What's the current best expensive/inexpensive PVP/PVM Katar in Game now? - Thief Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What's the current best expensive/inexpensive PVP/PVM Katar in Game now?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ViperK

ViperK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

Hi guys, Im just curious which Katar is the best for PVP/PVM right now. Assuming that im a focused CritSin Build or a DA Katar Sin Build. Here's a list of weapons that I'm planning of using.

+10 Katar[2] - 2 The Paper Cards?

+7Infiltrator[1] - Skeleton Worker Card?

+10 Jur[3] - 2 Mobster/2 Skeleton Soldier + 1 Paper Card?

+10 Specialty Jur[4] - 2 Mobster 2 Paper?

+10 Specialty Jur[4] - Any Cards Suggestions?

Btw guys im Currently using a +7Infiltrator[1] and +10Katar[2] with 2 Skeleton Soldier Cards. Please leave your suggestions and advice for much better build. Thanks!

#2 Gichi

Gichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

1.infil[1] paper expensive

2.katar[2] hydra assaulter inexpensive

only use paper cards on infil atm if you have spare keep them until the next best weapon is released or sell them otherwise its a huge waste

Edited by Gichi, 02 September 2017 - 08:23 AM.

#3 RistrettoJoe

RistrettoJoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

+10 Infiltrator [1] hands down.

Assassin is pretty weak in PVP though :(

#4 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:05 AM

1.  +10 Infiltrator  + Skelworker Card  or Paper Card depending on build

2.  +10 Katar  2x hydra   or 2x paper depending on build

3. +10 jur (speciality jur isnt ingame atm)   3x magnolia Card  or 3x savage babe card

if you want to know actual reasonable equip :

+7/8 Katar  with 2 hydra or 2 paper card ,depending on build

Besides that ,assasin does actually some amount of damage in pvp, but not enough ... in woe he just completly lacks skills or damage or survivalbility , if you focus on one you have to sacrifice a lot of the other that makes him a suppar Woe/PVP class this gets a little bit better as Sinx  (and there he still falls behind other class) and he starts to shine as a GX.

#5 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

Hybrid crit sin / DA katar has a few options: Do not use The Paper on Re:start. This card is garbage until AX and/or more crit items are implemented.

• Katar - 2x increased damage based on size cards, +atk
  • Katar - 2x +atk cards (andre cards are cheap)
  • Katar - 1x Mummy 1x of the above
  • You can also use 2x damage% to property
  • Infiltrator is good but expensive

Even for a crit sin, 2x increased damage based on size cards gives more DPS over The Paper as either card will leave you with low crit chance and reliance somewhat on your non-crits. Just as with Classic RO, the only way to obtain high crit chance is to run 3x SS cards or 2x SS cards with 60~ total luck. SS card is not ideal. Pure crit sin isn't really effective until much later when more crit gear is implemented and there is a higher level cap allowing for more efficient investment into luck.

#6 ViperK

ViperK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

1.  +10 Infiltrator  + Skelworker Card  or Paper Card depending on build

2.  +10 Katar  2x hydra   or 2x paper depending on build

3. +10 jur (speciality jur isnt ingame atm)   3x magnolia Card  or 3x savage babe card

if you want to know actual reasonable equip :

+7/8 Katar  with 2 hydra or 2 paper card ,depending on build

Besides that ,assasin does actually some amount of damage in pvp, but not enough ... in woe he just completly lacks skills or damage or survivalbility , if you focus on one you have to sacrifice a lot of the other that makes him a suppar Woe/PVP class this gets a little bit better as Sinx  (and there he still falls behind other class) and he starts to shine as a GX.

+10Infiltrator[1] would very hard to make. I think +7Infiltrator[1] + Skeleton Worker is more realistic, since alot of people are selling them in the market already which I also have right now. Also there's bunch of people selling +10Specialty Jur[4] in the market right now. If I ever get a +10 Specialty Jur [4] would putting 2x Skel W. + 2x Size/race card modifiers do good or try any different combination for cards?

Anyways thanks to everyone who helped and gave their suggestions, It was really helpful.

#7 Gichi

Gichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

+10Infiltrator[1] would very hard to make. I think +7Infiltrator[1] + Skeleton Worker is more realistic, since alot of people are selling them in the market already which I also have right now. Also there's bunch of people selling +10Specialty Jur[4] in the market right now. If I ever get a +10 Specialty Jur [4] would putting 2x Skel W. + 2x Size/race card modifiers do good or try any different combination for cards?

Anyways thanks to everyone who helped and gave their suggestions, It was really helpful.

if you are not gonna use paper card use zipper instead not skel worker otherwise you are limiting your damage increase to medium size only, you should not use low atk weapons like speciality jur[4] for damage just use katar [2] or infil

#8 ViperK

ViperK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hybrid crit sin / DA katar has a few options: Do not use The Paper on Re:start. This card is garbage until AX and/or more crit items are implemented.

• Katar - 2x increased damage based on size cards, +atk
  • Katar - 2x +atk cards (andre cards are cheap)
  • Katar - 1x Mummy 1x of the above
  • You can also use 2x damage% to property
  • Infiltrator is good but expensive

Even for a crit sin, 2x increased damage based on size cards gives more DPS over The Paper as either card will leave you with low crit chance and reliance somewhat on your non-crits. Just as with Classic RO, the only way to obtain high crit chance is to run 3x SS cards or 2x SS cards with 60~ total luck. SS card is not ideal. Pure crit sin isn't really effective until much later when more crit gear is implemented and there is a higher level cap allowing for more efficient investment into luck.

As you mentioned the Hybrid crit sin/DA Katar build. I'm wondering if its too late for me to choose this path or should I try any other different build with my current stats and equipment? I honestly think my current build is screwed up, I kinda invested str pass 70 which some people say is bad and isn't viable in renewal server. I'm currently @ LVL 94 so I still have some spare points to use that I will get from LVL 95 to 99. Where should I invest my remaining stat points what possible build can I be with my current stats?

Here's my current stats: "80str, 80agi, 25-30vit(I forgot the exact #), 1int, 30dex, 40luk"

Right now I have some of millions of zeny to spend, and I also have +9 Muffler w/ Orc Baby Card, +9Boots w/ Matyr, +7Infiltrator[1] No Card compounded, +9Jamadhar[1] w/ Skel Worker,  +7 Elemental Katars(Fire/Wind/Earth), 3x +9 Thief Clothes (Evil Druid, Pasana, Bathory) and +9Thief Clothes[1] (Clean one/No Card compounded), 2x Rosary of Counter, 2x Brooch w/ Yoyo Card.

+10Infiltrator[1] is be very hard to make. I think +7Infiltrator[1] Would realistic since alot of people are selling them in the market already which I also have right now.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion it really helped me alot.

#9 ViperK

ViperK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

if you are not gonna use paper card use zipper instead not skel worker otherwise you are limiting your damage increase to medium size only, you should not use low atk weapons like speciality jur[4] for damage just use katar [2] or infil

Can I still use The Paper Card even if I have low luk? I currently have 40luk with my Assassin right now. I can still raise it to 50+ something but that will leave my stats @ base 80 agi when I reach LVL 99 :p_cry:

#10 Gichi

Gichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

Can I still use The Paper Card even if I have low luk? I currently have 40luk with my Assassin right now. I can still raise it to 50+ something but that will leave my stats @ base 80 agi when I reach LVL 99 :p_cry:

yeah if you only up luk from now and make use of the abrasive potion +30 crit from silvervine it can work otherwise you will need to have a priest constantly gloria for you to get decent crit rate.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

dont put zipper bears on Infiltrator [1], pls.

#12 ViperK

ViperK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

80str, 80agi, 25-30vit(I forgot the exact #), 1int, 30dex, 40luk

Guys with my current stats should I go 90 agi or 50 Luk?

#13 Gichi

Gichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:14 AM

80str, 80agi, 25-30vit(I forgot the exact #), 1int, 30dex, 40luk

Guys with my current stats should I go 90 agi or 50 Luk?

luk, you have enough agi for pvm

#14 AlexaEllende

AlexaEllende

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

dont put zipper bears on Infiltrator [1], pls.

Is Skel Worker just superior to that in general? Nub question, I know. ;_;

#15 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

Is Skel Worker just superior to that in general? Nub question, I know. ;_;

Not really, it's a matter of the way the game stacks the same type of effect. Since infiltrator already has a demi-human bonus, you'll get more out of a different effect. It's the same reason people use 2 hydra and one skel worker in 3 slot weapons instead of 3 hydra or 3 skel workerers.

Basically it comes down to, roughly...

140 +70% = 238

145 +50% = 217 +15% = 249

Edited by DFreak423, 08 September 2017 - 07:36 AM.

#16 AlexaEllende

AlexaEllende

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

Not really, it's a matter of the way the game stacks the same type of effect. Since infiltrator already has a demi-human bonus, you'll get more out of a different effect. It's the same reason people use 2 hydra and one skel worker in 3 slot weapons instead of 3 hydra or 3 skel workerers.

Basically it comes down to, roughly...

140 +70% = 238

145 +50% = 217 +15% = 249

How does the attack bonuses from cards like skel worker/andre/zipper etc calculate into that? It's just a flat damage increase added to the weapon's base damage, right? The card's damage is added on after refine numbers I'm assuming.

Edited by AlexaEllende, 08 September 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

its not added to weapon attack, but its indeed a flat addition of attack, and is multiplied by your % bonuses as well.

The problem with Zipper on Infiltrator [1] is that the weapon isnt easy to obtain, and will be a solid option all the way until the server reaches current Chaos content. The card pretty much ruins any future value of the weapon, for a benefit that is only for the current state of the game.

#18 AlexaEllende

AlexaEllende

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Makes sense :3 Thanks, Ashuckel!

#19 firedrop555

firedrop555

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts