Failed to connect to server - Page 2 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Failed to connect to server

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#26 2341131008201253890

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

Ohh, lots of Bell Canada, I am another one. One thing to add that looks like it hasn't been mentioned yet; like others, after the Re:Start update, I am unable to login into Re:Start. The Weird thing is, it also affected my ability to login into Renewal/Chaos server. Todays maintenance/update on Renewal/Chaos didn't change that, still unable to login to both servers.

EDIT: It also seems like its made my connection with the forums unstable? I'll randomly get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT and refreshing the page once will usually load it.

Edited by 2341131008201253890, 21 September 2017 - 05:53 PM.

#27 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Ohh, lots of Bell Canada, I am another one. One thing to add that looks like it hasn't been mentioned yet; like others, after the Re:Start update, I am unable to login into Re:Start. The Weird thing is, it also affected my ability to login into Renewal/Chaos server. Todays maintenance/update on Renewal/Chaos didn't change that, still unable to login to both servers.

EDIT: It also seems like its made my connection with the forums unstable? I'll randomly get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT and refreshing the page once will usually load it.

Got the same problem with the forum and saw it mentionned by other user in other topic.

#28 8837140403041317197

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

i cant log in. disconnected from server.

everytime i open ragnarok. need to download again patch "data_gm_r.gpf" hmm

#29 jysup

jysup

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

I love campitor . Really . But I have the same problem , and I read this . Im not computer scientist , Im a plumber who play Ragnarok game and watch anime on his free time . How the **** I can understand this Blabla computer stuff . Really . Just fix your game !!! You have maybe 10 000 active player !!! Seriously this server is a mess man. Im so far not the crying forum guys . But for real now Im so piss ! My favorite game -_- in my hand always !!! 

Fix your game because is your job as like I fix broken toilet for my customer !

I really feel that you guys dont give a sh*t about us... How a game can have the same bug ( reject from server) since now 2 month !!?? Never Blizzard will let such a thing appen ! Did you ever here a game that bug for more than 2 month ?! No ! 

I love Ragnarok since so long , please dont make me run away from it .

Fix your game .

Please send me tracerts

1. Close all programs (very important for the accuracy of your results) 
2. Open up a command prompt window (start/programs/accessories/command prompt) 
3. Type: "tracert playragnarok.com" (without the quotes) 
4. Hit the enter key and let the trace run until it displays triple * symbols multiple times in a row. Then, press control-C. 
5. Right-click in the window, and choose "Mark". Then, highlight the entire window contents with the mouse. Copy the entry (Press Ctrl+C), open an instance of notepad, and paste (Press Ctrl+V) it there.
6. Copy the contents into a PM

#30 sandyr

sandyr

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

Can't login to my slave priest account since after the maintenance. my main account is fine.

This is fustrating

#31 Ausher

Ausher

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

Also having this problem and also using bell... although I can actually log into my character and play but I have to keep trying to log in successfully without getting "Failed to Connect to Server." It takes me an hour or less, at least 40 minutes to log into my character. Thus, Once I change map my screen would freeze and I would have to disconnect and repeat the whole process of getting back into the game.

Please fix this ***** ASAP

#32 Yalah

Yalah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

Throwing in a "me too" post for the same problem being described by everyone else (not using Bell Canada). Campitor has my tracert and hopefully it gets fixed, but the game is basically unplayable currently as it takes 20-40 minutes to log in and when I change zones I get dropped.

Edit: I tried a free VPN and now I can play fine.. I'm not paying for a VPN to play the game tho.

Edited by Yalah, 21 September 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#33 Togobudz

Togobudz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Also having this problem and also using bell... although I can actually log into my character and play but I have to keep trying to log in successfully without getting "Failed to Connect to Server." It takes me an hour or less, at least 40 minutes to log into my character. Thus, Once I change map my screen would freeze and I would have to disconnect and repeat the whole process of getting back into the game.

Please fix this ***** ASAP

same here

#34 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:15 AM

Users under Bell Canada, without seeing the tracerts I would assume it's ISP/Route issue.

Would recommend speaking with your ISP technical department on the issue.

Users who are having connection issue on a single ID while other IDs are fine then the issue being discussed here does not apply to your case.

#35 Alstruction

Alstruction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

Users under Bell Canada, without seeing the tracerts I would assume it's ISP/Route issue.

Users who are having connection issue on a single ID while other IDs are fine then the issue being discussed here does not apply to your case.

And what if they aren't helpful, one guy mentioned he called and it wasn't much use, so what then? You guys are going to ignore us and not address the issue? What is YOUR TEAM trying to do about it? Campitor said the IT team is aware, but what are they doing about it? Now you're trying to pass the responsibility on to us? As I said earlier, it's not fair that we don't get to play because of our internet provider. But they didn't change anything, my internet works fine. What did change? YOUR PATCH. There is obviously something that you guys changed on patch day that messed up our connections, so address it instead of trying to sweep us under the rug! I've invested too much money and time into this game to be left out in the dust like this.

#36 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:34 AM

Alstruction, I understand that you are upset about the situation however it is still too early for an official follow up from the staff. Right now it is 4:30 AM in the morning. Please let's be patient till our community managers are in office. Perhaps then we will get an update, if not at least later today.

#37 Yalah

Yalah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:39 AM

Two things.. First, this isn't a problem limited to Bell Canada users. There's been at least two others in this thread with different ISPs (and probably more who just quit playing or otherwise haven't come to the forums).

Second, I know you're listed as a volunteer and I assume you're trying to be helpful, but this problem very clearly started after a patch so you telling us to contact our ISP(s) to fix the problem is laughable at best and honestly a little insulting that you would try to shift the blame when it's very clearly your problem to fix.

#38 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:50 AM

Second, I know you're listed as a volunteer and I assume you're trying to be helpful, but this problem very clearly started after a patch so you telling us to contact our ISP(s) to fix the problem is laughable at best and honestly a little insulting that you would try to shift the blame when it's very clearly your problem to fix.

I am very well aware that other ISPs are listed, however that specific suggestion was made towards Bell Canada users. With no tracerts posted it would be hard to tell what is going on.

I apologize if my technical advice was somewhat insulting, kindly re-read my post again. Thank you.

#39 Yalah

Yalah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:47 AM

I am very well aware that other ISPs are listed, however that specific suggestion was made towards Bell Canada users. With no tracerts posted it would be hard to tell what is going on.

I apologize if my technical advice was somewhat insulting, kindly re-read my post again. Thank you.

Your technical advice amounts to: "I don't know anything about the problem. Contact your ISP and have them address it." You telling us to contact our ISP to fix a problem that was very clearly caused by a patch either insinuates that you think we're stupid enough to believe that it's related to our ISP and not Gravity's patch of the game or simply shows that you don't know what you're talking about and are just posting to make it look like you're being helpful.

If you were Jo-Blo forum user it wouldn't really matter, but on some level you're representing Gravity and if you don't understand why it's insulting to have someone from Gravity (poorly) shifting the blame and or giving you "technical advice" that clearly does not apply to your problem then I don't know what to tell you.

You might not have liked what i said about your post, but I was at least respectful in how I said it and considerate of your volunteer position, which is more than what I can say for you and your non-apology. It seems like a high level of professionalism is obviously not a job requirement for moderators.

Perhaps in the future, when someone points out what they believe is a mistake you made, you should reflect on if they're being fair and or accurate before you apologize for how THEY reacted and throw it back in their face.

Edited by Yalah, 22 September 2017 - 04:47 AM.

#40 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

Understand Cinnamon is a VOLUNTEER and they are just trying to HELP you, with their limited knowledge and tools at their hands. Trying to at least give an OPTION of something that MIGHT work, even if they know it is unlikely, there is at least a chance it might work.

Cinnamon is doing this on their free time, and has been for years.

Edited by Niriw, 22 September 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#41 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

Still waiting on an ETA.

#42 Yalah

Yalah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

Understand Cinnamon is a VOLUNTEER and they are just trying to HELP you, with their limited knowledge and tools at their hands. Trying to at least give an OPTION of something that MIGHT work, even if they know it is unlikely, there is at least a chance it might work.

Cinnamon is doing this on their free time, and has been for years.

I acknowledged everything you said in my very first reply to them; however, those facts don't magically make it mean that they never make mistakes or that they cannot improve in their job. In this case, it is very clear that the problem is related to the patch - unless you (and they) are implying that several ISP across North America just happened to coincidentally intermittently block traffic to RO at the exact time Gravity deployed a patch.

My point stands, as someone affiliated with the game developer, encouraging people to jump through hoops that are clearly not going to solve the problem means he's reached the point where he's no longer being helpful (and borderline insulting the people he's trying to help and or just posting to seem helpful).

His unprofessionalism stems from the fact that instead of considering the possibility that my criticism (which is written without malice, foul language, or personal attacks - all very common on the Internet) could be true, he becomes defensive, ignores the points I made and then takes the time to  "apologize" not for his own actions, but for mine. Going further to highlight specific words in his reply just to make sure I understood his emphasis and then telling me to go read his original post again (because I was obviously too stupid to understand it the first time).

#43 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

I acknowledged everything you said in my very first reply to them; however, those facts don't magically make it mean that they never make mistakes or that they cannot improve in their job. In this case, it is very clear that the problem is related to the patch - unless you (and they) are implying that several ISP across North America just happened to coincidentally intermittently block traffic to RO at the exact time Gravity deployed a patch.

My point stands, as someone affiliated with the game developer, encouraging people to jump through hoops that are clearly not going to solve the problem means he's reached the point where he's no longer being helpful (and borderline insulting the people he's trying to help and or just posting to seem helpful).

His unprofessionalism stems from the fact that instead of considering the possibility that my criticism (which is written without malice, foul language, or personal attacks - all very common on the Internet) could be true, he becomes defensive, ignores the points I made and then takes the time to  "apologize" not for his own actions, but for mine. Going further to highlight specific words in his reply just to make sure I understood his emphasis and then telling me to go read his original post again (because I was obviously too stupid to understand it the first time).

The problem has nothing to do with the patch. The game is running fine and most users can login. What is going on with Bell Canada is that most likely some kind of inter connectivity issue appears to exist between them and NTT. The only way for this to get resolve if your isp is Bell Canada is to complain.

Complain to Bell Canada saying that multiple customers are having issues connecting to a service located on NTT's network. Show them the tracerts you have taken. Explain that users from other ISPs do not appear to be having the same issue.

Complain to us that you are having issues connecting to US. Show us your tracerts. We then complain to our IT team. Which reviews the tracerts and puts in a ticket to NTT's business support system complaining that there is an inter-connectivity issue between Bell Canada and NTT. We are doing everything we can to talk to our ISP to resolve the issue. But ultimately its not something we can fix ourselves and must be resolved by both ISPs working together. That is why it is important that you talk to your ISP as well. The goal is that both sides push to get the ball rolling on fixing the issue.

#44 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

You know you've been more insulting by not using actual insults so far, don't try to act clever. A pen hurts more than a sword.

Whatever, just sit tight and wait, we should both stop posting, there's nothing else ANY of us can do to resolve the issue, just wait for Campi and his team to solve it.

EDIT: Campi just answered as I posted this.

Edited by Niriw, 22 September 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#45 Philione

Philione

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

*snip*

Campitor Edit: Do not talk about your tickets on the forums. If you need to talk to the customer service manager about a ticket outcome he can be reached here: https://forums.warpp.../108515-krexus/

#46 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

It is quite frustrating to not be able to connect directly after an anticipated patch. So lets all just take a deep breath. While i am not with Bell Canada I am with an Alaskan ISP and quite possibly there is a correlation between the two.

Campitor, and what about me, i am not with Bell Canada and to be totally honest i am sure there are less than a dozen people who would be using MTA Solutions to play Ragnarok. The reason it was stated that the patch is what caused this has everything to do with the fact that pre patch we were all playing just fine, a patch comes and now there are communication issues between us and your service, i might not be an expert but i know enough to understand that when something is changed and then an error occurs it is generally that thing that changed, just because other people are playing and connecting just fine does not change the fact that something in the update has made our ISP (so far stated; Bell Canada and MTA Solutions) decide not to communicate with your server. Yet it is not absolute because we are all having issues connecting to forums  as well but CAN get through with several tries and patience, now this would tell me that there is some delay in the communications, this delay being long enough to prevent log in to a character but not long enough to 100% fail to load a web page.

What do we even do to tell our ISP that we need them to change something? In 2017 it does not sound like something that should even be necessary to call your ISP about. I am very sad.

Edited by 10155460175595053, 22 September 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#47 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

It is quite frustrating to not be able to connect directly after an anticipated patch. So lets all just take a deep breath. While i am not with Bell Canada I am with an Alaskan ISP and quite possibly there is a correlation between the two.

Campitor, and what about me, i am not with Bell Canada and to be totally honest i am sure there are less than a dozen people who would be using MTA Solutions to play Ragnarok. The reason it was stated that the patch is what caused this has everything to do with the fact that pre patch we were all playing just fine, a patch comes and now there are communication issues between us and your service, i might not be an expert but i know enough to understand that when something is changed and then an error occurs it is generally that thing that changed, just because other people are playing and connecting just fine does not change the fact that something in the update has made our ISP (so far stated; Bell Canada and MTA Solutions) decide not to communicate with your server. Yet it is not absolute because we are all having issues connecting to forums  as well but CAN get through with several tries and patience, now this would tell me that there is some delay in the communications, this delay being long enough to prevent log in to a character but not long enough to 100% fail to load a web page.

What do we even do to tell our ISP that we need them to change something? In 2017 it does not sound like something that should even be necessary to call your ISP about. I am very sad.

Can you give me a tracert? If you are playing from alaska I.. have a feeling that it may pass through the bell network.

#48 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

Can you give me a tracert? If you are playing from alaska I.. have a feeling that it may pass through the bell network.

Sent, any additional information i can gather to help this move along I will gladly do so.

#49 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

The problem has nothing to do with the patch. The game is running fine and most users can login. What is going on with Bell Canada is that most likely some kind of inter connectivity issue appears to exist between them and NTT. The only way for this to get resolve if your isp is Bell Canada is to complain.

Complain to Bell Canada saying that multiple customers are having issues connecting to a service located on NTT's network. Show them the tracerts you have taken. Explain that users from other ISPs do not appear to be having the same issue.

Complain to us that you are having issues connecting to US. Show us your tracerts. We then complain to our IT team. Which reviews the tracerts and puts in a ticket to NTT's business support system complaining that there is an inter-connectivity issue between Bell Canada and NTT. We are doing everything we can to talk to our ISP to resolve the issue. But ultimately its not something we can fix ourselves and must be resolved by both ISPs working together. That is why it is important that you talk to your ISP as well. The goal is that both sides push to get the ball rolling on fixing the issue.

Let me doubt that the patch has absolutly nothing to do with the problems we're having, IT doesn't work that way.

I'm confident that without the maintenance and patch, we'd be playing that game right now, but there's no way to know.

You might not understand what went wrong or why and it might not be your patch fault, but it's still part of what did make thing go wrong.

If you're going to ask for player to call their ISP to solve the problem, at least have the decency to provide an explanation of exactly what they must report so that they understand and are able to talk their way when they'll actually call the ISP. And no, what you said so far isn't relevant for the average player.

From your comment I'll take it that the ETA is never and that you do not consider thjis one of your problem.

Thank you

#50 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

Let me doubt that the patch has absolutly nothing to do with the problems we're having, IT doesn't work that way.

I'm confident that without the maintenance and patch, we'd be playing that game right now, but there's no way to know.

You might not understand what went wrong or why and it might not be your patch fault, but it's still part of what did make thing go wrong.

If you're going to ask for player to call their ISP to solve the problem, at least have the decency to provide an explanation of exactly what they must report so that they understand and are able to talk their way when they'll actually call the ISP. And no, what you said so far isn't relevant for the average player.

From your comment I'll take it that the ETA is never and that you do not consider thjis one of your problem.

Thank you

To be clear when we see a consistent series of  the following in a tracert

*        *        *     Request timed out.

That means that there is a communication problem between the two servers on the route. Every user that has sent me a tracert has that exact same pattern. So yes, this is a problem for IT and the ISPs to resolve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users