KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPortugal / France
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

Reposting this topic again since aparently on wrong section.

For the NEW players who coment that emporia is about camping and waiting for the good quest to have some tension..... that is a joke!

Whats the fun of making a PICNIC on  a island waiting for a good quest to complet?

First years of dragonica emporia was FUN! All players where playing it and changing channels fighting to lead guild to victory and u come tell me this camping is the best thing?

Back again to topic....

So we all know emporia quests are random, but is that system fair?

I would suggest to make the [Mission system] 

-If there is only 2 classes in Emporia tournament the quest should be only for attack/kill or use a Certain skill on  that specific class! that would make it more dificult!

-If a new class joins the quest auto update to be able like [attack 1 warrior].

-The attack core should be activated only when the core is able to be attack.
-[Skill Quests] are the best 1 and easy to do, no problem with them.

Making this new quest could rise the total point that are needed- or just cut the points we get in half.

Nowadays emporia is about LUCK! Dont tell me picnic is the best way to get strategy... or make the players exclude even more theyrs guildmenbers...and make even mor uselles classes.

So players see them forced sometimes to quit theyr char and make it secondary to make a new main 1 since its the best and only they want on PVP. 

Some guild get super easy quest in less than 20seconds more than 50points.

The system is unfair and should try a new way.

#2 zekiel6

zekiel6

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

if you only get quests for classes that are inside emporia wars the game will be decided after 2minutes. not a bad idea but if you change the system like that you need to lower the reward points for quests to 1 or lower (0.5). Because you will finish a attack quest for one class and will get directly after it a new one and a new one and a new one. because all "useless quests" will get removed you will reach 100 points in some seconds with ten or more people.

#3 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

If EW is only about camping that's because people are not willing to play by killing people. A few years ago, when newbies were sent on the battlegrounds people would complain that they are free points. So killing was actually a possible way to get points. But since people don't want to loose and that missions are the safest way to win.
Also thise players like to use the least classes as possible to prevent the enemy team from earning points since the amount of working quests is greatly decreased by doing so.

So what happens if you remove the quests that cannot be performed ?
Pretty much the same. But instead, people will go as a full invoker team, with one archer, one warrior and one thief and those 3 others classes will camp so that the opponent team won't be able to perform the quests. Nothing much will change because there is nothing that currently exists against campers so it will remain as it is as long as it is the safest way to win.

#4 blackph

blackph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

I know the old EW system, I play Dragonica since end of 2009 if remember right.

Every class is able to fight in EW. Even now. Just take a look at RevenGER. They are fightin with all classes except Fighters. And often the Warriors collect plenty points. If you cannot fight with your Thief or Warrior take a look for another guild or better make your own.

Unfortunately I can't check anymore what I wrote, but what I said was, that your suggestion is not good, bc it would just lead to island hopping, and it will be even more about luck since before.

Ofc the system is not perfect. I said that, but since it's a bit about luck and tactic smaller guilds have a chance to win (best example is Cloudless). And indeed it makes fun to do EW especially bc of the current system. It's like Poker. You need good tactics, gameplay and luck in both: Poker and EW. And I have NEVER met someone who said you need to change the  system of Poker bc it's also about luck. :p_hi:

If you want to be able to collect faster more points, go with 20 instead of 10 in ew, you should have a higher chance to collect points... Ofc you need to know how to do Quests and do them. If you are afraid to join the foe island... your mistake. :yawn:

Another way is to do like some guilds do... They just overhelm and hunt their foes.

What could be done is adding some classes more quests to do... Take a look @ Destroyer, they have 0 or 1 quest they could do. I am not sure.

Change Stormblade-Quest of Warriors to Sworddance Quest. Ez to do and it will make them more interesting.

What you could do is just increasing the ammount of points you need to collect, or decrease the points you get.... That's how you may lead guilds to do real fights again

Edited by blackph, 13 September 2017 - 09:43 AM.

#5 KyoneskeMaekho

KyoneskeMaekho

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPortugal / France
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Making the emporia wars lattely with my own guild all people go make quest when possible!

like i said an du can see i didnt edit post:

"Making this new quest could rise the total point that are needed- or just cut the points we get in half." i mean instead of the 100 points get like 300.

Yes ofc points should rise if not empo will be kinda boring with a 2min fight.

I let all join Emporia and been recruiting a lot Geared players so we can all 25 go inside spam quest even warrior are welcome :)

its a guild to help newbies but lucky they respect the rule of only geared can join xD

^^

#6 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:22 AM

From what I remember, Popcorn said it wasn't possible for now to rework stuffs in Emporia. Though I think some simple values changing can make it already more enjoyable. Also, some quests should get removed in my opinion like the core-related and skill-related quests which are impossible / too easy.

@Popcorn : Is changing some values or removing some quests currently possible ?

#7 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

Tired of suggesting already but the easiest suggestion to improve Emporia is to increase the points needed to be able to deal dmg to core. Nowadays ew matches end way too fast and the one who got luck at the beginning has the high chance to win. Some matches people lose without getting their quest renewed. By increasing the point needed, it will make ew match last longer -> more possible things can happen, more chance for each team to win or actually do something -> less depended on luck.

The suggestion also seems easy to perform. Maybe 200-300 points would be good enough. Why is there 30 mins limit on ew match when it ends in 5-10 mins?

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

Btw this is still the wrong section.

#9 blackph

blackph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

What you could do is just increasing the ammount of points you need to collect, or decrease the points you get.... That's how you may lead guilds to do real fights again

Tired of suggesting already but the easiest suggestion to improve Emporia is to increase the points needed to be able to deal dmg to core. Nowadays ew matches end way too fast and the one who got luck at the beginning has the high chance to win. Some matches people lose without getting their quest renewed. By increasing the point needed, it will make ew match last longer -> more possible things can happen, more chance for each team to win or actually do something -> less depended on luck.

The suggestion also seems easy to perform. Maybe 200-300 points would be good enough. Why is there 30 mins limit on ew match when it ends in 5-10 mins?

That's exactly what I tried so say at the end :) 

With 200 points it doesnt matter that much if the enemy get's fast 50 points since they still have 150 to go :D

I really like that idea :no1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users