Central Lab Bug, Player Experience Representative - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Central Lab Bug, Player Experience Representative

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:59 AM

On 15 August 2017 10:11PM, I wrote a ticket to address my continuous disconnection issue while using my main account on Central Lab instances. I could assure you my connection/router/laptop are doing fine because my merchant still vending at that same time and didn’t get disconnected at all. It took me multiple times refreshing warpportal’s support page just to send a single picture that often end up with “page is unresponsive”.

On 24 August 2017 11:39PM, I went to Central Lab instance. It had been my daily routine to go there by solo. While I’m using my GX lv162, I find that my movements becoming unresponsive and area to walk suddenly became smaller. It became worse when I spam my Rolling Cutter skill, my character head seem to be “chopped-off” into half. On my first encounter I faced MVP Osiris. After Osiris died, I was unable to loot any of the Scale Shell off the ground. I need to pick up all of it to clear the way so I try to drop a Jellopy (which was with me before enter). Regardless of what I do, the only thing that I could loot was the jellopy. All of the dropped item remained on the same spot until the end of instance.

I was unable to identify which MVP did I killed at that time because all MVP in Central Lab are named as “unidentified creature”. The only thought I could think of at the time was to take a screenshot. Once I was done with Central Lab Instance, I showed the screenshot and described the 2nd MVP I fought to my Fragment Guild Leader (Fast Fingers) which he determined 100% it was Detardeus (Large Dragon with no wings, Dark Red Skin, Green scales on head). I also told my guild on how warpportal’s support addressed to me upon my concerns. Warpportal’s support claims that they have conducted  several  tests but were still unable to detect which card dropped. The ticket response was that i should play on another device that has no bug or reiterations for RO. In my point of view, I feel like it was handled lightly as if I’m a liar. Up till now, I keep on facing new bugged/problems as follows:

Issues/Bugged/Problem as following:

• Suddenly get disconnected, unable to re-enter the instance

• Character movement’s delay. (While I’m still alive, the MVP moved first but I remain on same spot > target to hit also changed with MVP position)

• Mostly my gear broke when fighting MVP, so I usually use RODEX to send my broken gear to my merchant id for repair and resend back to me via RODEX for re-use. Sometimes I can’t close the RODEX window which followed with my entire screen becoming unresponsive to my cursor.

I'd like the CMs and Campitor to take a closer look at my bug. This isn't right. Please Help!

Edited by cyrilicious, 16 September 2017 - 06:09 PM.

#2 Gibbly

Gibbly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

Pardon the off-topic reply but please edit out the ticket number if you see this, for safety concerns. Ticket numbers aren't meant to be shared publicly.

#3 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Have you try a fresh install?

#4 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

Pardon the off-topic reply but please edit out the ticket number if you see this, for safety concerns. Ticket numbers aren't meant to be shared publicly.

i forgotten about that part T,,,,T sorry and thank you for reminding of it. Done =)

#5 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

Have you try a fresh install?

yes, i did try re-install/keeping up-to-date/updating all my drivers. i still having problems when doing CL instance.

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

Greetings,

On 15 August 2017 10:11PM, I wrote a ticket to address my continuous disconnection issue while using my main account on Central Lab instances. I could assure you my connection/router/laptop are doing fine because my merchant still vending at that same time and didn’t get disconnected at all. It took me multiple times refreshing warpportal’s support page just to send a single picture that often end up with “page is unresponsive”.

Page being unresponsive or unable to load could be due to the DDoS mitigation or issues with DNS. If you are still having this issue please switch to Google DNS.

On 24 August 2017 11:39PM, I went to Central Lab instance. It had been my daily routine to go there by solo. While I’m using my GX lv162, I find that my movements becoming unresponsive and area to walk suddenly became smaller. It became worse when I spam my Rolling Cutter skill, my character head seem to be “chopped-off” into half. On my first encounter I faced MVP Osiris. After Osiris died, I was unable to loot any of the Scale Shell off the ground. I need to pick up all of it to clear the way so I try to drop a Jellopy (which was with me before enter). Regardless of what I do, the only thing that I could loot was the jellopy. All of the dropped item remained on the same spot until the end of instance.

"..It became worse when I spam my Rolling Cutter skill", this is a very good observation, per the description it is possibly due to latency issues. When spamming skills for example or engaging into a lot of happenings on the screen, the server/client would send/receive many packets, if the connection is not smooth some packets may drop and you will get that. Comparing it to idle vend merchant, I highly doubt the packets transfer would be as crazy :P.

That being said, we can't have a proper say without a tracert made on that date. As for the loot issue, AFAIK that may occur due to lag. Usually fixed by walking off screen or re-logging, sadly the latter is not possible if the user is in an instance.

I was unable to identify which MVP did I killed at that time because all MVP in Central Lab are named as “unidentified creature”. The only thought I could think of at the time was to take a screenshot. Once I was done with Central Lab Instance, I showed the screenshot and described the 2nd MVP I fought to my Fragment Guild Leader (Fast Fingers) which he determined 100% it was Detardeus (Large Dragon with no wings, Dark Red Skin, Green scales on head). I also told my guild on how warpportal’s support addressed to me upon my concerns. 

I could be wrong but the spawned MvPs in that instance are named like that. It has been a while so I am not sure if that was changed recently.

Warpportal’s support claims that they have conducted  several  tests but were still unable to detect which card dropped. The ticket response was that i should play on another device that has no bug or reiterations for RO. In my point of view, I feel like it was handled lightly as if I’m a liar. Up till now, I keep on facing new bugged/problems as follows:

Issues/Bugged/Problem as following:

• Suddenly get disconnected, unable to re-enter the instance

• Character movement’s delay. (While I’m still alive, the MVP moved first but I remain on same spot > target to hit also changed with MVP position)

• Mostly my gear broke when fighting MVP, so I usually use RODEX to send my broken gear to my merchant id for repair and resend back to me via RODEX for re-use. Sometimes I can’t close the RODEX window which followed with my entire screen becoming unresponsive to my cursor.

I'd like the CMs and Campitor to take a closer look at my bug. This isn't right. Please Help!

I would suggest going with basic troubleshooting first, such as power cycling the modem/router and checking physical wiring.

Taking a tracert and perhaps running PingPlotter would be helpful to pinpoint the issue.
Using a proxy/VPN would be another option. Please check my post here for more details.

Guide on how to take a tracert is found here.

#7 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

https://imgur.com/fPxa7ME

https://imgur.com/Obicoco

https://imgur.com/5oHPlYo

#8 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Greetings,

Page being unresponsive or unable to load could be due to the DDoS mitigation or issues with DNS. If you are still having this issue please switch to Google DNS.

"..It became worse when I spam my Rolling Cutter skill", this is a very good observation, per the description it is possibly due to latency issues. When spamming skills for example or engaging into a lot of happenings on the screen, the server/client would send/receive many packets, if the connection is not smooth some packets may drop and you will get that. Comparing it to idle vend merchant, I highly doubt the packets transfer would be as crazy :P.

That being said, we can't have a proper say without a tracert made on that date. As for the loot issue, AFAIK that may occur due to lag. Usually fixed by walking off screen or re-logging, sadly the latter is not possible if the user is in an instance.

I could be wrong but the spawned MvPs in that instance are named like that. It has been a while so I am not sure if that was changed recently.

I would suggest going with basic troubleshooting first, such as power cycling the modem/router and checking physical wiring.

Taking a tracert and perhaps running PingPlotter would be helpful to pinpoint the issue.
Using a proxy/VPN would be another option. Please check my post here for more details.

Guide on how to take a tracert is found here.

i've posted my result of tracert in earlier reply. just to add to this issue, today i went to CL again, but this bug is way epic than before. i died several times when facing MVP Kiel, but the VIP buff still on regardless how many times i died in there. and when i went to eden for new buff, i didn't get anything. [yes. my vip is still active]

https://imgur.com/vSn8PRd

https://imgur.com/R06UA2s

Edited by cyrilicious, 18 September 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#9 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:59 AM

Thank you.

That's somewhat high latency readings. Please check with your ISP technical department, ask them to inspect your lines, you may share with them the network test results.

Also please test out Proxy/VPN or Leatrix, see if that makes any difference.

As for the GX issue,

If the sprite misplacement is occurring still then please try a fresh reinstall, if you are using any client edits please go without them for now.

Official client release here.

Mirror download links here.

By any chance are you using a macro to spam skills?

#10 Gibbly

Gibbly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:41 AM

i've posted my result of tracert in earlier reply. just to add to this issue, today i went to CL again, but this bug is way epic than before. i died several times when facing MVP Kiel, but the VIP buff still on regardless how many times i died in there. and when i went to eden for new buff, i didn't get anything. [yes. my vip is still active]

The buffs your screenshots reveal are for the +10 stat buff that is available via Oda's Elixir(?), Fishing Event quest NPC Westley who gives it in return for Blue Whale Points and from what I believe, Victoria Quest every 24 hours(?). This is evident from the Resistant Souls buff icon which is visible in the form of a cross. Since the buff is for +10 on all stats, it over-rides the VIP +7 buffs and as such you won't see any change in the original timer.

#11 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

Thank you.

That's somewhat high latency readings. Please check with your ISP technical department, ask them to inspect your lines, you may share with them the network test results.

Also please test out Proxy/VPN or Leatrix, see if that makes any difference.

As for the GX issue,

If the sprite misplacement is occurring still then please try a fresh reinstall, if you are using any client edits please go without them for now.

Official client release here.

Mirror download links here.

By any chance are you using a macro to spam skills?

thank you for your guidance. i really do appreciate your fast reply.

Yes, i do use macro on GX to spam Rolling Cutter, but not when using RK tho.

i also want to ask your opinion from your point of view about the bugged loot.

A card was dropped and i am certain it came from 2nd MVP, Detardeus.

since the loot was bugged, can't i reclaim it? at least shouldn't i receive any compensation?

if i able to produce the exact time/screenshot/proof, can't you check thru your system or something to verify the card drop?

The buffs your screenshots reveal are for the +10 stat buff that is available via Oda's Elixir(?), Fishing Event quest NPC Westley who gives it in return for Blue Whale Points and from what I believe, Victoria Quest every 24 hours(?). This is evident from the Resistant Souls buff icon which is visible in the form of a cross. Since the buff is for +10 on all stats, it over-rides the VIP +7 buffs and as such you won't see any change in the original timer.

i did not participate in the Blue Whale Points hunt or Victoria Quest, but i did however consumed an Oda Elixir buff. i didn't know Oda Buff could do that. thank you for sharing.

#12 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:03 AM

Yes, i do use macro on GX to spam Rolling Cutter, but not when using RK tho.

i also want to ask your opinion from your point of view about the bugged loot.

A card was dropped and i am certain it came from 2nd MVP, Detardeus.

since the loot was bugged, can't i reclaim it? at least shouldn't i receive any compensation?

if i able to produce the exact time/screenshot/proof, can't you check thru your system or something to verify the card drop?

If you are experiencing latency issues and using a macro, I would suggest adjusting the macro/script to not over-spam. Adding a sleep command/pause would be desired.

As for the card, I am not really sure if the staff keep logs for dropped cards. If I recall correctly the user must be in possess of the card first to be eligible for proper support.

I will inquire about that later today and update this thread when possible.

#13 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

If you are experiencing latency issues and using a macro, I would suggest adjusting the macro/script to not over-spam. Adding a sleep command/pause would be desired.

As for the card, I am not really sure if the staff keep logs for dropped cards. If I recall correctly the user must be in possess of the card first to be eligible for proper support.

I will inquire about that later today and update this thread when possible.

[Removed]

well, this is depressing. 

regardless, thank you for your reply cinnamon. 

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 September 2017 - 01:04 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed ticket response, please keep such private.

#14 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

https://imgur.com/fPxa7ME

https://imgur.com/Obicoco

https://imgur.com/5oHPlYo

Oh wow. That sucks.

#15 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

well, this is depressing. 

regardless, thank you for your reply cinnamon. 

No problem.

It seems that you have received a response to your ticket, you can use the same to inquire further as I have not received a follow up on the card restoration matter yet.

Please note that I have omitted the response from your post, this is for security and privacy concerns.

#16 cyrilicious

cyrilicious

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

VModCinnamon, why can't i use my char ?

by that i meant, i can open my other char within the same id, 

but it seem i can't use my GX. every time i click to use GX i get disconnected

#17 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

There was an issue with login earlier today, please see if you can login now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users