think of Arc Elder as NAM substitute? With Earth Spike and Heavens Drive auto cast at max lvl, could it be useful?

100 AGI with an FAW with max ASPD enchants will give you 21% ASPD and 1 solid ASPD, versus a HBP that gives you 8% ASPD and 1 solid ASPD. You also get that additional 10 AGI which does make a difference. Personally, my 175 stats would be 12 STR, 100 AGI, 88 VIT, 120 INT, 120 DEX, 1 LUK. You could also go 13 STR, 94 AGI, 94 VIT, 120 INT, 120 DEX, 1 LUK. I sacrificed my ASPD enchants on my FAW in favour of SPELL ones so that I could get back some missing MATK from swapping weapons.

The shield sucks, but we do have energy coat which is plenty of overall damage reduction, however this is wrecked by RM for me personally.

As for AE v NAM, obviously it depends on your target. If you are gonna go kill Missy? AE is probably better since it would boost your earth damage. However I find Fire Ball versus Heaven's Drive, Fire Ball wins out unless of course v a Fire or Water type.

Could always have an FAW for both :U

EDIT, was bored so went to go kill Moonlight Flower. Dropped a Sohee tame which worked on first try which was a nice bonus :U

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

EDIT2, thought I would add this old video from when I was leveling my sorc. Was very fun to use DL+ESG+CD+ER+Kaahi/Kaizel etc :U

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Edited by Nirvanna21, 26 August 2017 - 05:19 PM.

#5 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

Sadly I've already put NAM on my +10 HBP. FAW is very specific, while being Hindsight Sorc is like hybrid, that's why I choose HBP over FAW. Without MNC looks like I need to sacrifice damage for ASPD.

Balancing stats really become tricky with this new hat orz. And there's issue about accessories too. Keep wondering between Horn of Kirin, Assassin Despair, Magical Ring, or ESG+Owl Marquees+Viscount combo. If Fire condor card and Celine Ribbon really come, we will get more diverse choice lol

#6 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

You guys forget about naga shield. It's pretty reliable with higher upgrades and has a card slot for defence. But that'd mean losing 3 flat aspd.

I wish we received emblem of elemental focus which got discarded by kRO :sob:

Edited by asperatus, 27 August 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#7 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

We almost have the same equips for autocast sorc

#8 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Right so I balanced out my Sorc.

I bought a second +12 NAM FAW and enchanted it with AD3/AD3/SpecialAGI. So I obviously lose 66 MATK, however with this I am able to open up my other gear slots for different scenarios. The FAW enchants allow me to reach 193 ASPD without the use of Ventus, the extra 4 AGI from the SpecialAGI enchant means not needing to use Guarana Candy for any additional AGI to make up that small difference for the 193 ASPD.

However if I use a different shield and armor for the sake of defense, I just need to re-summon ventus, as Ventus provides 5 flat ASPD, and my Elemental Robe's 10% gives 2 ASPD, and my Mad Bunny Shield gives 3 ASPD. The small loss of MATK can be mitigated if I summon my Aqua, however the real bonus of having 193 ASPD is that I can swap between any of my summons at any time. Ventus is absolutely -_- for Mistress, so using Agni, Tera or Aqua in place of her is awesome. Still, being able to play offensively and defensively is great.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 27 August 2017 - 01:16 PM.

#9 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

why not putting lunar rainbow and cd in mouth at the same time?

#10 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

why not putting lunar rainbow and cd in mouth at the same time?

For me personally, I get enough skill procs from the 8 skills that CAN be cast already, which is a 7% chance for each one which means odds are something will cast with each hit, and if it is a bolt Double Bolt will make it go off twice.

So with that said, I would rather have the extra damage provided by a mob scarf so that when these skills do it, they do more damage. CD in Mouth is great however, the skills IT can cast are limited by it's own levels, 3x Level 7 Bolts do a lot of damage versus 3x Level 1 ~ 5 Bolts. And when my Lunar gets to +10, it will make the CD in Mouth more useless.

Now technically nothing I have on procs anything from a magical attack aside from my RM, but then if I wanted to make that a thing I would just get an Alchemy Glove so that a level 5 fire ball shoots off. The damage from that is worth it :U

#11 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

Because mob scarf gives tons of MATK and can compensate the MATK loss from using Valk Knife over rods or Elemental Origin.

Sometimes for defense against MVP elemental attacks I choose to summon lvl 2 spirit for their defensive skills. Pretty neat than having Insignia. I can tank MVP WB without water armor or pots lol.

#12 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

I do have mobscarf but I myself use CD in mouth + elemental origin,it does more with enemies w/ elemental weakness, say weak to fire. my RM proc is also way more constant . My level though is still low, lvl 140 consequently my stats so surely it is a factor why mobscarf gives lower damage atm.

#13 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

I do have mobscarf but I myself use CD in mouth + elemental origin,it does more with enemies w/ elemental weakness, say weak to fire. my RM proc is also way more constant . My level though is still low, lvl 140 consequently my stats so surely it is a factor why mobscarf gives lower damage atm.

I would love the elemental origin set if the garment had a slot, but without it it has a rather significant loss.

It's annoying that you lose a level 10 Fire Ball that casts on magic attacks, but you can always just use an Alchemy Glove for a half powered effect whilst still using the scarf.

And yeah, the scarf is the best with 120/120 INT/DEX, I am not quite there yet but at that point you get 360 MATK, not including all the other nice benefits.

#14 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

im not using the full set, just for +50 matk then remove garment replace with my hbp/faw

#15 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

Dissapointed with Elemental Robe's "chance to add +50 MATK when casting Double Bolt". I always thought that the buff always there on Double Bolt Cast. The only good thing on Elemental Robe is 10% ASPD. MATK bonus is too small compared with Flattery Robe. And Thunderstorm proc is overshadowed with Lunar Rainbow.

The best proc on magic is definitely Immortal Wind Ghost card. The Killing Cloud can even proc another Killing Cloud.

#16 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:06 AM

it's not chance, its 100%, description is wrong

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

Fixed, should be good next maint.

#18 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:26 AM

this is the one much much more dissappointing.. Adds a 6% chance of buffing the user for 1 minute when using Double Bolt; Matk + 50

... I should've not believe you back then ):<. Now I make a fool of myself

#19 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

... I should've not believe you back then ):<. Now I make a fool of myself

That was when the patch was just released, things change when you test it. Blame Nirvana  :heh:

#20 Aldomcr

Aldomcr

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

CD in Mouth still being the best in slot.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

not really

#22 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Why blame me? I just write up what WP gives me, it's their job to find out the facts.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

actually it begins with kRO sending correct descriptions :T

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

actually it begins with kRO sending correct descriptions :T

It has never happened, and it never will.

#25 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

dont take it seriously, we all know  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users