My dual shadow ring[1] review - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

My dual shadow ring[1] review

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

I just parked my dude with reflect gear in orc village and made free zeny. Slap on a pendant of harmony + loli ruri card or whatever else to proc healing (green cenere works too) and voila, you good m8.

How much do you make per night of afking there?

#27 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

How much do you make per night of afking there?

There's very big variance, and higher pay off with riskier areas as how much zeny you get depends on the level of the enemy. 

I think orcs give about 500z per 'mug', the trick is to 1) kill them slowly enough that you mug them before killing them but 2) kill them so you're not stuck mobbed with an un-muggable enemy draining your HP. 

Nirvanna's suggestion to use an antonio card isn't bad, so long as it procs less often than mug->kill. 

Over a few hours, you can expect to earn half a mil. Not a lot by any means, but you can literally just leave your char in a safe enough area like orc village for hours and never worry about it unless orc lord spawns and/or someone trolls you.

Some autocast gear is necessary so you don't leave a mob of "damaged enemies" for other people to clean up -- ring of resonance is a good choice, as is something like the lower proc rates of bloody knight + lion model hat, etc. 

I haven't messed with zenny knife + cramp card + show me the money costume yet. May dig into that too. 

Also, I'm only using mug level 4.... so I may raise that to 10 to get some more oomph out of it. 

I really wish the shadow rings came out earlier than they did now, in part because I was leveling my SC and would have enjoyed using it then, and also because Divinity: Original Sin 2 is out now and that game is devouring my time like crazy, and so less time/motivation to experiment with this stuff. 

edit: Mug zeny quantity = enemy level * 10 + 0~100 according to the site that shall not be named, so for orcs a median of 440z. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 18 September 2017 - 08:26 AM.

#28 sujinpark

sujinpark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

my lv99/24 sc only got 50k zeny less for 45mins same prices as crimson weaps selling price with 2 death in orc field, i can scavenger-loot that item in low it or nogg for just few sec.

The back stab damage is Excellent 10/10 where the sp consumptxn is only 16 its my 1st time seeing that big numbers in my sc melee skill but my magic-sc:

1.autocast item 11% + 6%+ 5% chance

2.all bolt magic amplify by 30% & 80% to fire-bolt

3.50% M.def penetrate

4.reflect dmg 40% setting(secret)

5. debuff/infected type SC

can still manage horde merciless.

To boost more the dmg of backstab i need to become str type physical sc, what should i pick?  

if only this item release in my stalker era, i can go for it on leveling but magician gloves & other OCP items is the game changer for my magic type sc today.   :p_swt:

Edited by sujinpark, 19 September 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#29 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

my lv99/24 sc only got 50k zeny less for 45mins same prices as crimson weaps selling price with 2 death in orc field, i can scavenger-loot that item in low it or nogg for just few sec.

The back stab damage is Excellent 10/10 where the sp consumptxn is only 16 its my 1st time seeing that big numbers in my sc melee skill but my magic-sc:

1.autocast item 11% + 6%+ 5% chance

2.all bolt magic amplify by 30% & 80% to fire-bolt

3.50% M.def penetrate

4.reflect dmg 40% setting(secret)

5. debuff/infected type SC

can still manage horde merciless.

To boost more the dmg of backstab i need to become str type physical sc, what should i pick?  

if only this item release in my stalker era, i can go for it on leveling but magician gloves & other OCP items is the game changer for my magic type sc today.   :p_swt:

Back-stab builds usually benefit much better from STR since the weapon you'll be using to deal full damage are dagger/one hand swords, but if you were able to watch Zayaan's GMT run, he only has 18(?) base STR but is still able to dish out high amounts of BS damage due to the unbelievable bonus Shadow Rings give.

Long story short, it's possible to deal a decent amount of BS damage even if you have little to no STR, like your Auto-Spell Chaser.

#30 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

If going low STR then rely on high eATK via crimson and/or vicious mind. Will help with the size mod reduction as well. 

#31 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

str will inevitably play a big role on the damsge with melee weapons, even with low base atk, due to the status atk it also gives.

#32 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

and if I remember correctly, you were suggesting high agi, what's is its use?

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

spam the skill? lol

pair aspd with delay reduction. If you dont use any kind of delay reduction, then you dont need aspd. 

#34 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

add the same setup but now with +7 old shadow handicraft:

CCAajvD.jpg

with hawkeye

bWBJ4Qt.jpg

cant wait to make this hat +12

#35 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

CCAajvD.jpg

with hawkeye
bWBJ4Qt.jpg

Oh my gosh. Chaser is so OP now.

Edited by DieNasty, 23 September 2017 - 09:37 PM.

#36 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

CCAajvD.jpg

with hawkeye

bWBJ4Qt.jpg

Congrats on finally acquiring the hat. That is some insane damage.

Edited by Usurper, 23 September 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#37 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

To spam BS: Just make your target walk diagonally then cross paths with it while casting BS or be in the same cell(via Flying Kick) after the target moved diagnoally.

Double clicking the "right click" button on your mouse will reset your view to default, from there you can easily identify which path is diagonal.

Just remember that your target should be the one to move diagonally, other skills that have knock back effect used on them will not work (Arrow Shower, Magnum Break etc.)

can you pls upload a vid on this?

im having trouble with it.

can you do this in PVP too?

thnx

#38 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

Here is a short video of how it works https://m.youtube.co...l backstab&sm=3.

It's easier if you use Flying kick. And yeah it works in PvP or anywhere.

Credit goes to the author of the vid.

#39 1008862625

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Thor/kRO/bRO

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

can anyone please try this in NCT using a backstab skill? with neo punk and big bell card/ level 150 shadow chaser? Sorry for the edit because i was just amazed by the shadow ring item. For my main question, how was the masquerade skills for the old shadow headgear?is the 1 sec delay worth it?any video will be really helpful thanks

Edited by 1008862625, 29 September 2017 - 04:06 AM.

#40 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

some one have results with ice pick +9 ~ 12?  

Edited by DOGYDOOOG, 30 September 2017 - 08:48 PM.

#41 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

can anyone please try this in NCT using a backstab skill? with neo punk and big bell card/ level 150 shadow chaser? Sorry for the edit because i was just amazed by the shadow ring item. For my main question, how was the masquerade skills for the old shadow headgear?is the 1 sec delay worth it?any video will be really helpful thanks

It'll obviously deal a great amount of damage but it's going to be a hassle using it in PvM especially in NCT.

As for the head gear masqs bonus, I personally haven't used it or I think its usefulness will be noticeable because you can't inflict the same masq on the target twice while it's still active. It might be a little useful in WoE so you could quickly jump around people and start masq'ing them, but it's better to use demi-reduction equips rather than gaining -1 sec cool down.

some one have results with ice pick +9 ~ 12?  

The thing is, what ever weapon you use, it's damage will still be greatly increased due to the rings effect, so if you're target has high def, then I guess you can kill it with 1-2 hits.

Edited by Usurper, 30 September 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#42 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

should be not better then +15 crimson dagger i think. unless the monster has 500 def

#43 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

Probably, but Ice Pick is more of an all around weapon in PvM, I personally use a +9 Solid Ice Pick and it works great.

@1008862625

Just to add, if you're really thinking off using BS in NCT to kill bells, try using Haze Slasher becuase it puts you in a hiding state w/out penalizing your movement speed allowing you to move fast very similar to cloaking.

So you can go hide>bs>hide>bs and eventually get tired :heh:

#44 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Probably, but Ice Pick is more of an all around weapon in PvM, I personally use a +9 Solid Ice Pick and it works great.

@1008862625

Just to add, if you're really thinking off using BS in NCT to kill bells, try using Haze Slasher becuase it puts you in a hiding state w/out penalizing your movement speed allowing you to move fast very similar to cloaking.

So you can go hide>bs>hide>bs and eventually get tired :heh:

Does this work with maximum power trust so the weapon does not break?

#45 1008862625

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Thor/kRO/bRO

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

It'll obviously deal a great amount of damage but it's going to be a hassle using it in PvM especially in NCT.

As for the head gear masqs bonus, I personally haven't used it or I think its usefulness will be noticeable because you can't inflict the same masq on the target twice while it's still active. It might be a little useful in WoE so you could quickly jump around people and start masq'ing them, but it's better to use demi-reduction equips rather than gaining -1 sec cool down.

The thing is, what ever weapon you use, it's damage will still be greatly increased due to the rings effect, so if you're target has high def, then I guess you can kill it with 1-2 hits.

thanks for the tip. i just want to try the headgear because if my first attempt of masq ignorance failed, i can recast it fastly again haha. thanks

#46 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

Does this work with maximum power trust so the weapon does not break?

Yes

thanks for the tip. i just want to try the headgear because if my first attempt of masq ignorance failed, i can recast it fastly again haha. thanks

Neat idea but IMO, demi-reduction gears are better. You can't masq if you're dead.

#47 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

with +10 HG

no hawkeye

33ud7xd.jpg

with hawkeye

34smjj8.jpg

my guess is, at +12 my damage can go up to 165k. and with hawkeye to 200k.

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

it will be aproximatelly a 10% damage increase from current +10

#49 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

Reset to 120 Str and my Back Stab damage is much better now.

181BbGb.jpg

Dark Clawed, unlexed. Buffs used were Clementia, Shield Spell, Odin's Power, Magnum Break and converter. I could add double Megged and maybe Bear's Powered GT Convert but that would be pushing it lol.

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Reset to 120 Str and my Back Stab damage is much better now.

181BbGb.jpg

Dark Clawed, unlexed. Buffs used were Clementia, Shield Spell, Odin's Power, Magnum Break and converter. I could add double Megged and maybe Bear's Powered GT Convert but that would be pushing it lol.

Remember the days about two years back when everyone and their mother complained about Arrow Storm? A skill which can now be mathematically proven to be inefficient without certain cards after a certain point? But these days every other class can do more. Ranger is literally a glass cannon with no other merits kek.

Still nice job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users