August 30th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 30th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

130 replies to this topic

#51 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Can we have a SuperNovice added to game? It perfectly fits in 2-1 only class server as it doesn't have any 2-2 skills either. Or rather... why isnt it in the game yet?

#52 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:None.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

well WP should introduce WoE Helmets into Cashshop.

Donald Trump Hat

-100% Damage from Demi-Human

-5000 Int

- deactivated friends list

Only 12.5B KP. Should be enough for programm any  working anti-bot-shield

Edited by roflcopter123456, 30 August 2017 - 10:34 AM.

#53 jaypeesevilla

jaypeesevilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationL.A
  • Server:Restart-ODIN

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

I've been trying to formulate my thoughts on the bot problem for a few weeks now, but honestly, still find it a bit baffling. I'm not much of a gamer outside of Ragnarok, and only play Re:Start for the nostalgic feels and stress relief from a demanding job, so it it a bit mind-boggling to me that this problem even exists on a 10+ year old game. Obviously the problem is player-driven, since the law of supply-demand dictate that if there was no demand for gold sellers, they simply wouldn't exist. Therefore there are legitimate players purchasing gold/botting on a pretty massive scale, which is the most depressing part imo.

I'm somewhat resolved to the existence of bots in general since it appears to be an uphill battle. That being said, I don't see my stay on restart lasting much longer because of the issue. It's downright depressing and somewhat embarrassing investing time in a game where you cannot keep public chat enabled because you are spammed 5 times per second with zeny seller messages, where identical bots stack ontop of one another at respawn points and tool dealers, where it is literally impossible to play on lower-level maps, and where a card dropping instills absolute panic re: looting rather than euphoria over hours of hard work paying off.

I'm not sure the point I'm trying to make, aside from requesting that legitimate players rethink their involvement in botting/buying gold. What's the point in being wealthy and overpowered on a ghost server that will end up with no real community?

Yup i have KP points left to spend let see if some changes happen here. Im thinking this too. Asking myself a question "Why did i go back to RO???" LOL

#54 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

well WP should introduce WoE Helmets into Cashshop.

Donald Trump Hat

-100% Damage from Demi-Human

-5000 Int

- deactivated friends list

Only 12.5B KP. Should be enough for programm any  working anti-bot-shield

nah...

instead of -100% from demi-humans it should be: casts safety Wall on the user when physically attacked by players, attacker pays for the gem required to cast.

Edited by DarthaNyan, 30 August 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#55 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

thats true. but then you cant sell it for 12,5b KP. and also it should be

casts safety wall on the user when physically attacked and someone else has to pay the bg for it

Edited by roflcopter123456, 30 August 2017 - 10:45 AM.

#56 jaypeesevilla

jaypeesevilla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationL.A
  • Server:Restart-ODIN

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Great to see that new useful hats that aren't game breaking are coming in. With that said, for the love of god can we avoid all game breaking helmets from entering this server? Like a hat that gives +9~12 stats.

The answer? Probably not because some people feel the need to throw excessive KP at Warpportal.

Throw that +9-12 stat helmet in and make it unsellabel and untradable. Let see what these bots gonna do LOL 

THey cna farm all they like but they will never lay a hand on those helmets even tho they are wealthy from bot farming LOL

#57 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

they buy snakehats....

#58 DoomDoomDoom

DoomDoomDoom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

And you should repair all of the account which cant login earlier , you guys have so much work to do , keep your hard work , be consider of player thoughts , sleep well , eat well.

#59 takeoh86

takeoh86

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Is the 'Compensation Event' aka Exp event being extended again?

#60 SoulLoki

SoulLoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

We've come here for nostalgy, and what 've got? - KP hats - bots - hylozst card off (now drop deadbranch) - deadbranches without mini mvp/mvp - where's OrcHero at Orc Village? Niice - dat drop list - where's anti item snatch system? - and more more more Ty, WarpPortal! Nice feelings, best memories. Any good changes after 2 month?

#61 pippi

pippi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:classic and renewal

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

I've been trying to formulate my thoughts on the bot problem for a few weeks now, but honestly, still find it a bit baffling. I'm not much of a gamer outside of Ragnarok, and only play Re:Start for the nostalgic feels and stress relief from a demanding job, so it it a bit mind-boggling to me that this problem even exists on a 10+ year old game. Obviously the problem is player-driven, since the law of supply-demand dictate that if there was no demand for gold sellers, they simply wouldn't exist. Therefore there are legitimate players purchasing gold/botting on a pretty massive scale, which is the most depressing part imo.

I'm somewhat resolved to the existence of bots in general since it appears to be an uphill battle. That being said, I don't see my stay on restart lasting much longer because of the issue. It's downright depressing and somewhat embarrassing investing time in a game where you cannot keep public chat enabled because you are spammed 5 times per second with zeny seller messages, where identical bots stack ontop of one another at respawn points and tool dealers, where it is literally impossible to play on lower-level maps, and where a card dropping instills absolute panic re: looting rather than euphoria over hours of hard work paying off.

I'm not sure the point I'm trying to make, aside from requesting that legitimate players rethink their involvement in botting/buying gold. What's the point in being wealthy and overpowered on a ghost server that will end up with no real community?

#62 NitroKagu

NitroKagu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Agreed. I think the command /autloot should be added.  There have been countless times while grinding you can tell the bots from real players as they the fools who hover over your drops trying to pick them up while your killing a mob you collected.  If your worried about becoming over weight then its easy mob grind when the time comes and you hit the 90% overweight get to town and sell the loot you collected....easy?

#63 kiou26

kiou26

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

autoloot would be nice so no one can steal your loot

#64 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

yeah its such a good thing to make a /autoloot race with bots. WOW BRILLIANT. Where can i punch the sh.it out of these morons? wtf. being too lazy to loot himself trying to make us think his mofo pserver garbage will help to keep loot to the killer while ALL BOTS can use the same command and the loot is not/too short protected.

change lootprotectiontimer -> ignore all pserver morons -> problem solved.

allow /autoloot command so bots can steal loot much faster while you kill mobs. the dumbest idea ever...

btw. WP is selling Greedscrolls little brainlords ;)

Edited by roflcopter123456, 30 August 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#65 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

We've come here for nostalgy, and what 've got? - KP hats - bots - hylozst card off (now drop deadbranch) - deadbranches without mini mvp/mvp - where's OrcHero at Orc Village? Niice - dat drop list - where's anti item snatch system? - and more more more Ty, WarpPortal! Nice feelings, best memories. Any good changes after 2 month?

I can agree a little but there are something you are wrong, if you really are a old player who coming to the nostalgy time, then you must be know Orc Hero is not in the Orc Village right? He is in the dungeon, at least that was in my old memory, i still dont even try to check but pretty sure he must be there.

#66 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

I can agree a little but there are something you are wrong, if you really are a old player who coming to the nostalgy time, then you must be know Orc Hero is not in the Orc Village right? He is in the dungeon, at least that was in my old memory, i still dont even try to check but pretty sure he must be there.

orc hero -> Village

orc lord-> Dungeon

but dunno.... the complaing?! already saw both on the place they should be. so... where is the problem?!

Edited by roflcopter123456, 30 August 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#67 NiNjaTekNiCs

NiNjaTekNiCs

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:restart and europe

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

Autolooting for players means BOTs will autoloot too...  Autolooting bots farm faster... economy gets destroyed faster... zenny lose power.. only thing left will be people who bot-farmed high end equip or people who bought their stuff with alot $$ or €€ real money.

Even your forum comments are scams, scamy sh!t like the 10 silver vendors..For the dummys: who else than bot users will get the profit of autoloot?

Cmon we all know this will not end. ONLY way to stop this would be a ridicolous attempt of botusers theirself stopping abuse the game core..

Whatever you guys are all fucn genious..

#68 9163170722231722530

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Autolooting for players means BOTs will autoloot too...  Autolooting bots farm faster... economy gets destroyed faster... zenny lose power.. only thing left will be people who bot-farmed high end equip or people who bought their stuff with alot $$ or €€ real money.

Even your forum comments are scams, scamy sh!t like the 10 silver vendors..For the dummys: who else than bot users will get the profit of autoloot?

Cmon we all know this will not end. ONLY way to stop this would be a ridicolous attempt of botusers theirself stopping abuse the game core..

Whatever you guys are all fucn genious..

this is true

#69 Karnaji

Karnaji

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

>no anti bot yet

>still no bot bans, same bots running on the same maps for weeks on end with no stop.

>idiots botting in guilds, and yet they do not get banned

>lower maps are not playable

>idiots ksing everyone

you guys sure are doing a good job keep it up :no1:

Spoiler

>It's free to play

>you're an idiot

:no1:

#70 NitroKagu

NitroKagu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

economy is already destroyed with whales using bots for gear/cards then sells back to the population for 5x if not more the actual value of the item. i only suggested autoloot as a way to insure those who actually have a chance to get a good drop it auto goes to them so obviously bots wouldn't be able to steal from players anymore and has nothing to do with having played a pserver before. I've been in many RO servers included the original so slow your roll before you call others lazy i have no prob mobbing or picking my loot up i just don't mob to big or then i know bots will come and steal.  From the training zone we should all already get that there is a over population of bots in the game so you should already know not to do big mob farming where you have to kill all your mobs before you can get to your loot, it just gives chance for others to every walk in or tele in and take it after the protection time runs out.

#71 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

Server's now open. A client patch is required to log in.

#72 GoodVibesz

GoodVibesz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Server's now open. A client patch is required to log in.

Disconnected  from server after I select my character to login?

#73 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Disconnected  from server after I select my character to login?

Did you patch?

#74 Jisunsu

Jisunsu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Mine got a "Failed to write file" error (and yes I tried running it as administrator) during patch.

#75 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Mine got a "Failed to write file" error (and yes I tried running it as administrator) during patch.

means you have client running already.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users