str, vit,agi, dex and skills

#2 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:39 AM

I do NOT claim ownership of this guide, it is property of twitch.tv/spsdebo aka Nugeki readily avialable on his twitch channel:

https://docs.google....YYqApWLF3k/edit

#3 weeko

weeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

I personally don't like hybrid build with much more agi then vit

I like the guide posted above but I would invest less points in agi and a little more in vit, but is up to you

#4 Lan2007

Lan2007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

My advice would be to not go Hybrid.

Hybrid Knight was a thing in pre-renewal where highly refined props would help you to mitigate the damage you were dealt, while also keeping a preety good aspd. The same with agi knight. Now with renewal mechanics, you´ll only end up with a knight without enough hp/def to mob properly and without enough ASPD/flee to be fun or cheap while single targeting, as hard def its not as good as it used to be.

If you still insist in making an Hybrid Knight, I recommend to favor vit over agi, or just investing in agi to the point were you get to an aspd that feels confortable to you and then investing in vit-str- dex/luk. Try to get as many points of agi from your equipment as possible, as the knight´s bonus for agi is preety lame.

As for skills, bowling-bashing things is the way to go, as spear skills are more defense-oriented. Focus on maximizing your damage. 1handed and 2 handed masteries are a good idea to have, also Endure at a good level to avoid the Stun-lock even vit knights fear of. the rest are uo to your likes.

#5 Gouveao

Gouveao

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

My advice would be to not go Hybrid.

Hybrid Knight was a thing in pre-renewal where highly refined props would help you to mitigate the damage you were dealt, while also keeping a preety good aspd. The same with agi knight. Now with renewal mechanics, you´ll only end up with a knight without enough hp/def to mob properly and without enough ASPD/flee to be fun or cheap while single targeting, as hard def its not as good as it used to be.

If you still insist in making an Hybrid Knight, I recommend to favor vit over agi, or just investing in agi to the point were you get to an aspd that feels confortable to you and then investing in vit-str- dex/luk. Try to get as many points of agi from your equipment as possible, as the knight´s bonus for agi is preety lame.

As for skills, bowling-bashing things is the way to go, as spear skills are more defense-oriented. Focus on maximizing your damage. 1handed and 2 handed masteries are a good idea to have, also Endure at a good level to avoid the Stun-lock even vit knights fear of. the rest are uo to your likes.

Could I go BB with one handed spears instead of one handed swords? I didn't lvl 1 handed mastery. What are the downsides?

#6 weeko

weeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Could I go BB with one handed spears instead of one handed swords? I didn't lvl 1 handed mastery. What are the downsides?

the only spear good in this episode is poll axe that costs tons of zenny

u could try a pike with 1~2 zipper bear and fill the other slots with 20% dmg cards, but the damage is much lower than a sword

sincerely i would remake the char, and invest both on one and 2 handed sword mastery

#7 Lan2007

Lan2007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

The boost from the Mastery is negligible, around 200 total damage per bowling bash. Even if you dont have the mastery you will be still getting nice damage with 1-h sword. If those 200 damage mean a lot to you you can always get a Neualizer and reset your skills. Spear with bowling bash is nice as you can get both short range and long range skills, but the options available for weapon are very difficult to get or pretty weak.

#8 Lecreuset

Lecreuset

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

Oh please, poleaxe is overrated. I prefer to use 2h spears because I only use the spear really(or atleast majority of the time) for single target large size monsters and I don't really need a shield for that because they rarely hit me. I still have a decent HP pool. So far the only thing that really kills me in WoE, or most knights actually, are monks with Gfist. I hope we get the better 1h spears soon.

I'm a hybrid knight with more agi than vit and it's great in levelling imo. 75 agi 65 vit atm, this might or might not be a permanent thing.. I have another knight anyway with a different build lol

pretty great at killing single target and pretty good at mobbing with woe potions. Obviously a Knight with higher HP is better for big groups.

My weapon for BB(Yes I have both BB and Pierce but no spear boomerang or brandish spear) is 2H Swords for large targets and 1H swords for Medium targets(this is mostly for WoE). 2H swords =75% damage to Medium and 1H Swords=75% to large. 100% for their opposites.

I have a shield on while gathering up large groups and I switch to 2H when I am ready to BB them to death. Unless they are medium then stay with 1H. I alotted the skills in the knight tree to get peco peco and cavalry then bowling bash first which puts you at job 32. I then got pierce level 10 and then everything I have left to spear mastery which gets it to 8. Even with only level 1 mastery it still does decent damage. You can switch this around depending on how you want to level/your playstyle. 

to summarize that(not in a particular order): 10 Twohand Quicken; 5 Auto counter; 10 Bowling Bash; 1 Riding; 5 Cavalary Mastery; 10 Pierce; 8 Spear Mastery.  

You could argue I spent a good amount of money for those weapons(Not really in my opinion.. This was before everything inflated) so I would go with the 2h spear first if you prefer to be cheap. An agi knight/Hybrid can pierce single targets really fast. This is what I did at the beginning when I was really poor and did not want to use a lot of pots. BB obviously will level you faster and will deal more but pierce is very cost efficient.

There's also the 2h quicken auto attack route and is also very cheap to start.

Learn to switch your gears around depending the situation. Use your whole keyboard :D. You'll find it very satisfying, I'm sure.

Happy Hunting!

Edited by Lecreuset, 19 October 2017 - 02:41 AM.

#9 Alstruction

Alstruction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

Agi/Hybrid builds are a NOOB TRAP, and at the end of the day you will be inferior to Knights with more VIT. IMO the most agi you need is 30-32 for 182 attack speed with berserk pots, and even then you could go 1 agi and invest those points into damage or vit for survivability as most regular mobs die in like 2-3 BBs.

#10 Lan2007

Lan2007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:41 AM

Oh please, poleaxe is overrated. I prefer to use 2h spears because I only use the spear really(or atleast majority of the time) for single target large size monsters and I don't really need a shield for that because they rarely hit me. I still have a decent HP pool. So far the only thing that really kills me in WoE, or most knights actually, are monks with Gfist. I hope we get the better 1h spears soon.

I'm a hybrid knight with more agi than vit and it's great in levelling imo. 75 agi 65 vit atm, this might or might not be a permanent thing.. I have another knight anyway with a different build lol

pretty great at killing single target and pretty good at mobbing with woe potions. Obviously a Knight with higher HP is better for big groups.

My weapon for BB(Yes I have both BB and Pierce but no spear boomerang or brandish spear) is 2H Swords for large targets and 1H swords for Medium targets(this is mostly for WoE). 2H swords =75% damage to Medium and 1H Swords=75% to large. 100% for their opposites.

I have a shield on while gathering up large groups and I switch to 2H when I am ready to BB them to death. Unless they are medium then stay with 1H. I alotted the skills in the knight tree to get peco peco and cavalry then bowling bash first which puts you at job 32. I then got pierce level 10 and then everything I have left to spear mastery which gets it to 8. Even with only level 1 mastery it still does decent damage. You can switch this around depending on how you want to level/your playstyle.

to summarize that(not in a particular order): 10 Twohand Quicken; 5 Auto counter; 10 Bowling Bash; 1 Riding; 5 Cavalary Mastery; 10 Pierce; 8 Spear Mastery.

You could argue I spent a good amount of money for those weapons(Not really in my opinion.. This was before everything inflated) so I would go with the 2h spear first if you prefer to be cheap. An agi knight/Hybrid can pierce single targets really fast. This is what I did at the beginning when I was really poor and did not want to use a lot of pots. BB obviously will level you faster and will deal more but pierce is very cost efficient.

There's also the 2h quicken auto attack route and is also very cheap to start.

Learn to switch your gears around depending the situation. Use your whole keyboard :D. You'll find it very satisfying, I'm sure.

Happy Hunting!

As AGI Knight you are kind of an oddball, VIT knights need the shield to reduce incoming damage

#11 Lan2007

Lan2007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

Agi/Hybrid builds are a NOOB TRAP, and at the end of the day you will be inferior to Knights with more VIT. IMO the most agi you need is 30-32 for 182 attack speed with berserk pots, and even then you could go 1 agi and invest those points into damage or vit for survivability as most regular mobs die in like 2-3 BBs.

With 54+6 Dex, berserk potion and THQ you need 37+2 Agi to reach 181 ASPD and 45+2 to reach 182 WITHOUT buffs

#12 MyVictories

MyVictories

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Server:Re:start

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:01 AM

Don't listen to all the knee-jerk naysayers here, well equipped and well built hybrid bowling bash knights are the best PVM + farming build on restart. For 2 reasons : 2hQuicken Bowling Bash is ridiculously overpowered, and guess what else is OP? Woe pots that pay for themselves, given that you're grinding in a place with half decent loot. In the same fell swoop where pure AGI builds and flee became useless in renewal pre-trans, WoE pots made high VIT builds useless outside of WoE. 

If you want to WOE, make a second knight with 80 base VIT and 25-30ish AGI. But for farming, a lot of the older players on this server have an alternate knight with 185 or more aspd for blitz farming. Believe me, that bowling bash hits real fast. Since they also level the fastest with good equipment, it shouldn't be a problem. 

PS. And if you're thinking of MVPing, you're obviously going to have to be fully geared and potted up for it, so those very high VIT builds become useless again. A knight with 184-186+ aspd will out-damage any other current class except a fully geared MVP monk, on the usual MVPs, so as long as you have a good amount of base HP, you're good to go. Since there are like 5 people on every MVP these days you shouldn't have to worry too much about tanking, either. Take a priest friend along for resurrections and buffs whenever needed.

Use a stat calc so that you have the exact amount of AGI needed for the rounded off attack speed you desire.

For VIT, target around 13k to 14k HP at level 99.

60-64 base DEX for MVP and castle2 farming. Less if you want to avoid those (or use mummy cards for wanderers).

The rest goes into STR and clean up with a bit of LUK if you want resistances and some damage boost when STR becomes too expensive towards being maxed out.

2h mastery maxed out, 2 hand quicken + bowling bash everything on the planet and pot through the pain. Put balance skill points into 1hMastery for the rare times you might use a flamberge + shield. Use carded claymores for the main weapons, carded +7 2hSwords for lesser frequented areas, and if you don't have an endow sage, keep a few elemental buffs or weapons especially for initial leveling (most people work with an ice weapon from 60 to 99, high orcs and magma dungeon).

Edited by MyVictories, 24 October 2017 - 01:24 AM.

#13 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:35 AM

bad idea bro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users