Went head and did my own testing since this game works in mysterious ways.
My first theory was that Loot Priority was dependent on who gets the first hit but on second thought that wouldn't make sense since then a novice could Main Gauche stab Baphomet in the shins for first hit then
Siegfried back up when someone else kills Baphomet to nab the loot. In fact, there are two factors in who gets Loot Priority: First Hit and reaching a certain damage threshold. The test consists of me going down
to the Yggdrassil tree map and doing varying damage amount tests along with getting First Hit and not First Hit. I only tested on non-Shiny plants since they have more HP. All other plants have a nice and even 10
HP therefore 1 hit = 10% total damage. Here are the results:
TWO DAMAGE DEALERS
First Hit + 30% Damage = Loot Priority
First Hit + 20% Damage = No Loot Priority
70% damage & no First Hit = Loot Priority
60% damage & no First Hit = No Loot Priority
THREE DAMAGE DEALERS
First Hit + 20% Damage = Loot Priority
First Hit + 10% Damage = No Loot Priority
60% Damage & no First Hit = Loot Priority
50% Damage & no First Hit = No Loot Priority
FOUR DAMAGE DEALERS
First Hit + 10% Damage = Loot Priority (LOL WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS?) Damage Distribution = (2 + 2 + 3 + 3)
50% Damage & no First Hit = Loot Priority
40% Damage & no First Hit = No Loot Priority
* For clarity, First Hit = dealt 10% damage (or 1 hit), +20% Damage means 2 Hits, etc..
* I multibox four characters that are not in the same party
* Do MVPs and normal monsters (plants) follow the same Loot Priority rules? They probably do but who knows.
* Does over kill damage factor in to your total damage dealt? I personally don't think so and big hitting skills that would actually be significant over kill damage like G-Fist aren't in-game yet.
* Damage thresholds for Loot Priority may be slightly off since Plants can only take 1 damage at a time. The requirement for Loot Priority for two damage dealers may in fact be 25% + First Hit
instead of 30% + First Hit but I cannot check since plants can only take 10% of their HP at a time.
For every +1 Damage Dealer, the effort required to get Loot Priority may or may not be harder depending on how much damage each person output but most likely much easier if First Hit was achieved.
0. The damage threshold required to get Loot Priority decreases linearly if you get First Hit and decreases linearly if you don't get First Hit.
1. The more people there are dealing damage to the MVP the easier it is to get Loot Priority on the items that drop given you got First Hit.
2. Getting First Hit on an MVP when there are a lot of people dealing damage is extremely important to get.
3. Outlier events occur when there are many people dealing damage to the MVP but if everyone but one person is dealing minimal damage then that one person that is doing the majority (60-70%) of the damage,
will get Loot Priority despite not getting First Hit and when everyone did similar damage except the First Hitter who did minimal damage but they got First Hit therefore they get Loot Priority.
4. If you arrive late and see people already dealing damage to an MVP, you may not even want to join in as it is probably too late for you to get the required 60-70% damage threshold to get Loot Priority. You'd only
end up helping them kill the MVP for nothing.
Overall, it is possible to "race" people for Loot Priority when you do not get First Hit but getting First Hit makes getting Loot Priority extremely easy. And for those that are thinking "does getting MVP matter?". Well getting MVP just means you did the most damage so as stated in the tests above, that doesn't mean you will get Loot Priority.
Edited by VModCinnamon, 13 September 2017 - 03:44 AM.
Mod Edit: Changed font style to Green, Red/Bold is for moderation.