Failed to connect to server - Page 3 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Failed to connect to server

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

To be clear when we see a consistent series of  the following in a tracert

*        *        *     Request timed out.

That means that there is a communication problem between the two servers on the route. Every user that has sent me a tracert has that exact same pattern. So yes, this is a problem for IT and the ISPs to resolve

I never said it wasn't an IT problem, not sure where you got that.

Did you ever called an ISP? I still really doubt the average user would get anything out of their ISP, beside a lost of time, with the information you provided and asked them to call their ISP with.

But anyway, thanks.

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

I never said it wasn't an IT problem, not sure where you got that.

Did you ever called an ISP? I still really doubt the average user would get anything out of their ISP, beside a lost of time, with the information you provided and asked them to call their ISP with.

But anyway, thanks.

I unfortunately have talked to my own ISP and I realize that is a source of frustration, pain, and never ending waiting (depending on the ISP. Rumor is a few are better than others). We ask users to email their own ISPs because ultimately we have to exhaust all avenues for resolution.

Our IT team submitted the ticket to the NTT business support section but I can't offer quick solutions. Because it is a inter connectivity issue between two parts of the internet. The reason why I can say with confidence that its not the patch that cause the issue is because most of the time the connections were seeing in tracerts have trouble maintaining a stable connection. They eventually get through but there is a ton of dropped packets.

It is my understanding that means that browsing the internet will be slow and funky but can still happen when trying to access affected websites but the constant connections games need is impossible.

#53 Longinus

Longinus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:itsLONGINUS
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Camp,

I created a new account to play a Monk on and got started yesterday.  Unfortunately, I am unable to log back into the char due to FAILED TO CONNECT message and this is AFTER I've already loaded WPE/KP on the account, unfortunately.  I sent a couple emails to support yesterday after submitting my ticket.  Is there anyway that I can get this looked at and remedied ASAP?   My main account is fine but this alt account is not allowing me to connect.    I am a Twitch streamer and I've put over 100+ hours in RO: ReStart content online.  I'd like to stream as much of the new classes as possible.

#54 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

Camp,

I created a new account to play a Monk on and got started yesterday.  Unfortunately, I am unable to log back into the char due to FAILED TO CONNECT message and this is AFTER I've already loaded WPE/KP on the account, unfortunately.  I sent a couple emails to support yesterday after submitting my ticket.  Is there anyway that I can get this looked at and remedied ASAP?   My main account is fine but this alt account is not allowing me to connect.    I am a Twitch streamer and I've put over 100+ hours in RO: ReStart content online.  I'd like to stream as much of the new classes as possible.

Please give me a tracert there is no block on this email or any account associated with this email.

#55 Longinus

Longinus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:itsLONGINUS
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Gonna send you a quick PM.

Please give me a tracert there is no block on this email or any account associated with this email.

#56 thundertrade

thundertrade

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

Can't log in. Some of the players here in internet shop can access the game. I've submitted my tracroute if that helps.

#57 Alstruction

Alstruction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

I unfortunately have talked to my own ISP and I realize that is a source of frustration, pain, and never ending waiting (depending on the ISP. Rumor is a few are better than others). We ask users to email their own ISPs because ultimately we have to exhaust all avenues for resolution.

Our IT team submitted the ticket to the NTT business support section but I can't offer quick solutions. Because it is a inter connectivity issue between two parts of the internet. The reason why I can say with confidence that its not the patch that cause the issue is because most of the time the connections were seeing in tracerts have trouble maintaining a stable connection. They eventually get through but there is a ton of dropped packets.

It is my understanding that means that browsing the internet will be slow and funky but can still happen when trying to access affected websites but the constant connections games need is impossible.

Alright Campitor, I will try calling Bell tomorrow and perhaps send them an email.. keep us posted... Since you say it's not the patch then to the best of your knowledge can you tell us what you think this is? I think all of us suffering from this problem deserve to know...

#58 wong007

wong007

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hey Camp,

I personally don't understand much when it comes to internet connectivity issues and ISP, etc. But I know that something happened as of the patch September 20, 2017, because I have leveled a 77 knight with no past connectivity issues. 

These connection issues only started once the patch hit. So the patch may have altered the connection somehow.

Anyway, I will wait patiently to see what solutions can be offered.

Thanks

#59 Togobudz

Togobudz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Oh well.. I guess it's finally time for me to give up playing this game

#60 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

Alright Campitor, I will try calling Bell tomorrow and perhaps send them an email.. keep us posted... Since you say it's not the patch then to the best of your knowledge can you tell us what you think this is? I think all of us suffering from this problem deserve to know...

From what I was told, at that time NTT was doing maintenance on some of their hardware. Make sure to email that tracert 

#61 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Not even sure they got a support email, or at least I didn't see one on their website, I asked to send the tracert when I called them and didn't have much luck after asking at least 5 times. I'm at 2 phone call, 80 minutes so far with a call back expected.

They tried to sell me a prenium service where an "expert" would help me with my problem and also tried to sell me a more expensive Internet package to solve the issue.

And their automated feature that tell you of past call/problem reported before you talk to an agent, telling me that the previous day a problem was solved and that it was my equipement the problems. I think that's what we call setting the mood, right?

I'll call them back tomorrow, but I expect this story to end up with everyone pretending nothing ever happened after everyone pointing fingers at each others.

Edited by AzyxDoe, 22 September 2017 - 08:28 PM.

#62 Drugy

Drugy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:29 PM

what about before the patch failed to connect? sent my ticket in nearly 10 days ago,still on the queue of tickets i assume??

#63 Alstruction

Alstruction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

Campitor, I have tried to complain to Bell Canada but they are not of any help at all. Called multiple times and all they tell me is that as long as my internet is working they can do nothing to help. I asked them multiple times where I could send the tracert info and they would give me nothing. Bottom line is that THERE IS NOTHING LEFT I CAN DO. If you guys can't fix this, NO ONE ELSE CAN, I'm pretty sure anyone else calling bell will have the same problems. IT IS ON YOU NOW, I have NO OPTIONS LEFT!!! Of course you guys don't really care because as you said, game is working for most people so why care about a bunch of chumps stuck with Bell Canada? At this point I'm BEGGING for you guys to actually care and do something about it or else you're going to lose everyone posting in this thread as a customer... if you care that is...

#64 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Campitor, I have tried to complain to Bell Canada but they are not of any help at all. Called multiple times and all they tell me is that as long as my internet is working they can do nothing to help. I asked them multiple times where I could send the tracert info and they would give me nothing. Bottom line is that THERE IS NOTHING LEFT I CAN DO. If you guys can't fix this, NO ONE ELSE CAN, I'm pretty sure anyone else calling bell will have the same problems. IT IS ON YOU NOW, I have NO OPTIONS LEFT!!! Of course you guys don't really care because as you said, game is working for most people so why care about a bunch of chumps stuck with Bell Canada? At this point I'm BEGGING for you guys to actually care and do something about it or else you're going to lose everyone posting in this thread as a customer... if you care that is...

I ended up being able to send the tracert, they sent it to one of their technical team that is in charge of that kind of thing. And the employee actually understood what I was talking about, he was actually more helpful than the supervisor I talked to 30 minutes before. Unfortunatly the ETA is 48 to 72 hours on their side.

On a side note, the maintenance you did guys most likely triggered one of their automatic flag for whatever reason, which is why we got problems. So we're back to square one, there's not a single entity to blame for the problem and it would be appreciated if there was less finger pointing and more trying to solve the problem.

EDIT: By the way, all this also mean that if it doesn't get fixed by next maintenance, there's still chance that the next maintenance will fix it, intended or not.

Edited by AzyxDoe, 23 September 2017 - 12:24 PM.

#65 Vaerik

Vaerik

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

Hello, so I have  the same problem since I logged off around 24hrs ago.

I was playing, logged off and then decided to log in again to play more. Suddenly the patcher started and I wasn't able to play anymore.

(that was a time difference from max. 4 minutes between the log-out and the patching)

I have created a new RE:Start account under my same Warpportal Master account and can log in with no troubles.

So far I have deleted the game and reinstalled it, downloaded the patch file suggested in the comments, cleared my IE, successfully connect to the rtp.ragnarok server, everything seems fine. It wont simply let me log in to my main account.

I cant see what the problem can be, since I'm able to play perfectly fine with a fresh created account.

Thank you for support.

PS: connecting from Germany

PSS: What if transfering my main char on my new created account?

Edited by Vaerik, 23 September 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#66 Alstruction

Alstruction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

I ended up being able to send the tracert, they sent it to one of their technical team that is in charge of that kind of thing. And the employee actually understood what I was talking about, he was actually more helpful than the supervisor I talked to 30 minutes before. Unfortunatly the ETA is 48 to 72 hours on their side.

On a side note, the maintenance you did guys most likely triggered one of their automatic flag for whatever reason, which is why we got problems. So we're back to square one, there's not a single entity to blame for the problem and it would be appreciated if there was less finger pointing and more trying to solve the problem.

EDIT: By the way, all this also mean that if it doesn't get fixed by next maintenance, there's still chance that the next maintenance will fix it, intended or not.

Wow props to you for being able to talk to someone that wasn't an indian outsourced agent, what's your secret? lol keep us posted. I mean I really didn't expect this to be resolved before the upcoming maintenance, but I don't have confidence that things are getting done towards fixing it. I can definitely wait until the upcoming maintenance but there's only so much time you can wait before you get fed up and move on...

#67 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

well the game is not working for "most" people, i figure about half the real people are still unable to play, based on my ISP response. (I am also pretty sure we are not just going to be swept under the rug, but there is a lot going on and the team helping us are not robots)

Response from MTA Solutions:

As you’ve noted, that packet loss appears to be happening within the network belonging to ntt.net

Traceroutes run from Europe, Asia, and the US to playragnarok.com also appear to fail (tested using www.monitis.com/traceroute).  If you haven’t yet, please contact Ragnarok online support.  It is possible that their host is experiencing issues at this time.

If their servers are presently up and functioning, then it is possible that their server simply blocks igmp requests.  In this case, you may want to check the NAT and port forwarding settings on your router.   Many online games require specific port forwarding settings to properly function online.  For further assistance with the settings that may be needed for Ragnarok online, please contact their support.

Thank you

#68 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Wow props to you for being able to talk to someone that wasn't an indian outsourced agent, what's your secret? lol keep us posted. I mean I really didn't expect this to be resolved before the upcoming maintenance, but I don't have confidence that things are getting done towards fixing it. I can definitely wait until the upcoming maintenance but there's only so much time you can wait before you get fed up and move on...

Welp that was fast.

Just missed a phone call from Bell and they basicly told me that after checking their network team determined the problems was not on their end and asked me to contact playragnarok.com customer service.

Called them back and I'm honestly not sure what the call produced. Some additionnal note left on the file and escalated to an higher level? Maybe? Wasn't clear at all~~

I won't call them back, though maybe they'll call back who knows. I think I'm at 5 phone call and 150~ minutes.

Let's hope it's fixed by mistake next maintenance.

#69 TiiBlacK

TiiBlacK

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:21 AM

and  Still the same -_- thing. 

#70 ArmoNz

ArmoNz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Server:Odin (Re:Start)

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

I'm having the same problem as Longinus :x [Removed]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 September 2017 - 05:32 AM.
Mod Edit: Please do not post your ticket number in public. And do not remove a mod edit in future.

#71 scraps345

scraps345

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:iRO : Chaos

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:16 AM

It's not just Bell Canada, I can't play from southern CA. I don't play that much anymore atm to try and fix it, but good luck to anyone else.

*Update : I was able to login this morning finally*

Edited by scraps345, 25 September 2017 - 05:55 AM.

#72 AzyxDoe

AzyxDoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

So any ETA? I'm still waiting on one.

The ticket I sent on the day of maintenance didn't even get an answer yet, I hope you realize how unprofessionnal the experience you provide with this server is.

#73 Alstruction

Alstruction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Any updates? WE STILL CAN'T PLAY! CAMPITOR! I love how you spend Friday telling us to call and then not even follow up with anyone! What is being done right now? No one answered my ticket! What is NTT saying? IT'S MONDAY!!!! Is your customer service really that bad? Because this is the worst customer service I've ever received from a game company. Seems like we're all getting swept under the rug, because you guys simply don't care.

#74 Roxuos

Roxuos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

anyone had any luck with using any proxy services to get on? both of the services I use for other games dont work with restart :/

#75 GSAkutenshi

GSAkutenshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

I came to play Ragnarok RE: Start because of the good comments I heard about the game. I brought with me another 18 players, who have been faithful to my guild for more than 10 years, and we always play together. I set up the guild here, and from nothing I get this damn "failed login" message. Result:

Account blocked for 72 hours, and counting.
18 players in a locked guild, since the guildmaster is on my account.
Being that of these 18, 3 more have the same problem.

Congratulations, team Warpportal, if you want to sink the server and have losses, will succeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users