Just a stupid suggestion for future Pvp references - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Just a stupid suggestion for future Pvp references

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

I gave it a thought and PvP balance can be done only through opinions from players. But I think what the WP team needs is opinions of themselves in PvP how stuff works in BSQ and Room Pvp.

Considering I havent missed out almost all lets play streams they wouldnt get to lvl 81 in a billion years ( not talking about gear ).

My suggestion is what if the Gms and admins would make a max lvl character equip it via they gm powers just for pure pvp purposes so they can collect info about whats working whats not working what is broken so they get real PvP experience not just opinions from other people and based on that making balance decisions and etc..

Yes I know people work hard for their gear and bla bla bla you dont have to tell me. But its just for future balance.

Idk how people would think about this if its way too offending that GMs get fast geared characters for balance purposes or if its okay with them and how the staff thinks about it.

#2 cartouche

cartouche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

I also think that any gm working on balancing anything should be well versed in playing the game at the level that everyone else is.

They should get some 1v1 room pvp experience, some BSQ, some emporia

they should be doing the high level dungeons, be doing elga...

and they also should be testing every class.

I do think they already do some of that Kristof, although i do not know to what extent

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

I can play and test every class I want to and this is done.

I have played every aspect of the game except for EW because (as I already mentioned in another topic) the setup of new EW tournaments is not working properly so I can't set it up on the testserver yet.

I know about the real stuff which is going in BSQ and EW - the exploits used and I already told you that some of it can't be fixed so get used to it.
I don't need to play PvP - I can watch it if I want to. And I already did it several times. Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I am not there.

Plus I can access everything on the test server (except for EW) to test everything I want with and without OP gear and with and without exploits with every class.

Right now my Popcorn char on the live server is an overlord and before I was an archer to test flashbang for example. Just to let you know.

Just because I am only playing Invoker privately does not mean I am only testing Invokers.

You are free to ask, make suggestions and stuff but I am not willing to listen to demands or let you put pressure on me. Just to make that clear.

Finally you can choose to either live with me as a developer or with no one. If you want to get rid of me you can have that within 5 minutes.

I would recommend to stop bashing on the team all the time. People who are trying to get the best out of an old game which we got as a whole mess with zero documentation and not working tools. And if you don't like the livestreams, no one forces you to watch them.

#4 cartouche

cartouche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

I can play and test every class I want to and this is done.

I have played every aspect of the game except for EW because (as I already mentioned in another topic) the setup of new EW tournaments is not working properly so I can't set it up on the testserver yet.

I know about the real stuff which is going in BSQ and EW - the exploits used and I already told you that some of it can't be fixed so get used to it.
I don't need to play PvP - I can watch it if I want to. And I already did it several times. Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I am not there.

Plus I can access everything on the test server (except for EW) to test everything I want with and without OP gear and with and without exploits with every class.

Right now my Popcorn char on the live server is an overlord and before I was an archer to test flashbang for example. Just to let you know.

Just because I am only playing Invoker privately does not mean I am only testing Invokers.

You are free to ask, make suggestions and stuff but I am not willing to listen to demands or let you put pressure on me. Just to make that clear.

Finally you can choose to either live with me as a developer or with no one. If you want to get rid of me you can have that within 5 minutes.

I would recommend to stop bashing on the team all the time. People who are trying to get the best out of an old game which we got as a whole mess with zero documentation and not working tools. And if you don't like the livestreams, no one forces you to watch them.

i don't think he meant you specifically, but rather the "GMs" in general (as in the ones on the livestream)

We all know that you play the game actively, and sometimes are not allowed to make all the decisions which must not be easy.

I also replied above that most of the "GMs" already do all that, but i did not know to what extent, to which you replied.

I agree that sometimes I wish people would stop and understand that this game is from 2008 before posting...

Let's not forget that before you came in the scene, the extent of the changes to the game for over a year was new cash shop costumes, that's it.

It may be hard to believe with all the trolls among the forums but believe me at least one person is thankful. (me)

Edited by cartouche, 18 September 2017 - 12:33 PM.

#5 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

i don't think he meant you specifically, but rather the "GMs" in general (as in the ones on the livestream)

I know this is a common misconception, but GMs actually don't usually participate in our livestreams. The people hosting livestreams are CMs, or Community Managers and we are in charge of posting about the game through social media, running events and forwarding on information to the development team from the community. The purpose of these livestreams is to engage with the community and spotlight events, not test bugs as that is something that falls under the purview of the GM Team. The characters that we play on the livestreams are generally not our personal characters, but characters that are created specifically for these events and lets plays. 

The GM team, or Support Team, are the ones who answer tickets and help test issues and new content for our games when possible. These team members have access to special characters that can be boosted to higher levels and have other special skills that allow them to investigate ticket inquiries.  PvP, however, is a little more complicated than normal bug testing, and as Popcorn noted cannot always be tested outside the live server. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users