Live Stream Q&A Session with Helium, CM Andrasyte, and Varitas ~Updated with Answers~ - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Live Stream Q&A Session with Helium, CM Andrasyte, and Varitas ~Updated with Answers~

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AndraSyte

AndraSyte

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 666 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hello everyone! 

As you may have heard we wanted to take the opportunity to organize a Q& A live stream on 09/07  5:00 PM PDT with our one and only Helium! Joining him as always will be Varitas and CM Andrasyte!

If you have any burning questions regarding Requiem please post it below!

If you would rather remain anonymous, feel free to message the question to Andrasyte privately.

Please keep your questions to the point and be as specific as possible. When posting a question please use the following format:

IGN: (for anonymous questions you can message the question to me privately)

Question For: (If you would like to address the question to a specific person please note that here. Otherwise you can use titles such as CM/Producer.)

Question:

We will be trying to answer as many questions as possible during the next live stream, 09/07 at 5:00 PM PDT! Updates regarding the date and time will be posted as soon as possible!

#2 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

IGN:   0ne0ldc0w

Question For: People in charge

Question: You think this game is worth playing?

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

IGN : ihgyug 

Question For : Helium

Question : When you will start work on existing content to improve it (treasure dungeon for example), rather than working on more content/item mall?

Edited by Kazara, 01 September 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#4 requiemquestiona

requiemquestiona

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

IGN: RadiantWithTaunt
Questions for: helium
Questions:
1) Why have skill changes not been done? The game is completely unbalanced with some classes completely dead like ranger. While other classes like Defiler and tempest can kill an entire team in 10 seconds.
2) Why have armors not been fixed and balanced? Avenger set, ranger set, prot set, Warlord set are absolute trash. While sets like domi tempest and Defiler allow players to kill in 10 seconds.
3) Why is black tower still a black map that looks god awful, and an embarasment to the game?
4) Why are you adding pay to win into mall instead of adding smart mall items?
5) Why are you not active on forum at all?
6) Why did you lie to the players about being active on forums after closing slack?
7) Why are you adding transmogrify and costume change items instead of improving the game and increasing player base?
8) Why are botters not banned?
9) Why are hackers not banned?
10) Why are bug abusers not banned or penalized?
11) Why are you adding events that are bottable and fsrmable by only the elite geared players?
12) Why have player suggestions been ignored and instead doing your own thing?
13) How many players actually even play this game?
14) How many times was your black tower dungeon completed?
15) Why are you adding quests that are poorly designed and very poorly written?
16) Do you know the difference between classes? Last stream you kept calling Defilers Dominators. Why don't you know Your own game?
17) Why cancel the stream 30 minutes after it was delayed instead of streaming and answering questions in person?
18) Why exactly do you keep adding 40% hp in the game when everyone hates it and you said yourself you don't want it in game?
19) Why did you steal everyone's items they farmed last event except for the costumes? When the only thing people wanted removed was the 40% hp, and instead you let people use then for an additional month.
20) There is a video that shows a conversation you had with Vulpix. You say you do not ban hackers or botters, because there are less players. So people quitting because of these cheaters is not less players? Make these hacks and bots public. Why does only a select few of the community benefit from it?

Probably will get deleted and banned. But this is my last attempt.
Will add more questions if this doesn't get edited or removed.

Edited by requiemquestiona, 01 September 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#5 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

IGN: Dontclickme

Question For: Larissa

1. Question: Will we see a New Map or Old Map (recycled) for Capped player Content wise in the near Future,

​inclusive Dungeons that have Minions and not only 1 Boss?

2. Question: Do you intent to increase the Difficulty for the different Monster Types in Game?

(Normal , Nightmare, Deadly)  

3. Question: Besides Daily Quest, do you plan to implant Race and Class specific Quest to highlight unique Role play Aspects? and motivate Players to start level different Classes.

4. Question: Will there ever be more Items implanted, that don't have Inflation? Like the planned Legendary Items?

5. Question: Class Balancing and differentiation, will it ever progress in the Future?

6 Question: Do you consider your Game in good shape and form? 

Edited by SandySandman, 08 September 2017 - 02:23 AM.

#6 MasterChif

MasterChif

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

Question For: GM and CM

1) When will Vial of Battlefield Blood be unattached?

2) When will they be able to convert arena points into coupons? so that they can be sold.

3) When atma infinity and puzzles from raid bosses can be sold at auction and in a personal store?

4) When the sealed items of the game store can be put in the bank safe?

5) When will the expansion store be added to the game store?

Edited by MasterChif, 02 September 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#7 aavo

aavo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

1)When are you gonna add 10%-20% daily enchant&compound coupons?
2)What are we supposed to do with 6%-9% reinforcement coupons we previously crafted with infinity atmas? Will you implement a way to compound them into 10% reinforcement coupons?

#8 xSweetDreamsx

xSweetDreamsx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:27 AM

Hey, all my questions are for Helium, my IGN is katy

1. Do you see the recent update regarding the forge system as a positive change to the game?

Refer  To: The clear inactivity of players since the 70% forges were removed and this inactivity increasing more since the new daily quests were added.

2. Can you confirm this new forge system was introduced to increase the sale of warp portal points, turning the game once again into an even more pay to win game?

Refer To: All new reinforcement xeon’s added to the item mall.  Baring in mind we already pay for costumes, pets and pet extensions monthly.

As I am sure you would mention the fact that you added daily quests as an alternative from using item mall, this brings to me my next question.

3. Are you aware that it would take a player almost or more than 2 years to finish one character to +30 (not including enchants). And this would only be if you gave +50% reinforcement rate, not the current 25% rate we have been getting?

4. Do you think that it is reasonable to ask current and new players to take almost 2 years to gear a character?

5. Regarding the new dailys, I have several questions. Do you realise that these are all level 90 quests? Would you consider changing the level of all of these quests so that lower levels are not being penalized? Are you aware that you have given a daily for Lord Werinuman who does not reset daily? Would you consider changing his resets to daily?

6. Are you planning to add new/better xeons for compounding and enchanting to item mall and as daily quests?

7. Considering all above questions, would you reconsider this new forge system or at least give us some guaranteed forge rates that are going to encourage people to play again and not give up on this game?

Example: Guarantee +60-70% forge every month/2months.

8. Are you willing to accept that the new  Black Tower armour is the most unbalanced this game has ever saw?

Ref To: The huge differences in damage and hp, which have never had such huge range of difference.

9. Are you willing to use your time to improve this armour to be balanced in the way it should always have been?

10. Are you happy with the development of the game since you have taken over from Alteris?

11. Why did you not consider the list given to you by the community, of suggestions for the item mall that would not create any imbalance, rather than add items based on forge and imbalance? (List was send to you, CM Varitas and CM AndraSyte

12. Why did you Boost some Magic classes so much with damage and/or hp and penalise some Melee classes with ridiculously low damage.

Example: Warlord damage being not much more than 2k, ranger and commie hitting just over 4k, whilst casters can hit 5k+ in HP build and 6-7k+ in damage build.

13. When do you think that the lifespan of requiem will end?

Ref To: Old game systems, lack of money, lack of players.

14. Was the recent forge update introduced to the game as a last ditched attempt to make money before the game closes?

Ref To: Adding a system highly cash shop based and reducing forge rates is not good for any game, let alone an old game with 1 server only.

15. What do you have planned for the future of this game?

Hey Helium, since your latest update many people have went to different games, this is noticeable not only in game but in the different requiem communities I am part of. I would urge you to pay attention to this and not push it aside as an overreaction by players and think players will come back. I have spoken to many people and all have the same feeling, we want to play requiem, but we will not play it, while you are adding cash shop updates that create imbalance, and to mention daily quests to assure yourself in this situation would be wrong, these are not reasonable quests. Again like I have told you in the past, we only have one server, we can not merge to boost numbers and there is no more Russian server that will close and boost us either. Please consider all of this. While this continues and you do not change it, it only points towards the assumption that the server may close.

Edited by xSweetDreamsx, 05 September 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#9 AndraSyte

AndraSyte

Awarded #1 Troll

• Community Managers
  • 666 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hello Everyone!

Thank you again for submitting your questions! Answers have been posted below for those who wish to review them or missed the live stream. If you would like to re-watch the stream in full you can find it on WarpPortal's YouTube channel.

IGN:   0ne0ldc0w

Question: You think this game is worth playing?

I played for years, spent over $1,000 and just started playing again last month too, so yes.

IGN: ihgyug

Question: When you will start work on existing content to improve it (treasure dungeon for example), rather than working on more content/item mall?

As soon as I finish the Transmogrify system, the most important part of the big project coming up is examining, refining and organizing existing content.

IGN: RadiantWithTaunt

Why have skill changes not been done? Why have armors not been fixed and balanced?

·         Time constraints

·         Pending additional analysis

·         Not to introduce further imbalance, reversal balance, or new bugs

Why is black tower still a black map that looks god awful, and an embarrassment to the game?

It is still dark on the Portal Plane map because it is meant to be. The map that is the inside of the Black Tower is simply that staging area you first come into when entering the portal outside the Black Tower.

Why are you adding pay to win into mall instead of adding smart mall items?

There is no reason why because we are not adding pay to win items instead of smart mall items. Making items in the Item Mall [SEALED] seemed smart when considering the typical way one kind of scam in game goes: Where one user tells another they will give after they receive and then vanishes. Costume swaps make re-customizing your character appearance when you want to about as cheap as costumes once were every 30 days. It’s also been a way for some users to get a permanent costume they always wanted from a permanent event costume they had saved. Having a higher increase to success chance in reinforcing but keeping it at the same cost in the Item Mall and making the former Item Mall item increase to success chance version available up to 18 times a day per character, not to mention the compounding possibility for higher success chance items also does not seem like a very pay to win addition either.

Why are you not active on forum at all?

I have not had time to wear the Community Administrator hat while switching between the Server Administrator, Producer, Content Designer, Database Administrator, Script Writer, and among other hats.

Why are you adding transmogrify and costume change items instead of improving the game and increasing player base?

I am not. Improving the game and increasing the player base are not mutually exclusive with adding new aesthetic and convenience systems.

Why are bot users not banned? Why are hackers not banned? Why are bug abusers not banned or penalized?

Because they are not caught, those that get caught are suspended. Hackers are kicked when the system detects them making game play very difficult for those users. Those that are not detected need to be reported and manually handled. If not detected and not reported that is the reason there is no penalty.

Why are you adding events that are bot-able and farmable by only the elite geared players?

Question presumes a false premise and has a relevance issue with regards to being bot-able. The most recent events have not been additions but rather reruns unfortunately but many of them are quite popular.

Why cancel the stream 30 minutes after it was delayed instead of streaming and answering questions in person?

A maintenance period on our network hardware was extended longer than expected.

Why exactly do you keep adding 40% HP in the game when everyone hates it and you said yourself you don't want it in game?

I remember saying I don’t think they belong in the Item Mall. If they were hated no one would be complaining because no one would use them but they are in fact highly sought after items. They are over powered and the preference is to restrict their availability.

Why did you steal everyone's items they farmed last event except for the costumes? When the only thing people wanted removed was the 40% hp, and instead you let people use then for an additional month.

The items from events were used, expired or removed with the event content as announced. The event items were never stolen, but enjoyed during the event plus the following month and will be again.

There is a video that shows a conversation you had with Vulpix. You say you do not ban hackers or botters, because there are less players. So people quitting because of these cheaters is not less players? Make these hacks and bots public. Why does only a select few of the community benefit from it?

Sounds like I probably said something about a specific instance but a video has been produced to put it in a misleading context as if a single case or crisis applied to every other. We have a Support Department that handles most matters concerning suspensions for behavior in violation of our terms to use the service and I don’t want to speak for them.

Will we see a New Map or Old Map (recycled) for Capped player Content wise in the near Future,

inclusive Dungeons that have Minions and not only 1 Boss?

Yes.

Do you intent to increase the Difficulty for the different Monster Types in Game?

(Normal , Nightmare, Deadly) 

Probably yes.

Will there ever be more Items implanted, that don't have Inflation? Like the planned Legendary Items?

Yes. But not until we fix and balance some content already discussed.

Class Balancing and differentiation, will it ever progress in the Future?

Yes. This was covered in another answer.

Do you consider your Game in good shape and form?

Yes. But good is a very ambiguous or relative term. Nothings perfect but we stopped the Zone Server crashes, the Battlefield Server crashes, Client crashes on new armor graphics among other shape and form concerns.

When will Vial of Battlefield Blood be unattached?

No plans.

When will they be able to convert arena points into coupons? so that they can be sold.

Something to consider is a currency and/or exchange system but this is yet to be planned.

When Atma infinity and puzzles from raid bosses can be sold at auction and in a personal store?

No plans but could be considered.

When the sealed items of the game store can be put in the bank safe?

Must test to confirm, otherwise no plans, but could be considered.

When will the expansion store be added to the game store?

Not sure but please clarify.

IGN: Cagi

The game will close soon?

Nope.

When are you gonna add 10%-20% daily enchant&compound coupons?

Changes to the other forge as soon as possible.

What are we supposed to do with 6%-9% reinforcement coupons we previously crafted with infinity atmas? Will you implement a way to compound them into 10% reinforcement coupons?

Use them however you see fit as they will probably not be included in compounding formula.

IGN is katy

Do you see the recent update regarding the forge system as a positive change to the game? Refer to: The clear inactivity of players since the 70% forges were removed and this inactivity increasing more since the new daily quests were added.

Yes I see it as a positive change.

As I am sure you would mention the fact that you added daily quests as an alternative from using item mall, this brings to me my next question.  Are you aware that it would take a player almost or more than 2 years to finish one character to +30 (not including enchants). And this would only be if you gave +50% reinforcement rate, not the current 25% rate we have been getting?  Do you think that it is reasonable to ask current and new players to take almost 2 years to gear a character?

Less than a year is a more reasonable projection.

Regarding the new dailys, I have several questions. Do you realise that these are all level 90 quests? Would you consider changing the level of all of these quests so that lower levels are not being penalized? Are you aware that you have given a daily for Lord Werinuman who does not reset daily? Would you consider changing his resets to daily?

The targets for the quests are not the Raid Bosses in their dungeons but as the quest describes in the dialog rather the targets are clones or replicas of the monsters to be found in Turba, Chaste Sanctum, original Nova Lux and Helium’s Nova Lux. They all respawn quickly and do not bind a player to any dungeon.

Are you planning to add new/better xeons for compounding and enchanting to item mall and as daily quests?

Yes.

Considering all above questions, would you reconsider this new forge system or at least give us some guaranteed forge rates that are going to encourage people to play again and not give up on this game? (Example: Guarantee +60-70% forge every month/2months.)

Consider and reconsider rates, sure yes but guarantee any rate for every period, no.

Are you willing to accept that the new  Black Tower armour is the most unbalanced this game has ever saw? The huge differences in damage and hp, which have never had such huge range of difference. Are you willing to use your time to improve this armour to be balanced in the way it should always have been?

At the time Erunil Tower weapons were comparably overpowered but not as unbalanced perhaps though I accept this yes.

No IGN or unknown

Are you happy with the development of the game since you have taken over from Alteris?

Not exactly, perhaps happy but not satisfied.

Why did you not consider the list given to you by the community, of suggestions for the item mall that would not create any imbalance, rather than add items based on forge and imbalance? (List was send to you, CM Varitas and CM AndraSyte

I did. Consideration is not implementation however, but going forward we will see progress of a kind towards some of the suggestions. The most recent Forge related content and changes to the Item Mall are not mutually exclusive.

Why did you Boost some Magic classes so much with damage and/or hp and penalise some Melee classes with ridiculously low damage. Example: Warlord damage being not much more than 2k, ranger and commie hitting just over 4k, whilst casters can hit 5k+ in HP build and 6-7k+ in damage build.

Addressing the power level of magic versus melee characters is a priority. Changes as suggested and agreed upon on most recent item content, such as Dark armor sets, and overall skill content will help to achieve some balance here.

When do you think that the lifespan of requiem will end?

This would be wild speculation at this time. I’d rather not make wild speculation so I won’t answer this question.

Was the recent forge update introduced to the game as a last ditched attempt to make money before the game closes?

No. Furthermore the recent update makes reinforcement cost less to no money and it was intended to.

What do you have planned for the future of this game?

This will require a whole live stream to go over and in the near future we will.

When skill balance will be continued?

This month and throughout the rest of the year alongside other projects work on revising skill assets will be implemented over a number of patches.

I noticed a huge loss of population when you started working on item mall, can you confirm it?

This depends on what work on the Item Mall the question refers to.

Conversion of Item Mall items into [SEALED] versions happened recently but took about a week and has not seen a notable change in population but may be helping to maintain the service.

There was a notable decline in population over the last year but work on the Item Mall is not causal but rather several factors including my inability to output new content at a satisfying pace, new content having to recycle resources from old content without tools and staff needed for art and design or localization, work on revising current content being incomplete and postponed.

When druid will get skill changes? It's the most broken class in terms of power, being able to stun 15 seconds and at the same time immune to stuns.

Being able to stun or being immune to stun, even combined does not the most broken class make, however changes to bring more balance to effects of skills between classes should be expected and abilities that overlap such as described in the question are to get the most scrutiny.

When domi pets will be updated?

During the remaining months of the year, together with various other changes mentioned in previous question answers, the pets of Dominators (being considered as skills) will receive some updates in the so called skill balance.

Will attack of curse be back as skill?

I would still like to experiment with Defilers ability to drain abilities from their targets. But Attack of Curse, as it was in its previous iteration, no.

Suspension Statistics (Jan 2016 - June 2017)

(Most recent stats are being pulled)

year-month        Count of user IDs            

2016-01                6             

2016-02                13          

2016-03                15          

2016-04                16          

2016-05                1             

2016-07                26          

2016-08                18          

2016-09                5             

2016-10                3             

2016-11                7             

2016-12                18          

2017-01                12          

2017-02                17          

2017-03                11          

2017-04                10          

2017-05                25          

2017-06                9             

REQ_Suspensions_Graph3.png

There are some questions pertaining to stats that were not posted yet as we are still pulling those statistics. Once they are pulled and numbers organized they too will be posted here.

We also are aware that some answers were not given to a small portion of the questions asked. Please know that we are happy to have the community ask questions, however questions need to also follow the Rules of Conduct. If you do have a question regarding some thing you posted please feel more than welcome to PM me and I would be more than happy to go over it with you. 

#10 MasterChif

MasterChif

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

When will the expansion store be added to the game store?

Not sure but please clarify.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK...

See the screenshot. In the mall you can only buy a common bank. A personal - you can not. Why? The Russian server had such an opportunity. Yes, the premium account opens 2 additional slots in your personal safe. But the fourth and remains closed.

81e429cab262.jpg

e77a4164ef86.jpg

#11 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Are you suggesting more than 260 people play this game?

#12 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

compared to how many People actually installed and once played this Game, the current Game descriptions seams off^^

#13 UNDERtheDARKmoon

UNDERtheDARKmoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

when we still had 70% forge i tested somthing i made an new char adding none of my items to it and started it from 0

the goal was lv 69 +30 biskra wand / biskra upper lower helm - rh gloves shoes and foc shoulders +30 / tbf magic shield +30/ +30 lv69 acc con / orni +30 / ammo orni +30
..............................................................................................................
i was in 1-2 days lv69 <- (class mystic)

upcomming staps

1# farming atmas
2# farming xeons
3# farm tbf pts
4# getting the items
5# doing foc/tbf for shield/shoulders
6# alot grinding

in this test i dont use expensive enchants only -> 0.50% SCC from FOC shop / 40 def TRH scales for armor/shield

after 4 weeks and 1 day had it +30 (biside the enchants)

6-10 hours a day farming atmas

spending over (10 days in total ingame time playing) to make it :o

after that selling red xeons / tbf pts i safed in the same time making a total of (5+kkk) lant which i used to get,
the enchantings the 0.50s i used took 6 days to get -> spending 4 hours a day FOC

trh scales took my 2 weeks to get checking ah 3 times a day

(after all this i had an foc 69 char with basic items) time played -> a total of 307 hours 28 minutes and 12 seconds

to get it :o and thats from an player with expiriance which does it without help of players lant from other chars items from other chars or mall or honor points

how long do you think it will take for an (newbie or so to make an +30 darkest char or an +30 foc char)?

when darkest came out i had darkest in 1 week bec of the rates and raid partys but now? hahaha

Edited by UNDERtheDARKmoon, 30 September 2017 - 11:49 PM.

#14 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

I think the concept behind the Darkest Sets is just bad game design. In a PVP oriented game, Armors should have a flavor to them but should not give a distinct advantage. The goal should be to collect a variety of armor that you use in situations they are best suited in. The ideal way to go about this is to make them easier to obtain and collect making the PVP battlegrounds more about strategy than about who spent the most time getting the single best gear.

Having a 1 in 10k item is just bad game design as you prevent the majority of your players from ever getting it. In a game with only a few hundred players the 1 in 10k model makes even less sense.

#15 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Are you suggesting more than 260 people play this game?

Heh, do we take into account also the gazillion "multi-accounts" and the multi-gazillion "bot meisters"? Cool stuff... :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users