Homunculus freezes and stops attacking from time to time when I am cloaking... - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus freezes and stops attacking from time to time when I am cloaking...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

I bought a Shinobi card that auto-cast cloaking at 10% chance when I am mobbed by Orc Skeletons. It works nicely when I am standing next to wall, but there is a problem. My Homunculus sometimes just becomes frozen and stop attacking monsters, especially when it is under attack by 5+ monsters. When this happens, I have to use cart cannon to kill the mobs, and move a few cells so my Homunculus starts to follow me again. If I dont do anything, my homunculus dies.

I thought the distance my homunculus stands away from me could be the problem, but it seems that this is not an issue when I am not in cloaking status. My homunculus attacks fine and doesnt freeze when I aint cloaking, so now I am out of ideas. Does anyone else experience the same problem? Why does my homunculus freeze randomly when I am cloaking? Is this a bug?

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

I think is a bug but it also happens when not cloacking. Try activating berserk mode and maybe mob priority?

#3 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Is your homunculus a sera? Does it always get stuck in the same place (relative to your location)?

#4 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

Is your homunculus a sera? Does it always get stuck in the same place (relative to your location)?

Umm are you implying that it is only Sera that has this problem? For me, I recently found that my homunculus can get stuck if it gets enough far away from me(like near the edge of the screen), even if I aint cloaking. Perhaps, the key is to shorten the distance it can go away from my location?

#5 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

Umm are you implying that it is only Sera that has this problem? For me, I recently found that my homunculus can get stuck if it gets enough far away from me(like near the edge of the screen), even if I aint cloaking. Perhaps, the key is to shorten the distance it can go away from my location?

You can fix that by shortening the aggro distance in the ai

#6 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

No, I'm trying to determine if it's one of the bugs I know about, assuming you're using AzzyAI. There's not enough information for me to know if that is the problem you're having.

If it's getting stuck due to running off the screen entirely, then you may want to experiment with AggroDist--as MoyuZ777 suggested--and MoveBounds.

#7 Sorakie

Sorakie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

I see this "Bug" pretty often in Low TI from other gene and my Eleanor as well.

My aggro dist is at max tho, lazy to change it.

#8 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:42 AM

No, I'm trying to determine if it's one of the bugs I know about, assuming you're using AzzyAI. There's not enough information for me to know if that is the problem you're having.

If it's getting stuck due to running off the screen entirely, then you may want to experiment with AggroDist--as MoyuZ777 suggested--and MoveBounds.

I see. Well reducing aggro-distance fixes the freezing problem when I am not cloaking. However, when I am cloaking my Homunculus still freezes randomly, even if it is just a 2-3 cells away from my hiding spot.

#9 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

Coward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users