16 replies to this topic

#1 Truesdale

Truesdale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Hello everyone!

Your insights and opinion are very much appreciated.

I'm a returning player. I have a Level 221 FS cleric with 1021 CHA to support my low level characters.

I would just like to get your insights regarding PvM meta nowadays.

I want to main a 1H Knight or Battle Cleric for PvM and/or casual PvP. Both are level 150.

Currently, I have approximately 40B budget to play around and an Artisan with 1000+ con.

What should be my focus in terms of:

1. Where and how should I level my main

2. What to buy and what to save for

If you may share your suggestions as well on how I should navigate through this game on the current meta, please do so.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Truesdale, 04 September 2017 - 11:27 PM.

#2 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

get a raider,, u win

#3 DrJoe

DrJoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

Create an AOEr class (mage/bourg) and you will have the best team for grinding PVM. I would also suggest using a champ for sacri not just for additional aoe but also for a better sacrifice since champ has wider aoe range which is very good for pvm. Creating a new character would never be a problem to you since you have an easy access for reinforced set because of your artisan plus your FS Cleric.

150 - 170 - Marsh of Ghost
170 - 200 - Ruins Tigris spot ... pvp is dead on that zone nowadays. Just don't shout or tell anyone you're going to grind there  :lol:
200+  - Fossil

Edited by DrJoe, 05 September 2017 - 12:43 AM.

#4 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Since the stockpile nerf, champions are better off being farmers to be honest DrJoe, I've tested this many times and I've found it better to farm on an AOE Champion than it is a Bourg.

No idea why they changed stock pile, and the way medals worked with it, but you can literally use the medals on a champion instead, farm materials easier, and get the same amount while being able to kill large mobs quicker because of the cool-down timers for a spears AOE. Clearing mobs with a bourg can be cumbersome, as they're extremely squishy and die easily, and the damage they're producing is lack luster without Luminous (yes I use luminous in PvM because it makes exalted look like a JOKE on bourg, 20K aoes or 8K..) Mages are decent enough too, but they're much more squishier than a champion.

I suggest CoU farming when you're up to the gear requirement \ levels.. the refine materials and essence add up.. and if you're lucky enough to get a max statted unique that's an easy 2-5b for your pocket.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'll atleast answer your questions.

~ Heavily reliant on DoT's with Static Crit Damage [ie, +### not +%]. 

I want to main a 1H Knight or Battle Cleric for PvM and/or casual PvP. Both are level 150.

~ I'd suggest the BC. Knights are tanky, but their DPS is EXTREMELY boring. Unless you want to AoE, in which case, Knights have 4. BC's have 1, and it's more annoying to your team members than beneficial, as it's a low % RNG stun that breaks aggro constantly. However, in terms of Bossing Damage, BC's are up at the top* excluding Shaman and Mammy Queen. [They have ludicrous amounts of M.Def]. I'd typically recommend a Crit Build on BC for PvM with Static Crit Neck + Ear Runes, and Crit Rate ring with Crit rate Face rune. The rest will be entirely up to you. But consider going for Half brave half Courage as your end-game armor for PvM should you chose the BC. 

Currently, I have approximately 40B budget to play around and an Artisan with 1000+ con.

120-140 Xita, 140-180/200 Marsh of Ghosts. 180-200 Ruins [optional]. 200+ Terrasaurus in Fossil Sanctuary [new map, on Orlo].

That's going to depend entirely on your choice of char. 

If you may share your suggestions as well on how I should navigate through this game on the current meta, please do so.

Like I said, DoT's are the ultimate AoE machines. This is because they're not mitigated by hitting more targets. The best scaling method for them is Static Crit Damage [Hazardous] runes. If you can't get those, the next best is just raw AP and CHA.
Absolutely invest in Crit Defense as soon as possible, monster in DG's crit now, and it bloody hurts, as well as staggers you for an eternity. 

PvP is a mess. It belongs to the Raiders, Scouts, Support Clerics and hand full of Mages. Don't expect much. [Supposedly Spears are omg so special because derp but I don't see it, never had an issue with them]

Thank you very much!

Edited by Feuer, 05 September 2017 - 12:46 PM.

#6 DrJoe

DrJoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

Since the stockpile nerf, champions are better off being farmers to be honest DrJoe, I've tested this many times and I've found it better to farm on an AOE Champion than it is a Bourg.

No idea why they changed stock pile, and the way medals worked with it, but you can literally use the medals on a champion instead, farm materials easier, and get the same amount while being able to kill large mobs quicker because of the cool-down timers for a spears AOE. Clearing mobs with a bourg can be cumbersome, as they're extremely squishy and die easily, and the damage they're producing is lack luster without Luminous (yes I use luminous in PvM because it makes exalted look like a JOKE on bourg, 20K aoes or 8K..) Mages are decent enough too, but they're much more squishier than a champion.

I suggest CoU farming when you're up to the gear requirement \ levels.. the refine materials and essence add up.. and if you're lucky enough to get a max statted unique that's an easy 2-5b for your pocket.

I have no idea about the stockpile nerf but I have never pointed anything about farming on my reply  :lol:

#7 Truesdale

Truesdale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

Hello everybody. Thank you very much for your insights. Really much appreciated.

Allow me to reply to your comments:

Create an AOEr class (mage/bourg) and you will have the best team for grinding PVM. I would also suggest using a champ for sacri not just for additional aoe but also for a better sacrifice since champ has wider aoe range which is very good for pvm. Creating a new character would never be a problem to you since you have an easy access for reinforced set because of your artisan plus your FS Cleric.

150 - 170 - Marsh of Ghost
170 - 200 - Ruins Tigris spot ... pvp is dead on that zone nowadays. Just don't shout or tell anyone you're going to grind there  :lol:
200+  - Fossil

Thank you for suggesting in creating an AOE class. I'm now choosing between a bourg/champion. 

These leveling spots are duly noted. Will check them asap.

I get the advantages you listed for champions. I actually do have a level 220+ champion. I reset its stats and skills but I don't know how to build it? Could you suggest a good skill and stat build for it. Mainly for PvE. Hope you could guide me in its equipment etc as well. All items currently vended are pretty much new to me.

I'll atleast answer your questions.

~ Heavily reliant on DoT's with Static Crit Damage [ie, +### not +%]. 

~ I'd suggest the BC. Knights are tanky, but their DPS is EXTREMELY boring. Unless you want to AoE, in which case, Knights have 4. BC's have 1, and it's more annoying to your team members than beneficial, as it's a low % RNG stun that breaks aggro constantly. However, in terms of Bossing Damage, BC's are up at the top* excluding Shaman and Mammy Queen. [They have ludicrous amounts of M.Def]. I'd typically recommend a Crit Build on BC for PvM with Static Crit Neck + Ear Runes, and Crit Rate ring with Crit rate Face rune. The rest will be entirely up to you. But consider going for Half brave half Courage as your end-game armor for PvM should you chose the BC. 

120-140 Xita, 140-180/200 Marsh of Ghosts. 180-200 Ruins [optional]. 200+ Terrasaurus in Fossil Sanctuary [new map, on Orlo].

That's going to depend entirely on your choice of char. 

Like I said, DoT's are the ultimate AoE machines. This is because they're not mitigated by hitting more targets. The best scaling method for them is Static Crit Damage [Hazardous] runes. If you can't get those, the next best is just raw AP and CHA.
Absolutely invest in Crit Defense as soon as possible, monster in DG's crit now, and it bloody hurts, as well as staggers you for an eternity. 

PvP is a mess. It belongs to the Raiders, Scouts, Support Clerics and hand full of Mages. Don't expect much. [Supposedly Spears are omg so special because derp but I don't see it, never had an issue with them]

Thank you very much!

Thank you for replying to all of my questions! Looks like I will be using a BC for boss hunting and a champ/bourg for farming. Thanks for pointing out that the current meta is being heavily reliant on DoTs with static crit damage. Hope you could share a decent stat and skill build for a BC? Would really appreciate if you can make some time.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Sorry, I keep my BC build semi-secret. It hits like a mac-truck in PvM and I like being one of few who knows how it's done :) 

#9 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Hi and welcome back!

There have been a lot of changes recently to Orlo. This might help. 

You've already gotten expert answers to your specific questions about builds etc but if you ever have any general game related questions, whisper to me igame on HoneyBuns or shoot me a pm here at the forum.

You might also want to join our Discord chat. Everyone is welcome!

I hope you enjoy playing again!

#10 Truesdale

Truesdale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:30 AM

Hello again, guys.

I revived my Level 220 champion instead of making a new character.

I upgraded a clean UW to +10 with the Melee AP Gem and got a clean Exalted Set. For acce, I'm currently using a clean Luna Set.

I need some insights on how to move forward in terms of:

1. Is Fossil Sanctuary the best map to level from 220-250? Are there any maps where I can level and at the same time farm for more Z?

2. What's the best way to farm Valor points? I plan to buy the brave set as my end gear for my champ.

3. My level 220 buff slave cleric is a little bit squishy when I try to level with my champ. What equips should I get for her?

4. What should be my end game accessories? What gems should I get? I just plan to use my champ as a farming machine.

Hope you could share your thoughts again. They will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:07 AM

1: Yes, Sanctuary is the ultimate leveling map and farming map atm [Bonus for the lag]. It has the best EXP / Hour rate, as well as several normal king spawns for 240 gems, and now wandering kings for the epic 240 jewelry as well.

2: Best way to farm valor points is spamming dungeons. I used to say the faction shout quests were best, until Runes came out, and the amount of materials you need for those almost demands you farm valor where-ever you can get ores in addition.

3: Don't wear your buff-set in battle.

4: Your call, depends on your build. Personally if you want an unkillable farming machine, combine some base DEX with the 240 DEX/DEF jewelry, foot + head dodge 6% valor gems, and get some AoE Radius / Dodge runes. Also, make sure you have all the Dodge spear passives and 'Victorious Respite' maxed. This will give you a combination of about 1,500 HP / S so long as you kill atleast 1 thing every 5 seconds. As well as about 4-5k Dodge. That's on top of your normal 35'ish HP pool, and 9k+ Defense. 

-Additional Tip: If you're going full PvM, I'd highly recommend your build incorporate PvM Longinous Strike. This makes it so Spears can not only AoE Tank + Clean dungeons, but also main-tain the bosses with minimal healing from a Cleric. Don't forget your Berserker's Cry debuff-

Edited by Feuer, 09 September 2017 - 06:07 AM.

#12 Truesdale

Truesdale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

1: Yes, Sanctuary is the ultimate leveling map and farming map atm [Bonus for the lag]. It has the best EXP / Hour rate, as well as several normal king spawns for 240 gems, and now wandering kings for the epic 240 jewelry as well.

2: Best way to farm valor points is spamming dungeons. I used to say the faction shout quests were best, until Runes came out, and the amount of materials you need for those almost demands you farm valor where-ever you can get ores in addition.

3: Don't wear your buff-set in battle.

4: Your call, depends on your build. Personally if you want an unkillable farming machine, combine some base DEX with the 240 DEX/DEF jewelry, foot + head dodge 6% valor gems, and get some AoE Radius / Dodge runes. Also, make sure you have all the Dodge spear passives and 'Victorious Respite' maxed. This will give you a combination of about 1,500 HP / S so long as you kill atleast 1 thing every 5 seconds. As well as about 4-5k Dodge. That's on top of your normal 35'ish HP pool, and 9k+ Defense. 

-Additional Tip: If you're going full PvM, I'd highly recommend your build incorporate PvM Longinous Strike. This makes it so Spears can not only AoE Tank + Clean dungeons, but also main-tain the bosses with minimal healing from a Cleric. Don't forget your Berserker's Cry debuff-

Hi, Feuer.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

Hope you could assist me more, if you don't mind.

I was able to level my champion to 250 this weekend; thanks to a good party, 3x exp, and 6hr sigil.

Let me share with you first the context and my goals for my champ and the game:

a. This champ will be my farming machine. My preferred method when it comes to farming money is the more stable one. Meaning boss hunting is not the way to go for me since I got limited time and wont be able to monitor their spawn times. Competition in killing comes in also as a factor. With that, I prefer the method where I just get a spot, farm for 2-3 hrs a day, and get a stable income.

b. I have a buff slave cleric with 1000+ cha and an artisan with 1000+ con.

c. My end goal is to gear up a Knight. I don't have yet any plans on how should I use this knight whether PvM for casual boss killing or PvP. What I know is that my main char would be a Knight.

I know the next questions will be a lot to ask, hope you could bear with me.

Champion:

1. Stats: Currently my stats are 300 str (275 base + 25 from passive) 425 cha, and the rest in dex. Will this be a viable build for the reason why I have this champ as stated in point a above?

2. Equips: Is the brave set really the way to go? Or the exalted set would suffice? How about accessories and gems?

3. Skills: I captured your suggestions in your previous reply. I got maxed longinus strike and victorious respite. I also got the dodge passives. I have 10 SP remaining. Should I get the MSPD passive in the champion tree? Or maybe skills in the common tree?

You might think that this is a lot of spoon feeding but I would just like to have a direction since resources and playing time is limited. Though I really want to enjoy the game and the community as well.

Thanks in advance!

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

Right well, first off, whatever your want to main, you should be playing primarily. This is because progression is mainly aimed at your Passives first, Gear second, and Runes after that. The rune empowerment process is a long one, but even with limited time, you can still make progress in the system by playing intelligently [the first step being you actually play the character in most instances] However. You can get around it slightly, for a while at least and I'll suggest you do the following to maximize this process.

1: Farming.

You're going to want to be a CoU Farmer. This is for a few reasons.

• CoU has access to Lisent U drops in the Uncommon tier. These are currently selling for an average of 20mil per lisent. 
  • By using a +3 Drop Quantity foot gem, Uncommon Drop % glove gem, and a LS drop costume [preferably the one with the monthly bonus obviously], and Premium service. [You can also run Sigils of wealth and medals of Uncommon drop, and get into a clan with that tier drop passive activated for further results]
  • Poison Scrolls: These thanks to the redesign of the elemental system, are now actually worth farming, and selling. They won't be your primary income, but they'll augment it nicely.

2: Dailys.

Do you daily CoU quest, [and if you have time, all 4 dungeon dailys]. 

These reward Ores and Dust as well as Valor. The materials can be placed into your storage and accessed via any character on your account. This means your Knight can benefit from your Champion farming and doing the daily once a day, and further material drops from your spamming. 

3: Premium. 

This is a must for someone in your position with your particular desires, as it allows you unlimited access to Dungeons via unlimited GA Energy. Not only that, but it increases your Additional Drop Chance by 30%, Gives you storage access anywhere [great for farming CoU as you will be filling your inventory constantly], as well as no-fee storage to the premium tabs [10 pages if you're unfamiliar with it]. Not only does it do that, but it also increases the Valor you receive from Daily's, augmenting your Passive Farming capability exponentially.

Lastly, tactics.

As a spear you should be focused on a particular playstyle if you want to maximize results for Farming as well as quickly clearing the Dungeon.

1: DEX + Crit Subs: Dex is secondary AP stat for Spears, as well as increasing your base Dodge, which with Spear Dancer and Spear... the other passive, is  a 100% [2x] base dodge multiplier. Crit is necessary to make your Fire Sweep clear mob pulls faster and more efficiently. You'll want to use a Luna Jewelry set to start with, using these subs. As far as I can tell, you won't be bothering with Runes [or atleast shouldn't until your Knight is properly set up] so I won't bother going into those.

2: PvM Longinous Strike: This costs 4k Valor or 400-500IM pts [depending on sales etc etc] however, it nearly doubles your Attack Power down on Bosses. This will make you the primary tank, and with your Cleric's Flames by you, you won't need to be healed.

3: Victorious Respite: Max that, trust me, it will make you invicible in DG AoE situations once you get the hang of how to set up the pulls properly. It's 5 * 250 HP Recovery at max level for 5 seconds, and refreshes each time you land a killing blow [effectively always up in large pulls]. Combined with roughly 3k-4k Dodge, you will recover HP faster than you'll take damage, and steadily sit at 90-100% HP always. This is a must have passive.

4: Dodge 6% B Head Gem. Use that to begin with if you're struggling to Dodge

5: Yes, Brave is the best way to go until you've set up your Passives. After that, you can blend the Brave + Courage 2 piece sets to get higher Crit and till not die [theres a certain combination that also gives you a free 2% reduction if you pay attention to the slot options btw]

Stats:

150 SEN [ 5% at level 250, just a standard practice for all PvM players]

Ignore CON: you don't need it, Wind Sweep will do the job just fine.

DEX: ball-park 200 or so: For base dodge, trust me, it pays off.

CHA + STR: to taste. They both blend well in this build and is entirely up to you, but just don't ignore CHA entirely, you'll need some for Crit Defense and it's wise to have it for the Burn, Dodge down, and Shouts [if you opt for those].

Edited by Feuer, 11 September 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#14 Truesdale

Truesdale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

-snip-

Hi, Feuer.

Thanks for this very comprehensive reply. This is pretty much what I needed. 

This will provide me a direction and reference on how to spend my time and other resources wisely.

I will update you with my progress and hopefully, if time permits, everything will go as planned.

Most likely once in a while, I will be having some questions here and there. I hope you could still assist me especially regarding new content.

Thanks again!

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Well I'll try, but for your future concerns, it'd be ebtter to try and PM me, or get on the community Discord where I'm much more easy to reach. 

You can find information on that here

#16 Schlur

Schlur

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

Is the game worth coming back to everyone? Used to play for a good bit

#17 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

Is the game worth coming back to everyone? Used to play for a good bit

My answer is yes!  Despite some current issues, it's still fun for me and a lot of others.  The key (if you haven't played in awhile) is to approach the changes with an open mind. Otherwise it can be overwhelming. I'd be happy to chat with you and get you up to speed on the game. Here is the info on our Discord chat.  Message me there and we can talk.

Looking forward to meeting you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users