September 6th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 6th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

115 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

IRO RESTART Maintenance

September 6th 11:00AM - 3:00PM PDT

Update:

• Talk Like A Pirate Day Event starts
  • Mad Bunny Event begins.
  • New costume box on sale in the Cash Shop - Costume Box VI: Fall In for only 100KP!
  • Fixing Geffen Castle treasure NPC's and proactively restoring the treasures for current users 
  • Adding MVP cards and mini boss cards to drop table, except for GTB card
  • Summer Fishing Festival has ended but Westley is still in Alberta to exchange Blue Whales for prizes!
    • The reward Costume Angeling Cap has been replaced with Costume Flapping Angeling
    • Players will be able to exchange their Costume Angeling Cap for the animated headgear, Costume Flapping Angeling. Speak to Westley in Alberta!

Path to 2-2 Classes

Server Status: OPEN

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

#2 Abhi

Abhi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationI will never tell.
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Nothing about a new anti-bot???  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

#3 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Really? Nothing about anti bot and you actually roll out more costumes? Are you sure your priorities are set right? 

You're losing customers, and existing customers are getting more frustrated each day and you add new costumes. Wow. 

Edited by rhexis, 05 September 2017 - 09:36 PM.

#4 Fleshgod

Fleshgod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Aren't the tests with woe done yet? Can we see (if you guys have) the schedule / queue for 2-2 class launch? 

#5 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

Stop being so angry, they have to get build updates from kRO and since these last few anit bot measure failed, they have to step up their game.
Things don't happen over night.

#6 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

IRO RESTART Maintenance

September 6th 11:00AM - 3:00PM PDT

Update:

• Before we can start releasing 2-2 Classes we need to get WoE going. Currently the process is as follows:
    • WoE Launch
    • Launch Sage
    • Launch Monk
    • Currently it is looking like we will be launching Sage and Monk together in Mid to Late September to get the update schedule back on track.

Nice costumes specially the Diabolic Headphones and Subject Aura <3

Well WoE is officially on, so we can have Sage and Monk next week or still we need wait 2 more weeks?

Nothing about a new anti-bot???  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

Nope give up like me and everyone, now you can see the positive side, every card / gear you need will be for sure in the market in high quantity LOL!.

#7 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

Update:

• New costume box on sale in the Cash Shop - Costume Box VI: Fall In for only 100KP!
  • Fixing Geffen Castle treasure NPC's and proactively restoring the treasures for current users 
  • Adding MVP cards and mini boss cards to drop table, except for GTB card
  •  

a box with some good costumes 7/10

castle treasures how about you make it so the treasure room is looked in woe? hmm so people don't ninja loots

mvp cards, about damn time 11/10

no anti bot -99/10

so where is our frigg server? and can you make it so only VIP accts can play on it.

wild-shark-rescue-simulator--escape-fish

Edited by ShekelShark, 05 September 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#8 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

release sage/monk/bard

#9 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

Stop being so angry, they have to get build updates from kRO and since these last few anit bot measure failed, they have to step up their game.
Things don't happen over night.

"Things don't happen over night" - Well, except they have had 5 working nights to work on it since the last patch.

The least they could at least do is let us know how it is going. Not a single word on the post tells anything on the thing this server needs the most. 

Edited by rhexis, 05 September 2017 - 06:18 PM.

#10 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

release sage/monk/bard

makewoegreatagain

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

"Things don't happen over night" - Well, except they have had 5 working nights to work on it since the last patch.

The least they could at least do is let us know how it is going. Not a single word on the post tells anything on the thing this server needs the most. 

Nothing is finalized and I am pushing on all avenues that I can. I can't report anything else. 

#12 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Nothing is finalized and I am pushing on all avenues that I can. I can't report anything else. 

Thank you. At least that's something. 

#13 RedBuII

RedBuII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

Where is the Jeje Cap? I offered to donate 2k USD for this hat, I am not bluffing please release jeje cap immediately

#14 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Guys. The current anti bot system dates from 2008 and DOES NOT WORK.

When they put it back in unannounced last week it lasted 35 minutes.

The only way it would work is if they shuffled it multiple times a day every day for a few weeks and eventually most of the casual bots would go elsewhere, but this would be very annoying for players.

They need to put recaptcha v2 on the new account page and that would fix a chunk of it.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 05 September 2017 - 08:04 PM.
Mod Edit: Changed to blue styling, Red/Bold is for moderation.

#15 4805130608051649343

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

Update:
[*]Fixing Geffen Castle treasure NPC's and proactively restoring the treasures for current users

How will this work exactly? Can we expect all the boxes to be there in the room after maintenance?

Edited by 4805130608051649343, 05 September 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#16 Hefferwolf

Hefferwolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Sadly, developers don't relalize how toxic  bots are to the overall lifespan of the game. Now, we are past the peak bot population (from 7k to 5k) and as people leave the server/are less willing or encouraged to play due to this problem, there will be less demand for zenny and botzennyfarmers users will also start to leave because (they will sell less and go botting elsewere). What will remain will be just a few players who don't know any better, and some bots. Whats more worrying is that we are seeing this only in the first two months, which really shows the lack of control.

Even as a bussines model, you can estimate the potential loss of money due to less people playing. Now it doesn't even feel like gravity doesn't care, it looks like they don't know how to make optimal profit from their game, they lose people, money, client loyalty, stain their brand, etc. I feel really sad, of what might have been a wonderful server. Also, I fear for future gravity projects, WP has too little control over the server and they don't seem to be technically competent to confront large and consistent problems. 

I will always have a deep love for this game, with his ups and downs. Thats why I came back after so many years, but never thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game at all. Some users (myself included) believe a paywall will help bring down bot users to some degree, we want to play your game, we enjoy it and we will spend money on it, as long as is healthy enough to play it.

Having no bot update this week, and not even mention it on the main post, shows that it bears no urgency besides campitor screaming to deaf ears. Truly a shame.

#17 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

Yeah new custome hurray  ! /sarcasm

Well whatever ... you might get thier eventually... or not.

@camp

well i feel you somewhat i know what its like when you got the feeling to scream at a wall .. prepare yourself for another week of rants though 

Edited by RealGarion, 05 September 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#18 suzup

suzup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:14 PM

Thanks, i can mvp again.

#19 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for bringing mvp and mini boss cards ingame, i like it.

#20 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:05 AM

Even as a bussines model, you can estimate the potential loss of money due to less people playing. Now it doesn't even feel like gravity doesn't care, it looks like they don't know how to make optimal profit from their game, they lose people, money, client loyalty, stain their brand, etc. I feel really sad, of what might have been a wonderful server. Also, I fear for future gravity projects, WP has too little control over the server and they don't seem to be technically competent to confront large and consistent problems. 

I will always have a deep love for this game, with his ups and downs. Thats why I came back after so many years, but never thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game at all. Some users (myself included) believe a paywall will help bring down bot users to some degree, we want to play your game, we enjoy it and we will spend money on it, as long as is healthy enough to play it.

Having no bot update this week, and not even mention it on the main post, shows that it bears no urgency besides campitor screaming to deaf ears. Truly a shame.

Sending threatening letters about losing players = losing money won't truly affect their income. If they reach $50000 revenue (this is just imaginary value) target then that's it. It doesn't matter if it comes from 500 players x $100 vs 100 players x $500. They can still get same revenue with less players which is why cash shop/costumes are used for marketing...

Chaos server have less players and more bot issues but with +14 equips that most likely come from cash shop refining, you might be surprised if Chaos income is way bigger than Restart income.....

Edited by Exvee, 06 September 2017 - 12:06 AM.

#21 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

...and about the bots ? its getting aggressive y'know like kill stealing your mobs and looting your item drop , c'mon GMs its shows that RO restart is for bot players , we "REAL LIFE" players spend time even night to level grinding and saving zenny by selling loots , while this bot players sitting around and sleeps soundly leaving their computer do the jobs .....

p.s: those who will rant to this please dont do it its shows that your the bot owners seriously ...

#22 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:26 AM

They need to put recaptcha v2 on the new account page and that would fix a chunk of it.

I'd rather it in the client login because making accounts is a one time deal. Not sure if it's possible.

#23 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

well implement captcha on login and send the captcha as image via mail to the account owner :D

#24 wputra11

wputra11

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

cant login

#25 D4ut0n

D4ut0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts