10 replies to this topic

#1 Aylee

Aylee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:33 AM

https://forums.warpp...iority-on-mvps/

Went head and did my own testing since this game works in mysterious ways.

My first theory was that Loot Priority was dependent on who gets the first hit but on second thought that wouldn't make sense since then a novice could Main Gauche stab Baphomet in the shins for first hit then

Siegfried back up when someone else kills Baphomet to nab the loot. In fact, there are two factors in who gets Loot Priority: First Hit and reaching a certain damage threshold. The test consists of me going down

to the Yggdrassil tree map and doing varying damage amount tests along with getting First Hit and not First Hit. I only tested on non-Shiny plants since they have more HP. All other plants have a nice and even 10

HP therefore 1 hit = 10% total damage. Here are the results:

TWO DAMAGE DEALERS

First Hit + 30% Damage         =       Loot Priority

First Hit + 20% Damage         =       No Loot Priority

70% damage & no First Hit    =       Loot Priority

60% damage & no First Hit    =       No Loot Priority

THREE DAMAGE DEALERS

First Hit + 20% Damage         =        Loot Priority

First Hit + 10% Damage         =        No Loot Priority

60% Damage & no First Hit    =        Loot Priority

50% Damage & no First Hit    =        No Loot Priority

FOUR DAMAGE DEALERS

First Hit + 10% Damage         =      Loot Priority (LOL WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS?) Damage Distribution = (2 + 2 + 3 + 3)

50% Damage & no First Hit    =      Loot Priority

40% Damage & no First Hit    =      No Loot Priority

* For clarity, First Hit = dealt 10% damage (or 1 hit), +20% Damage means 2 Hits, etc..

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Test Specifics:

* I multibox four characters that are not in the same party

Test Weaknesses:

* Do MVPs and normal monsters (plants) follow the same Loot Priority rules? They probably do but who knows.

* Does over kill damage factor in to your total damage dealt? I personally don't think so and big hitting skills that would actually be significant over kill damage like G-Fist aren't in-game yet.

* Damage thresholds for Loot Priority may be slightly off since Plants can only take 1 damage at a time. The requirement for Loot Priority for two damage dealers may in fact be 25% + First Hit
instead of 30% + First Hit but I cannot check since plants can only take 10% of their HP at a time.

TEST CONCLUSION

For every +1 Damage Dealer, the effort required to get Loot Priority may or may not be harder depending on how much damage each person output but most likely much easier if First Hit was achieved.

0. The damage threshold required to get Loot Priority decreases linearly if you get First Hit and decreases linearly if you don't get First Hit.

1. The more people there are dealing damage to the MVP the easier it is to get Loot Priority on the items that drop given you got First Hit.

2. Getting First Hit on an MVP when there are a lot of people dealing damage is extremely important to get.

3. Outlier events occur when there are many people dealing damage to the MVP but if everyone but one person is dealing minimal damage then that one person that is doing the majority (60-70%) of the damage,

will get Loot Priority despite not getting First Hit and when everyone did similar damage except the First Hitter who did minimal damage but they got First Hit therefore they get Loot Priority.

4. If you arrive late and see people already dealing damage to an MVP, you may not even want to join in as it is probably too late for you to get the required 60-70% damage threshold to get Loot Priority. You'd only
end up helping them kill the MVP for nothing.

Overall, it is possible to "race" people for Loot Priority when you do not get First Hit but getting First Hit makes getting Loot Priority extremely easy. And for those that are thinking "does getting MVP matter?". Well getting MVP just means you did the most damage so as stated in the tests above, that doesn't mean you will get Loot Priority.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 13 September 2017 - 03:44 AM.
Mod Edit: Changed font style to Green, Red/Bold is for moderation.

#2 sshiiyiinqqxD

sshiiyiinqqxD

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

thank you so much for doing this !

offtopic : btw i was that knight that stopped and got confused at your group in ygg =p

#3 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

Thanks! Very informative post. You should add it to the wiki for restart or it will eventually be buried here. 

#4 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

Feels like something about this needs to be changed IMO. Back in the day there was at least some sort of honor system as in you get the MVP, you get the loot. Pretty much the way I've always played as well as many other players who have played over the years. For some reason on this server, out of every server I've played official and otherwise, things are different. 

Between greed scrolls and people just mobbing the loot to try to pick it up, it's honestly ugly as hell. Why do this?  Personally I think if you MVP, you deserve the loot. If you dealt the most damage, or took the most damage or whatever it may be, if the MVP sign is over your head, that's your loot.  This server has a terrible looter mentality and it's the new "cool" thing to do. Should be punished tbh

Thanks for the info, though.

#5 ultrahiangle12

ultrahiangle12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

Feels like something about this needs to be changed IMO. Back in the day there was at least some sort of honor system as in you get the MVP, you get the loot. Pretty much the way I've always played as well as many other players who have played over the years. For some reason on this server, out of every server I've played official and otherwise, things are different. 

Between greed scrolls and people just mobbing the loot to try to pick it up, it's honestly ugly as hell. Why do this?  Personally I think if you MVP, you deserve the loot. If you dealt the most damage, or took the most damage or whatever it may be, if the MVP sign is over your head, that's your loot.  This server has a terrible looter mentality and it's the new "cool" thing to do. Should be punished tbh

MVP should always be loot priority. unfortunately that is not the case, and there isn't anything we can do about it.

#6 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

yeah pretty lame. oh well 

#7 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:42 AM

There's an important factor that your test doesn't include. Which is if leaving map loses it's priority and also Death Priority. From my understanding if you die or leave map the first hit is reset.

#8 Aylee

Aylee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:32 PM

There's an important factor that your test doesn't include. Which is if leaving map loses it's priority and also Death Priority. From my understanding if you die or leave map the first hit is reset.

Have already tested this. ~3 Weeks ago I was at Castle02 and Baphomet was up. There were two Knights in a party attempting to kill him already so I went ahead and just watched since I knew I wouldn't get Loot Priority. After about 20-25 minutes and many deaths on their part, I didn't see them around for a few minutes so I went ahead and decided I'll kill him. I got Baphomet to maybe 10-20% HP and then the two Knights from earlier showed up. They got both MVP and Loot Priority. This supports the evidence that:

1) Damage dealt credit carries over when switching maps

2) First hit credit carries over switching maps

and Possibly.. 3) Over kill damage is factored in to the overall damage dealt since I am sure they killed Baphomet 3-5x over since whenever he has no one to target he heals 9999 every 3-4 seconds.

The two Knights died many times, went back to town, and came back so Baphomet healed back many times.

#9 Aylee

Aylee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

While I can see where you are coming from, there are many things to consider that may change your stand on this.

1) Later on when more "OP" gear is released and/or found (MVP cards) then they will be able to output the most damage. Would you really want them to control whichever MVP drops they want?

Why not give others at least a chance via finding the MVP first and thus getting First Hit giving them a better chance at the loot?

2) First Hit allows others with weaker gear to get MVP Loot. Nowadays MVPing is streamlined, not much of a challenge, and overall more stressful keeping up on timers and of course finding the MVP

before others. At least with this First Hit variable added in to getting Loot Priority it adds a randomness to who gets the loot and RO is all about that RNG.

3) Soon MVP'ing will be a G-Fist -> Fwing on stronger MVP's and on weaker MVP's like Eddga, Phreeoni, and Mistress, it will simply be a Lex and a G-Fist or two. Once again, it'd be much more

fair for people who find the MVP first and get First Hit to have a better chance. If I'm on my Knight and I get First Hit, I'm tanking Baphomet, and have done 10-20% of his HP then all of a sudden some
monks come around and start G-Fisting and end up doing 60-70% of his HP then I still think I deserve the loot. I'm working harder for it anyway.

#10 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

I can tell you this from experience which is funny that you mention it because it has happened to me in the past. Overkill does count. I had gotten a mvp to about 20% health. Then a sura came and lex fist the mvp and did more then the total health of mvp or something so he got mvp. Unfortunately at the time i didn't know i still had prioriety (cuz of first hit + w/e calc u said before) but w/e he got the loots I didn't bother trying to take it.

#11 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:19 AM

Yeah, overkill does count. A lot of the information posted here is wrong and copy pasted from the internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users