September 20th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 20th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

140 replies to this topic

#51 Lightout1989

Lightout1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

I'm still waiting for when those older costume boxes get removed from the game. It has been over a month now from when the first one was suppose to be removed.

#52 SirBarathon

SirBarathon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Any estimative on how much time is going to take the update? Untill 4 PDT for sure? D: 

#53 Jingelicious

Jingelicious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Locationhere and there
  • Server:RE: Start Odin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

is there any list for releasing the new classes?

im especially lookong for rogue

#54 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

is there any list for releasing the new classes?

im especially lookong for rogue

Here: https://forums.warpp...online-project/

#55 Jingelicious

Jingelicious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Locationhere and there
  • Server:RE: Start Odin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

awesome thanks a lot buddy

#56 iGay

iGay

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

Rogue for JANUARY?!!!! :p_omg:

#57 SaintMulla1

SaintMulla1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

Are the new sage and monk head gears slotted and can be refined ?Million dollar question !

Edited by SaintMulla1, 20 September 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#58 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

I'm still waiting for when those older costume boxes get removed from the game. It has been over a month now from when the first one was suppose to be removed.

Maybe they will stay for long time or forever since outside WoE potions boxs there is nothing to buy from kafra in bulk xD

#59 luminaa

luminaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

and the anti bot system guys?

#60 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

and the anti bot system guys?

Why are you harping on about that? They've done about as much as they can until the studio provides something better.

Also they've been relentless on bots. There is far fewer.

#61 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

hmm no mention of fixing the the connection issues that has been going on for the past week? a lot of people are having this issue

Just had a guildie quit Restart cuz of this connection issue garbage and the sad excuse for a customer support/ticket system we have. He hasn't been able to log in for over a week now and his ticket has gone unanswered for 6 days.

#62 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

The trans classes come in the next year. and the 3rd class? After 2 years ?

Will be nice, when we get more information about the future-updates(release-date).

#63 Doedu

Doedu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hi guys, i have a question .. months ago i questioned the staff about the greed quest and i received information that greed will be able when  2nd classes being released, the question is, today we have monk and sage, so we have greed quest too?

#64 Lightout1989

Lightout1989

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Re:Start Odin

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

The trans classes come in the next year. and the 3rd class? After 2 years ?

Will be nice, when we get more information about the future-updates(release-date).

Hopefully they won't individually release trans classes like how they're doing with the 2-2 classes. Imagine the nightmare that would create.

#65 Darkshadowzz

Darkshadowzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

incoming server delayed maint. eta unknown.

#66 firedrop555

firedrop555

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

nice :) thanks for the update, look forward to making a sage :) anyways if you could clarify what the sage/monk headgears are that would be great. thanks

#67 SirBarathon

SirBarathon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

incoming server delayed maint. eta unknown.

:(((

#68 5895130507125943053

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Cant you guys add the Silvervine npc to Geffen/Payon/Morroc etc ? Prontera is sometimes painfull :<

This. Walking through the mob of vendors just to get the hour buff is a pain and takes 5-10 minutes. /swt

#69 Darkshadowzz

Darkshadowzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

server maint. update please.

#70 Wil676

Wil676

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

20 more mins

#71 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Maint notification states the servers will be down until 4pm PST/7pm EST, so at least another 20 mins...

#72 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Hopefully they won't individually release trans classes like how they're doing with the 2-2 classes. Imagine the nightmare that would create.

Apparently thRO is releasing 2-1 trans and delaying 2-2 trans for a month or something. So I expect another lovely delay... My biggest problem is this update schedule is too "short term" oriented. What happens when all the classes are out? Now we have to find crap to shove in between 2-2s being out and trans patch or else we're throwing trans right afterwards and gimping players who had to wait for their class to come out and didn't want to level them as first classes.

That would set us up for something like TKs, gunslingers, and ninjas (probably spread over 3~ months) and the next CONTENT updates are Hugel (dragons without trans....), Rachel, and Thors.

If we follow something like they're doing now, I half expect

LHZ (last in the list given to us)
TK kids, TKM, Soul linker
Hugel
Gunslinger
Rachel
Ninja
Thors
???(Trans)???
Nameless
Exploded Morroc
Ash Vacuum
~Renewal was around here+ 3rds?

With somewhere in between there we'd get Trans...

We're basically going to be getting 3-5 updates meant for Trans classes to exist before trans unlocks if it's done in the current fashion.

The ALTERNATE way of looking at it is front loading the 2-2s and then we get up to LHZ and can release trans because we'll have had some content in the middle. You could even delay Trans for a bit and just release LHZ then a month later trans just to see the "fun" labs will be without having trans if people genuinely want that.

The TL;DR here:
Delaying 2-2s so much really hurts everything in the end. Forcing trans back practically into the point Renewal would have launched is not a good idea to me. I personally would greatly prefer to have my 2-2s out, everyone levels up with 2~3 content patches so we're ALL given time to level our new classes. None of this last classes released suffer waiting so long and have the shortest time to 99 before trans.

I should probably make this in its own thread but I'm waiting to consolidate all the data before doing that.

Feedback based on polling results:

Note that this question allowed people to pick multiple options, I felt this would give more weight towards the things people wanted most overall. I probably should have broken this into two parts TBH and did "most wanted" and "second most wanted" kind of questions. Will be doing a second questionnaire soon anyhow~
unknown.png
The fact here is 2-2s need to be release before Trans can be released. The overwhelming results here is people are looking forward to classes and trans more than the content itself. Content can be fun, but waiting on your class you want to play so that you can DO that content is not.

unknown.png

The community is quite split on how fast they want content delivered. I wonder here if people realize how fast the server would end up at current content if we genuinely went for two updates a week. That would be less than 2 years to catch up to current iRO Chaos content? I don't have time to count it all out but it's pretty quick. Just basic math this out:
If we have 24 content updates at:
Twice a month: 1 year
Once a month: 2 years
Once ever other month: 4 years.

We need to consider how long we want this server to be stretched. Too many delays will make players leave, too short will catch us up to Chaos too fast. I personally think once ever 1 OR 2 months is a good median, depending on the content of the patches. Bigger patches with major leveling zones should have bigger delays between while small ones need to be quickly moved onto the next one.

I'd go into further details of my thoughts and such but I'm outta time to write more right now.

#73 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

Honestly, I wish WP would "stick to the plan, stick to the plan". But that's obviously not going to happen lol.

#74 Potatohash

Potatohash

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

That's pretty handy! Thank you for sharing. 

Anyone knows if Soul linker comes out before or after transcendence/rebirth classes ? I guess logically given it's skill it should be before, but RO does funny things.

Edited by Potatohash, 20 September 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#75 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Apparently thRO is releasing 2-1 trans and delaying 2-2 trans for a month or something. So I expect another lovely delay... My biggest problem is this update schedule is too "short term" oriented. What happens when all the classes are out? Now we have to find crap to shove in between 2-2s being out and trans patch or else we're throwing trans right afterwards and gimping players who had to wait for their class to come out and didn't want to level them as first classes.

That would set us up for something like TKs, gunslingers, and ninjas (probably spread over 3~ months) and the next CONTENT updates are Hugel (dragons without trans....), Rachel, and Thors.

If we follow something like they're doing now, I half expect

LHZ (last in the list given to us)
TK kids, TKM, Soul linker
Hugel
Gunslinger
Rachel
Ninja
Thors
???(Trans)???
Nameless
Exploded Morroc
Ash Vacuum
~Renewal was around here+ 3rds?

With somewhere in between there we'd get Trans...

We're basically going to be getting 3-5 updates meant for Trans classes to exist before trans unlocks if it's done in the current fashion.

The ALTERNATE way of looking at it is front loading the 2-2s and then we get up to LHZ and can release trans because we'll have had some content in the middle. You could even delay Trans for a bit and just release LHZ then a month later trans just to see the "fun" labs will be without having trans if people genuinely want that.

The TL;DR here:
Delaying 2-2s so much really hurts everything in the end. Forcing trans back practically into the point Renewal would have launched is not a good idea to me. I personally would greatly prefer to have my 2-2s out, everyone levels up with 2~3 content patches so we're ALL given time to level our new classes. None of this last classes released suffer waiting so long and have the shortest time to 99 before trans.

I should probably make this in its own thread but I'm waiting to consolidate all the data before doing that.

Feedback based on polling results:

Note that this question allowed people to pick multiple options, I felt this would give more weight towards the things people wanted most overall. I probably should have broken this into two parts TBH and did "most wanted" and "second most wanted" kind of questions. Will be doing a second questionnaire soon anyhow~
unknown.png
The fact here is 2-2s need to be release before Trans can be released. The overwhelming results here is people are looking forward to classes and trans more than the content itself. Content can be fun, but waiting on your class you want to play so that you can DO that content is not.

unknown.png

The community is quite split on how fast they want content delivered. I wonder here if people realize how fast the server would end up at current content if we genuinely went for two updates a week. That would be less than 2 years to catch up to current iRO Chaos content? I don't have time to count it all out but it's pretty quick. Just basic math this out:
If we have 24 content updates at:
Twice a month: 1 year
Once a month: 2 years
Once ever other month: 4 years.

We need to consider how long we want this server to be stretched. Too many delays will make players leave, too short will catch us up to Chaos too fast. I personally think once ever 1 OR 2 months is a good median, depending on the content of the patches. Bigger patches with major leveling zones should have bigger delays between while small ones need to be quickly moved onto the next one.

I'd go into further details of my thoughts and such but I'm outta time to write more right now.

good read

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users