• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

The new anti-bot was disappointing to say the least. I find myself wanting to play the game less and less everyday because every map is filled with bots and like 300+ of them in some.

I know the GM's don't ban bots and when asked on the forums they say that the process is long and by the time they're done the bots create another account. If that is the case.. I think the process to ban bots need to be changed. The management needs to get their heads out of their asses. If the process is too long then change it to something that suits the server.

It's not just the bots in maps that affects my game everyday. I see botters on their merchants making millions selling their loot extremely cheap at times which degrades the value of my loot. 

For e.g. I farmed Muffler [1] all day and got 3 (in a bot infested map where bots aren't shy to ks). I came to Prontera to sell my mufflers only to realize the price had dropped from 600k to 350k because people were vending 10+ mufflers at a time for as less as 350k. I'd like to believe these were honest people farming naturally but I see the same characters every day with 10+ Mufflers for sale. They literally control the market too.

I'm giving the game another week to see if the situation changes. I feel stupid for playing honestly at this point. I would love for a GM/CM to comment on this and let us know whats being done now that the anti-bot has failed. Something aside from we're working on it.

Edited by Exxed, 30 August 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#2 Krudelu

Krudelu

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

If anything, why not just IP ban them rather than account ban

#3 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

False positives have no power here. Ban any suspicious characters at once! 

#4 RistrettoJoe

RistrettoJoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

I know the GM's don't ban bots 

I'm 100% sure GMs ban bots. The process must be really slow if they are not effective in mitigating bots. 

The bigger problem in bots are actually the high level bots. Low level bots can't get much zeny in low level spots (obviously)

#5 AsuraGG

AsuraGG

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

Please do. i keep talking to people and i feel like an idiot because i didn't know bots existed  :sob:

#6 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

I'm 100% sure GMs ban bots. The process must be really slow if they are not effective in mitigating bots. 

The bigger problem in bots are actually the high level bots. Low level bots can't get much zeny in low level spots (obviously)

The GM team doesn't ban bots proactively. I mean just go to Payon Dungeon 3. Holy -_-... Same bots every single day farming day and night. There are some bots there from pretty prominent guilds too. It's a low lvl spot killing Sohee.. But they make a crap ton of zeny. 

I did mention that if they keep on saying the process is too slow.. why not just change the process. 

#7 BestOneHere

BestOneHere

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

Try not having 3/4 your statements be lies. It will help GMs better understand the situation. Thanks.

#8 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

Try not having 3/4 your statements be lies. It will help GMs better understand the situation. Thanks.

And what statement would that be?

#9 BestOneHere

BestOneHere

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

1. GMs are banning.

2. People are not vending 10+ mufflers at a time.

3. You don't farm all day.

4. bots don't control the market.

5. more lies i could list but i'll stop there 

Quit overexaggerating thanks kid

Edited by BestOneHere, 30 August 2017 - 10:57 PM.

#10 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

1. GMs are banning.

4. They don't control the market.

Point 1 can be argued over. I have seen them banning when you post a screenshot of 100+ bots stuck somewhere.

Point 2 People are.. Just check Ragi.al for Mufflers[1]. The forum policy is not to shame anyone hence I'm not posting names.

Point 3 I did farm 10+ hours/day with breaks for 3 days in payon dungeon after which I gave up.

Point 4 They do alter the market rates by undercutting severely. I've seen it. I'm sure others have too.

Point 5 There is no point

I made this thread to know what the GM's plan on doing about the infestation. I don't want it to be taken over by personal arguments and opinions. 

Edited by Exxed, 30 August 2017 - 11:02 PM.

#11 KowalskiZapata

KowalskiZapata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:BANNED BOOOOY!

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

People are not selling 10 mufflers? LOOOL! Just yesterday i saw a guy selling 7, If you try to deny this 1.You are one of these people 2. You have never looked at the venders in Pront. As for undercutting i don't see it farmed stuff is still expensive as ever if you really want to undercut the bots open a chat and ask for what you need but with a round price, For example i needed a fin helm for my Knight i'll be dammed if i'm supporting bots so i created a chat and got it for about 200k cheaper.

Edited by KowalskiZapata, 31 August 2017 - 01:58 AM.

#12 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

People are not selling 10 mufflers? LOOOL! Just yesterday i saw a guy selling 7, If you try to deny this 1.You are one of these people 2. You have never looked at the venders in Pront. As for undercutting i don't see it farmed stuff is still expensive as ever if you really want to undercut the bots open a chat and ask for what you need but with a round price, For example i needed a fin helm for my Knight i'll be dammed if i'm supporting bots so i created a chat and got it for about 200k cheaper.

It is bloody madness.. I mean I'd had enough when I saw Priest bots in HO that just run between your mobs and then port out.. HO is one of the main lvling places from 7x to 8x. 

@BestOneHere Moving through Prontera I just found a guy vending 17 Thara frog cards. Seems legit right?

Edited by Exxed, 31 August 2017 - 02:48 AM.

#13 Kamona

Kamona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Re:Start (Odin)

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:47 AM

1. GMs are banning.

So I was walking in prontera when suddently...

74177927andreoh.png

Ok those aren't mufflers though...

But it is pretty much the same problem.

Mufflers suffer the same fate.

And here I was happy to have dropped 1 vitata card for selling !

#14 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

So I was walking in prontera when suddently...

74177927andreoh.png

Ok those aren't mufflers though...

But it is pretty much the same problem.

Mufflers suffer the same fate.

And here I was happy to have dropped 1 vitata card for selling !

I know right! It's so frustrating to see this happen. It's a giant slap in the face for people who are trying to farm for items the legit way.

I want somebody from WP to take note of this and take action quick. If the GM's are short-staffed why not recruit bot hunters from the community? I don't mean to hate on the GM team but it's time to get creative. 

#15 kibato

kibato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:01 AM

Botters use VPNs so they can run 50+ from one client. IP ban doesn't work here.

1. GMs are banning.

Botter detected

#16 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:05 AM

It is not realistic to expect 0 bots. Everyone has this argument that no matter what we do server wont be bot free so we aim for the anti-bot. 

But I'd be happy with 1k bots that are scared -_-less rather than 6k who are openly ruining the server. The only way out of this -_- hole is to start banning and hope for the best. 

Edited by Exxed, 31 August 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#17 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

my theory is that if there is a new RO game, the bot will just move there.

A few players from over on the Renweal Servers said the bots used to be similarly bad as they are here and once Restart came out...the bots pretty much all vanished.

There are still a few here and there but they aren't noticable since the server is mostly actual people.

So we can either convince the people that made RO to make a new version, like RO3 or Restart 2 (or something) and maybe the bots will just move along.

or if we are so desperate for little/no bots lets just go back to Renewal. 

#18 rpgfanguy

rpgfanguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, England, Finchingfield.
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

It is totally unacceptable with the way it is in-game. I have really no words for the frustration i feel that would be appropriate for this forum.

#19 3565150713142656837

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that, wouldn't you?
  • Server:Restart; Odin

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

they can't do this because, over in Korea...where the game is far more popular, you can have a nice chunk of people using the exact same IP because appearntly that is how their internet companies work.

also to the person saying the bots use clients...they don't. they have a program or script that basicly allows them to log right into the server

#20 DPSMatters

DPSMatters

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:32 AM

You speak like you've been a job where you earn money just to ban program operated accounts. have you tried putting yourself in their positions? i know that i am pretty biased and i speak like a [Snip] but have you tried helping out rather than showing your middle finger at the GMs? just sayin. 

I think that these GMs are having a hard time cuz the main accounts of these botters are [Snip] slick. who knows he is among the forums and reading this then just laughin their asses.

VModCinnamon:

Hello there,

Kindly avoid bypassing the word filter, the posted words which now are removed falls in the forums filter list.

Thank you.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 31 August 2017 - 08:14 AM.
Removed filter bypass

#21 MistressTIfa

MistressTIfa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:08 AM

I know right! It's so frustrating to see this happen. It's a giant slap in the face for people who are trying to farm for items the legit way.

I want somebody from WP to take note of this and take action quick. If the GM's are short-staffed why not recruit bot hunters from the community? I don't mean to hate on the GM team but it's time to get creative. 

you must be crazy to think they can just recruit bot hunters from the community.  What makes you think some of those won't abuse their power?

I know you're frustrated based on this thread even needed to be made (I'd even argue that if you wanted a specific answer from GMs, why you wouldn't just private message them instead, all you're doing here is creating arguments and sentiments from the community when you "clearly" replied that you want a comment from a GM/CM) but some of the things you wrote have been outright ridiculous and are things "you yourself" believe is correct but isn't correct at all from a business perspective.

Don't you think after 15 years of this game being run, they've prob head of a thousand different (so called creative) ideas to combat bots or hacks or what not, but it's just logically hard or logistically impossible to proceed?  

Remember these guys need the parent company's approval also in order to change rules and protocols.  You make it sound like they can just do whatever they want for rules and be like, hey let's just forget how we ban characters in game and just assume these guys are legit bots.  

If it were up to you, i wouldn't be surprised if you legit just banned people because they ks'd by mistake (or on purpose which no mistake this server has absolutely no remorse when it comes to "I play however I want, you don't pay my sub and I won't get punished" mentality)  or had a few items in vend that look like it comes from bots.  

for example i'm not trying to defend that obvious looking Andre Card Vend picture I see in an earlier comment, but I've opened 100 OCAs before to map out data of Card Rates and have vended 11 Pest cards that came out with it.  Would you call me out and say im a bot based on just this (as in speculating that its impossible to get 11 pest cards without botting) and just right click > ban for your own reasoning?

Either way at the end, you  yourself have specifically wrote "you're here to get a GM/CM response on how they are combating bots" but yet had to post this on a community chat instead of just directly asking Camp, Astra, Cinnamon, Magus where are the only 4 that are active as with those with power in game.  Don't understand your logic here at all

#22 Aromat

Aromat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

100oca is 500m zeny NP

#23 Exxed

Exxed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

you must be crazy to think they can just recruit bot hunters from the community.  What makes you think some of those won't abuse their power?

I know you're frustrated based on this thread even needed to be made (I'd even argue that if you wanted a specific answer from GMs, why you wouldn't just private message them instead, all you're doing here is creating arguments and sentiments from the community when you "clearly" replied that you want a comment from a GM/CM) but some of the things you wrote have been outright ridiculous and are things "you yourself" believe is correct but isn't correct at all from a business perspective.

Don't you think after 15 years of this game being run, they've prob head of a thousand different (so called creative) ideas to combat bots or hacks or what not, but it's just logically hard or logistically impossible to proceed?  

Remember these guys need the parent company's approval also in order to change rules and protocols.  You make it sound like they can just do whatever they want for rules and be like, hey let's just forget how we ban characters in game and just assume these guys are legit bots.  

If it were up to you, i wouldn't be surprised if you legit just banned people because they ks'd by mistake (or on purpose which no mistake this server has absolutely no remorse when it comes to "I play however I want, you don't pay my sub and I won't get punished" mentality)  or had a few items in vend that look like it comes from bots.  

for example i'm not trying to defend that obvious looking Andre Card Vend picture I see in an earlier comment, but I've opened 100 OCAs before to map out data of Card Rates and have vended 11 Pest cards that came out with it.  Would you call me out and say im a bot based on just this (as in speculating that its impossible to get 11 pest cards without botting) and just right click > ban for your own reasoning?

Either way at the end, you  yourself have specifically wrote "you're here to get a GM/CM response on how they are combating bots" but yet had to post this on a community chat instead of just directly asking Camp, Astra, Cinnamon, Magus where are the only 4 that are active as with those with power in game.  Don't understand your logic here at all

Umm look at that Andre vend photo. All items are from Ant hell. So that's that. If you choose to bot or support the madness it's your choice. Don't rage on me for pointing out the obvious.

I want the community to come together and the GM's to respond about their next step towards bots. I have nothing against the GM team. I know Camp does his best to keep things going but that is not proving to be enough. Camp's focus until now was the Antibot.. which the botters have found a way around time and again. It's time to try something else.

As to your bot hunter rant.. The community volunteers which would be carefully selected could flag certain users and the GM's could spend more time trying to look into those accounts rather than hopping from map to map. You'd be stupid to assume I mean't a right click > ban situation.

I don't need you to understand my logic. You can login to the game and see the cause of my frustration yourself. If you don't see it it's only because you play for the other team.

Edited by Exxed, 31 August 2017 - 04:36 AM.

#24 Jabba

Jabba

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

You know what would be an easy and fast solution? Give them a HWID ban!

Ok, IP banning would be ineffective since they use VPN's most of the time or, at the very least, they could just change their IP's at any given time. However, a Hardware ID ban is quite different. A HWID ban would surely make things a lot better since you can't change your HWID without buying new hardware!

Well, I guess you could but it is an extremely exhaustive and hard process that would most likely cause a bunch of problems in your pc which would surely discourage the great majority of botters. But it is such a harsh approach that i doubt they would do something like that unfortunately...

#25 DarthaNyan

DarthaNyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

You know what would be an easy and fast solution? Give them a HWID ban!

Ok, IP banning would be ineffective since they use VPN's most of the time or, at the very least, they could just change their IP's at any given time. However, a Hardware ID ban is quite different. A HWID ban would surely make things a lot better since you can't change your HWID without buying new hardware!

Well, I guess you could but it is an extremely exhaustive and hard process that would most likely cause a bunch of problems in your pc which would surely discourage the great majority of botters. But it is such a harsh approach that i doubt they would do something like that unfortunately...

But most botters use VMs to run their farms. Banning HWID of a virtual machine is ... an interesting endeavor.

What could help: force all new WP accounts to use 2-step auth (and eventually all old users as well for added security) - you have to confirm your cell phone in order to (re)activate account. In case of a ban from RE:START all other RE:START accounts bound to that cell phone number are banned as well and number itself is blacklisted.

Edited by DarthaNyan, 31 August 2017 - 05:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users