More PvE activities on the game progression - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

More PvE activities on the game progression

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin (RE-START)

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Dude, I'm bored of all this grinding, Ragnarok Online could do better than offer us a pack of mob killing as PvE activity,

the game itself have a huge world, being that a huge part of It is not even used by the game, or is rarelly visited by players.

It really saddens me that one of the only mmos which have a TRUE world map, with variety between them, alongside monsters

and their loot, It's maps with their unique environment, doesn't even make use of part of it as goal to the player, beside, what is the

goal of Ragnarok Online? Get stronger just to do WoE or PvP? Or hunt for MvPs at higher levels. What about those who are still

leveling up? They will eat cold grinding everyday until their maximum level? No, this shouldn't be what happens.

This game could have more focus and special care of Gravity on the in between the start and the end of the game, since

everyone who leaves the training field will meet the fierce reality of this game, that It's a grind hell (literally), since the quests

are very scarce, and the other activities the player can do does not offer much help to the player progression (not stating

leveling only, but also gear and items).

If at this moment you thought about the Eden group, then no! The Quest boards in the towns? Not even! It's not that kind

of thing I want to be a side activity, first, the Eden Group is the worst thing that could come to Ragnarok Online, why? Because

It completelly broke the need of getting new equipments from store or looting from monsters, since their equipments are

a lot better than any equip for sale, and their quests are a grind hell! There is no plot! Just go there and start killing mobs!

I don't need the game to remind me that I need to grind to level up, don't force me into that! Let's have other ideas that could

make the game have interesting PvE.

One idea would be If Gravity does quests that sends the player into an adventure, through places that the player wouldn't

have thought about going, while they are graced by a good plot, a writer could help with this, even that guy who made the

Ragnarok Manwa could attempt to give a help, and have to face a situation where the player have to help someone, or do

something that will end up solving the problem, but please, DON'T, JUST DON'T make the quests stacks each other (finish

one quest line, be sent to another one), beside this can turn the game into a routine, would also cause the game to end up

like any other mmo (Like the situation about the Doram race), where to level up you have to follow a line of quests, which

SHOULDN'T HAPPEN! The rewards of those quests could range between experience based on player level, to equipments

and items that would be useful for the player, or even unlock a new function to the player (Like unlocking crafting recipes

of some head gears on an npc, or even the entrance of a hidden dungeon). Some of the adventures could reward more

the player by doing the situation while in a party, alongside some of the quest steps requiring a party to complete (like facing

a boss, entering some place with a ambush, or raiding a dungeon).

Even though Ragnarok Online has a plot Itself, no signs of it is seen in-game through the gameplay, not even many mentions through in-game npcs and quests, look's like the players are in a paralel world from the Manwa Itself, there could be a connection between

the Manwa and the game Itself, which could be seen in-game, not really saying that needs to be through several quests, but

sometimes refferences could be found when talking to npcs, reading books, or even finding an item. Did you even thought

about meeting a character from the manwa or anime in-game? Beside I don't know if the game is based on the same age as the

characters.

Another idea could be add an activity that involves all players in the map, this game is a mmo, right? Why can't the players 

grinding with you aid each other by solving a situation that appeared? Everyone in the map can help solve it, be it a monster

over population, a npc got something stolen by the monsters, pillars appeared from the ground and need to be destroyed,

or even a tough boss (or bosses) appeared and everyone need to help take him down, without risk of ks or thievery, once the activity

is completed, the players could receive a reward through the RoDeX, alongside some experience, but such activity should't

be too overpowered to the map, beside the major problem could be the high level players in the area, who could grief the

event...

The Instances system that were added on Renewal is a good idea, the bad is how It is implemented, since It is only for high level

players, some instances, like the orcs dungeon one, could have a easy mode version for players ranging the map level, the instance

could offer lower leveled monsters and rewards from around the player level, so low level players can break the taboo of grinding all

time and do that as a side activity for gaining a few exp and gold. I believe would not be so hard for a player to find party to do those 

kinds of instances. The addition of new instances for low level players can be helpful too, just don't make them choreic like a certain

other game we know do.

Having secrets can turn things more interesting, even more when not predictable, I saw on the achievements window that you have

added Treasure Chests on maps (at least on Renewal server, probably), but what about making so random Treasure Chests with

a number of useful loot (Fly wings, potions, and other things) could spawn randomly on all maps of the game? They could stay

there for a few minutes before teleporting again (If they are destroyed by a player, It teleports immediatelly), this would turn the

game more interesting, even more if the treasure chests had levels, which the higher their level, the rarer they appear

(lower number), but the more interesting loot It can have (have a chance of dropping Gold Bar for example).

Wouldn't be a one time thing, but would also be like a Jackpot to the players exploring the maps.

I've thought about this once, and I dunno how hard would It be to implement, but what if the GMs could act like those D&D games

Dungeon Masters? Where they have a tool to make up an event with multiple stages, and once the GM ends setting up the event

stages, they make it run and happen on the place they want, after that, the game sends a warn to all players in the nearby regions

about the event. This could help make the game more interesting and less random, and everyone can attempt to participate,

depending on their condition (Level, Party (If monsters are too tough)), the GMs could also setup which reward could be given to the

players, and what chance they have to get it when the event ends.

Making use of the Dungeon Masters ideas, the episode progression of the game itself could turn around that, being that events that

happens in-game, alongside the results acquired from it, could influence on future updates (on good and bad side, depending on

results). That to make like the players action really matter to what happens in the game.

With more PvE activities, the player would need to bother less about leveling up, and more about exploring the Ragnarok Online

world, which could also turn the game more interesting to be played, and also increase the gameplay time. It's not only of End Game that a game needs, If you just make the beggining and the end of the pillar beautiful and well structured, the center of It may collapse

because It is not treated right, so please, don't forget about the in-between of the game.

Edited by Nakano15, 10 September 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#2 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

Well, look's like only I seek to have fun while progressing in the game...

#3 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:25 AM

better is pvp activity.

but why not.

something like you idea is emplyed in pRO now like hunter monsters event

#4 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

better is pvp activity.

but why not.

something like you idea is emplyed in pRO now like hunter monsters event

Yeah, but like almost activities in the game (PvP, MvP hunting, WoE and etc), they are destinated for end game players, in the transition between the early game (where you have a tutorial with quests up to around level 12) to the end game (where you have what attracts to the game), there is only a sea of grinding, one doesn't have any other alternative than grind or be vile and leech exp from party (or even worse, bot the way) to be able to progress, since after a few playthroughs, the grinding will end up tiring, which is beggining to be my case, leveled up a Merchant and a Mage, but getting tired of all grinding when leveling up my Thief.

They should attempt to add something that turns the progression between the early and end game more interesting or fun, or else, not even the nostalgia can keep the game interesting between that transition.

As mentioned in the thread, the Ragnarok World is big, diverse and varied, they could have made better use of the game maps, there are even maps going to waste, like the Kobolds village, which there is no goal there, unless going for the miniboss, or out of curiosity with a number of friends, or alone at higher level, since nobody visits.

#5 Lentogosong

Lentogosong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

I agree, this game has lot of potential to be fun. imagine quest that required to killing mvp, that would be awesome.

#6 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

I agree, this game has lot of potential to be fun. imagine quest that required to killing mvp, that would be awesome.

That's an interesting idea, one could make a full party to take on mvps to complete the quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users