Patch Notes 09/06/2017 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 09/06/2017 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:27 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.6.00, Game Version: 10.2.0.11b

Server Maintenance
2017-09-06, 12:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Changes.png

UI Enhancement: "New Quest" Dialog – Part 2
The "New Quest" Dialog has been enhanced more. 
- the list is now sorted by their minimum level in a descending order
- the selected filter options are now saved for the current session. This means they are only reset when the client is restarted.
- the minimum needed level for the quest is now shown in the list as well
- Jobchange quests are now differently colored (purple) in the hero quest list and are shown as [Jobchange] and not longer as [Hero].

Fixes and Changes
- fixed a bug that the monsters in Forest Glade are not dropping items
- the High Priest Set (female) no longer shows (male) in the name of it's particular parts
- some of the daily quests for Verglas Ridge and Bear Claw Mine were sorted into the wrong location. This has been fixed
- the [Event] Black Dragon Lord Weapon Recipe can now be obtained without the need of killing Elga before
- the "normal" Black Dragon Lord Weapon Recipe quest is now available together with the first "slay Elga" quest
- the Black Dragon Lord Weapons are now sellable and tradable but are still soulbound after equiped

MixBoard and BigWheel
Mixboard and Bigwheel will change next week.

#2 AngMZ

AngMZ

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

- the Black Dragon Lord Weapons are now sellable and tradable but are still soulbound after equiped

is this for both the non element and element versions?

#3 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

Yeyy for the Forest Glade fix. Thank you  :thx: 

#4 Keiga79

Keiga79

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:Warpportal

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

Nice Patch Notes and Thanks for it. I like the Black Dragon Lord changes best.     :p_angel:

Edited by Keiga79, 05 September 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#5 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:42 AM

- the [Event] Black Dragon Lord Weapon Recipe can now be obtained without the need of killing Elga before

- the "normal" Black Dragon Lord Weapon Recipe quest is now available together with the first "slay Elga" quest
- the Black Dragon Lord Weapons are now sellable and tradable but are still soulbound after equiped

Won't this changes make Elga kind of useless to farm ? People who bought Elga materials or farmed Elga were doing it for the weapon mostly, then they could get the PoS set which is better. So now people don't need to make an Elga weapon anymore and can borrow someone else's weapon. 

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

You should know that Elga is not affordable for every class. So players of those classes had to pay others to push them through Elga in a Safety Foam. Since you can't get any recipe for a different class some people were never able to farm their own weapon and set - just because they aren't that rich or they play a class for which it is almost impossible to get through Elga. They still need most of the ingredients Elga farmers are selling. If they buy the recipe from others they still need all ingredients people are selling. Also Elga farmers can still sell ready made weapons for other players. Also the weapon is still needed if someone wants to have the Elemental weapons. 

Elga is designed as a pay to win content. And this is clearly visible.But PoS weapons and armor should be available to everyone and not just basically 3 classes without spending a horrific amount of IM (to get a good gear) and/or gold (to pay others to get them through).

#7 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

Very nice decision and explanation.

#8 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

Alright, I agree with you. Sounds logic then!

#9 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

It still means elga is even less rewarding which is sad since it's the only boss we have that can actually be called strong. The truth is mmos, at least the ones of the f2p kind, need bosses (and preferably normal enemies too) that are sort of a reward for going out of your way to get that gear. Doesn't mean they have to be p2w, just that you need to pay something (time or money) to get to the stage where you are able to kill them.

But I think this is the right decision, the whole rewards structure of elga is already busted and so is the progress of getting the pos set. At least now the latter is more bearable. And elga will still be a fun fight.

Edited by Precrush, 05 September 2017 - 11:55 AM.

#10 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

so can we get tradeble nails now ?

#11 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

so can we get tradeble nails now ?

Great question. Made me think just tradeable nails would do the same as this change but also retain misc farming as a more viable way of making gold. The only problem with that is that not all classes can farm misc but that's a class balance issue, not an issue with elga itself.

#12 Ujiganteng

Ujiganteng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Yes make nails sellable !!!
:D

#13 FujiwaraKaito

FujiwaraKaito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan
  • Server:WyVern

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Had to say the elga part is the best change lol

#14 AdamAnt13

AdamAnt13

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

Is there a quest for it? How can I get this recipe?

#15 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

You should know that Elga is not affordable for every class. So players of those classes had to pay others to push them through Elga in a Safety Foam. Since you can't get any recipe for a different class some people were never able to farm their own weapon and set - just because they aren't that rich or they play a class for which it is almost impossible to get through Elga. They still need most of the ingredients Elga farmers are selling. If they buy the recipe from others they still need all ingredients people are selling. Also Elga farmers can still sell ready made weapons for other players. Also the weapon is still needed if someone wants to have the Elemental weapons.

Elga is designed as a pay to win content. And this is clearly visible.But PoS weapons and armor should be available to everyone and not just basically 3 classes without spending a horrific amount of IM (to get a good gear) and/or gold (to pay others to get them through).

I thought that the [Event] Bloody crystal was made for this purpose. Though it wasn't a better solution and the BDL Heart was already tradeable anyway so that's not a big deal.

#16 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

In the first few seconds i thought this BDL Weapon change was a bad idea, but Popcorn explained it pretty well i agree with that. Pretty much only Summy and Invo farmed it solo, the other classes like me as Sorc just looking for a Summy to help me do it because it's way easier.
But well, the price of the Nails going down alot i guess, currently at around 7k but since the Weap going to be Trade-able and the BDL Set already is, you dont even need to do Elga anymore sadly, you can just borrow a set and weap from a friend/guild.
Overall it was a good decision.

#17 FujiwaraKaito

FujiwaraKaito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

it's good for new players i would say. as for old players/farmers, well, i guess most of them have at least earn quite a bit thru this. so it's more like a win/win

#18 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

Nice patch. I love the UI adjustments that are currently going on.
I agree with pretty much everyone in here lifting the BDL weapon trade/sell restrictions was the right thing to do.

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

Servers are back up!

Please update the game to version 0.6.0

The client will be updated to version 10.2.0.11b after patching

Thank you for your patience and enjoy the game

#20 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

What's the big red IM text on w-coins?

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:05 AM

Lately we noticed increasing numbers of a scam by sending people Gada Coins instead of W-Coins because of their similar look. We thought that a big red IM text is noticeable enough to quickly identify that Gada Coins are not W-Coins. 

#22 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

I guess thats because some people tried to scam with "Selling W-Coins" but mailed u gada coins for 900g instead then, so its way more obvious to see if you got W-Coins or Gada. But i could be wrong.

Edit: Nvm Popcorn just answered you

Edited by nighty007, 07 September 2017 - 04:08 AM.

#23 FujiwaraKaito

FujiwaraKaito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:24 AM

Lately we noticed increasing numbers of a scam by sending people Gada Coins instead of W-Coins because of their similar look. We thought that a big red IM text is noticeable enough to quickly identify that Gada Coins are not W-Coins. 

tats great! it's a well known issue now, that scam i meant.

#24 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:56 AM

should be bannable just because that is intentional they arent even on the same tab. But I think the policy on mails are completely diffferent.

#25 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

It is but we need proof. That means Screenshots of the whole conversation where the partners agree to send them W-Coins for a specific gold amount by COD mail and a screenshot proving that they sent Gada Coins instead of W-Coins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users