Gene VS GX which one should i main? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Gene VS GX which one should i main?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#26 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

Mine is Amistr > Dieter...  :sob:  My gene is 6 months old and my homun is still 105 (95% to 106). It's really excrutiating, and I frequently give up on leveling that piece of... organic matter...

They should make it possible (or mandatory, whatever) to share a part of your base exp with your homunculus, instead of requiring to level it automatically. This delayed my act of making a gene by six months or so, and everytime I leave my gene open for afk level, I end up frustrated by how little the homunculus has leveled and how much I lost by not doing something else with my time... This is one of the worst systems of this game.

This is not one of the worst in game system, this is by far the worst system in the game point blank period. Take a look at this ridiculous intimacy gap between Neutral and Cordial. (251 - 751) Are you serious?? Please tell me this is a game design flaw. Who in the actual f actually come up with that re ... scheme and what is the logic behind that number? The system is failing in so many ways, I can't even count. I'm pretty sure I can level 2-3 of my chars to 175 before raising a single homunculus, feeding it to loyal twice ,and getting it first aoe skill. I'm not even talking about max leveling just a single homunculus. I get it that Homuculus S skills are quiet op but really?!! Is this really necessary? If you think that's not failing then I don't know what is. Also, what is the point of feeding it to loyal twice just to get one skill (Not a game changing skill), why not just include that skill in  the first time we got it to loyal? Talking about Homunculus system in this game piss me the f off.

Edited by RogerKhan, 21 September 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#27 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

This is not one of the worst in game system, this is by far the worst system in the game point blank period. Take a look at this ridiculous intimacy gap between Neutral and Cordial. (251 - 751) Are you serious?? Please tell me this is a game design flaw. Who in the actual f actually come up with that re ... scheme and for what? The system is failing in so many ways, I can't even count. I'm pretty sure I can level 2-3 of my chars to 175 before raising a homunculus to loyal twice and getting it first aoe skill. If you think that's not failing then I don't know what is. Also, what is the point of of feeding it to loyal twice just to get one skill, why not include that skill in  the first time we got it to loyal? Talking about Homunculus system in this game piss me the f off.

Actually the worst is the Mora enchanting system.

#28 Momohanachu

Momohanachu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Twitter:lauwclaudia
  • Server:chaos

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

I prefer gene

#29 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

Try to always put that gene on a second client or when doing something else. Maybe AFK feed it, just don't forget to return after an hour or so lol. I managed to make mine loyal within a month with that method :)

On topic: never had a GX but i can say that gene is really efficient in MVPing

#30 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

Mine is Amistr > Dieter... :sob: My gene is 6 months old and my homun is still 105 (95% to 106). It's really excrutiating, and I frequently give up on leveling that piece of... organic matter...
They should make it possible (or mandatory, whatever) to share a part of your base exp with your homunculus, instead of requiring to level it automatically. This delayed my act of making a gene by six months or so, and everytime I leave my gene open for afk level, I end up frustrated by how little the homunculus has leveled and how much I lost by not doing something else with my time... This is one of the worst systems of this game.

This is not one of the worst in game system, this is by far the worst system in the game point blank period. Take a look at this ridiculous intimacy gap between Neutral and Cordial. (251 - 751) Are you serious?? Please tell me this is a game design flaw. Who in the actual f actually come up with that re ... scheme and what is the logic behind that number? The system is failing in so many ways, I can't even count. I'm pretty sure I can level 2-3 of my chars to 175 before raising a single homunculus, feeding it to loyal twice ,and getting it first aoe skill. I'm not even talking about max leveling just a single homunculus. I get it that Homuculus S skills are quiet op but really?!! Is this really necessary? If you think that's not failing then I don't know what is. Also, what is the point of feeding it to loyal twice just to get one skill (Not a game changing skill), why not just include that skill in the first time we got it to loyal? Talking about Homunculus system in this game piss me the f off.

Kusanagi is actually lucky because he just have to wait a couple or more levels until his Homun gets its AoE, while for us Amstir>Seras we have eternity to look forward to, so lets just both sit at a corner and QQ until then.

Try to always put that gene on a second client or when doing something else. Maybe AFK feed it, just don't forget to return after an hour or so lol. I managed to make mine loyal within a month with that method :)

On topic: never had a GX but i can say that gene is really efficient in MVPing

This is what I am doing right now, I'm going to move my Gene to a different account while I level my STR SC(thank god for the Shadow Rings), once the homun reaches max level, I'm going to transfer the Gene back to the same account with the SCs so that the VIP would affect all if I decide to PvP or MvP

Edited by Usurper, 22 September 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#31 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:18 PM

i have 2 GXs because its the best.

DD GX is 170 now very fast to get above 150 in NCT

katar GX is 120 for my mid bountys still, love playing it though, 

my gene is 103, gene honestly even with OPness is nowhere as fun, easy exhilaration and MVPable.

in my books if you dont have a GX then you dont understand how fun it is comparably, Gene on the other hand, its boring af. dont playing stupid boring overpowered class, i like the insane walking speed of gene only. the rest of it is a waste of time and zeny

DD gx for the win

#32 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

What is the point of creating a post like this? Every answers that you're getting will come from bias people who prefer one class than another. In my personal opinion, that doesn't help anything.  Look at your own playing style and pick the one that suit you the most. Don't listen to anyone and just go with your instinct. You can never go wrong with these two classes.

If you have access to MVP card such as GTB then you might want to go for Gene since GX don't use shield but Gloom card is useful for both class. Both class are strong vs MVP. If you were to ask me which class is more fun to play, I would say GX all the way but if you ask me again which class is more well round, I would say Gene all the way.

Which do you prefer fun class but not so well round vs slightly less fun class but more well round. You decide.

Edited by RogerKhan, 21 September 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#33 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

oh right^ he is right

if you have all day to play ragnarok and really wanna make it your game, go with your own insticts. i was truly bias towards gene class sorry, my gene friends can kill mvps way faster than my GX but my GX friends kill mvps faster then my ranger.

if you wanna maximise your abilites, go with your own ideas.

#34 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

I am not biased, between Gene and GX, Gene kills everything the most efficiently. It's the kind of class that can earn you a solid 1.5b each week if you have a nice army of them and gear swap.

That being said I don't play Gene because I too find it incredibly boring, however Gene will net you the most profit for the least investment.

If your goal is to however say... farm, HTF, then GX wins hands down. It is the fastest Kimi runner of them all, you can finish an instance in less than 6 minutes per GX.

Context yo.

#35 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

I am not bias too. :heh:

MVPing-wise : Gene > GX

No need to further explain. It's pretty obvious as to why. GX can MVP too but gene is cheaper in the long run.

#36 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Im not bias, i have both.

play GX when the poison bottle price is same with Cannon Ball

#37 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:14 AM

conclusion: You should have both. Maining one class is only a matter of funds, nothing more.

#38 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

No. Conclusion: Gene is more efficient in a wider range of applications. GX is still one of the top tier classes, but in an overall comparison loses to geneticists. That's all.

And "fun" is not included in this analysis as it's a very individual factor. I have the most fun playing warlocks, and for me GX is boring as F... even more than Ranger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users