August 31st Renewal Maintenance - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 31st Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#26 NotSureIfSrs

NotSureIfSrs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

Has the bugs concerning +9 Enforcer Cape [1] been fixed? i haven't been on this week due to school. But i did want to log on the forums incase it hasn't been fixed by now. Feedback would be appreciated by the GMs on this topic since the servers are down! It can be patched now if it hasn't been fixed.

#27 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

Don't know about you, but i'll only spent a cent on this server the day that KNOWN bugs become FIXED, if this ever happen...

#28 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

My wishlist, in no particular order:

- empowered mora gears update for AB and WL: choose what item you want (atm: choose what slot the item you want goes into) and only need +7 to exchange a weapon for it's empowered version (kro got this Oct 14th, 2015)
- uniform quest cooldowns
- Mado Mechanic improvements
- pet hunger bar (even euRO has this wtf)
- Nightmare Old Glast Heim
- less pay2win cash items or some way to earn those items via ingame means (I'm fine with one, both would be most amazing)

- Guarana Candy bulk purchase
- Guild storage

- new guild UI (shows last active date of characters)
- new refinement UI (blacksmith's blessing says hi)
- Brasilis cards
- Excellion set

- Bounty Boards for Verus and Lasagna

#29 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

- empowered mora gears update for AB and WL: choose what item you want (atm: choose what slot the item you want goes into) and only need +7 to exchange a weapon for it's empowered version (kro got this Oct 14th, 2015)
- uniform quest cooldowns
- Mado Mechanic improvements
- pet hunger bar (even euRO has this wtf)
- Nightmare Old Glast Heim
- less pay2win cash items or some way to earn those items via ingame means (I'm fine with one, both would be most amazing)

- Guarana Candy bulk purchase
- Guild storage

- new guild UI (shows last active date of characters)
- new refinement UI (blacksmith's blessing says hi)
- Brasilis cards
- Excellion set

- Bounty Boards for Verus and Lasagna

Your wishlist is doinng 2 years anniversary, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY iRO PLAYER'S WISHLIST
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOU!

funny-leonardo-decaprio-dancing-happy-bi

Edited by Ethanasael, 31 August 2017 - 09:11 AM.

#30 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

idk new costume at westley, before only angeling cap there T_T

what anime your sig from 

#31 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

so much text when its just another "we do nothing except change TI"

#32 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

so much text when its just another "we do nothing except change TI"

I read as - "you will now only farm instances with decent default loot for the next 7 days"

#33 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Boring week is back~~

Now we have more time to grab the pillows and say I miss you~.. It is been awhile...since last month.. :heh:

#34 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

- blah
- bleh
- blah
- bleh
- blah
- blah bleh bleh

- blah blah
- blah

- bleh
- blah
- bleh
- Excellion set

- ble...

1v2jre.jpg

Edited by DieNasty, 31 August 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#35 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

My wishlist

- less pay2win cash items

lol that's like telling warpportal...please make less money...good luck with this one

#36 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

lol that's like telling warpportal...please make less money...good luck with this one

lol this... And Gravity considers that WP isnt making enough money, so they never take priority in WP's requests/questions. There is a reason why kRO updates arrive so late in iRO, and there is a reason why WP made the restart server, the company needs to make enough money to earn Gravity's respect. This doesnt mean that adding cash items is the only way to make money, but until a better alternative is found they have to stick with this.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 31 August 2017 - 10:32 AM.

#37 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Not really.

Cute costumes would sell extremely well and are not pay2win at all. They could just bring more of those. :)

And I did say a way to earn the pay2win stuff through ingame means would be really cool too instead. There will always be enough people wanting the shortcut through RL $$$.

#38 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Not really.

Cute costumes would sell extremely well and are not pay2win at all. They could just bring more of those. :)

And I did say a way to earn the pay2win stuff through ingame means would be really cool too instead. There will always be enough people wanting the shortcut through RL $$$.

Do you have stats and figures on how well past cute costumes sell compared to the past OCP boxes? Just curious.

#39 Paranoian

Paranoian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Any news on the update on critical attacks interacting with skills?  :sob:

#40 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

Your wishlist is doinng 2 years anniversary, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY iRO PLAYER'S WISHLIST
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOU!

funny-leonardo-decaprio-dancing-happy-bi

giphy.gif
Dance baby! :p_hi:

Edited by asperatus, 31 August 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#41 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Not really.

Dude stop dreaming. People spend 10,000 kp on mob scarb or tengu but on cute costumes? Ok let's say you are right cute costumes sell well and why wouldn't warpportal want to make more money by having both OCP items and cute costumes at the same time? Obtaining pay2win stuff in game means less motivation for players to buy them from cash shop and that translates into less revenue for warpprotal so obviously is not a wise move from a financial perspective. Who here thinks they are already making "enough" money anyway?

#42 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

Do you have stats and figures on how well past cute costumes sell compared to the past OCP boxes? Just curious.

This obviously depends on what headgears would be in the costume box, how many different headgears would be in the costume box, what the chances to obtain the "best ones" are, what OCP you compare against and how much a single costume box would cost. :v

But coming from euRO where 90% of the updates are either cash events noone does thanks to extremely crap rewards or costume boxes for the ultimate cuteness: The boxes sell extremely well unless you just put crap in them. And even then there are a ton of people actually wanting a Costume Poopoo Hat. :heh:

(At least the updates on euRO were like that back when I played there. :v Haven't touched it since I started on iRO, but played there a really long time before starting here.)

Dude stop dreaming. People spend 10,000 kp on mob scarb or tengu but on cute costumes? Ok let's say you are right cute costumes sell well and why wouldn't warpportal want to make more money by having both OCP items and cute costumes at the same time? Obtaining pay2win stuff in game means less motivation for players to buy them from cash shop and that translates into less revenue for warpprotal so obviously is not a wise move from a financial perspective. Who here thinks they are already making "enough" money anyway?

I actually knew people who spent way more than that on costume boxes. :v

And the motivation thing? Honestly fully depends on how hard it will be to obtain one of those items via ingame means. Make it hard enough and barely anyone would want to farm for it.

Edited by kubikyuu, 31 August 2017 - 10:46 AM.

#43 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

I actually knew people who spent way more than that on costume boxes. :v

And the motivation thing? Honestly fully depends on how hard it will be to obtain one of those items via ingame means. Make it hard enough and barely anyone would want to farm for it.

Yes perhaps anecdotally you know a few people who spend a lot on costume box. But if you consider the total number of purchase OCP items surely wins out. Because most people want to be OP in game rather than care about their in game appearance. This game is mostly pay2win and will continue to be. We have the 9th OCP box already and clearly there will be more to come. It is just too lucrative to not continue and I don't blame them because it is a business and it's how the server continues to live in 2017.

#44 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

Yes perhaps anecdotally you know a few people who spend a lot on costume box. But if you consider the total number of purchase OCP items surely wins out. Because most people want to be OP in game rather than care about their in game appearance. This game is mostly pay2win and will continue to be. We have the 9th OCP box already and clearly there will be more to come. It is just too lucrative to not continue and I don't blame them because it is a business and it's how the server continues to live in 2017.

This... If the game has more female players than male players, it may actually be true that more ppls care about in-game appearance than OP items since girls in general, care more about the appearance and cute things. But of course, other than virtual pet games, no other games have more female players than male players. :D

#45 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

If we care more about visuals than game changing itens let's STOP UPDATES HERE, bring just costume version of all itens for iRO, not any dungeon, instance, monster or card we don't have.

I'm talking for me, that if care more about visual than game changing itens i would NEVER start playing ragnarok, bad graphics, bad effects, visual itens bugs, i would play Dress Barbie or whatever...

I play it only for the playing style, top of view 2,5d and storyline. Most for the merchant classes Powerful Hits playing styles, that now is lost for mechanics, as we can see how much mechanics are recruited for parties, for example.

Edited by Ethanasael, 31 August 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#46 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

I'm talking for me, that if care more about visual than game changing itens i would play Dress Barbie or whatever...

hahahaha...you just made my day

equipping "phoneix hair" on your sura character is kind of like playing dress barbie though :heh:

#47 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

hahahaha...you just made my day

equipping "phoneix hair" on your sura character is kind of like playing dress barbie though :heh:

Hauehuaheuah, dress godmode barbie

#48 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

there is no long term solution to any of your problems, in the end somebody has to pull out a credit card for anyone to win

#49 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Or they could hear community and make tge server less LAGGING and more player welcome, i have 10 friends that would abbandon their private servers anytime ans join iro in my guild, sapere and starting spending time and money here, but WP dont care. All BR servers are Trash, oficial or not, played them all.
1000 players x10usd its 10000
4000 players x10usd its 40000
More money, even selling less for each player. Then ingame obtainable itens would make it more enjoyable, even more players, = even more MONEY. But WP is forgeting that they are a company that needa to be more attractive to gather more players.
Talking not for me, but for 2k+ brazilian ragnarok players words. Just brazilians, immagine the others...
Forgive errors, now i'm on my phone keyboard, my fingers are so big to type...

Edited by Ethanasael, 31 August 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#50 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

no matter what kind of protection you set up people will be able to bypass  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users