Questions for Development Tools - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions for Development Tools

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Keiga79

Keiga79

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Warpportal

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:04 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Community and hello Popcorn!

I have a few questions to popcorn about the development tools.

- When are these tools ready to use?

- Why and what are they that important for?

- Are all these tools broken?

- What will be happen, if the tools got fixed?

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

Hello. Please let me answer in the quote (the green text is added by me)

Hello Dragon Saga Community and hello Popcorn!

I have a few questions to popcorn about the development tools.

- When are these tools ready to use?
Honestly? When they're done. If you're asking about a timespan I can't give you any estimation because tools are not the only thing I am working on. But don't expect them to be ready soon.

- Why and what are they that important for?
Content creation, scene design, server setup (Emporia Wars times), animation, 3d model export and more. They are important because not all things can be done manually like I already do for some (for Quest and Item creation for example I am able to use an ordinary editor and database tools and DB programming skills and also I wrote some support tools for those to make my life a bit easier).

- Are all these tools broken?
Yes, in some way. Some are less broken and at least functioning to some extent (like the scene designer with which I added the missing collision walls to the new Arcadia Maps like Snowy Mountain and the corresponding mission maps). Others are not working at all because they're incompatible to the game version or just not running because something is missing we are not able to get.. 

- What will be happen, if the tools got fixed?
We have more possibilities to add content. Things which are currently not possible (for example adding a whole new mount model and animation) become possible.

May I ask why you're interested in that?

#3 Keiga79

Keiga79

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:Warpportal

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

May I ask why you're interested in that?

Thanks for your fast response!

Often you told us in Livestreams (Dragon Talk) or in forum that the tools mostly does not work. So i'm asking myself, what these tools are good and needed for.  :heh:

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

Pretty amaizing mess ups by a multimillion dollar company.

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

Yes it is, isn't it?

But what do you expect from a company that completely dropped a game after their only purpose of milking the playerbase to death world wide? Right, nothing.

I would assume it was like this: Game development was dropped so open up the next trash bin and bye bye to everything because we will never need the stuff ever again. The game is dead, not worth any further thinking and any further development at all. Period.

And then......Warpportal happened. They gave a so called "dead" game a chance and fought for taking over development rights.They won the fight and after that Poppie happened. Gravity Korea put everything they were able to find, no matter if broken or incomplete on a disk/USB/Harddrive - what they used doesn't really matter - and handed the whole mess to Warpportal. Here you go, have fun with this "dead" game.....oh, something is broken or missing? No longer our problem, you wanted the development right and here you are. Have a nice day, bye bye.

This is the point we are at right now.

That all of us are still able to play here is based on the hard work of Warpportal and their will to fight for a game everyone called dead before and it is completely based on the drive and dedication of the entire new staff (team) that is now in charge. Honestly we should be thankful about every single member of that team and Warpportal itself. Because without Warpportal fighting no development rights, without the team no support for the game and without Poppie no development work at all would be possible.

But I guess by now everyone here, the players and the staff, have shown the world Dragon Saga is still alive and thriving even with all the mess and broken stuff the former devs left us alone with. Dear former devs we are all aware about the mountains you threw directly on our path but guess what we will just continue to climb over them.

#6 Karazingah

Karazingah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

Yes it is, isn't it?

But what do you expect from a company that completely dropped a game after their only purpose of milking the playerbase to death world wide? Right, nothing.

I would assume it was like this: Game development was dropped so open up the next trash bin and bye bye to everything because we will never need the stuff ever again. The game is dead, not worth any further thinking and any further development at all. Period.

And then......Warpportal happened. They gave a so called "dead" game a chance and fought for taking over development rights.They won the fight and after that Poppie happened. Gravity Korea put everything they were able to find, no matter if broken or incomplete on a disk/USB/Harddrive - what they used doesn't really matter - and handed the whole mess to Warpportal. Here you go, have fun with this "dead" game.....oh, something is broken or missing? No longer our problem, you wanted the development right and here you are. Have a nice day, bye bye.

This is the point we are at right now.

That all of us are still able to play here is based on the hard work of Warpportal and their will to fight for a game everyone called dead before and it is completely based on the drive and dedication of the entire new staff (team) that is now in charge. Honestly we should be thankful about every single member of that team and Warpportal itself. Because without Warpportal fighting no development rights, without the team no support for the game and without Poppie no development work at all would be possible.

But I guess by now everyone here, the players and the staff, have shown the world Dragon Saga is still alive and thriving even with all the mess and broken stuff the former devs left us alone with. Dear former devs we are all aware about the mountains you threw directly on our path but guess what we will just continue to climb over them.

how come they create new stuff with this broken tools and we cant? back then we see many new items and nowadays not

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:42 AM

Yes it is, isn't it?

But what do you expect from a company that completely dropped a game after their only purpose of milking the playerbase to death world wide?

Well I would've actually expected such a business minded company to not let anything worth anything go to waste until it was absolutely certain that nobody could dig this game up from its grave and perform cpr the likes of which the world has never seen before.

Also it would be in their best intrests to see Dragon Saga succeed to any degree, it's so funny that this has happened and I do think it's very telling about the company in general. I'd even go as far as to say that it shows the kind of attitude korean mmorpg makers have toward the western market even though I know nothing about what's behind the whole ordeal. 0/10 would not invest.

Edited by Precrush, 24 September 2017 - 05:45 AM.

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

how come they create new stuff with this broken tools and we cant? back then we see many new items and nowadays not

Because that time the tools weren't broken. They knew what they did or had to do. We have zero documentation, only the half of the stuff we need. We only got what they were able to find somewhere. It's just incomplete or broken because stuff is missing or not longer compatible to new windows versions because they didn't update anything because there was no need for it anymore. The development had been dropped and that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users