[Suggestion] Botany Bay - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Suggestion] Botany Bay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 allanfcp1

allanfcp1

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

Hello people
sorry i tried to post this on  Proposals and Suggestions but somehow i can't =/.

one of the big problems of the Restart (and of many other servers) is the constant fight against the bots that spoil the economy of the game.

seeing that the Restart has some things different from other servers , this gave me an idea

(help me to perfect this idea)

The system would be similar to the one released in runescape game in 2012 that would be the Botany Bay.  :p_idea: 

a place where bot suspects were brought to trial by the community's own players  :rice: 

the idea would be a map where all the bots would be trapped and they would be incapacitated of teleportation, and the only way to leave is proving
which are not bots for the community itself (or for  the GM), the Botany Bay.  :p_love:  :p_love: 

These days I was playing and noticed something trying to get the bots off a map with portal (yes I try to clear some maps).
I noticed that when the bot is teleported to a strange map it automatically log out and does not enter anymore, it should be an automatic feature to avoid banishment, after all if the player log out when the GM verifies that it is bot, the bann is not 100% accurate, due to a follow-up of steps for BAN application.

the GM does not has sufficient bot confirmation
BUT he has the suspicion = D  :p_idea:

for the work of the GM by the amount of bots this would be easier because he would only send the suspicious character to the Botany Bay., that would be imprisoned to be judged by the community in the own map.

and to influence community support in the fight against bots, this system could give rewards to players who participated in that trial

I added the idea of ​​adding the option to report bot in game by right clicking on the character, and if that player reported has more than the X complaints per bot, it would automatically be sent to the Botany Bay for be tried.

The idea is still initial but with your help you can improve a lot to get better.
sorry for my english

So what do you think of the idea?  :rice:

Edited by allanfcp1, 13 September 2017 - 02:31 AM.

#2 RistrettoJoe

RistrettoJoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:59 AM

I noticed that when the bot is teleported to a strange map it automatically log out and does not enter anymore, it should be an automatic feature to avoid banishment, after all if the player log out when the GM verifies that it is bot, the bann is not 100% accurate, due to a follow-up of steps for BAN application.

When the bot enters the so called "Botany Bay", it will also auto log out thus having the same problem

Spoiler

#3 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

They might already be working on that.   They have put in counter measure's and it's noticeable that the number of bots has gone down.   

#4 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:18 AM

The whole "trial" for Botany Bay is just for show. The account has already been banned at that point, and it's just a way for players to see them get banned and have some fun with it.

The real power of Botany Bay is automatically detecting whether the behavior of the entity playing that account is human, or not. I'm sure there's some fancy neural net stuff they're doing on the backend. But warpportal will not be able to attract that kind of expertise with the kind of pay they seem to offer (according to glassdoor), or from volunteer devs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users