Class/PVP Improvements | Basic Guide For Newbies! - Page 3 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class/PVP Improvements | Basic Guide For Newbies!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Very good quoting of Einstein 10/10

#52 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:48 AM

Well the "PvP Suggestions" pretty much show how you want everything nerfed, except your own class.

The only thing i want to be removed or nerfed is the death buffs, i am a tank on my own so i know how strong they can actually be and let's be honest, heal classes like invo/sorc pretty much only have an advantage of this since they can heal up pretty fast. (And yes, im saying this as someone who only plays sorc)

And the other pvp suggestions.. well. The dragonsaga team already made pretty good nerfes on the classes in my opinion, let's just see what's coming next. If a nerf on something is to hard you try to communicate with the team in the forum and talk about it, usually they react to it and you will find a good solution for both sides. That's how step by step balance works and thats the best way to do it. But making a big list of class nerfes/changes except your own class and saying you "played them all alot", well what did u expect here.

#53 KyoneskeMaekho

KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPortugal / France
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:36 AM

Well the "PvP Suggestions" pretty much show how you want everything nerfed, except your own class.

The only thing i want to be removed or nerfed is the death buffs, i am a tank on my own so i know how strong they can actually be and let's be honest, heal classes like invo/sorc pretty much only have an advantage of this since they can heal up pretty fast. (And yes, im saying this as someone who only plays sorc)

And the other pvp suggestions.. well. The dragonsaga team already made pretty good nerfes on the classes in my opinion, let's just see what's coming next. If a nerf on something is to hard you try to communicate with the team in the forum and talk about it, usually they react to it and you will find a good solution for both sides. That's how step by step balance works and thats the best way to do it. But making a big list of class nerfes/changes except your own class and saying you "played them all alot", well what did u expect here.

i played them all, quit them when I start playing summoner ...so with all nerfs that been made during all this years do you think I still know all skill and new nerfs??

And go read post again don't just ask to improve my class, I ask suggestion to improve list...

#54 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

BattleSquare is the worst grounds for PvP balancing but it's the only one. I mean there's Emporia but it's been established that both BSQ and EW require reworked mechanics.

Basing any balances on BSQ is a double edged sword in the end. Throughout all level ranges the general gimmick is that BattleSquare is ultimately decided by premade groups and guilds of stacked players playing all relevant PvP classes who all perform low brow tactics and abuse stalling win conditions. Nerfs won't matter in the end because that's still the end result. Healing down-tuned? Summoners DPS nerfed? Common catching skills given proper balancing? I still witness the same reasons NOT to enter a BattleSquare even afterwards.

Ultimately what's condemning PvP in general in Dragon Saga;

-Lack of development PvP experience;
Developers and whichever Support that plays seem to not play on BattleSquares or PvP in general on their own casual accounts. All these reported issues and players would've been resolved by now otherwise.

-Buff and Nerf suggestions meant to benefit specific people, not the playerbase as a whole.
There are a lot of examples of this. One is items disabled because of a small group whom were countered by that item. Pretty sure until someone cried about matchsticks being used against Sorcerers and Pathfinders no one even knew debuff curing items were actually effective.

-The games terrible engine.
I know that WarpPortal will never achieve the team requirement for this but the game is horribly outdated and littered with issues from previous development taking shortcuts and virtually providing 0 guides or notes forcing current development to go off experimenting.

Whatever the OP suggests won't do much in a major impact. I've already lost inspiration to try and get back into PvP and events with just how bad WarpPortal let's players get away with actions I don't see a reason to participate further after this.

#55 Bustincaps

Bustincaps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Ultimately what's condemning PvP in general in Dragon Saga;

-Lack of development PvP experience;
Developers and whichever Support that plays seem to not play on BattleSquares or PvP in general on their own casual accounts. All these reported issues and players would've been resolved by now otherwise.

-Buff and Nerf suggestions meant to benefit specific people, not the playerbase as a whole.
There are a lot of examples of this. One is items disabled because of a small group whom were countered by that item. Pretty sure until someone cried about matchsticks being used against Sorcerers and Pathfinders no one even knew debuff curing items were actually effective.

-The games terrible engine.
I know that WarpPortal will never achieve the team requirement for this but the game is horribly outdated and littered with issues from previous development taking shortcuts and virtually providing 0 guides or notes forcing current development to go off experimenting.

Whatever the OP suggests won't do much in a major impact. I've already lost inspiration to try and get back into PvP and events with just how bad WarpPortal let's players get away with actions I don't see a reason to participate further after this.

- Agreed

-Agreed, apart from the rare few

-Some parts of this game's glitches/bugs are the reason it's so fantastic, though. Things like canceling skills, diagonal dashes, juggles, knockdown chains, certain lag-created issues, etc. are things that you can learn to play with and play around. The things you can make your character do in PvP, for example, are simply amazing. I love combo-crafting, and without all the game's little "downfalls", the gameplay would be far less fluent and would leave for less of a personal touch by the players that are playing it. I've heard rumors of the removal of all skill canceling where not included in the description, and even though it may never have been intended by the original devs, I hope we never see that change. The cancels and such are what make this gameplay feel so fluent and fast-paced. But what do I know? I'm just one of those "noob room PvPer"s that no one likes. Screw me and all my "room PvPer" friends that have already quit because no one cares about that part of the community. The community can continue to make junk suggestions and ruin the game some more for all I care... I've only played since the release of Dragonica and PvPed all types of PvP and all level ranges with all classes for like waaaaay over 1 thousand hours straight. Don't listen to me. Rant over.  :surrender:

Edited by Bustincaps, 08 September 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#56 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

- Agreed

-Agreed, apart from the rare few

-Some parts of this game's glitches/bugs are the reason it's so fantastic, though. Things like canceling skills, diagonal dashes, juggles, knockdown chains, certain lag-created issues, etc. are things that you can learn to play with and play around. The things you can make your character do in PvP, for example, are simply amazing. I love combo-crafting, and without all the game's little "downfalls", the gameplay would be far less fluent and would leave for less of a personal touch by the players that are playing it. I've heard rumors of the removal of all skill canceling where not included in the description, and even though it may never have been intended by the original devs, I hope we never see that change. The cancels and such are what make this gameplay feel so fluent and fast-paced. But what do I know? I'm just one of those "noob room PvPer"s that no one likes. Screw me and all my "room PvPer" friends that have already quit because no one cares about that part of the community. The community can continue to make junk suggestions and ruin the game some more for all I care... I've only played since the release of Dragonica and PvPed all types of PvP and all level ranges with all classes for like waaaaay over 1 thousand hours straight. Don't listen to me. Rant over.  :surrender:

I'll actually give you a +1 for the mechanics and combo-theory-crafting. In some cases it does look cool to do and I have friends who can back your statements when they were active on always finding the flashiest combos. Hell I've tried it myself a few times.

But the games flaws are essentially being abused at this point by players. I could also go into BattleSquare's abysmal frame-rate issues (Even on more advanced PCs surprisingly), lag-issues even when in the same state as Server, client-sided problems that lead to hack-usations, various glitches and animation cancels, graphical problems even on lowest settings, the list goes on. I'll say the obvious; Dragon Saga was never made for mass-battleground style PvP. It can hardly handle 5vs5 let alone 15v15 in BattleSquare. Movement speed had to be capped because of the game's own inability to handle when something goes too fast. Attack Speed is so PC dependent that to some an Attack Speed cap did not effect them.

This is why I said the games engine condemns Dragon Saga's capability of balanced PvP. 

#57 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

Well the engine cripples the game's potential in every aspects if you ask me.

#58 KyoneskeMaekho

KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPortugal / France
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

Lets start Testing!!! :D

mAc5OT9.png

#59 2829180421224205750

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:06 PM

Til now, x-spam classes still god in PvP.

When they neft dragoon, other classes "Yay, Dragoon's age come to an end". But, like real, another age has come with more more more worst things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users